Away game tactics for a dominant team?????

Lets just say-I am a noob and this is my first team.

i am QPR and top of the league into february and have assembled what-atleast on paper and also ingame statistically, is clearly the best and deepest team in the championship, even my bench players would be most championship teams top players. Im not trying to brag like that is something hard to do, dont get me wrong, I mean 18 million transfer budget in the championship? Its like handing anyone the title

my problem is-despite the fact that statistically my team is far and away heads and tales above every other team player for player, I lose away games on a consistent basis to weak teams.

I have Mark Viduka up top an amazing target man with finishing of 17 and then next to him young Walter with finishing of 15 yet for some reason goals are hard to get at away games and im lucky to get 2, even if i get chance after chance.

at home games i usually play two offensively oriented midfielders and 2 offensive wingers and just blow teams away but this doesnt seem to work at all in away games.

so what i try to do is play defensive with quick counter attacks down the flanks and pack the middle with top defensive midfielders-Bodde, Sandro, Smertin, Zuculini, seriously it cant be that I have weak players because these players would even be good for some mid level premiership teams. My wings are great, high speed, high dribbling high crossing so I just try to bang in cross after cross to viduka. It works alright

but the thing is after i get a one goal lead, even if i switch my team to ultra defensive and play counter attacks, the home team always comes back with an instant double salvo.

the only home games ive won were playing defensive the whole game, lots of counter attacks and lots of luck

this makes no sense-i have the midfield of a premiership team that dominates at home and then gets blown to hell away from home. It makes no sense.

And my defense-my weakest area-they are still top level championship defenders, dameon stewart and Fritz Hall

a nyone got any links to Away game tactics? Sorry this is so long

Archived