A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Originally posted by andysafc:

One thing that concerns me is that with 07 i liked how my defence and midfield closed down and tackled. But from what i've seen so far my players just ran alongside far to often, hardly ever getting a tackle in.

I've read a few people saying they have noticed the same thing in the demo.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some serious concerns with the 08 match engine. Firsty 'Closing Down' doesn't work at all, in fact it's embarressing how much space you stand off the opponents. I even incresed closing down and then moved tackling upto hard but still my players would not tackle but left acres of space between them and the opponents.

Straight from kick off, my opponents ran in and took the ball from my players feet. That may sound like a nice touch but not when it happened 3 times in the same game.

Have you notice how you give away fouls when opponents arn't even near you?

How many people complained that the pre-match media and teamtalks were tedious as they were the same all the time. So what do they do? Use the same ones again word for word!

I need to test it longer but with what i've seen so far i won't be buying the full game. Some nice touches but overall - what a massive disapointment.

I have to 100% agree . I've started a game as West Ham using my tactics which are based on yours . Currently i've played 4 won 2 drew 2.

As you say the comments are all the same and to me the lay out is horrible . The screens that lead upto match day are already irritating me.

I will also carry on for a bit , but too me the changes so far don't warrent a full priced release. And most the things they have added on the media side seem pointless.

Just a quick update.

Tactic is by far and away the best i've ever used on FM07... I can't believe that i actually enjoy playing the game now! Thanks Andy.

Anyway, I've now got a system working whereby I start the game with the tactic as is but if the opponent breaks out one of the uber-defensive tactics and is just sitting back all I do is lower the d-line to normal, lower the tempo to one click above slow, increase width by one and decrease direct passing by one. Voila, it may take a while with a few ricochets and stuff but eventually I get the three points.

Against normal formations and attacking ones the original tactic works fine.

I got Baptista from Valencia on a free as they were in administration (hilarious watching their superb team get dismantled in one summer). So far he has eight goals in seven games, and is making my replacement plan for the aging Luca Toni go superbly.

I've also been offered and accepted the Spanish job, using the tactic I have a 4-0 win over Georgia at home and a 2-0 away to Greece to my name. Fernando Llorente has three in two games as the target-man.

This tactic is awesome!!!

Sorry Lads, but this tactic does not, i repeat does NOT work with FM08.

I couldn't understand why my players would not close down as nothing in game gives you any hints as to why (nothing new there) until i saw Rashidi's thread stating that closing down had been changed. Now your players will not close down until the ball enters the 'Danger Area'. So where is the Danger Area? Your own half? NO. It's your own penalty box!

So here's the scenario... Your the Football Manager (or so the name of the game lets you believe), you say to your players... I want you closing down the opposition as much as possible. Then the match engine says but i'm not allowing you to do that until you reach your own box.

How can you put it on maximum and it still isn't used?

Why leave the Close Down instruction in there at all?

Which other instructions are not effective?

This game WILL cause frustrations.

But for me the biggest let down is it's graphics. I HONESTLY thought i had downloaded the rival CHAMPIOSHIP MANAGER game in error when i first loaded it up. It's a 10 year step back in time. When you start FM 07 after using the demo it feels as though you've gone forward!

I'm shocked that SI have dropped to this standard and i feel cheated just playing the demo! The thought of paying £25 to £30 is staggering. Definately not worth it.

I've downloaded a upto date data update and have returned to 07!

SHAME ON YOU SI icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

You need to look at your defensive line/players mentality to make the tactic work again. its not difficult

Maybe so, but that outdated 'look' doesn't inspire me to return. What happened to the 'glossy' look of 07?

It's like painting wood with emulsion instead of gloss. I guess it's just a skin though, atleast we can change that later.

Sorry Lads, but this tactic does not, i repeat does NOT work with FM08.

I couldn't understand why my players would not close down as nothing in game gives you any hints as to why (nothing new there) until i saw Rashidi's thread stating that closing down had been changed. Now your players will not close down until the ball enters the 'Danger Area'. So where is the Danger Area? Your own half? NO. It's your own penalty box!

So here's the scenario... Your the Football Manager (or so the name of the game lets you believe), you say to your players... I want you closing down the opposition as much as possible. Then the match engine says but i'm not allowing you to do that until you reach your own box.

