A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost a fully fit Tevez to injury in 45th minute of 1st game, Community Shield against Arsenal.(drew 1-1 and lost on pens)

Lost a fully fit Iversen to injury in 2nd game, away to Spurs, 1st Prem game of the season in 2nd half injury time.(drew 0-0)

I think you may need to alter your training, although don't get me wrong this game does have some bugs concerning injuries but not to an extent where it effects results to much. As sunny said earlier it's a matter of taking it on the chin and moving on. If it's happening to much then look at training or your players, are they injury prone?

Originally posted by boingboing:

I would use Dean Ashton as your target man Hammer he was awesome in that position for me.

Ashton's lucky to win a quarter of his headers when i've been forced to play him there, whilst the likes of Iversen, Johnson and Bianchi win close to 90%.

Andy - I just leave the training as it is, but have brought in Coaches all of who'm have 5 stars.

The only reason the players are getting injured is because they are necassary for the tactic, the game has killed off the super tactic by either using the opposition 1 shot 1 goal rule or the make sure half the team is always injured rule.

I've been carrying on with my blackburn game, currently top in Feburary, still in the UEFA, in the final of the league cup too. Lost the Charity shield and in the 4th round of FA Cup, so still room for improvement.

Following sunny's advice and its working well.

Dont know whats happening in Hammers game with injuries, I rotate Iversen and Johnson as much as possible (even swapping in the 45th minute) to keep them fit.

Originally posted by Hammer1000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boingboing:

I would use Dean Ashton as your target man Hammer he was awesome in that position for me.

Ashton's lucky to win a quarter of his headers when i've been forced to play him there, whilst the likes of Iversen, Johnson and Bianchi win close to 90%.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed that too when I had him , he diden't win as many flick ons . But i found when players were crossing in to him his headers won us many games

Andy and Sunny - Its just not going to happen fella's?.

After good away performances against Spurs(0-0), Liverpool(lost 2-0, but could easily have won it) and Chelsea(1-1, should have won), i have just been turned over by lowly Wigan and now sit 14th in the table after 2 wins 2 draws and 2 losses.

This would be my starting 11, but 7 is the most i've been able to field so far.

hd10cz4.jpg

I thought bringing in the two DC's Richards and Yobo would do wonders, but i'm still seeing the 1 shot 1 goal scenarios as usual?.

The team have developed a strong understanding too, so it is'nt that?.

Andy and Sunny - Its just not going to happen fella's?.

After good away performances against Spurs(0-0), Liverpool(lost 2-0, but could easily have won it) and Chelsea(1-1, should have won), i have just been turned over by lowly Wigan and now sit 14th in the table after 2 wins 2 draws and 2 losses.

This would be my starting 11, but 7 is the most i've been able to field so far.

I thought bringing in the two DC's Richards and Yobo would do wonders, but i'm still seeing the 1 shot 1 goal scenarios as usual?.

The team have developed a strong understanding too, so it is'nt that?.

One thing i would mention is that when you play both delgado and tevez, make sure that they switch position. Or make a lefty play on the left.

Another thing is to have a more creative midfielder ready when you are banging on the wall. That would make a change in your play. Helps me from time to time

And put Eddie Johnson up as target instead of iversen, and let him play, play, play.

These are just my thoughts on everything

Now in season 2013, and with the lack of funds at Leeds (still - 300k 2years ago, 350 last year and nowt this year) I am struggling with the target man. Obviously I go for the height, but with pants coaches (not enough moolah to buy decent ones from their clubs), it will take an age to get the players up to a standard. Leeds are suposed to have a world class youth academy, and they do churn out a few good uns, but I am in danger of dropping back to league one..... Any pointers?

Also Hammer1000 you need to lose the paranorma towards the game. I know because i had it to and i blamed everything that went wrong on the game being wrong. I don't think that so much now.

I mean i have won everything with Sunderland and i got some injury crisis in my time. Look at Paggioram and what he has done with Derby, Sunny and what he did with Tromso and is doing with Wrexham. The game hasn't said to them "your finishing 5th whether you like it or not".

