A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

So my dark december began with the mighty rams going to Pompy and shock horror we lost 1-0 to a 89th min winner. So I sat and thought about a resignation so I can leave with my head held high when I thought lets sacrifise someone else so I fired my Asst Manager and got a new one and to my suprise away at Fulham I drew 1-1 however we were winning at half time I tell the lads dont get careless and they concede straight from kick off.

This follows up with a home game against Everton and winning at Half Time but then second half two corners both landing on Andy Johnson's head and I lose 2-1.

Next was Spurs at PPS and I manage a 1-1 follow this with a 1-1 at Man City.

So is my luck changing or is this just the Christmas Spirit but in January more pacy defenders will arrive I feel.

However now 8 points adrift of safety and Eddie Johnson out for 3 months.

Again any advise is great.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im playing ipswich and are top of the championship in january, so i must say im impressed with the progress.

i dont dominate the games, but i have the most chances in every game. so im continueing to the premierhsip!!

Once you make it to the EPL you need to strenghten but don't do with to many. Quality not quantity. Some foreirners are ok but not to many.

well. glad to se there is more people on this tread.

i dont know what to do, my team is not preforming to well, and i still got a lot of work to do.

Got my tm on near post flickon and all the set pieces are correct.

the best cornertaker takes the corners etc...

i have bought a defender with 16 in pace. the two other CB got 10-13 on pace..

is that a problem?

recent resoults:

RBK - CAILUNGO (f)

HT 2-1

FT 4-1

SH 14/5 VS 6/2

Goals: Strand 1, Riseth 1, jamtfall 2.

LOK.MOSCOW - RBK

HT 1-0

FT 1-0

SH 13/6 VS 4/3

POSSESION: 58 VS 42 (!!?)

PASSES COMPL 71% VS 58%

TACLES WON 53% VS 82% (GOOD)

HEADERS WON:53% VS 64%

RBK - DOMAGNANO (F)

HT 4-0

FT 8-0

SH 18/9 VS 3/1

Goals: Iversen 2, Braaten 2, Della Valle 1, Riseth 1, Kone 1, Jamtfall 1.

POSSESION: 52% VS 48%

PASSES COMP. 71% VS 53%

TACLES WON: 57% VS 72%

HEADERS WON: 87% VS 20%

RBK - MURATA (F)

HT 5-0

FT 8-0

SH 22/12 VS 2/1

Goals: Iversen 5, Riseth 2, Hagen 1.

RBK - MONTERREY

HT 0-0

FT 0-0

SH 12/5 VS 9/2

POS 47 VS 53

PAS COMP. 58 VS 61

CROSSES 33 VS 40 (IS THAT A PROBLEM??)

TACLES 62 VS 60

HEADERS 68 VS 40

It seems i win most headers, and got a fair rate in tacling, but still i struggle... am i having to little crosses??

what to do with the possesion??

should i move one striker to Midfielder? maybe AMC??

heeeelp icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">im playing ipswich and are top of the championship in january, so i must say im impressed with the progress.

i dont dominate the games, but i have the most chances in every game. so im continueing to the premierhsip!!

here is my result in the fa cup 5 round

5roundfacupun3.th.png]5roundfacupun3.th.png[/url]

Once you make it to the EPL you need to strenghten but don't do with to many. Quality not quantity. Some foreirners are ok but not to many. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

andysafc

Can you help me??

i have been trying every possible thing without ****ing up youre formation, but have now played almost a whole season. beeing forced to change formation to salvage my ass.

I lost against crappy team. most recently Brøndby( nothing against them)

i usually beat Brøndby easy, but now they had mor shots than me, and played far better soccer.

i got outplayed...

My team has lost faith in me, and almost all the players are unhappy...

i don't think the formation works with 7.02 patch.

or does it??

andysafc

Can you help me??

i have been trying every possible thing without ****ing up youre formation, but have now played almost a whole season. beeing forced to change formation to salvage my ass.

