A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Probably the best season i've ever had enjoyment wise.

Certainly the best end of season player stats i've ever seen.

Goals galore as you can see and unbeaten at home all season!.

Never lost a game by more than 1 goal too!.

Hopefully season 2 wont turn to sh*t?.

Nice work Andy and thanks Sunny for the info!. icon14.gif

Very nice work, hammer!

Very good score ratio you have there. Seems that you dont need fixing on your offence, maybe a quick defender. I dont know.

But im very happy for you!!

icon14.gificon14.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Very nice work, hammer!

Very good score ratio you have there. Seems that you dont need fixing on your offence, maybe a quick defender. I dont know.

icon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Sunny!.

I have Ferdinand, Upson and Distin as my 3 DC's, all are pretty quick.

Did'nt get as much money to spend as expected, £16M and decided i needed a good GK(Ochoa) and a pacey RB(Rafinha), which took most of my funds.

Got Haestad for £1.3M, but got injured so have'nt seen him play yet?.

Won 3 and drawn 1 of my friendlies, but have Palermo to play in CL qualifier, so may struggle?.

Great tactic andysafc, I usually great my own tactics but your tactic seemed a bit different so though I'd give it a go.

Well I'm over 20 seasons into a FM2007 game and currently playing in the MLS with Columbus Crew for a change. I had two good seasons previously (2029, 2030) winning a few trophies and taking the team forward. However I was unprepared for the success your tactic managed to obtain.

A clean sweep of evey trophy I could possibly win with the exception of the World Club Championship, which I went out of on penalties against Gremio. With new players from the draft and having to replace several of my bigger players (hard to get good players to stay in America for long) I didn't expect results so quickly but won the North American Nations Cup which is early season and won all of my first nine games of the season.

Columbus Crew Season 2031 Clean Sweep

I have tried this tactic at International level with Morocco and am having limited success. Although I am on course to qualify for the World Cup (just about) I struggled at the African Nations Cup being firmly knocked out in the First Knock Out round.

A couple of things I have found with this tactic are that I don't need to set a specific target man (although the target man is ticked) and I can get away with defenders with pace of about 10 if they have good anticipation (hard to get decent defenders with pace at the moment).

You have greated what seems to me to be a very successful tactic. I look forward to giving it a whirl with a bigger european team and see how it fairs.

Originally posted by Hammer1000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Very nice work, hammer!

Cheers Sunny!.

Did'nt get as much money to spend as expected, £16M and decided i needed a good GK(Ochoa) and a pacey RB(Rafinha), which took most of my funds.

Won 3 and drawn 1 of my friendlies, but have Palermo to play in CL qualifier, so may struggle?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you will enjoy when hæstad is fit. He usually lies on 7.30-7.70 in ratings. He does the job for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hammer1000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

Very nice work, hammer!

Cheers Sunny!.

Won 3 and drawn 1 of my friendlies, but have Palermo to play in CL qualifier, so may struggle?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you will enjoy when hæstad is fit. He usually lies on 7.30-7.70 in ratings. He does the job for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haestad has managed 9-8-8 so far in his 3 starts which is more than impressive!.

Think the game has already decided to let me struggle this season though, as i have lost both Tevez and Iversen for 4 months.

With Higuain going back to Real, thats my top 3 strikers from last season all gone, Johnson will have to step up to the mark, although i feel he has an injury coming on?.

Originally posted by Hammer1000:

After qualifying for the CL we now have a very healthy bank balance of £30M, just asked the board for more funds due to the loss of my best two strikers and have been warned not to bother them again?.

Great tactic - Sh*t game!.

Why dont just "point a finger" at the game and say that you finally have contoll over this sh*t.

By the way, i never buy Iversen, he gets injured too often. I trust Eddie Johnson or Crouch or another one with high target stats.

I like what you did the first season with West Ham. Hang in there and dont buy to many players and then youll get a well blended team and fight for the throphies!

icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hammer1000:

After qualifying for the CL we now have a very healthy bank balance of £30M, just asked the board for more funds due to the loss of my best two strikers and have been warned not to bother them again?.

Why dont just "point a finger" at the game and say that you finally have contoll over this sh*t.

By the way, i never buy Iversen, he gets injured too often. I trust Eddie Johnson or Crouch or another one with high target stats.

I like what you did the first season with West Ham. Hang in there and dont buy to many players and then youll get a well blended team and fight for the throphies!

icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iversen was top goalscorer last season and won player of the year, for £1.2M he is absolutely the perfect TM for this tactic.