How can you put it on maximum and it still isn't used?

Why leave the Close Down instruction in there at all?

Which other instructions are not effective?

This game WILL cause frustrations.

But for me the biggest let down is it's graphics. I HONESTLY thought i had downloaded the rival CHAMPIOSHIP MANAGER game in error when i first loaded it up. It's a 10 year step back in time. When you start FM 07 after using the demo it feels as though you've gone forward!

I'm shocked that SI have dropped to this standard and i feel cheated just playing the demo! The thought of paying £25 to £30 is staggering. Definately not worth it.

I've downloaded a upto date data update and have returned to 07!

SHAME ON YOU SI icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

dont give up yet, im gonna help you.

ive been a little sick, but i will try to get to play in the near future and help you with things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You need to look at your defensive line/players mentality to make the tactic work again. its not difficult

Maybe so, but that outdated 'look' doesn't inspire me to return. What happened to the 'glossy' look of 07?

It's like painting wood with emulsion instead of gloss. I guess it's just a skin though, atleast we can change that later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The closing down on the demo is a disaster, ive only played a few games, but the players are waiting until the penalty box before closing down starts.

And the midfield who are the base of the tactic are just running around. Ive made som changes so i will see, but in all very disappointing!!

icon_confused.gificon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Andy

I am here to help.

It seems to me to come down to two things as I have got it working with both Derby and Mansfield. The two factors I have found are firstly pitch size. Set it to maximum it works and gives you alot of joy except away where it is a real trial.

Also D-Line I have found for the Premier League set D-Line to one below the middle and go down one rung each league.

Other things I have found the two side strikers HAVE got to be able to cross. Also tick counter attack.

At home I have a record Mourinho would be happy with winning by 2 or 3 nil away is more of a war if they have a smaller pitch.

I agree with you Andy and Sunny that 08 is missing something and is not as good looking or as fluid but I really feel this formation will work.

Your tactic depended alot on the middle striker winning headers aswell and from what I've seen so far from the demo the strikers no longer dominate in the air.

I had Crouch setup as the typical target man with balls played to head. Played against the reserves and a DC with jumping 12 was winning alot more the the beanpole.

It seems SI have cut down on the dominating target men up front.

I have since tryed the Run Onto Ball method and am having some success.

Your tactic depended alot on the middle striker winning headers aswell and from what I've seen so far from the demo the strikers no longer dominate in the air.

I had Crouch setup as the typical target man with balls played to head. Played against the reserves and a DC with jumping 12 was winning alot more the the beanpole.

It seems SI have cut down on the dominating target men up front.

I have since tryed the Run Onto Ball method and am having some success.

I believe your right, the TM has lost it's edge.

I've been working on something which in real life is not realistic at all but it is working so far. Only played 5 games with Sunderland (EPL). Won 4 Drew 1 Lost 0. It's a crazy idea but worryingly, it seemes to work. Will report back after further testing.

I am now in my third season with Coventry City and have just 5 games to go. I am clear in 4th place having finished 4th last year. Your tactic has definitely made this game playable again as I have posted and told you before. However the away record problem is becoming worse. This tactic is stunning at home bringing wins against all of the top team including Juventus Chelsea, Man Utd etc, But my results away from home against the same teams are worrying to say the least.

Current team is.

GK Hugo Lorris

LB Matthew Talyor

RB Marco Motta

CB Patrick Kisnorbo

CB Carvalho

CB Clint Hill

CM Niko Kranjcar

CM Theo Walcott

ST Eddie Johnson

ST Topi Abadeyi

ST Grurerro

I always play original 5-2-3 and have experimented with different ideas but as yet to no avail.

HELP

Originally posted by The Might Ricoher:

I am now in my third season with Coventry City and have just 5 games to go. I am clear in 4th place having finished 4th last year. Your tactic has definitely made this game playable again as I have posted and told you before. However the away record problem is becoming worse. This tactic is stunning at home bringing wins against all of the top team including Juventus Chelsea, Man Utd etc, But my results away from home against the same teams are worrying to say the least.

Current team is.

GK Hugo Lorris

LB Matthew Talyor

RB Marco Motta

CB Patrick Kisnorbo

CB Carvalho

CB Clint Hill

CM Niko Kranjcar

CM Theo Walcott

ST Eddie Johnson

ST Topi Abadeyi

ST Grurerro

I always play original 5-2-3 and have experimented with different ideas but as yet to no avail.