One reason that hits me is your nationality. A quick look and between the G/K, L/B and R/b you don't have a British player.

Don't always go for skill, consider other things too.

I dont know whether you people are interested in more updates but i wanted to share with you my 2nd season in the EPL.

Here are the table before the last matchday:

tablebeforelastmatcheb5.th.png]

And heres how it all ended up:

wrexhamnumber3eplpe5.th.png]

All in all a fantastic season where i fighted in the top the whole season through. But still to many draws and unecsessary goals in the 89-92 minute where i either drawed or lost. But i think this is the greatest achievement ive had with this tactic.

And the winners of the UEFA cup are:

wrexhamchampionsofuefacqa9.th.png]

WREXHAM!

If im gonna say some more, it is that i have learned to get the people you want and then let them blend. Go for these 11-16 and let them play. When you are happy try to get more depth and qaulity so you can replace when injuries and bans.

But it takes TIME. Be patienced! Have faith!

Go Reds!!

Finally got my strikers fit again and went on to win 7 of our next 8 games, but have just lost Iversen, Tevez and Johnson again over the last two matches.

hd7lr9.jpg

Fluctuating between 3rd and 6th in the table, dont expect CL qualification this season?.

How's your training regime? Your getting a lot of injuries to the same player. Maybe it is a bit high?

I've given this a shot with a conference team and so far have lost my first 5 games managing only 1 shot on target in any of them - not scoring of course.

I am going to keep it going till the 10th game but I guess this isn't for everyone.

Have you made any changes to it in the 20 pages or is the first page tactic still the one to use?

Dayle Wood: I would strongly recommend that you first try it with a team from a higher division. A team from outside the top 6 in the EPL should within a resonable time and the correct management win the EPL and a host of top competitions.

FM 07 is opposite of real life in that you need to gain experience at the top before taking a job from the lower leagues which imho offer a far tougher job.

You need belief that the tactic does work otherwise you tend to give up. Sunny learnt how the tactic works with Tromso, then used that expeirence with Wrexham. Just look at the screens above as it's nothing short of fantastic. An example of what can be achieved to us all.

I decided to bring in an Ass Man to take over team talks. I've been doing them myself up to this point, but find no other reason for the loss of form, so this will be last chance saloon?.

He has the following important stats...

Man Management 16

Level of Discipline 15

Motivating 18

If this does'nt work, i'll finally give up?.

(whens the 08 demo out?).

CRITICAL UPDATE

As i've now tried this tactic with several teams and read other peoples comments one thing i have noticed is how much TEAMTALK can effect results.

The outcome at the higher levels are not so noticable because your Ass Man is possibly better suited but as you go down the Leagues i have found that the Ass Men don't have the suited qualites which causes inconsistant results. Often it was still better to let them do it because doing it yourself was like trying to cross a minefield.

However with thanks to Al Bundy and the link he provided, it's no longer a minefield at all. Click on the link above and you really just need to take in that first paragraph. I'm a bit thick because i had to read it about 4 times before i took it in icon_rolleyes.gif

Depending on what you choose pre match the other talks are linked.

For example: If you tell them to relax and enjoy the game don't blast them at half time if they are losing as your contradicting yourself.

I was a few games into the season with Rochdale and we were bottom half, nothing special but we aren't nowhere near gelling yet, but i took over the teamtalks using that theory and four unbeaton games later i'm in the top 6.

We played the top team away and i told them "pressure off, enjoy it" and we were 3-0 up within 20 minutes!

The Ass Man is not qualified to make these decisions at the lower levels so if you take a job in any of these leagues then try to read and memorise that paragraph and it really can make the difference.

I decided to bring in an Ass Man to take over team talks. I've been doing them myself up to this point, but find no other reason for the loss of form, so this will be last chance saloon?.

He has the following important stats...

Man Management 16

Level of Discipline 15

Motivating 18

If this does'nt work, i'll finally give up?.