I lost against crappy team. most recently Brøndby( nothing against them)

i usually beat Brøndby easy, but now they had mor shots than me, and played far better soccer.

i got outplayed...

My team has lost faith in me, and almost all the players are unhappy...

i don't think the formation works with 7.02 patch.

or does it??

It is impossible for me to help when i have never used this tactic before on the continent.

It can be a completely diiferent style of football used there, and they don't usually use the English style TM.

Andy

Is it possible to use this tactic with EPL teams(middlesbrough,newcastle,everton,portsmouth like middle squad team) ?

And I worry about oppositions will adpated to tactic and couteract.

Although i've not tried it with those teams i think it should work fine. It's the high end teams (Man Utd, Chelsea) that possibly arn't suited to it.

I finished 9th in Prem in first season with Blackburn. Huge injury problems throughout, once at a height of 9 of my top 11 players out. Started the new season, players have a very strong understanding, and its going really well. I think we all need to leave the squad to settle into the formation, as it improves with time...

just finished 2nd season with birmingham i ended up finishing 6th and getting a european place im over the moon with that.btw in january sullivan kept pesting me to sign a big name having just sold curtis davies to juventus for £16m i decide to splash the cash and signed nikola zigic as a target man and kim kallstom to control midfield.zigic has been superb scoring 12 times in 15 games and kallstrom has scored a couple of screamers.so looking forward to my third season .great tactic andy

My Shrewsbury team have just been prooted for the second stright season...heading into battling in the Championship in our 3rd season. The predominant tactic has been a 3-1-4-2 with the 2 MC's in attacking mode. While I am still not using the 5-2-3 formation, I am employing the high D-Line and high closing down tactics, with my wingers playing a mainly defensive role.

Go the Shrews!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Andy

Is it possible to use this tactic with EPL teams(middlesbrough,newcastle,everton,portsmouth like middle squad team) ?

And I worry about oppositions will adpated to tactic and couteract.

Although i've not tried it with those teams i think it should work fine. It's the high end teams (Man Utd, Chelsea) that possibly arn't suited to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If my team squad weaker to stronger, you mean that I can't use this tactic anymore?

If my team squad weaker to stronger, you mean that I can't use this tactic anymore?

No and Yes...

No because even though you finish higher = more money = better players, you never have a team full of the likes of Chelsea.

So yes the tactic will continue to work as you get continue to get better players.

andysafc

When i clicked on the link for your tactic it came up with loads. Which one do i download?

Cheers.

When you click the link (there is one above) scroll DOWN the page then click on SERVER 1/SERVER 2 to get the tactic.

ive managed to get ipswich promoted and get them to the fa final.

got thrashed 3-1 to arsenal

very happy, but i think i need pace to the defence next season.

stick to the tactic when the players know the formation they are on fire on the pitch

finaltableya1.th.png]

resultfafinalyi7.th.png]

im impressed of how the tactic gets the chances into goals, as you can see i scored over 100 goals in the championship, i have never done that.

my goal is to get mid-table next season and to do well in europe, maybe attract good players as im of in the uefa-cup.

wish me luck!!

The boards expectations for the following season was to retain the EPL Title, my own target was to capture the European Cup. I was backed with a 40million warchest. But despite offering a many cases DOUBLE a players value the club still turned me down. The only 'known' player i was able to get was Michael Owen.

This is how the start of the season has gone so far...

fm2007cf8.png] [/url]

This is how the formation is working for me now in the 2nd season...

recordyj2.jpg

I think the idea of this tactic is simple, get a good TM (Johnson = amazing), the left sided midfielder needs to be slightly attacking (I play Steven Reid) and let the first season go by while they get used to it with some success. The 2nd season will then be fantastic, winning 8/10 I would say. Do love this tactic, and is the only one I use now, just a shame Rachidi, Cleon etc haven't commented cos a one-size-fits-all tactic that doesnt need tweaking is a fantastic result in my opinion. Nice one Andy icon14.gif

Posted 27 July 2007 13:49 This is how the formation is working for me now in the 2nd season...