HELP

Does Walcott perform well in the MF? I have him at Aston Villa, but always play him as a forward. Do you play him on the left midfield or on the right?

It looks like you are using two attacking Midfielders. The tactic calls for one more attcking MC on the left, and one more defensive MC on the right. Getting this balance in the midfield is important in the success of the tactic.

There is much discussion about the importance of the TM in this tactic, but I feel that each role is critical. I overlooked the impoartance of the role of the midfielders for the first season and a half. I just ran out whoever I had, in a rotation to keep them happy and healthy. As soon as I got the midfield right, my team began to perform both home and away with equal profiency. I still have the occasional game where I give away pts on the road with a 1-1 draw, but that is way better than it was before.

no havent given up on the demo just really enjoying my fm07 game at the moment.still messing around with the demo trying different things.

Couldn't agree more, i've dabbled with the demo but i'm enjoying 07 more now than before so i pushing that more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no havent given up on the demo just really enjoying my fm07 game at the moment.still messing around with the demo trying different things.

Couldn't agree more, i've dabbled with the demo but i'm enjoying 07 more now than before so i pushing that more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I to wanna play more fm07, because i enjoy playing it at the moment.

But i will follow the discussions on the forums for 08.

With Fm 07 i am with Rochdale and we are on a 12 game unbeaton run and sitting top 3. This is the best i've evr done with a team from the lower leagues and i would like to see how far i can go with them, but matching what Sunny did with Wrexham is out of the question. icon_wink.gif

Well I have just started on this Tactic as Yeading in Conference South. My only trouble right now is finding some good players to replace their line up, ones with the high necessary stats don't come along too often lol

But a reasonable start to the season, now I have 4 injuries and 3 Red Cards, so using my reserves is more of a struggle, trying to gain more players will keep you updated, it seemed to work early I was doing great with Davis Haule - TM, Jefferson Louis, and Goulding as FW.

Nice Tactic

Quick update. I am 13 games into the season and 5-1-7 sitting in 13th, so not doing as well, but I had a poor start and coming back now. Have won both FA Cup matches so far, and I have found a star TM for My league in Davis Haule, in his 15 appearances so far he has 16 goals. 11 of those in the League leading to him being 2 clear in the top goalscorers table. So now it is just a matter of improving my midfield. Thanks for the Tactic and I will try to give regular updates.

Quick update. I am 13 games into the season and 5-1-7 sitting in 13th, so not doing as well, but I had a poor start and coming back now. Have won both FA Cup matches so far, and I have found a star TM for My league in Davis Haule, in his 15 appearances so far he has 16 goals. 11 of those in the League leading to him being 2 clear in the top goalscorers table. So now it is just a matter of improving my midfield. Thanks for the Tactic and I will try to give regular updates.

Managing at this level is definatly the hardest, it is possible though.

Yeah I have noticed the difficulty, especially when you have no transfer budget and no one comes to your games so you end up losing money and the board stops all your efforts to gain money. I am going to keep going I am well clear of my target of avoiding relegation.

So working hard, out of FA cup now, but getting along slowly. Haule is still a star, and I am working on training my midfield rather than spending more money on new players. I am going to try and get my finances back in the black and aim for a middle of the table placing end of season. Then hopefully I get a transfer budget, or I can gain some more players early next season or in the off-season. Thanks Andy.

Any more tips are welcome icon_biggrin.gif

Andy I have definetly found the way to go, with the lower league teams.

I'm gobsmacked how the team talk has changed things around, against Leyton Orient the odds were well against me, and I actually beat 'em 5-1, in the team talk I just told 'em "to go out and enjoy themselves" it was 3-1 at half time, so I told 'em "I was pleased".

I've won 3 away games on the trot were the odds well in the oppositions favour, giving more or less the same talk, just hope it continues.

Jeez I love this game... after three seasons of incredible success with this tactic the wheels are inevitably starting to come off... most disappointing thing is the tactic still works, I'm not losing or even in danger of losing games, but every single opponent I'm playing is just putting a wall of nine players in front of the goal and snaring 0-0 draw after 0-0 draw.

Basically my settings seem to have no effect as the opposition isn't actually trying to play against me, they're just getting the ball, hoofing it to a lone forward and then scurrying back inside the penalty area as soon as I get it.

