A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Andy- season three with Aston could be the year that I achieve success in EPL and Europe. My defense started the year by conceding one goal in the first eleven games. That also happened to be my only loss through the first 18 games (1-0 away at Liverpool. I am top of the table by four pts through the first 12 games. I have already been away at Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U. The rest of the schedule is much easier.

In Europe, I have already won my group after four games, including a sweep of Real Madrid. If this continues it will be a dream season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy- I edited some leagues, hence I am able to run the New Zealand, Bermudan, Ghanaian and Belize league. In my first season with Aucland City I have won the New Zealnd League (and now the OFC club competition is waiting). I agree that Auckland robably is the best team in the league by far, but I have played 15 matches (replaced New Zealand for India), won 13, drew 2, scored 37 and conceded 10. I never saw a tactic so soberly effective, great work man!

Originally posted by blade111:

I ain't being funny Celtic, if team talks are that huge why dont they just do Rock, Scissors, paper, and cut all the bull of having to play footy in between cos its just a guessing game. Got to say you are probably right with playing players that 100% or near as I just went back into my game and really struggled to win 2-1 with players that were somewhere near 100% but it was bloody hard, and they were far from my best team.

I find if you dont play players regular they seem to lose about 5% fitness.

But surely you pick your best team not who is the fittest. But thank you

Fair comments but I'll explain what I think, it not the gospel truth but what I find.

Firstly team talks are important. If you control them and use them properly, it helps blend the team as they are getting encouragement and also within 2 months of being appointed, you will have 5 or so players listing you as favoured staff. Also, how many times have you seen the line in commentary, "must have been something the manager said at half time?", is quite common. I find that if the ass man takes control he generally causes a negative effect on the players, just have a look at the 'view team talk feedback' button. He picks random things rather than methodical.

Secondly, yes picking your best 11 is the way to go. But if you continually do that, they will burnout ahortly after the new year. I am not saying rotate everything as this tactic is built around teamwork and understanding, but rotate the BENCH and pull different players off when the game is won. There is no need to leave your best TM on the pitch when 4-0 with 20mins to go. Take him off and he will be quite likely 100% condition for the next match. Rotating the bench means everyone can have a break if the game is going well.

Upto you if you take that advice, its just what I do and find works.

I don't care what anyone says there is definetly something wrong with this game.

I started a new game with Yeovil was odds on favourites to go down, had a brilliant run up until Feb all of sudden I've hit a brick wall. At the start of the season the pace of the game was amazing, now you watch them the passing movement has slowed down that it looks like its all going in slow motion, and no the settings are the same I've not touched them.

My players couldn't hit a bloody barn door, I've not brought players in well one guy up front and he didn't take to long to settle,as he got 3 goals in 4 games and then he hit a brick wall.

I was getting hammered by the oppo wingers so I decided to man mark them, and I hate doing that, as unlike in real footy its like musical chairs the way the fc is on the wing and the guy that my fb is supposed to be marking has gone to an mcd position although he has never played there in his life. You have to stop the game every minute to change the set up.

Not anything to do with your Tactics Andy the game is just doing me head in, I just hope to heck 08 is better.

Its just your tactic is the one I'm using at the moment.

I'd much rather yours as I hate fannying around with the tweaking mullarky,

But I shall soldier on.

One thing I could possibly fallin on my a*** with is the team talks, as when I ask the ass for team talk info hes says their moral is low, although on the main screne when you look at the players moral its all high, by the way I'm doing the team talks.

Anyway any help will be gratefully recieved ta

I'm just guessing but are you using a suitable training program blade111?

I remember Cleon stating when the game was first released that if you ignored traing the tactic would collapse around the 3-4 month stage. Matts Training is recommended and can be found in this thread.

Andy - Did'nt give this a fair run first time out, but instead of reading through 18 pages of the thread, i wondered if there was an updated version, or certain tweaks to take into consideration?.

Celticwiseman included the updated version a couple of pages back, along with matt's training. No tweaks really nessary just some optional farrows on the FB's but that is more down to the players your using.

Thanks for your help Celtic, very useful. I have actually unticked the Targetman as I've not got anybody that fits that criteria, and hoping to get some decent money next season to buy somebody.

I have just found a thread that Rashidi started on teamtalks, which is useful.

Andy I am use Matts training but coming up to Xmas I was getting loads of injuries so I reduced the work load especially on my strikers as I had 3 injured at the same time.

I have 2 physios, and I do have a couple of coaches that I need to get rid of but its going to cost fair few quid to sack them, do you reckon its best to bite the bullet and dump them. Thank you anyway

Originally posted by Hammer1000:

Andy - Did'nt give this a fair run first time out, but instead of reading through 18 pages of the thread, i wondered if there was an updated version, or certain tweaks to take into consideration?.