May get a few Million to spend in January, so may look at Bianchi or Zigic?.

Totally new to his forum and the game!

But i've started using this tactic for barnet in div 2.

I've got all my defenders with 10 or plus pace and tackling. Any my TM above 10 for heading.

Midfielders have tackling at 10 or above.

10 games into season and I basically lost most of my first 6 won last 3 and my final game I was winning 3 nil and then they came back and beat me 3-4 :-( my question is when i'm 3 nil up is it worht cghnaging tactic from attacking mentality to defensive ?? Just close the game down or is better to just leave it as it is and take it the defeat on the chin ?!?!

Originally posted by divaboy:

I've got all my defenders with 10 or plus pace and tackling. Any my TM above 10 for heading.

10 games into season and I basically lost most of my first 6 won last 3 and my final game I was winning 3 nil and then they came back and beat me 3-4 :-( my question is when i'm 3 nil up is it worht cghnaging tactic from attacking mentality to defensive ?? Just close the game down or is better to just leave it as it is and take it the defeat on the chin ?!?!

It is teamtalk that's bugging you. Look at feedback, you probably left it to assistant and he's yelling(spell...) "For the fans!" all the time. Had exact problem. Check out teamtalk threads, it is pretty simple.

Originally posted by Al Bundy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by divaboy:

It is teamtalk that's bugging you. Look at feedback, you probably left it to assistant and he's yelling(spell...) "For the fans!" all the time. Had exact problem. Check out teamtalk threads, it is pretty simple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't mean to appear lazy but could you reccommned a thread , becasue there are that many and some are contradicticing I'm not sure which one to follow. So if you could reccommend one that would be great icon_smile.gif

thanks in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Al Bundy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by divaboy:

It is teamtalk that's bugging you. Look at feedback, you probably left it to assistant and he's yelling(spell...) "For the fans!" all the time. Had exact problem. Check out teamtalk threads, it is pretty simple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't mean to appear lazy but could you reccommned a thread , becasue there are that many and some are contradicticing I'm not sure which one to follow. So if you could reccommend one that would be great icon_smile.gif

thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here you go:

1. http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717...082087823#2082087823

2. http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717...742015482#1742015482

So im back for another report and im getting even more certain what the sucsess of this tactic is. Try to get your players and blend them as quickley as possible. Here is the table 20 matches in my 2nd season in the premiership.

20gamesinseasonwn7.th.png]

My defenders how now played together for 2 and half years(my 3 central defenders) and that is now paying of.

After 20 games i have let in 12 goals and theres only man utd who have let in 11, who is better than me.

I hope i can get that champions league spot, that is my goal.

So im back for another report and im getting even more certain what the sucsess of this tactic is. Try to get your players and blend them as quickley as possible.

Have you spotted any methods to help players blend faster? My findings thus far is choosing players that speak english or are used to the premiership, coupled with a winning streak. Am gonna start a new game anyway, so will choose loads of friendlies with rubbish teams I can walk over and see if it does work!

Sorry to complain fella's but this game is a complete and utter farce!.

You cannot hide from the fact that the game simply chooses your path for you and all the best tactics team instructions and team talks wont make a blind bit of difference when a decision has been made.

Here are the stats from my home defeats so far this season.(unbeaten away in all competitions)

hd1ua3.jpg

hd2co9.jpg

hd3ng0.jpg

I have been doing my own team talks, so after a couple of early home draws i thought it might be down to the fact that we are classed as a better team now and should ask for more from the players when at home?.

I tried to incorporate this for a couple of home games with morale high in the squad and saw two of the worst performances we've had so far?.

If it is the team talks to blame, can you not see just how ridiculous this makes the game when you are pulling teams apart, but not winning simply because you may not have said what the AI wanted you too?.

Originally posted by CelticWiseman:

So im back for another report and im getting even more certain what the sucsess of this tactic is. Try to get your players and blend them as quickley as possible.

Have you spotted any methods to help players blend faster? My findings thus far is choosing players that speak english or are used to the premiership, coupled with a winning streak. Am gonna start a new game anyway, so will choose loads of friendlies with rubbish teams I can walk over and see if it does work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont have a special formula, when im happy with my players i just let them play and play and play.

My three defenders now are welsh, scottish and american/english. So they speak the same language. Maybe thats a factor, i dont know.