I haven't conceded a goal for weeks, haven't even come close to it, but it's taking a mammoth effort every game just to score.

I can feel my new-found love for FM07 slowly starting to fade away again... anyone got any tips? At the moment I either reduce the dl to a deeper setting, slow down the tempo and bit and widen my width or I do that and if I'm getting really frustrated I remove the central defender in the middle and put an AMC in between the MC and forwards... wouldn't mind but no-one, and I mean no-one, is even attempting to play me, they're all just playing with one up front and the other ten pretty much stay within 20 yards of the goal.

Hey people, theres no need in even trying playing the demo.

The SI have told us that there are a lot of faults in the match engine.

Is there any point of buying the full game......????

Reading these forums makes it clear there are quite a few bugs. Always has been for a game of this size, although this time maybe more than usual.

Reading in an official reply from SI concerning closing down, the person said it wasn't noticed until after the demo was out. Yet within hours of the demo everyone noticed it?

I suppose it's easy for us to be critical.

But if your thinking, ah well it's just the demo. It's actually the full game and it needs a patch to change it. So i don't think, imo, that it is worth buying the game until atleast a patch is released.

Long live 07 icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey people, theres no need in even trying playing the demo.

Reading these forums makes it clear there are quite a few bugs. Always has been for a game of this size, although this time maybe more than usual.

Reading in an official reply from SI concerning closing down, the person said it wasn't noticed until after the demo was out. Yet within hours of the demo everyone noticed it?

But if your thinking, ah well it's just the demo. It's actually the full game and it needs a patch to change it. So i don't think, imo, that it is worth buying the game until atleast a patch is released.

Long live 07 icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be misquoting PaulC here.. he said"

We had 2 problems with closing down in the run yp to the demo..." that means they were aware of it before the demo, they tweaked it and overdid it that's all. I would defintely read things first before shooting off.

Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey people, theres no need in even trying playing the demo.

Long live 07 icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had 2 problems with closing down in the run yp to the demo..." that means they were aware of it before the demo, they tweaked it and overdid it that's all. I would defintely read things first before shooting off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats all well, rashidi.

But Closing Down is a major important thing in football. When a player follows another player rom the opponents penaltybox all the way til their OWN penalytbox before closing down, we have a big, big problem.

And if we need a patch before fixing it, then theres no need in buying the game before a patch is out.

If you are correct in your assumption Sunny then I will not be buying it until the patch comes out.Its normally under the Xmas tree, best tell Santa not give it me this year.

To be honest I'm fed up of having to download patches, to fix issues that should of not been overlooked. If I bought a TV or anything else that didn't do what its supposed to do, it would go straight back to the shop.

Reading through the fm 08 bug pages there seems to loads of issues.

What happens if you buy the game and have not got the internet to get the patch.

Thats just not fm games it goes for a lot of computer games.

Now 07 is going great guns for me I'm happy with that, not too happy that team talk has such a huge influence on the lower League teams but as yet I'm guessing right 4 out of 5 times.

Originally posted by blade111:

If you are correct in your assumption Sunny then I will not be buying it until the patch comes out.Its normally under the Xmas tree, best tell Santa not give it me this year.

To be honest I'm fed up of having to download patches, to fix issues that should of not been overlooked. If I bought a TV or anything else that didn't do what its supposed to do, it would go straight back to the shop.

Reading through the fm 08 bug pages there seems to loads of issues.

What happens if you buy the game and have not got the internet to get the patch.

Thats just not fm games it goes for a lot of computer games.

Now 07 is going great guns for me I'm happy with that, not too happy that team talk has such a huge influence on the lower League teams but as yet I'm guessing right 4 out of 5 times.

At least this has happened to med.

I mean, Closing Down is the most important thing in football. Where you set your pressure on the pitch is crucial for the rest of the team.

I have tried 20-1 on closing down, compared to all different kind of mentality and width. Ive tried to use the Demo to see what kind of tactic i would use when the game came out.

But if this is not fixed until the patch comes out, then why bother buy the game when it is released?

Im mastering 07 to much to give it up know and when 08 are having so much problem.....why buy it???

Just thought i'd let you lads see this, it's a response from SI as to Dean Ashtons poor stats!.

