Best cheap poachers in the game???

What are some cheap alternatives to the Pippo Inzagh type of striker, the kind of striker who cant create or anything, not even great physical stats, slow, but gets into the right spot always, and has incredible finishing.

I've found this Algerian guy from Siena with 18 finishing and he's 23, but what are some cheap poacher prospects who develop into class, or championship level strikers?

I'm playing QPR first season btw

Robert Acquafresca is great :) bought him in the first season with Udinese for 4 million euros from Inter (he came at the end of the season because he was loaned out to Cagliari). Now in my third season with Udinese he has started 6 games and came off the bench once - scored 5 times, assisted on 3 occassions, 2 man of the match

Matias Vuoso, approximately he's available for 5m €

Johnny Baldeon, 5 cap Ecuadorian ST. Available for a max of £150k and sometimes has 15 in the important stats. Sadly, the 9.0.3 patch tightened W/p's so you'll no longer be able to sign him for UK sides.

Finishing, off the ball, decisions, balance, determination, concentration, first touch and acceleration are probably the most important

Positioning, too. And maybe Long Shots.

I wouldn't say Acceleration is too important, to be honest. Usually a poacher will find himself on the shoulder of the last man, at the edge of the box. As long as they can finish, they're fine.

Positioning is usually for defensive players, off the ball is the attacking equivalent though. :thup:

Surely positioning would help when swinging crosses in though?

I mean, if you've got, for example, Arjen Robben bursting down the win, with Huntelaar in the centre, what use will it be if Huntelaar cannot position himself for the header/volley?

I understand how positioning is usually for defensive player etc. but surely Positioning is quite important too? Perhaps not always for a poacher. But I would've thought definitely so for a striker.

Im pretty sure off the ball is most important for strikers, not positioning. The three stats i look for in a poacher kind of striker is composure, finishing and off the ball. If a striker lacks composure, they will need really good finishing stats to make up for that, so usually i find composure more important than finishing. It is also important to have good enough physical stats so that they actually manages to get into the situations where they can finish, good anticipation can also be very important for those kind of strikers who are always supposed to be at the right place.

Ibisevic at Hoffenheim is a great goalscoring striker. Finishing 16, composure and off the ball 18, decisions and anticipation 17 and heading 16. Got pretty decent physical, mental and technical stats except for those mentioned, and should be able to make it as one of the top scorers in Premier League. Plus he is only 24, so he have still got many good years left. Will try to get him for my second season with Spurs, will report back in a few days.

Saviola is another kind of poacher which you can get cheap. Maybe a bit too weak for PL, but he is extremely fast and available cheap.

Surely positioning would help when swinging crosses in though?

I mean, if you've got, for example, Arjen Robben bursting down the win, with Huntelaar in the centre, what use will it be if Huntelaar cannot position himself for the header/volley?

I understand how positioning is usually for defensive player etc. but surely Positioning is quite important too? Perhaps not always for a poacher. But I would've thought definitely so for a striker.

Off the ball is the stat that is to do with positioning yourself in attacking plays; off the ball is a player’s movement when he doesn’t have the ball.

I'm not sure he'll come to QPR but this is probably your best bet unless he just joined another club. I'm not sure but anyway:

Martin Palermo. 16 finishing 20 heading and great mental stats too.

Or, if you're just looking for a finisher, Rivaldo. At age 36 he has one good season left maybe one and a half in FM but for the first season he's got great attributes besides physical.

Edit: Not sure either will come to QPR but if I had to guess i think they will.

I must say that I think Anticipation is one of the more important stats for a real poacher.

maybe but i'm not sure that many of my strikers goals are down to anticipation (even when they are good at it) but it could come in handy i suppose.

i,m not even sure if pace is THAT essential to a poacher. they need to be intelligent and good at finishingto be a real poacher. lets face it, shearer or sheringham never had much pace but were great poachers

Archived