How good is Ribery?

having only watched him a handful of times in real life I've never seen much from him that's made me think all the hype is warranted. He's been hyped up there with the likes of C Ronaldo and Messi and the other top players/world footballer of the year candidates, and I'm wondering if he's really that good, and if he's really that good in FM. Much like with Kaka I've never really seen the brilliance that so many speak of. In fairness to those two players though I've only watched them play in maybe five matches each.

So to clarify I'm not saying they aren't great players. I'm saying I don't know if they are and am looking to be educated by those who do know.

Thank you!

Ps. here is a screenshot of Ribery. He is available to buy for 40mil over 24 months.

th_Picture2-1.png

Ribery is probably the single worst underrated player in this game

IRL he's just as good as Ronaldo and Messi

In this game he got

CA of 175-180 and PA of 185

(at best... don't remember atm) where Messi and Ronaldo both have

PA of 195

(if not more)

Even with that crippling of his abillities, he's still one of the top wingers in the game (i think only Guardado rivals him PA wise)

In this game he got

Even with that crippling of his abillities, he's still one of the top wingers in the game (i think only Guardado rivals him PA wise)

Ugf great now I know everyone's ca/pa. Anyway thanks maybe ill sign him even though im signing guardado and zhirkov too

Put up a screenshot of Ribery in the opening post mate. Will help this thread stay open.

He's a great player on the game. One of the best wingers around. And he's usually available from Bayern for around 18-25M which is a great price for him.

Is he better than Messi or Ronaldo IRL? I can only give my opinion and that is an emphatic no. He's a great player and I reckon they could all easily function is the same team even IRL. But the fact is that Ronaldo & Messi are playing for 2 of the best teams in the world and also in 2 of the best leagues in the world (with all due to respect to Bayern, who are a great club and to the Bundesliga). Unfortunately, until Ribery does the same, he wont be put in the same category.

In this game he got CA of ......and PA of ..... (at best... don't remember atm) where Messi and Ronaldo both have PA of ..... (if not more)

mate... you have to use spoiler tags in here.... you cant leave ca and pa values uncovered......

ribery was a great player irl but seems to have slowed down a lot recently... should never have gone to the bundesliga to rot imo...

and kaka is the best player in his postition in game and irl...

In this game he got

CA of 175-180 and PA of 185

(at best... don't remember atm) where Messi and Ronaldo both have

PA of 195

(if not more)

Put up a screenshot of Ribery in the opening post mate. Will help this thread stay open.

He's a great player on the game. One of the best wingers around. And he's usually available from Bayern for around 18-25M which is a great price for him.

How can he be gotten for 18-25mil? He is valued about 18mil in my game lol. I can get an offer accepted for 40mil over 24months. That's in the same range as Aguero (a bit less than Aguero) and I can get gerrard for about 60mil over 24 months so then it begs the question should I get one of thoes other guys instead if I'm going to pay that much.

Keep in mind Im playing as aston villa in my first season so the budget is limited. I've gotten it to above 60mil from selling as many players as possible, which = 120mil over 24 months of transfer budget. But I still need to buy mexes for 30mil over 24 months (unless that's a bad buy?), Chiellini for 12mil/24months, Vagner Love 18mil over 24 months, Guardado 15mil/24, Moutinho or Veloso, or both, and others...

Anyway if there's a way to get Ribery for 25mil then that's a no brainer for me. How does one do that?

I got him for 7.75 Million US Dollars in 2011-2012 season with sunderland. He requested a transfer from arsenal. In 2009-2010 Season Arsenal paid 32.5 million for him. He played 15, 12, and 7 Games before I snapped him up in the Jan transfer window. He scored 4 Goals in 35 Games for arsenal, and 5 in 14 games for me. He scored a few late goals in crucial late season games that lead me to my first premeir league title.

7franckribry2.jpg

That's him in season 3 with my Arsenal side. He's first choice left winger over Nasri at the moment.

7franckribry.jpg

Last seasons statistics, he was one of the better performers.

He's pretty good in all fairness, he takes a wicked free kick as well which was pretty surprising to find out in his first few games when i signed him, I don't really have a world class set piece player so no one was assigned until i realised how good ribery actually is at set pieces.

It's Ribéry.

Quality player in FM can't go wrong with signing him. Usually Bayern have debt problems and you can get Ribéry on the cheap after a season or two as opposed to paying £35Million if not more.