[During the late phases of testing, it was discovered that Ashton was scoring far too many goals, and that was largely down to the pace/acceleration ratings that he had been given (14/14) combined with his other high physical attributes (jumping/strength) and good technical skills. Thus his pace/acceleration stats were reduced. It looks like this has been overdone, though - sorry.] (Quote from SI).

What a fecking joke that is, giving the player unrealistic stats because he is too good with his correct stats, says a lot about the match engine does'nt it?.

And to add to another post, YES the transfer budget at West Ham is a complete joke, i get £5M to keep the team up or £9M for having a go at the title???.

Oh and the 3 year plan that the game talks of, is actually a 5 year plan with only half a season gone! and no Chairmen in the World would expect that without massive investement.

We had 2 problems with closing down in the run yp to the demo..." that means they were aware of it before the demo, they tweaked it and overdid it that's all. I would defintely read things first before shooting off.

They were aware of it before the demo and yet rather than put the full game release back until it was fixed they went ahead. So if someone choses not to come on these forums then they'll be paying full price for a game that isn't finished. Sorry Rashidi if i am sounding off but i feel i need to do that about this game. I play with a high D-Line as anyone that has used this tactic knows but still there is NO closing down until it's to late.

In years, even decades, gone by once i've downloaded the demo there was no going back until the full game release even they the demo was short. I'd keep trying different teams or tactics but since spending all day Sunday on the demo i've no desire to return. And i'm not planning on buying the full game, maybe later.

It's not because i can't win, on Sunday i put every player, except the G/K, on run with the ball, i never signed a single player and was always in the top 6 of the EPL with Sunderland. But it was comical watchingyour CD's running upfield completly unchalleged - that is a joke.

The only problem i had was scoring goals. I had 30+ chances but only one or two goals. If i had tweaked then maybe i could have done better but i give it up because IMO the game is just not good enough.

Luckily like Sunny and others i'm still quite happy to stay with 07.

I do wish to add that anything i say about 08 is imo (In My Opinion). It is wrong to try and influence others as that should draw their own conclusions. Although i have been critical towards the demo i have seen in other threads that there are people who are happy with it.

I'm getting the idea that the game is becoming to great a challenge for many people but again that is only imo icon_wink.gif

Wow, just had the craziest half that I've ever had in FM... 0-0 against Deportivo at home at halftime and all hell breaks loose. My midfielder scores a screamer from 30 yards out for about his second goal in a zillion years, then Basturk lands a right hook on one of my players and is sent off... then two goals by my guys are ruled out for offside.

Finally in the 93rd minute a harmless cross is headed away by my defender but low and behold the ref's at it again and he's spotted a push, penalty for Depor!

Before the pen can be taken though, another Depor player shoves one of my guys in the chest and is also sent off.

To cap it all off, my keeper saved the penalty and I won 1-0, then went off to have a lie-down!

Wow, just had the craziest half that I've ever had in FM... 0-0 against Deportivo at home at halftime and all hell breaks loose. My midfielder scores a screamer from 30 yards out for about his second goal in a zillion years, then Basturk lands a right hook on one of my players and is sent off... then two goals by my guys are ruled out for offside.

Finally in the 93rd minute a harmless cross is headed away by my defender but low and behold the ref's at it again and he's spotted a push, penalty for Depor!

Before the pen can be taken though, another Depor player shoves one of my guys in the chest and is also sent off.

To cap it all off, my keeper saved the penalty and I won 1-0, then went off to have a lie-down!

WOW! After reading that i needed a lie down!

I do wish to add that anything i say about 08 is imo (In My Opinion). It is wrong to try and influence others as that should draw their own conclusions. Although i have been critical towards the demo i have seen in other threads that there are people who are happy with it.

I'm getting the idea that the game is becoming to great a challenge for many people but again that is only imo icon_wink.gif

its not just you, i think its everyone. They are all commenting and the CD. I have to make a big laugh when i see players who are just fumbling around on the pitch.

How is it possible to make a good template when you have these problems?

Looks to me like SI have fumbled big time on this game. Shame on you, SI!!

The only point in downloading the demo at the moment, is to get used to the new features etc, completelely pointless trying to develop a tactic, as even if you do find a way to beat the bugs, it will only need to be changed again after the first patch is out.

