FM10 management pathway

Ive just had a look through some of the teams in the lower leagues and quite a few have a couple of gray players. SI could just make sure enough youth is generated for the team you are managing and the other teams can have a few grays, that wouldnt slow the game down and your team wont have any grays. The AI manager could bring a few prospects in as well.

Ive just had a look through some of the teams in the lower leagues and quite a few have a couple of gray players. SI could just make sure enough youth is generated for the team you are managing and the other teams can have a few grays, that wouldnt slow the game down and your team wont have any grays. The AI manager could bring a few prospects in as well.

I was thinking about that, and that would work fine for a while. But what if you changed teams? Would the team that previously had a couple of grays suddenly generate some new players or would you then be stuck with managing grays?

I was thinking about that, and that would work fine for a while. But what if you changed teams? Would the team that previously had a couple of grays suddenly generate some new players or would you then be stuck with managing grays?

Just have to make sure that you take over before that date when the new players are generated (cant remember the date), if you were to take over someone in the middle of the season id imagine that you'd end up managing grays until the generation date, at which point you'll get enough new players so that there wont be any grays. It'll just be whatever team your managing when the generation date strikes which will be the team that dont get any grays.

I like the idea and it has been suggested several times now.

When you start with a low reputation you can get managers jobs in the blue square north or south. This is just not realistic as most managers at this level have been league players, managers or coaches in the past. I would say lowest reputation you could get the youth or reserve coach job from league 1 down then advance to full manager at lower league clubs once you have some experience of coaching under your belt.

I pick king's lynn in blue square north as an example, Last year they got the norwich youth coach in as their manager and he was at a championship side. They didn't pick some former sunday league player.

To solve the grey player problem, you could be allowed to sign youngsters who are without a club on a youth contract (free) Then the manager decides if he will give them a profesional contract when they turn 17.

To solve the grey player problem, you could be allowed to sign youngsters who are without a club on a youth contract (free) Then the manager decides if he will give them a profesional contract when they turn 17.

Good shout there:thup: I was also thinking that you could suggest players for the manager to sign, like instead of having a make offer button you'd have like a recommend signing button, so if you see some kid you want/need then you could ask the manager about signing him, then its down to him to do the rest.

Good shout there:thup: I was also thinking that you could suggest players for the manager to sign, like instead of having a make offer button you'd have like a recommend signing button, so if you see some kid you want/need then you could ask the manager about signing him, then its down to him to do the rest.

Now we are getting somewhere :)

My personal dream is being able to be a scout in FM. You know, visiting any game you please (within your assignment of course), and recommending players to your manager. In my opinion that would kick ass, to put it bluntly.

You'd have to estimate a players ability (both current and potential), the transfer fee, if he would be an addition to the squad, how much wage he would ask and if he would fit into the squad personality-wise.

Basically meaning that you would have to judge what his hidden attributes are. The closer you get, the higher the attributes on your profile, the bigger your reputation, the more you earn and the bigger the club you can work for, and the better the players that you can scout.

Yes, I know most of you will say that it's impossible and completely useless as the game is called Football MANAGER after all, but as I said it's just my dream and personally I think that it wouldn't be that impossible.

I like the idea a lot, would be great to manage the youth team at 35, (after retiring as a member of the playing staff) and then having to deal with your star youth player making the first-team bench one week, and building bonds with players who may go on to become world-beaters. Eventually, if you do well and the first-team manager leaves for any reason, you may be considered for the first team, (just like Guardiola), or perhaps your actions have put you on the radar of other clubs who take you on (like Ricky Sbragia). Great idea!

I'm not against it. I just think that, like others have mentioned, there are a great deal of others things that need improving that will benefit every user. They should be prioritised. To understand what I was saying before, have a look at this screenshot.

http://s559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/jamesb_33/?action=view&current=TeamBathU18.jpg

It's in the year 2024, I have the best youth facilities possible. I do not think managing this U18 team would be fun.

Who will still want to be an U18 coach that many years into the game though? The general consensus is that this would just be a path into full management, and not something interesting enough to stick with for 15 seasons. However, saying that, if the greys problem could be solved then it would really help the game in general and not just with this suggestion :thup:

Who will still want to be an U18 coach that many years into the game though? The general consensus is that this would just be a path into full management, and not something interesting enough to stick with for 15 seasons. However, saying that, if the greys problem could be solved then it would really help the game in general and not just with this suggestion :thup:

Grays aren't a problem, they're a necessity. Can you imagine having every player in the world loaded up and there not being a single gray? The game would be as fast as block of apartments.

Who will still want to be an U18 coach that many years into the game though? The general consensus is that this would just be a path into full management, and not something interesting enough to stick with for 15 seasons.

I'd stick with it. Successfully developing starlet after starlet and watching them go on to be capped would give me chills. I can't really see it being implemented in the near future though, it would take months to develop successfully. Not to mention the extra features it would require (job interviews, schoolboy internationals, fully-simulated u-18 leagues) to give it 'pulling power'. SI don't have a good track record for bringing in features like this in one go. If it comes in expect it to come in gracefully, stage-by-stage.

1) Able To Start off as reserve manager or youth manager to build up some experience or even coaching etc.

2) More detail on your own manager profile, who you can add as fav personal and who you hate, more points sytem

3) TRROPY ROOM - A pciture of each trophy and what youve one at ach club etc(Like pro avo new one player feature)

4) Better press conferences - no same questions 5 times in a row etc

5) Player feedback in half time talk as seen in other threads i.ie dissapointing - change to - why you playing badly - player responce, im out of postion, i need help to cover so and so.

6) Reasonable tranfer olicy instead of paying £55mil for agureo and £20 for vidic who was 33????

7) News paper clippings as imges about results and trophy wins etc.

8) Manager sit down interiew i.e special on match of the day and so on

9) Better young players coming through. im in 2018 and just paid 5mil for a right back whos 25 spanish and is **** but says on of the best right backs which is complete bull.

10) More interaction with other managers in stead of same old crash and burn, eyes easy victory.

11) if a live game, why no half time interview in champs league? etc

12) retirement, i have players in 2018 who are still playing like john terry is still cb for chelsea at 38.

13) more angels on 3d game and replays.

14) become a chairman after you retire from management or become a scout.

15) again more young GOOD players who come through.

Just off the top of my head, hopefully some at si will see this and add a few, but still cant wait for new one.

Killaj, your best posting those in the wish list thread where SI check up on, this thread was just to see how people felt about the OP idea:thup:

(All good ideas btw, specially that half time interview one, dont like the chairman/scout one though, just because the games called Football Manager)

EDIT: I see you've already posted it there, nevermind, was gona give you a link...

Archived