Hammer1000

Why dont you just pick up the defeat and move on? Thats what i do. I dont think theres need to complain at all. In the championship i had a 12 game loosing streak and i bounced back and managed to promote.

Just play, play and have fun. Loose with a smile!

Well i;ve just completed a season with barnet. I stopped them from getting relegated this season finished 20 th. Is that a realstic finish in the first season??.

I've got a settled back 5 now and seem to have a decent front line. It just seems I struggle to hold a lead. All my defenders have pace and tackling above 10 . Is there any other attirbutes that are important.

My midfielders have decent pace , passing and tackling (all above 10 again). Again are there any other attributes they should have???

Also any other obvious tips to help a budding novice flourish in this game icon_wink.gif

Well i;ve just completed a season with barnet. I stopped them from getting relegated this season finished 20 th. Is that a realstic finish in the first season??.

I've got a settled back 5 now and seem to have a decent front line. It just seems I struggle to hold a lead. All my defenders have pace and tackling above 10 . Is there any other attirbutes that are important.

My midfielders have decent pace , passing and tackling (all above 10 again). Again are there any other attributes they should have???

Also any other obvious tips to help a budding novice flourish in this game icon_wink.gif

Check out page 14. There you can find what attributes you need to look for.

icon_wink.gif

stick with it mate it willpay off the saying patience is a virtue however boring seems right with this tactic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CelticWiseman:

Have you spotted any methods to help players blend faster? My findings thus far is choosing players that speak english or are used to the premiership, coupled with a winning streak. Am gonna start a new game anyway, so will choose loads of friendlies with rubbish teams I can walk over and see if it does work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont have a special formula, when im happy with my players i just let them play and play and play.

My three defenders now are welsh, scottish and american/english. So they speak the same language. Maybe thats a factor, i dont know.

Hammer1000

Why dont you just pick up the defeat and move on? Thats what i do. I dont think theres need to complain at all. In the championship i had a 12 game loosing streak and i bounced back and managed to promote.

Just play, play and have fun. Loose with a smile! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easier said than done Sunny mate.

Here are my December results, note this is the period in which many complain their form takes an unexplainable hit. Check out my results before and after this period, again its easy to decipher just what happens here?.

hd4en2.jpg

Hard to have fun mate, when i could get more realistic results rolling just one dice?, the match engine appears less clever than a dice roll, which is why i deserve to vent my anger at SI.

Originally posted by glynnbob:

stick with it mate it willpay off the saying patience is a virtue however boring seems right with this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the confidence boost. I will try my best to have patience I promise!

thanks for the link to page 14.

One last thing what sort of attribute levels should div2 players have in the nesscery fields.

Is anything above 10 acctepable for this leageue or should be aiming higher ??

i used this tactic with my newly promoted cesena in seria a.my team realy sucked and i lost 6 in row.

i changed to an defensive tight counterattacking 4-4-2 with fast strikers. i do ok now and best result was win over juve 3-0 away. hehe.

i guess andys tactic is for good teams when u have acces to strikers with super jumping. my best had like 14 and the ball bounced back every single time haha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glynnbob:

stick with it mate it willpay off the saying patience is a virtue however boring seems right with this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the confidence boost. I will try my best to have patience I promise!

thanks for the link to page 14.

One last thing what sort of attribute levels should div2 players have in the nesscery fields.

Is anything above 10 acctepable for this leageue or should be aiming higher ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>them stats seem fine mate but as regards you hanging on at the end all i do is up the time wasting to 18-19 it seems to work for me even when they go 4-2-4. give it a go around the 80 min mark.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bruce Willmann I am up for the challenge it is just the FA cup I not got and the community shield.

However!

First Season 5 upset just beat Chelsea 3 - 1 so I got the Community shield just the FA cup to now get will post screenshot later.

Yes but i think his challenge is to try and win ALL of them in the same season! i think we're getting a bit carried away here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy- I know that you don't want to take credit for the huge success that this tactic has become, but I think it is possible to win everything with this tactic and the right players. My third season with Villa has been great. My best season ever, back to CM01-02.

I have one loss through the beginning of March. It was the second game of the season away at Liverpool 0-1. Since then, we are unbeaten. The three central defenders are the key. I have Micah Richards, Steven Taylor and Vincent Kompany in these crucial positions.