Hammer1000

On page 14 i have written down some attributes in the different positions, maybe you could take a look there and take som hints.

Also if you get the odd 0-5 result or 4-4 or loose 1-2 in the last minute, dont bother. Just take it and go on. Thats what i did and i have never had so much sucsess on fm07 before.

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hammer1000:

Hammer1000

On page 14 i have written down some attributes in the different positions, maybe you could take a look there and take som hints.

Also if you get the odd 0-5 result or 4-4 or loose 1-2 in the last minute, dont bother. Just take it and go on. Thats what i did and i have never had so much sucsess on fm07 before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Andy and Sunny!.

Let you know how i get on.

Originally posted by boingboing:

After hour upon hour of trying to master this game I think I have finally found a solution.

I downloaded andys tactic a few weeks back , and it got me playing the game again , but i still wasen't having the sucsess others here were having. The best I managed was winning League 1 with Forest and 4th in Premier with spurs.

On Wednesday I was reading a thread by Googen which can be found here

I decided as one last resort to do what Googen had advised but instead of using a 4-4-2 I used Andys tactic as a base tactic . The only thing I changed was lowered d-line to half way and unticked play offside and ticked counter attack.

I then followed googens setting up instructions and began a new game with Spurs.

To my amazement the results were fantastic , I had never previously won the premiership with anyone but here is the final table for my 1st season with Spurs making only 1 signing.

tablespurs.jpg

I have started season 2 with four straight wins and look even better.

Just thought i'd let you now what was working for me...... I'll keep you updated

hi. Can you post your tweaked tactic so i would chech it with may NAntes. THANX

Well what a change round, thanks to your info Celtic and also have a quick scan of Rashidis thread. On his he suggested giving players a rage moment at half time to players that have a 6 but have a high moral. Well it bloody worked.

We actually hammered Tramere away 6-0 to reach the play offs, and in the final beat the Gills 6-3.

So onwards and upwards thank you

Finished off 2nd half of a season with this tactic, so i cannot judge it fairly.

Stats were as follows though

W 12 D 5 L 7

Had most of the players needed according to Sunny, apart from the two wide strikers, which could have made all the difference?.

Have to start a new game to test properly.

Originally posted by Zigi:

hi. Can you post your tweaked tactic so i would chech it with may NAntes. THANX

Hi , you need to read the googen thread to totally understand how this tactic set work , but here are the ones I made up using Andys tactic as the starting point

Spurs_Tactics

Originally posted by Chewy2006:

hey boing boing, were did u get ur backgroud from and yeah if u cud upload ur tactic that wud be great.

It was a graphics mega pack I downloaded from a torrent site

thanks for the upload boing icon_cool.gif but i was wondering if u cud give me any advice which 1 u wud use urself if u were managing in league 2 and if they would differ 4 cup games against strong teams.

I am MK Dons myself and just about to play West Brom in carling cup.

Hope u can help cheers

So guys, im now finished with my first season in the Premier League and i mastered to get qualified for Europe!!

finaltablepremiershipwrub2.th.png]

Im quite happy with this result, it shows that my gambling in the championship was sucsessfull. I tried my self on teamtalks, but i gave that up. To painfull and i dont understand it.

My three defenders have now played togehter for 2 consecutive season going for my third. I hope that my attack can be a little better for the next season. Going for a champions league spot!!

OK Season 4 update and I think I will let these pictures do my talking.

s4overviewpj5.th.jpg]Overview[/url]

s4squadtu8.th.jpg]Squad[/url]

s4leagueov1.th.jpg]League[/url]

s4leaguecupax5.th.jpg]League cup[/url]

s4supercupki5.th.jpg]Super cup[/url]

s4clubworldtv4.th.jpg]Club World Championship[/url]

So all of this thanks to this formation and the tips of Andy and Sunny so thanks guys but I finally did it to prove you can win the league and the european cup in the same season.

Also so you can see what I have done with Derby over the last four years here you go.

s4managerachot3.th.jpg]Manager Achievements[/url]

OK then bring on season five what would I like to do well win the missing two pieces of silverwear FA Cup and Community Shield and defend European Cup for a 2nd time in a row and oh win the league again. This might be the best I have ever done on any football manager and my love for the game returns thanks Andy.

Guys just an update on my game with atletico, currently still running away with the Spanish league and went through CL group undefeated. Fantastic tactic, still works despite being a season and a half since I started using it!

Some hints for those with bigger teams that struggle to break down defensive formations.

I find if the opponent is playing a flat 442 then results will come if you bring passing to the first notch of direct and tempo to one notch above slow.

Another little hint that seems to work well if your forwards aren't really firing is to set TM supply to mixed and put your forwards to a free role, works especially well if your side forwards are creative and skilful. The change in TM supply works well if your team is finding the heading route isn't working.