Andy may well find that his tactic is fine again, once the engine is patched up.

V. Poor for the boxed game to be in this state though.

Originally posted by swash:

The only point in downloading the demo at the moment, is to get used to the new features etc, completelely pointless trying to develop a tactic, as even if you do find a way to beat the bugs, it will only need to be changed again after the first patch is out.

Andy may well find that his tactic is fine again, once the engine is patched up.

V. Poor for the boxed game to be in this state though.

How the hell are you supposed to defend if players wont close down?.

The opposition just swarm into the area and have shot after shot!.

Morning Swash. icon14.gif

My assessment so far...

Firstly installation issues. When your playing the demo on Vista and you press one of the Windows buttons the game can be unplayable. It seems you have to play the game and then save it and reload it each time you want to check email or the net. You soon get sick of that!

Is it a Vista problem or was it not written with Vista in mind?

I played 4 pre season games in Germany using this tactic in it's original format. I won the first one 4-0 but my TM was then injured for the remaining pre season (Are you looking Hammer). Lost the next 3 games but played without a suitable TM. One thing that concerns me is that with 07 i liked how my defence and midfield closed down and tackled. But from what i've seen so far my players just ran alongside far to often, hardly ever getting a tackle in.

Need to really test it though against competetive opposition.

I Guess that we are not capable to work on this tactic until the first patch comes out, so maybe new years...??

I'm not convinced that i'll buy the game even when it's patched.

I lose confidence in SI with the thought of releasing this game at full price.

The presentation is poor to say the least also.

It's not just the closing down as atleast the players DOES run alongside him but what i find laughable is that even on hard tackling he still won't put a tackle in.

I'm not convinced that i'll buy the game even when it's patched.

I lose confidence in SI with the thought of releasing this game at full price.

The presentation is poor to say the least also.

It's not just the closing down as atleast the players DOES run alongside him but what i find laughable is that even on hard tackling he still won't put a tackle in.

It is very strange that SI has even put this for download and not even double checked that everything is working.

But im playing with confidence with 07 and i think that i will see how the comments are when the game is released

Finished my first season with Carlisle using this tactic, and just going into my second.

Lost the play off final in my first season, in the summer made quite a few sigings as my squad was mainly loan players who'd all returned to their clubs. I signed the likes of richie wellens, jamie winter and michael johnson for my midfield, with hasslebaink and alex burke as new sigings up front.

this season i have quite a strong squad apart from in defence, a strike force of jon parkin, hasslebaink, matt jansen and derek holmes, with some excelent young strikers in my reserves, im hoping for an automatic promotion spot this time around!

cheers for the tactic andy.

Finished my first season with Carlisle using this tactic, and just going into my second.

Lost the play off final in my first season, in the summer made quite a few sigings as my squad was mainly loan players who'd all returned to their clubs. I signed the likes of richie wellens, jamie winter and michael johnson for my midfield, with hasslebaink and alex burke as new sigings up front.

this season i have quite a strong squad apart from in defence, a strike force of jon parkin, hasslebaink, matt jansen and derek holmes, with some excelent young strikers in my reserves, im hoping for an automatic promotion spot this time around!

cheers for the tactic andy.

I think this is what we have to get back to - FM07. There are other threads where you can discuss 08. At this time this tactic is not for 08 so lets get back to 07 where we left off. Thanks iocounty for your feedback and reminding us what this threads about.

My dreams of winning everything in one season with Villa went up in flames. I won everything except for CL in season three. I lost to Arsenal in the SF's. The first game was at home. All started well- two goals by Mido in the first 12 minutes. Then Arsenal hit back for two by half. Mido got the hat trick in the 63rd minute. Hleb drew Arsenal even in stoppage time. That goal would prove to be the winner.

The return match at Arsenal was even until the 68th minute. Olejnik made a mistake and handed the ball to Henry. Needless to say, I was down 1-0. Mido answered in the 78th minute, but I lost on away goals.

Overall, it was a great season. I only lost one game all year- to Liverpool (1-0) in the second EPL game of the season. I won the EPL with six games to spare. I won the FA Cup over Chelsea, the League cup, World Club Championship, and the Euro Super Cup. My team is hitting on all cyclinders. Not bad for a team whose average starting age is 22.

I think it is time to head off to the lower leagues to see what can be accomplished there.

Archived