Changing the font size

JasemateUK73

Something that should be easy to do...er...isn't! I wanted to change the font size on my fm09 game. I know where to change it (in the settings doc in the skin that i'm using) but it just doesn't change in my game no matter what value i change it too. I can change to font to bold, embossed, shadowed etc. Also, in previous versions when i have been able to change the font size, if i make the font too big, it looks cut...like the font is in an invisible box (is this called the 'control' value or something?)...is there anyway of making this bigger to accomodate a larger font and if possible, what do i change?

Thanks.

Have a look at this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110025

If that doesn't work then chances are the font sizes are being set by the various xml files in the panels folder.

If you want to stop the font being cut off you can try editing the default height value from the settings.xml file located in the settings folder. (If the skin you use doesn't have it's own settings file, you'll need to extract the default one from the settings.fmf file, and copy it into the settings folder for the skin you are using).

If you open the settings file in notepad, one of the first lines is this:

<integer id="dcht" value="20" comment="default control height"/>

Changing that value should edit the row sizes for most rows (if a row has a custom size already declared you'll need to edit it from the xml file that calls the table), you can also use this file to edit the font sizes. (stuff further down the file)

Archived