Anyway, best tactic I've used Andy... you have made FM07 fun for me for the first time since i bought it!

Originally posted by Al Bundy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Targetman:

Jumping, strengh, bravery, position.

You could throw in heading and finishing too, but those four are the main attributes i look for.

IMO, this is the most important post in this thread + of course, tactic by andy.

When searching targetman, you can easily go to player search, filter it with those 4 important attributes jumping, strenght, bravery, position and this works with any team because you can use DC that come up with necessary attributes.

I cant believe it, this tactic+targetman (I use DC,training his new position as ST) feels almost as cheating. icon14.gif

If my grammar suck,well I cant help it. icon_razz.gif Hoope you understand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with this, I have two target men in my squad but last season one got injured and then the other also got crocked during the next game... I took a punt and put Radoi up front in that role... he didn't pull up houses but he did the job so they're handy to have as back-ups...

Excellent work Paggioram and sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong icon_wink.gif

No disrespect intended towards Derby, but it shows if they can do it then it is possible with most teams in the EPL or maybe even the Championship level.

Do you remember that first season though? Just shows that if it doesn't work hang in there, if you have done everything correct it will reap rewards... eventually!

Hei andy.

What do you say we just put this tactic in the new demo on sunday and see what happens?

I wasn't aware the demo was coming out yet. Certainly it will be worth trying once it does.

Hopefully we'll get something working quicker. A lot of people give up on 07 and although i managed to get some playing again i think judging by these forums it was to late for to many.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hei andy.

What do you say we just put this tactic in the new demo on sunday and see what happens?

I wasn't aware the demo was coming out yet. Certainly it will be worth trying once it does.

Hopefully we'll get something working quicker. A lot of people give up on 07 and although i managed to get some playing again i think judging by these forums it was to late for to many. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats an understatement. Once i downloaded it i will certainly try this tactic to see how it is going. youll only play half a season, but i think you will get a picture of how it will go.

Isnt the match engine the same in fm08 as in fm 07?

Isnt the match engine the same in fm08 as in fm 07?

You can never tell. With every patch that has ever come out they have always the match engine is uneffected and yet everyone seems to think different.

I hope to keep the formation the same with maybe some adjustments. We'll see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hei andy.

Hopefully we'll get something working quicker. A lot of people give up on 07 and although i managed to get some playing again i think judging by these forums it was to late for to many. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats an understatement. Once i downloaded it i will certainly try this tactic to see how it is going. youll only play half a season, but i think you will get a picture of how it will go.

Isnt the match engine the same in fm08 as in fm 07? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bloody hope not. icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

I bloody hope not.

Hammer1000: I'm sure alot of us can relate to what you mean, but it could, god forbid, actually get worse. wwfan has stated that he would like SI to up the ante as in his opinion FM07 was still to easy. Hundreds of people said the opposite but whos opinon will SI value more?

Anyway if you look at what Paggioram and sunny have achieved just to name two, you can see why we hope they don't alter it for the worse as their history has shown they usually do!

don't miss boingboing's tactic set. I've played Poland vs Holland and replayed 10 times - always loosing. Nothing helped - different arrows, different players, differnet opponents istruction and team talk (0:3,0:5 etc). I couldn't even score. Finally I tried to put my best defender into striker position - it's very good idea (most headers won), but still no success. Then I tried boingboing set and bingo! - draw 1:1 and lost in 120 minute 2:1 but I was even partner for Holland (BTW it was quarter final, Holland has won title). I used HOME 6 - it's andysafc tactic, so no changes are needed to players.

I think this set makes this tactic even better!

andysunnyot1.jpg

Andy(and Sunny), here are my stats so far, as you can see i'm doing really well so far!. icon14.gif

Started a new game and brought in the kinds of players Sunny suggested(those that would sign that is) and it appears to have helped.

Funny, i was just going to say that we have managed to steer clear of any major injurys so far, but Iversen has just been injured during a game, so i'm expecting a long lay off?.

Strangely, i never get much out of Eddie Johnson?(back up for Iversen), who some people swear by.

The good thing i've noticed is that although losing a couple of dodgy games where we were by far the better side, i've also picked up points in games where we have struggled. This is what i like about the tactic, as i've NEVER seen this before in all the time i've spent playing 07.

I'll keep you informed!.

just finished my second season with birmingham.After finishing 2nd in the first season losing the league by 1 point,this season was very different man utd stormed away with the league finishing with 98 points,i finished third on 80 so an improvement on points if not placing.the cups were indifferent losing to barcelona in the q/f of the champions league,getting beat by villa in the league cup round 4,but winning the fa cup beating newcastle 2-0 in the final.so overall not a bad season i think.