Hammer mate there are so many people have used the words "last chance" with FM07, including myself. FM is an addiction. Like it or not this game is not last chance saloon, not until the demo. Then once 08 is released we'll start hearing them all over again icon_biggrin.gif

Here you go Andy, thought i'd do a quick test with Chelsea. They are already a World Class side, but what i did was bring in Klose, Palacio and Iversen(back up) to play a couple of games with your tactic.

As usual we got an early injury(Klose 4 weeks), but had Drogba who i was going to rotate with Klose anyway.(bought Iversen as back up).

Here is the stats from the Community Shield against Liverpool. Drogba managed 50 minutes before getting injured, then Liverpool went on to win the game 5-6 on penalties!.

andyaschelseafp5.jpg

FM07 is a complete and utter joke of a footy sim, i shall d/load the Demo for 08, but i am not expecting much i must say?.

dayle : i played with this tactic with blyth spartans and here is the result.i had an striker dowding with 13 jumping and 11 heading and he owned up the leauge. result and squad :

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/1393092/picture-hosting/table.jpg

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/1393091/picture-hosting/squadstats.php

sorry for the bad table shot but u still see i won conf north easy.i made some crazy results like 7-1 and 5-2.

i used som mods to the tactics like running with balls and forward runs. players at that lvl are competent to be assinged stuff like that.also had it very defensive with low def line.

i quit that game couse no one wanted to resign contracts and very few players wanted to sign with me in conf national.took to much time sit and just sign a keeper that wanted to go to me and so on.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2. http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717...742015482#1742015482

CRITICAL UPDATE

As i've now tried this tactic with several teams and read other peoples comments one thing i have noticed is how much TEAMTALK can effect results.

The outcome at the higher levels are not so noticable because your Ass Man is possibly better suited but as you go down the Leagues i have found that the Ass Men don't have the suited qualites which causes inconsistant results. Often it was still better to let them do it because doing it yourself was like trying to cross a minefield.

However with thanks to Al Bundy and the link he provided, it's no longer a minefield at all. Click on the link above and you really just need to take in that first paragraph. I'm a bit thick because i had to read it about 4 times before i took it in icon_rolleyes.gif

Depending on what you choose pre match the other talks are linked.

For example: If you tell them to relax and enjoy the game don't blast them at half time if they are losing as your contradicting yourself.

I was a few games into the season with Rochdale and we were bottom half, nothing special but we aren't nowhere near gelling yet, but i took over the teamtalks using that theory and four unbeaton games later i'm in the top 6.

We played the top team away and i told them "pressure off, enjoy it" and we were 3-0 up within 20 minutes!

The Ass Man is not qualified to make these decisions at the lower levels so if you take a job in any of these leagues then try to read and memorise that paragraph and it really can make the difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't enter it andysafc.says m is a mandatory field..what now?

andysafc

Do you think it is possible to put this tactic in fm08 or are you gonna do us the favour and make a new one and put it for download?

If you want i can fix it on sunday, if the download works fine.

Try giving the tactic a spin on the demo and put it on here if it's ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">andysafc

Do you think it is possible to put this tactic in fm08 or are you gonna do us the favour and make a new one and put it for download?

If you want i can fix it on sunday, if the download works fine.

Try giving the tactic a spin on the demo and put it on here if it's ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will see what i can do on sunday. It all depends on how well the download goes, and how the wife and kids behave......

andyaschelsea2zn4.jpg

Three injuries so far this season, all strikers and more importantly the Target Men, the most important player for the tactic.

I'm using the games own training schedule minus two notches.

Do i need to say more?.

think this thread is about andys superb tactic. not about your poor training schemes and whining about injuries. u are chelsea , go buy a new target player ..................

Originally posted by kennec:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hammer1000:

andyaschelsea2zn4.jpg

Three injuries so far this season, all strikers and more importantly the Target Men, the most important player for the tactic.

Do i need to say more?.

think this thread is about andys superb tactic. not about your poor training schemes and whining about injuries. u are chelsea , go buy a new target player .................. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point of what i have posted is that it does'nt make a difference who you are or what players you have, or even how good your training or team talks are, at the end of the day there is little to no correlation between what goes on on the pitch and what the final score of a match is?, its just a split second decision made by the AI, which makes this game a total piece of crap!.

