Vanger Love and Aguero

Hi guys! Looking for help with tactics, quite new to FM and haven't quite got the hang of it all! Last season I was playing Vanger Love and Robinho upfront, I sold Robinho at the begining of season 2 and now have Aguero instead, but it seems that Vagner Love doesn't work well with him, scoring 27 last season, and can't seem to get any at all now! If some one could please help me with some tactics for the 2, that will work so they play towards their full potential, or can they just not play together? Also the RM and LM, should they have stuff on to help the forwards get more goals?

My first choice RM is Maxi Rodrequez and LM is Zhirkov. LB I have Bale and RB Richards.

Any help given will be appreciated! Thank you.

Hi guys! Looking for help with tactics, quite new to FM and haven't quite got the hang of it all! Last season I was playing Vanger Love and Robinho upfront, I sold Robinho at the begining of season 2 and now have Aguero instead, but it seems that Vagner Love doesn't work well with him, scoring 27 last season, and can't seem to get any at all now! If some one could please help me with some tactics for the 2, that will work so they play towards their full potential, or can they just not play together? Also the RM and LM, should they have stuff on to help the forwards get more goals?

My first choice RM is Maxi Rodrequez and LM is Zhirkov. LB I have Bale and RB Richards.

I play as Man City as well. My first choice strikers are Robinho and Aguero. First season was good but not great. Second season was similar. Third was brilliant, Aguero got 30 league golas Rob got 28 and they both scored loads in Europe. 4th season Aguero has been immense but Rob got injured for 3 months, came back slowly but going well.

Third season I altered my tacttcs slightly. I play flat 4-4-2.

Akinfeev

Richards

Bale

Fazio

Sakho

Arteta

Young

Palombo/Veloso

Mouthino

Aguero

Robinho

I ask Aguero and Rob to swap positions. No targt man, no playmaker. Mixed crosses. Wingers from byline full backs from deep - they all get a lot of assists.

I play symetrical - I don't have a defensive mid or a deep lying forward. Each position is the same as it's mirror image. GIves good balance.

All players except centre halfs and keepers have high mentality and creative freedom. Quite wide play (standard pitch length)

Strikers isntructions I can't quite remember but I think they are crossing rarely - forward runs mixed, run with ball often, long shots rarely.

Wors well for me. I'll double check this for you when I get home

Thank you guys, I am going to try Scoot4Nat's tactics, see how I get on and I will post my next few results :)

AmA Deo, yours looks very promising, but I really want to try and get them both working together, if I'm still having a poor run I will try it out.

Would you guys suggest Vagner Love or Aguero upfront by themselves?

Thanks, JamBug

Thank you guys, I am going to try Scoot4Nat's tactics, see how I get on and I will post my next few results :)

AmA Deo, yours looks very promising, but I really want to try and get them both working together, if I'm still having a poor run I will try it out.

Would you guys suggest Vagner Love or Aguero upfront by themselves?

Thanks, JamBug

I've never played 1 up front to be honest but I don't see why not. He is clinical once he gets going.

Not had Vanger Love but I imagine he owuld fit in well with my team.

BTW, my other strikers are Higuain, Keirrison and Fleck. All of them have played up front with Aguero and managed goals and assists. As I said, I'll check my precise tactics later and pst them in this thread.

Just to make another point - I feel Zhirkov would be perfect for my team but he went to Chelsea in the first season and I can't get him. I'm not willing to pay more than £35M for him. I bought Young instead as he was great in my Aston VIlla save. Only thing with him is his condition drops quite quickly so I have to rotate him. So those wingers you have I'm sure would do well in my team.

Only played 2 games with Scoot4Nat's tactics, but can see it has made a difference, beating Arsenal 2-1 in the Super Cup final, with a goal from Aguero, assist from Love :) And a Zhirkov free kick. Beat West Brom 3-0 with 2 Aguero goals and 1 from Love :)

Only played 2 games with Scoot4Nat's tactics, but can see it has made a difference, beating Arsenal 2-1 in the Super Cup final, with a goal from Aguero, assist from Love :) And a Zhirkov free kick. Beat West Brom 3-0 with 2 Aguero goals and 1 from Love :)

Excellent! I feel very proud!

Ok here are my strikers instructi0ons:

Forward Runs - Mixed

Run With Ball - Often

Long Shots - Rarely

Through Balls - Mixed

Cross Ball - Rarely

Both strikers swap positions.

Every player except DC's and GK have same team instructions. High mentality, high freedom, passing style is about halfway bewteen left and middle, high tempo, high width high closing down, ZERO time wasting, normal tackling and normal defensive line.

My team has high wrok rate which helps defensively.

Centre halfs have mentality all the way to the left and the same with creative freedom.

I'm still doing well. Would liek to see Love in my team but can't justify forking out for him :p

Archived