Do international players need their country men?

Hi Im a newb

I started a game with QUeens park rangers but it soon became clear i didnt know what i was doing and so restarted same team

I bought Gary Medel from Chile first game and he was my best player, but then he was questioning his move to the club soon and wasnt sure it was the right place for him i asked him if he could reccomend and international teammate and he said Humberto Suazo from Monterey

so next game I make sure to sign both Gary Medel and Humberto Suazo and neither player complains and are happy at the club, however Im not sure this is just a coincidence

So my question is, for example if I bring in a brazillian is it better to bring in two so they ccan talk to eachother? Does the game even factor that in?

Also do they have to be the same country to get along? For example Gary Medel and Zuculini both speak Spanish however, Medel is Chilean and Zuculini Argentine, will they be happy and not complain?

Im just not sure how complex this game is, as in does it go into details that a spanish speaker will feel isolated on an english side, but then doesnt if you get more spanish speakers

if so does this factor into portugese and spanish speakers? Both latin but not the same language

my real life example is Hienze and Ronaldo were best friends at united, maybe they can relate more than the english speakers

Im just wondering if the game even factors these relationships or not

every player has a hidden "adaptability" attribute which governs their ability to accept new places. However there is the language barrier and personality types to take into account with squad gelling. Also, a player will start to like you more if you follow their advice on who to sign, and will play better (and be more likely to play for) a team which has players/staff on his favoured personnel.

Buying more than one player of the same nationality does help - my poached-Brazilian-youth farm always does well because they don't get unsettled, whilst when I buy individually often a player won't settle for a long time.

I only buy players who fit into my squad's personality reasonably well though, cos once I bought a Brazilian who fitted in, and one who didn't at all and cos of their opposing personalities they ended up hating each other. Not helpful.

I always wondered if you imported 11 spanish speakers/french speakers etc whether there would still be a language barrier.

I actually had a BSP team composed entirely of native French speakers once. My manager languages were English and Spanish and not a single other coach spoke French.

Fortunately though, I didn't have a single problem with them settling, as fortunately for me, their adaptability must have all been fairly high.

Higher adaptability will always help players to settle and importantly, the speed at which they learn the language of the country they're playing in.

Important to note though is regardless of nationality, languages, adaptability... if they have weak characteristics such as low ambition, low professionalism, poor controversy, etc... they will always be a pain in the backside!

Archived