I think the idea of this tactic is simple, get a good TM (Johnson = amazing), the left sided midfielder needs to be slightly attacking (I play Steven Reid) and let the first season go by while they get used to it with some success. The 2nd season will then be fantastic, winning 8/10 I would say. Do love this tactic, and is the only one I use now, just a shame Rachidi, Cleon etc haven't commented cos a one-size-fits-all tactic that doesnt need tweaking is a fantastic result in my opinion. Nice one Andy

Celticwiseman: I couldn't ha ve summed it up any better. I almost give up on it in my first season but boy has it paid off. I mean UEFA Cup and the EPL with Sunderland. I honestly thought that wasn't possible, but i've done it. I think all the positions are important, maybe the right TM nore than others but the other two strikers, midfield and defence all play important roles.

Rashidi, Cleon etc? Where are they?

Maybe they think winning the EPL with Sunderland with a tactic that never gets tweaking means i have cheated somewhere. No cheating here which is thanks to Celticwiseman and others who have proved that my tactic, or theory, can work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted 27 July 2007 13:49 This is how the formation is working for me now in the 2nd season...

I think the idea of this tactic is simple, get a good TM (Johnson = amazing), the left sided midfielder needs to be slightly attacking (I play Steven Reid) and let the first season go by while they get used to it with some success. The 2nd season will then be fantastic, winning 8/10 I would say. Do love this tactic, and is the only one I use now, just a shame Rachidi, Cleon etc haven't commented cos a one-size-fits-all tactic that doesnt need tweaking is a fantastic result in my opinion. Nice one Andy

Celticwiseman: I couldn't ha ve summed it up any better. I almost give up on it in my first season but boy has it paid off. I mean UEFA Cup and the EPL with Sunderland. I honestly thought that wasn't possible, but i've done it. I think all the positions are important, maybe the right TM nore than others but the other two strikers, midfield and defence all play important roles.

Rashidi, Cleon etc? Where are they?

Maybe they think winning the EPL with Sunderland with a tactic that never gets tweaking means i have cheated somewhere. No cheating here which is thanks to Celticwiseman and others who have proved that my tactic, or theory, can work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

couldnt agree more from me eihter, im very impressed of how the formation goes on and on. let the people get used to the tactic and it works wonders!

One thing worth mentioning. I just had an important European Group match with Dinamo Moskow. Eddie Johnson was out on international duty and Iversen was injured. The only striker I had left to choose was Jason Roberts. He is ok - 14 heading and 14 finishing. He is nowhere near a target man, but I changed the team settings to give it to his feet instead of his head. Here is the result...

robertsxc7.jpg

So maybe worth a go if you cant get that target man that you so desperately think you need....

hey guys,

I have been testing/using this tactic too now for 2 seasons.

Starting with Leeds, buying Iversen as TM and Gerard (the spanish one) and Mendieta for MC.

The first season worked fine for me, coming 2nd in the League and winning the FA Cup (vs. Wigan in the final 2:1)

The 2nd season i loaned Huntelaar and bought Pia (as a fast striker). I ended up last in the EPL and dropped out of the UEFA Cup in the first round against Lierse :-(

Somehow this tactic wont work for me.

can I tweak set piece setting? If I tweak set piece, this tactic is no more good?

I try to follow this set-piece setting.

I don't think altering any of the set pieces has any effect on the tactic. In fact i recommened doing so. Change your TM to near post flick, take the other player off this duty or they cancel each other out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Andy,sunny,Celtic

I have questions.

when you fight weaker team, do you set D-Line down to 10(medium)?

NO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What i've noticed is that the tactic performs at it's best when you are the underdogs. Hence the UEFA Cup success.

However it dropped points whenever i was the favourites.

So... i found that when you are favorites ***reduce the D-Line to the middle (10)***. It just means when your oppnents are the underdogs they ten to sit back and this makes some space to open them up.

