The Official Stevenage Thread.

As I couldn't see one, I thought it was about tiem that one was created!

A favourite team of mine. Although I have to be honest, when I take them over, I do buy a hell of a lot of new players.

Steve Morison and Mark Arber are legends though...

Would like to read your thoughts (not like a psychic) on the club.

Any tips or things to share?

Do you take it up the arse Graham Westley..

On a more serious note, like others have said some more information would be useful

like transfer budgets, wage budgets, info about the club, maybe a picture, have a look at other club threads to get a better idea icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest duffbear

I am currently playing as Stevenage first season one Blue Square premier league

Second season got 7th and qualfied for the playoffs

Got to final of playoffs went 3-0 up ended up drawing 3-3 and lost on penalties icon_frown.gif

Then had offer for my star player Bryan Hodge worth 80k turned it down even though it was for 500k

Then did not get my conrtract renewed why surely a bug?

So decided to add a Manager and take over straight away. Found out Hodge has been sold for just 180K

in my first season i lost game after game (which i put down purely to the fact that I was a new manager so it was made harder for me) Ended finishing 17th and managed to resign Bryan Hodge for just 90k and also Gustavo from Brazil (could not scout him but decided to take a risk on him at just 3k) got him stats were excellent but didnt play very well for me even though my scouts thought he would make a good prem player!! I put it down to him being South American and I know it quite often takes a season for them to settle in.

Purchased 2 great strikers from Blackburn and Reading Jamie Clarke and Kevin Bossman who so far with 5 games left have scored 28 and 26 goals!!!.

Then in January recieved offer of 80k for Gustavo and thought for a laugh I would negotaice offer for 2.5 million imagine my suprise when they agreed and board decided it was too good to turn down.

I soon as I checked the cash was in the bank i asked the board to increase the stadium which they did by 1,500 Improves Youth faclties and training ground thanks very much Gustavo.

With just 5 games left I am top of the league guranteed of promotion icon_smile.gif

Hey Duffbear.

Cheers for adding your experiences. Just to let you know, I have re-started the official Stevenage thread and tried to do it properly this time. The Official Stevenage Thread

Would be really cool if you could keep us up-to-date on your adventures.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you could repost your last comment there (just copy and paste).

Sorry for the inconvinience, but I would love to respond to some of your post, but realise that this thread will just keep on going if I do that.

Probably best to end this one and carry on with the other...

Archived