I have scored almost 100 goals in around forty games, while concedeing around 20 (I don't have the exact numbers with me at work, but the ratio is almost 5:1)

I have won the Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship, and League Cup so far. I am in the QF of the Champions League (I am hoping to repeat my victory of last year), I am in the SF of the FA Cup. I am 2nd in the EPL, but I am only five points behind with five games in hand.

The end of the season will be tough. It is March 2nd or 3rd and I have a ton of games left to play. I have 14 league games left and possibly as many as 7 cup games between the two competetions that I haven't won yet.

I will let you know if I am able to pull off the sweep.

Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bruce Willmann I am up for the challenge it is just the FA cup I not got and the community shield.

However!

First Season 5 upset just beat Chelsea 3 - 1 so I got the Community shield just the FA cup to now get will post screenshot later.

Yes but i think his challenge is to try and win ALL of them in the same season! i think we're getting a bit carried away here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy- I know that you don't want to take credit for the huge success that this tactic has become, but I think it is possible to win everything with this tactic and the right players. My third season with Villa has been great. My best season ever, back to CM01-02.

I have one loss through the beginning of March. It was the second game of the season away at Liverpool 0-1. Since then, we are unbeaten. The three central defenders are the key. I have Micah Richards, Steven Taylor and Vincent Kompany in these crucial positions.

I have scored almost 100 goals in around forty games, while concedeing around 20 (I don't have the exact numbers with me at work, but the ratio is almost 5:1)

I have won the Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship, and League Cup so far. I am in the QF of the Champions League (I am hoping to repeat my victory of last year), I am in the SF of the FA Cup. I am 2nd in the EPL, but I am only five points behind with five games in hand.

The end of the season will be tough. It is March 2nd or 3rd and I have a ton of games left to play. I have 14 league games left and possibly as many as 7 cup games between the two competetions that I haven't won yet.

I will let you know if I am able to pull off the sweep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree about this tactic, get the right players for the right positions and you WILL succeed!.

You will of course only be as succesful as the game allows you!.

After a 5 game winning streak which included a victory at Old trafford, we were again brought back down to Earth thanks to a controversial equaliser scored with Derby's only shot on target.(goal was offside)

hd5gl9.jpg

The worst of it is, i have Rafinha(RB) and Tevez who is finally back to full fitness, going AWOL for International duty, only to find that neither Brazil nor Argentina have fixtures?.

Finally realised they were playing in pointless U23 friendly matches???. icon_confused.gif

Awful

Hammer1000: Have you tweaked the tactic? Looking at your screenshots it looks as if you are controlling games TOO MUCH. In Fm07 if control the game in that manner you lose to freak results to often imo.

I prefer to not try to control possession or even shots on target, this gives me more control over results.

Originally posted by andysafc:

Hammer1000: Have you tweaked the tactic? Looking at your screenshots it looks as if you are controlling games TOO MUCH. In Fm07 if control the game in that manner you lose to freak results to often imo.

I prefer to not try to control possession or even shots on target, this gives me more control over results.

Made absolutely NO changes whatsoever mate.

Originally posted by boingboing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zigi:

hi. Can you post your tweaked tactic so i would chech it with may NAntes. THANX

Hi , you need to read the googen thread to totally understand how this tactic set work , but here are the ones I made up using Andys tactic as the starting point

Spurs_Tactics

Originally posted by Chewy2006:

hey boing boing, were did u get ur backgroud from and yeah if u cud upload ur tactic that wud be great.

It was a graphics mega pack I downloaded from a torrent site </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have them set out as Home 2, Home 4, etc etc and Away 2, Away 4 and so on. Any particular reason why?

Originally posted by Frankie 7:

You have them set out as Home 2, Home 4, etc etc and Away 2, Away 4 and so on. Any particular reason why?

The higher the number the more the attacking it is, For home matches I usually go HOME 8 or 10, away matches i go AWAY 6 but during the match I always follow the guide goosen posted ...

All of this advice should serve you well against the typical 4-4-2 Normal, arguably the most common tactic you'll face in your career. However these are not super tactics, rather they are an approach and you will have to tweak a little when facing other tactics. I'll outline a few examples for you.

4-4-2 Attacking: This one has long forward arrows on the wingers. Simply have your full backs mark their opposite winger but set them to loose marking, otherwise they'll get sucked into midfield too often. Try setting your DCs to man-marking, don't specify any names. Focus passing to mixed or down both flanks. Set your FBs fwd runs to mixed at the most.