Andys tactic is superb and if it was'nt for what i have stated aboove it would be a SuperTactic.

I'm not saying i WANT to find a SuperTactic, just that SI's way of ridding them from the game has turned it into a complete and utter shambles!.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kennec:

i think its a perfect game. very fun.

I'd probably think the same as you, if i was 9 or 10 years old again, sadly i have hit my mid 30's and i need a little more to impress me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a sad statement, hammer. im 30 myself and im enjoying this game.

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hammer1000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kennec:

i think its a perfect game. very fun.

I'd probably think the same as you, if i was 9 or 10 years old again, sadly i have hit my mid 30's and i need a little more to impress me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a sad statement, hammer. im 30 myself and im enjoying this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It IS sad mate i'm truly gutted. icon_frown.gif

FM07 to me is like having a Ferrari Testarosa, only when i lift up the bonnet, the engine has come from a Robin Reliant.

andyaschelsea2zn4.jpg

Do i need to say more?.

ufff...that's some bad luck. you can play any defender you got there as tgman.

anyway...it seems that targetman gets injured alot with this tactic... i was ****ed(spell?) at first but then... targetman IS the guy who jumps for 90 minutes and wins about 30 headers. Also...if he gets rating 10-9-10-9-9 you should expect some hard tackling on him from opposition or to say more openly...they'll try to funk him up.

Just got new job as Stutgart manager, was excited and went on 5 wins on a row, then targetman out 2-3 months. Have some shitty defenders who can't replace him and now I lost 3 in a row. This is how targetman important is with this tactic.

My english suck sometimes,yes I know. icon_biggrin.gif

ufff...that's some bad luck. you can play any defender you got there as tgman.

anyway...it seems that targetman gets injured alot with this tactic... i was ****ed(spell?) at first but then... targetman IS the guy who jumps for 90 minutes and wins about 30 headers. Also...if he gets rating 10-9-10-9-9 you should expect some hard tackling on him from opposition or to say more openly...they'll try to funk him up.

Just got new job as Stutgart manager, was excited and went on 5 wins on a row, then targetman out 2-3 months. Have some shitty defenders who can't replace him and now I lost 3 in a row. This is how targetman important is with this tactic.

My english suck sometimes,yes I know.

I don't think that injuries are a huge problem within this game, yes i've had my share of injury crises but it does happen IRL too. Look at Newcastle and Owen, Man Utd and Rooney were both important players in their own rights. But what myself, Sunny, Paggioram and CelticWiseman and others have proved is that this game has no advantage over the user. With the right tactic, training and decisions you can overcome the odds. If you hit an injury crises you face up it and ride it out just like a real manager does. I've said it plenty of times already, this game is nowhere near as bad as people say it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ufff...that's some bad luck. you can play any defender you got there as tgman.

I don't think that injuries are a huge problem within this game, yes i've had my share of injury crises but it does happen IRL too. Look at Newcastle and Owen, Man Utd and Rooney were both important players in their own rights. But what myself, Sunny, Paggioram and CelticWiseman and others have proved is that this game has no advantage over the user. With the right tactic, training and decisions you can overcome the odds. If you hit an injury crises you face up it and ride it out just like a real manager does. I've said it plenty of times already, this game is nowhere near as bad as people say it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy, like you just said, Rooney at Man Utd and Owen at Newcastle, hardly the same as having your best 5 strikers out at once is it?.

I've shown this happening with other teams, not just the Hammers and Chelsea and using different training schedules too, including a set from some guy who swore he hardly ever saw an injury?.

Not the tactic either, tried hundreds with the same results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ufff...that's some bad luck. you can play any defender you got there as tgman.