I know i said the tactic needed no tweaking, but that was true with the team i created it with.

Anyway reducing the D-L to 10 is acceptable. It's when you start messing with the width, tempo etc etc...

look at this what you talked. could you explain clearly?

I dont touch anything of the tactic unless I dont have a good targetman.

The DC's I use all have decent pace (above 12 as I am in the Premiership), good heading as the ball goes over the top a lot and decent tackling (15+ for both. Heading is useless without jumping, so get 14+ there if possible.

The MC's, the right mid should be defensive, think Robbie Savage who averages 7.5 for me and the left an all-rounder (15+ passing and creativity, good stamina and decent tackling to help the other one out too).

The forwards must be quick either side of the target man, and check the footing of the striker on the left to see if he can actually use his left foot.

I think this tactic probably works with decent/average players in each area as the emphasise is one blending together more than individuals...afraid its about giving it time.

I have another questiones

1. Is it possible to use this tactic in Seria or Spain league?

2. why do you set creative freedom very low at DRc position despite of DC and DCl are set medium Creative Freedom?

3. could you relink this tactic please? Above link is not available now.

1. what attributes are plyaers(3DC,2MC) required?

2. what does 3DC need much pace or jumping?(like puyol vs john terry)

It depends which League you are in. For CD's the main attributes are Tackling, Heading, Jumping and Pace. However in the EPL you need better all round defensive skills.

quote:

What i've noticed is that the tactic performs at it's best when you are the underdogs. Hence the UEFA Cup success.

However it dropped points whenever i was the favourites.

So... i found that when you are favorites ***reduce the D-Line to the middle (10)***. It just means when your oppnents are the underdogs they ten to sit back and this makes some space to open them up.

I know i said the tactic needed no tweaking, but that was true with the team i created it with.

Anyway reducing the D-L to 10 is acceptable. It's when you start messing with the width, tempo etc etc...

look at this what you talked. could you explain clearly?"

I said this during my first season with this tactic when i found it harder to beat the smaller teams, however in the second season i found that it became more consistant leaving it as it was. As i have stated i won the EPL with Sunderland WITHOUT tweaking anything.

"1. Is it possible to use this tactic in Seria or Spain league?

2. why do you set creative freedom very low at DRc position despite of DC and DCl are set medium Creative Freedom?

3. could you relink this tactic please? Above link is not available now."

Answers...

1 Don't know, never tried it.

2 Did't want the F/B getting pulled out of position as with any succesful tactic you must defend effectivly.

3 TRY THIS LINK

Check what CelticWiseman says above. You should use a left footed forward on the left for best performance, seems obvious to me but maybe not to others.

Well we are in may and Finally relegated however I have seen slight improvments like victories over Chelsea and scoring quite freely finally the problem has been conceeding way to much with two to play I am...

Pos 20th W - 6 D - 7 L - 23 For - 35 Agg - 73

GD - -38 Pts 25

All I can say is not scored enough and concedded loads I will continue into the championship campaigne with this formation but again any help would be nice.

Answers...

1 Don't know, never tried it.

2 Did't want the F/B getting pulled out of position as with any succesful tactic you must defend effectivly.

3 TRY THIS LINK

I dont mean Full Back,, I mean DL DCL DC DCR DR. you set low Creative Freedom at DCR posetion despite of DC and DCL are set medium Creative Freedom. I just want to understand why you set DCR low CF, not DC.

I dont mean Full Back,, I mean DL DCL DC DCR DR. you set low Creative Freedom at DCR posetion despite of DC and DCL are set medium Creative Freedom. I just want to understand why you set DCR low CF, not DC.

Maybe it's just an accidental setting hung over from a previous tactic that i didn't adjust. Set them all the same if you feel need be.

Check what CelticWiseman says above. You should use a left footed forward on the left for best performance, seems obvious to me but maybe not to others.

I think i didn't explain properly, when i said check what he says i meant that and not just the left foot forward scenario that i was putting accross. All his advice above should be noted.

Archived