4-4-2 Counter Attacking: This one has no f-arrows at all. It is a counter attacking variant, there are a couple that the AI uses so don't play into their hands. Choose a tactic that is actually one more defensive than you would against their typical 4-4-2 Normal and have your DCs man mark their strikers.

4-4-2 Diamond Normal: This one has no f-arrows. Have your DCs tight man mark the two strikers. Again don't specify the strikers' names.

4-5-1 Normal: Five in midfield with an isolated lone striker. Go into opp. instructions on your tactics menu and click on their FC. Set closing down to always. Focus passing down both flanks.

4-3-3 Normal: This one has no AMC and two f-arrowed wingers. Instruct your fullbacks to tight man mark the wingers. Drop their closing down by one click! Set their fwd runs to rarely. Opp. Instructions, always close down their lone striker and focus passing down both flanks. Tackling to mixed.

4-3-3 Counter Attacking: This one has no f-arrows on the wingers. Again go with a tactic one more defensive than you would normally choose. Follow the steps above but you can set your FBs fwd runs to mixed. Tackling to mixed.

4-2-4: The AI will throw this at you late in the game if you're up by a goal. Set your DCs to manmarking. Drop your FBs closing down by two clicks and have them man mark their opposite numbers. Make sure their fwd runs are set to rarely. Bump up time-wasting and focus passing down both flanks. Tackling to mixed.

4-2-3-1: Possibly the best tactic in the game. If any of you could create a RoO variation of this you'd be laughing all the way to managerial infamy. Have your FBs man-mark their wingers, drop their closing down by one and set fwd runs to mixed at most. Have your MCd man mark their AMC, drop his closing down by one. Set tackling to mixed. Focus passing down both flanks.

4-2-2-2 Defensive: Real Madrid use this in my career game. Two DMs sit in front of the back four, two wingers, no f-arrows. Have your DCs manmark their strikers, focus passing down both flanks.

4-2-2-2 Attacking: Two MCs and wingers pushed up to the AMC position. Same as above but have your FBs man-mark their wingers. Drop their closing down by one, set their tackling and fwd runs to mixed.

5-4-1: This is a wing-backs formation with a lone striker. The wing-backs are f-arrowed. It seems to cause problems for a lot of people due to it's heavily defensive set-up. Not any more. Side arrow your strikers and instruct them to cross the ball often. Make sure your DCs closing down is 10 at the least, and your FBs closing down is at least 14. Have your MCd man mark their AMC, don't drop his closing down. Focus passing down both flanks. You won't have too many clear cut chances but you will bombard their goal with set-pieces so make sure you've take the time to set them up properly.

5-4-1 Counter Attacking: This one has wingbacks with no f-arrows. Again go one more defensive. Other than that it's the same as above

You still need the right players though to fit andys tactics and the midfield and full backs in my opinion are the most importaint positions.

Originally posted by boingboing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

The higher the number the more the attacking it is, For home matches I usually go HOME 8 or 10, away matches i go AWAY 6 but during the match I always follow the guide goosen posted ...

All of this advice should serve you well against the typical 4-4-2 Normal, arguably the most common tactic you'll face in your career. However these are not super tactics, rather they are an approach and you will have to tweak a little when facing other tactics. I'll outline a few examples for you.

4-4-2 Attacking: This one has long forward arrows on the wingers. Simply have your full backs mark their opposite winger but set them to loose marking, otherwise they'll get sucked into midfield too often. Try setting your DCs to man-marking, don't specify any names. Focus passing to mixed or down both flanks. Set your FBs fwd runs to mixed at the most.

4-4-2 Counter Attacking: This one has no f-arrows at all. It is a counter attacking variant, there are a couple that the AI uses so don't play into their hands. Choose a tactic that is actually one more defensive than you would against their typical 4-4-2 Normal and have your DCs man mark their strikers.

4-4-2 Diamond Normal: This one has no f-arrows. Have your DCs tight man mark the two strikers. Again don't specify the strikers' names.

4-5-1 Normal: Five in midfield with an isolated lone striker. Go into opp. instructions on your tactics menu and click on their FC. Set closing down to always. Focus passing down both flanks.

4-3-3 Normal: This one has no AMC and two f-arrowed wingers. Instruct your fullbacks to tight man mark the wingers. Drop their closing down by one click! Set their fwd runs to rarely. Opp. Instructions, always close down their lone striker and focus passing down both flanks. Tackling to mixed.