I always give him a lot of CF and a free role and let him cut inside, never want him crossing I always want him running at players causing mayhem. :cool:

having only watched him a handful of times in real life I've never seen much from him that's made me think all the hype is warranted. He's been hyped up there with the likes of C Ronaldo and Messi and the other top players/world footballer of the year candidates, and I'm wondering if he's really that good, and if he's really that good in FM. Much like with Kaka I've never really seen the brilliance that so many speak of. In fairness to those two players though I've only watched them play in maybe five matches each.

So to clarify I'm not saying they aren't great players. I'm saying I don't know if they are and am looking to be educated by those who do know.

Thank you!

Ps. here is a screenshot of Ribery. He is available to buy for 40mil over 24 months.

th_Picture2-1.png

just watch highlights of the two semis of 2007 ac milan vs man utd to see why kaka is incredible.

as for ribery, he's really good but not quite messi or kaka level to be honest.

I think it depends a lot on where you play him. When I was managing Bayern he seemed to play best as the AMC in a 4-2-3-1 formation. The only problem i found was that one week he was getting a rating of 5 and other weeks he was MOM with a rating of 9.

I agree with the free kick and assists comments as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've just bought him to play LW in my team for £26m over 24 months. I've just won the premiership after 2 seasons and he was basically my big big signing. But he's just not done it yet. He's switching positions with either witsel or marquinhos on the RW but no matter what tactics I employ he just doesn't seem to produce...so can anyone help with more specific instructions?

Hi guys, I've just bought him to play LW in my team for £26m over 24 months. I've just won the premiership after 2 seasons and he was basically my big big signing. But he's just not done it yet. He's switching positions with either witsel or marquinhos on the RW but no matter what tactics I employ he just doesn't seem to produce...so can anyone help with more specific instructions?

Have him with around 13/14 CF, free role, RWB on often and Cross ball rarely. :thup:

just watch highlights of the two semis of 2007 ac milan vs man utd to see why kaka is incredible.

as for ribery, he's really good but not quite messi or kaka level to be honest.

when he made evra and heinze run into each other, that made me lol for weeks, and i still lol about it now ;)

i picked up the lad for just over 20mil at the end of my 1st season at barca and he took a 'massive' wage cut from 155 to 79 per week...hes not as good as messi (obv) but he does the job.

How can he be gotten for 18-25mil? He is valued about 18mil in my game lol. I can get an offer accepted for 40mil over 24months. That's in the same range as Aguero (a bit less than Aguero) and I can get gerrard for about 60mil over 24 months so then it begs the question should I get one of thoes other guys instead if I'm going to pay that much.

Keep in mind Im playing as aston villa in my first season so the budget is limited. I've gotten it to above 60mil from selling as many players as possible, which = 120mil over 24 months of transfer budget. But I still need to buy mexes for 30mil over 24 months (unless that's a bad buy?), Chiellini for 12mil/24months, Vagner Love 18mil over 24 months, Guardado 15mil/24, Moutinho or Veloso, or both, and others...

Anyway if there's a way to get Ribery for 25mil then that's a no brainer for me. How does one do that?

I bought Love for 18.5 and hes amazing hes scored in all the games iv played he barring one and the both great and tap-in finishes...

Can i recomened Yaya Toure hes scored a hatrick, brace, brace, brace and a single goal in the first 5 games i played him as a cm behind 3 am and 2 strickers alwowing him to run with the ball, make forward runs, play through balls and always take long shots. Place him as marking the keeper in free kicks and corners (More effective in corners) also make the corner taker(recomend vd vaart) to aim at the penalty spot. Hes scored 60% of his goals from there bt hes also got a mean long shot on him....:D

Hope it helps

Man City bought Love ):

Going to go for Villa =D

At the moment in my game mancity have almost completly changed their team cause they bought/sold so much(mainly bought) i guess im nt one to talk having in my first season paying more than 88m so far and iv got robinho, anelka, navas, enyeama, schennikov and pogrebnyak on the way,

I also noticed with mancity their players dont get much game time that is why i got Jo, Robinho, Elano, Enyeama and Caicedo from them...

I kinda got a bazillian team atBrccclona with:

Rivldo, Elano, Alves, Love, Filipe, Kerlon, Henrique and Jo

With Robinho on the way... Thats 9. How do i get away with the rule that stats that i have to have a certain number of spanish players?

Archived