I don't think that injuries are a huge problem within this game, yes i've had my share of injury crises but it does happen IRL too. Look at Newcastle and Owen, Man Utd and Rooney were both important players in their own rights. But what myself, Sunny, Paggioram and CelticWiseman and others have proved is that this game has no advantage over the user. With the right tactic, training and decisions you can overcome the odds. If you hit an injury crises you face up it and ride it out just like a real manager does. I've said it plenty of times already, this game is nowhere near as bad as people say it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy, like you just said, Rooney at Man Utd and Owen at Newcastle, hardly the same as having your best 5 strikers out at once is it?.

I've shown this happening with other teams, not just the Hammers and Chelsea and using different training schedules too, including a set from some guy who swore he hardly ever saw an injury?.

Not the tactic either, tried hundreds with the same results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet it just happens to you. Ive not seen anyone on this forum who complains as much as you do.

I have my share of injuries, but i dont go around and bitch about it in every thread there is. Face up to it and move on!!

finished my 3rd season and not a good one.after finishing 2nd and 3rd for the first 2 seasons this season seen me drop to 7th. icon_confused.gif

season summary

premiership-7th

chamions league-q/f

fa cup-runnes up

league cup-3rd round

dont know whats going wrong my assistant manager says the team have a very strong understanding defence was`nt too bad conceeding 35 goals and i scored over 60 .only signed 3 players this season as not to upset the balance

i feel i have a stronger sqaud than the previous seasons and the player averages were all over 7.sunny the things youve achieved are superb any hints yuo can give me.

I've loaded up the demo although not tried it yet, the tactic loaded fine from the FM 07 folder as did Matt's Training.

I notice that when you get your seasons expectations from the board you can compromise.

For example with Rochdale i was expected to finish clear of relegation. However i could request a top half or even promotion finish and the board would give me more money to spend accordingly, but if you fail to deliver...

First reports on FM 08 are mixed. I think the screens like rather bland, hopefully thats just the demo. Some nice touches but not very different from 07.

One thing that really confused me was this screen...

fm2008iw0.png] [/url]

Matt Carbon is a CD i signed for Bury, bear in mind that Bury are in Division 2. The report also says that he would be a good signing for any first Division club and that he is one of our best players.

However it also says that he cannot pass a ball at all and is inconsistent.

So now i'm unsure if he is suitable at all. Best player at the club, can play in a division higher but is inconsistant which to me is a liability. I would guess if someone is rated slightly higher than the division they are in and are the best player at the club, then inconsistancy shouldn't be a problem.

The feedback is there to help but sometimes causes more frustration!

My assessment so far...

Firstly installation issues. When your playing the demo on Vista and you press one of the Windows buttons the game can be unplayable. It seems you have to play the game and then save it and reload it each time you want to check email or the net. You soon get sick of that!

Is it a Vista problem or was it not written with Vista in mind?

I played 4 pre season games in Germany using this tactic in it's original format. I won the first one 4-0 but my TM was then injured for the remaining pre season (Are you looking Hammer). Lost the next 3 games but played without a suitable TM. One thing that concerns me is that with 07 i liked how my defence and midfield closed down and tackled. But from what i've seen so far my players just ran alongside far to often, hardly ever getting a tackle in.

Need to really test it though against competetive opposition.

My assessment so far...

Firstly installation issues. When your playing the demo on Vista and you press one of the Windows buttons the game can be unplayable. It seems you have to play the game and then save it and reload it each time you want to check email or the net. You soon get sick of that!

Is it a Vista problem or was it not written with Vista in mind?

I played 4 pre season games in Germany using this tactic in it's original format. I won the first one 4-0 but my TM was then injured for the remaining pre season (Are you looking Hammer). Lost the next 3 games but played without a suitable TM. One thing that concerns me is that with 07 i liked how my defence and midfield closed down and tackled. But from what i've seen so far my players just ran alongside far to often, hardly ever getting a tackle in.

Need to really test it though against competetive opposition.

Andy - Sorry if you thought i was having a moan about the tactic?, i really was'nt, just a shame it does'nt look so hot in the 08 Demo. icon_frown.gif

It looks like a lot of changes have been made to the whole tactic set up, lets just hope its for the better?.

Archived