4-3-3 Counter Attacking: This one has no f-arrows on the wingers. Again go with a tactic one more defensive than you would normally choose. Follow the steps above but you can set your FBs fwd runs to mixed. Tackling to mixed.

4-2-4: The AI will throw this at you late in the game if you're up by a goal. Set your DCs to manmarking. Drop your FBs closing down by two clicks and have them man mark their opposite numbers. Make sure their fwd runs are set to rarely. Bump up time-wasting and focus passing down both flanks. Tackling to mixed.

4-2-3-1: Possibly the best tactic in the game. If any of you could create a RoO variation of this you'd be laughing all the way to managerial infamy. Have your FBs man-mark their wingers, drop their closing down by one and set fwd runs to mixed at most. Have your MCd man mark their AMC, drop his closing down by one. Set tackling to mixed. Focus passing down both flanks.

4-2-2-2 Defensive: Real Madrid use this in my career game. Two DMs sit in front of the back four, two wingers, no f-arrows. Have your DCs manmark their strikers, focus passing down both flanks.

4-2-2-2 Attacking: Two MCs and wingers pushed up to the AMC position. Same as above but have your FBs man-mark their wingers. Drop their closing down by one, set their tackling and fwd runs to mixed.

5-4-1: This is a wing-backs formation with a lone striker. The wing-backs are f-arrowed. It seems to cause problems for a lot of people due to it's heavily defensive set-up. Not any more. Side arrow your strikers and instruct them to cross the ball often. Make sure your DCs closing down is 10 at the least, and your FBs closing down is at least 14. Have your MCd man mark their AMC, don't drop his closing down. Focus passing down both flanks. You won't have too many clear cut chances but you will bombard their goal with set-pieces so make sure you've take the time to set them up properly.

5-4-1 Counter Attacking: This one has wingbacks with no f-arrows. Again go one more defensive. Other than that it's the same as above

You still need the right players though to fit andys tactics and the midfield and full backs in my opinion are the most importaint positions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had two good wins with your list of tactics. Away to Hibs i won 3-0 and home to Artmedia i won 4-1 And it looks pretty solid.

Hehehehehe, lost Tevez to injury in the very next game, then Ashton was sent off in the game after for an elbow, so he'll miss at least 3 games.

Six players unavailable throughout the whole squad, including reserves and U18's and 5 are my best 5 strikers lol?.

This game.........

Just a quick update on barnet, got through to jan last night and there mid table. Board are happy due to them expecting a relagtion fight. So thnk its going "alright" I'm hardly bowling teams over though:-(

got a whole host of injuires though. My best target man has a long term injury icon_frown.gif

Also on another note, how do you arrange pre season friendlys .......

Thanks again for all your help

Just a quick update on barnet, got through to jan last night and there mid table. Board are happy due to them expecting a relagtion fight. So thnk its going "alright" I'm hardly bowling teams over though:-(

got a whole host of injuires though. My best target man has a long term injury

Also on another note, how do you arrange pre season friendlys .......

Thanks again for all your help

The simple way to do it is goto Managers, then click Options. Tick the 1st option and your Ass Man will do it for you. If you want to do it yourself goto the fixtures screen and do it from there, but be quick or most of them get rejected by your opponents.

So do you think the performence is acceptabe then ??

Should I be pushing for promotion with a team like barnet in the second season??

I have pretty much kept the defence togther as best I can thinkI have brought in one new regular defender.

I also seem to have less possession then my oppents is this normal with this tactic ??

Hey boing boing and Frankie 7 I used this formation in a match(AWAY 6),did all the tweaks,final score 5-1(won),but..after the 4th goal down the A.I. played like 3-3-2-2-1 or so,X-Mas tree like.What do I have 2 do then and against other formations not described in your post from googen?

Originally posted by kennec:

hammer with that team u should win epl easy. world class keeper with 5 defenders and super super overrated SUPER strikers.

Thanks, now i'm even more depressed. icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

Team for season 3

Gk Ochoa

DL Pasqual

DR Rafinha

DC Ferdinand

DC Yobo

DC Richards

MC Mascherano

MC Reo Coker

FL Cassano

FC Iversen

FR Tevez

Already had 2 pre-season injuries though.

has anyone tried moving a striker back to a cm position with a long farrow between the the forwards.i recently tried this due to loads of injurys with my forwards leaving me with just iversen and vela available. playing barcelona in the champions league got a great 2-2 draw after coming from 2-0 down,just make sure the forward you move back is`nt the target man,what does everybody think.

Archived