Went on an 8 game winning run over Xmas and New Year, but a difficult away game to Arsenal coming up.

The weather was wet, which i thought would go in our favour, with the tactic being direct and Arsenal as we know love trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.

Even so, it would be a difficult game which i would have been more than happy with a point.

We lost 5-4, which would have been totally acceptable, only Arsenal were playing the most wonderful one touch short passing football, even in the rain?.

With all the threads and game tips telling you not to try this sort of football in wet weather, it goes to show again that its one rule for the human manager and another for the AI, which typifies 07 completely!.

Still 4th in the Prem in early Feb, in the Carling Cup Final, Qtr Final of FA Cup(away to Arsenal) and in 2nd knockout stage in UEFA Cup(Liverpool).

Good show.

Went on an 8 game winning run over Xmas and New Year, but a difficult away game to Arsenal coming up.

The weather was wet, which i thought would go in our favour, with the tactic being direct and Arsenal as we know love trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.

Even so, it would be a difficult game which i would have been more than happy with a point.

We lost 5-4, which would have been totally acceptable, only Arsenal were playing the most wonderful one touch short passing football, even in the rain?.

With all the threads and game tips telling you not to try this sort of football in wet weather, it goes to show again that its one rule for the human manager and another for the AI, which typifies 07 completely!.

Still 4th in the Prem in early Feb, in the Carling Cup Final, Qtr Final of FA Cup(away to Arsenal) and in 2nd knockout stage in UEFA Cup(Liverpool).

Good show.

Well done hammer. It is true that the game is inconscitent, but we have to remember it is just a game. But with this tactic and the right players anything is possible.

I mean, when i can win the champions league with Tromsø who knows what we can achieve!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hammer1000:

Good show.

Well done hammer. It is true that the game is inconscitent, but we have to remember it is just a game. But with this tactic and the right players anything is possible.

I mean, when i can win the champions league with Tromsø who knows what we can achieve!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Appreciate your help mate cheers!. icon14.gif

I know its just a game mate, but as far as i'm concerned it play's like a game that is in its first stages of creation, rather than an improving continuation of a game that has been out for years, i fear we've seen the best of this series and its all downhill from here.

Are there any specific midfielders i should be trying to sign that would fit the tactic perfectly?.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

Good show.

I mean, when i can win the champions league with Tromsø who knows what we can achieve!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its just a game mate, but as far as i'm concerned it play's like a game that is in its first stages of creation, rather than an improving continuation of a game that has been out for years, i fear we've seen the best of this series and its all downhill from here.

Are there any specific midfielders i should be trying to sign that would fit the tactic perfectly?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im always trying to look for kristofer hæstad. He fits the left mid pos perfectly. Pare him up with mathieu bodmer and let them settle for a year or two. I have them both on my ipswich save and they look brilliant. But if you compare players with hæstad then you can see what players would fit perfectly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

Good show.

Are there any specific midfielders i should be trying to sign that would fit the tactic perfectly?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im always trying to look for kristofer hæstad. He fits the left mid pos perfectly. Pare him up with mathieu bodmer and let them settle for a year or two. I have them both on my ipswich save and they look brilliant. But if you compare players with hæstad then you can see what players would fit perfectly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Sunny, i'll be posting my end of 1st season stats soon!. icon14.gif

Bruce Willmann I am up for the challenge it is just the FA cup I not got and the community shield.

However!

First Season 5 upset just beat Chelsea 3 - 1 so I got the Community shield just the FA cup to now get will post screenshot later.

Yes but i think his challenge is to try and win ALL of them in the same season! i think we're getting a bit carried away here!

Originally posted by kroshot:

quick update transfers in pre season 3

javier mascherano(liverpool)

julio baptista(real madrid)

carlos vela(arsenal)

Havent we said that we dont need this information. Theres no need in telling us who you buy and sell. We dont need this thread closed!!

andysunny4pe1.jpg

andysunny5ik2.jpg

Probably the best season i've ever had enjoyment wise.

Certainly the best end of season player stats i've ever seen.

Goals galore as you can see and unbeaten at home all season!.

Never lost a game by more than 1 goal too!.

Hopefully season 2 wont turn to sh*t?.

Nice work Andy and thanks Sunny for the info!. icon14.gif

Using the following tactic LENNONS 5-2-3 TACTIC

Playing in my first Year with SYDNEY FC in the A League, i just finished third, and lost in my preliminary final in penalties,even though i didnt win any taurnaments im happy with the eff0rt.

im In my 2nd year now, and arranged a pre season friendly with Arsenal, yes they Accepted icon_biggrin.gif

so they'v fielded most there team as youngsters,reserves etc...never to say the Less i wacked em 5-1, so the tactic is Looking like the goods for the 2nd year running, hopefully this year with some trophies, cheers.

Archived