Any strategies to convince players to come to the Championship?

First season in championship, but everyone and their mum seems too big for their britches to come to my team, QPR. skjelbred, Ibisevec from hoffenheim, milyevsky, i mean honestly i understand its the championship, but honestly skjelbred mate you play in Norway who are you to turn down championship football. Same with Stephen Defour, honestly this guy seems to think he's a prince in the game, I mean yeh you're good for standard but look again son, STANDARD LEIGE IT'S IN FOOKING BELGIUM GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THERE AND INTO A REAL LEAGue

First season in championship, but everyone and their mum seems too big for their britches to come to my team, QPR. skjelbred, Ibisevec from hoffenheim, milyevsky, i mean honestly i understand its the championship, but honestly skjelbred mate you play in Norway who are you to turn down championship football. Same with Stephen Defour, honestly this guy seems to think he's a prince in the game, I mean yeh you're good for standard but look again son, STANDARD LEIGE IT'S IN FOOKING BELGIUM GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THERE AND INTO A REAL LEAGue

champions league football while playing in belgium is better then the 2nd division in england i would presume and its no suprise those players don't wanna go to QPR who only have a national rep,

belgium top league is pretty damn good...

and the norwegian top league is superb...

watch some football and then judge matey..

they wont come to the championhip because the second tier football in england isnt great.... the premiership is in its own class..

defour is getting paid more then most will pay in the championship and he's in his home town and country.... would you move?

Skjelbred has been regarded as one of the top prospects in Norway for many years now. He's been looked at by a host of EPL teams and other tier 1 European teams. He's had lots of caps for the national team. He's played in the Champions League with Rosenborg several times.

Why would he ever want to join QPR..?

Useless post in my opinion :thdn:

norwegian football league is not superb and yes this is from someone who has been to norway and witnessed two lyn vs valanga derbies live. Norwegian football league, quite frankly is about the same level as league 1 or 2 in England, with of course a pretty quality side in Rosenberg who might be lower level premiership at best.

I know more about norwegian football league than most.

Belgian league ok I wasnt being far to Stephen Defour lol. I suppose South American talent is the way to go, and yes at QPR I offered Defour a contract nearly doubling his wage at standard and a huge sign on bonus and huge appearance fee and goal bonus he still turned it down lol

Ok there is no way Milevskyi or Ibisevec would come to QPR in real life. Kiev are regularly playing European football (UEFA Cup semi final this year) so why would he want to come to QPR, a struggling team in the Championship.

Ibisevec is playing in the top league in Germany, which is better standard than the Championship, with his team battling for a European place. Again, why would he want to come to QPR.

Granted there are times when big-ish players drop down leagues in foreign countries, but in general you wouldnt find many players of the standard you are saying coming to the Championship with QPR

Ok there is no way Milevskyi or Ibisevec would come to QPR in real life. Kiev are regularly playing European football (UEFA Cup semi final this year) so why would he want to come to QPR, a struggling team in the Championship.

Ibisevec is playing in the top league in Germany, which is better standard than the Championship, with his team battling for a European place. Again, why would he want to come to QPR.

Granted there are times when big-ish players drop down leagues in foreign countries, but in general you wouldnt find many players of the standard you are saying coming to the Championship with QPR

I think in real life, if you doubled, or even tripled their paycheck, and also promised promotion next year into the best football league in the world, and gave massive sign on fees and appearance bonuses, you could convince these players to drop down in to QPR:)

Your saying QPR is guaranteed promotion to the EPL next year?

Players might be blinded by money somewhat but i dont think they are that stupid.

Also, money doesn't always rule....Kaka-Man City?!

Yeah but kaka's wages are so high already that he has too much money to know what to do with so giving him and extra 40,000£ or more will just make it even more difficult to know what to do with it...

He'll retire and never have to work again so why would you want upheavle and hassel with a poor overly rich club in MANCHESTER? No offence but you get a choice to live in one of the nicest cities in the world: MILAN or a bit of a scuzz hole in a country where you speak a minimal ammount of the language?!

Why don't you lot stick to FM eh? After all basing FM on real life is silly as FM doesn't work like real life. ;)

Fact is your side offers little incentive for a player like Defour to want to move. You’re in the second tier of English football, get to the EPL and improve your reputation and then you will increase your chances of getting better players. It has always been like this.

Did you expect your FM money would pull you in all the best players? Increase your reputation first.

Hilarious thread. :)

Seriously, if I was a player I'd rather stay in my home country and play Champions League / Europa League football than move to the Championship. If I was any good there'd be heaps of interest from Prem, La Liga or Serie A teams anyway, who in the right mind would want to go to QPR?! :p

I usually try to compliment a player if I'm trying to punch outside my weight; I don't gush, either, but say that I'm impressed, kind of build him up for a couple months. It doesn't always work, but it does sometimes.

It really depends on what motivates the player; some of them are motivated by cash, some by prestige, some by loyalty. Find what makes that player tick, then see if you can exploit that.

Archived