The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

least he can spell u _muppett _icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muppet has 1 _t_ ya muppet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Jimbo never new ye were a bid sesame street fan icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

least he can spell u _muppett _icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muppet has 1 _t_ ya muppet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Jimbo never new ye were a bid sesame street fan icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave me alane ya muppet!! im disleksik min! and fits wrong with sesame street you got a thing against big bird?? or is it because oscar store yer hoose icon_wink.gif

Sorry Jimbo never new ye were a big sesame street fan icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sesame Street fan.....haven't you seen all the muppets I've signed. icon_frown.gif

Sorry Jimbo never new ye were a big sesame street fan icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sesame Street fan.....haven't you seen all the muppets I've signed. icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw , but ive seen yer other half, and size-wise , thats a BIG BURD!

All we are saying.........is give Gretna a goal

I have lost less games than Elgin, conceded less goals than Elgin and Dumbarton, but 5 goals scored all season............FFS.

Still there's always next Thursday.

I have lost less games than Elgin, conceded less goals than Elgin and Dumbarton, but 5 goals scored all season............FFS.

Still there's always next Thursday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mair chance of Henman winning Wimbledon icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Mair chance of Henman winning Wimbledon icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mair chance o turps havin a bath! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoaldenWallsBalls:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Mair chance of Henman winning Wimbledon icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mair chance o turps havin a bath! icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. Aberdeen folk slagging off others for being blacknecks. Irony is alive and well!

ill have you know i take me an me sheep jesabel thru the sheep dip at least once a week! nothin beats a clean wooly coat for that extra sensual feelin icon_wink.gif

And you ahould know all about love between a man an an animal being a lovechild o lambie !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoaldenWallsBalls:

And you ahould know all about love between a man an an animal being a lovechild o lambie !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill have you know that i was conceived at half-time in the wee room at the back of the canteen during a 2-1 win over Clydebank. How dare you cast aspersions over my parentage!

And i dont think anyones going to be in there this evening if the games off. Thursday is the next session.

Guest sav112

That would be a no; I think Turps went for that over due bath somewhere. He said he was away this Monday, so I take it he’s trying to find someone with a bath, either that or he’s got the game running and spending the night making offer to all the other players in Scotland that he missed first time around.

I think with our man it’s a case of so many players so little time.

sav

Guest sav112

The blue Brazil fanzine (By the fans for the fans).

Could manager Stewart Robertson be another Bill Hodge? The fans can only be delighted with Robertson record so far this campaign. It is well believed that if successful in gaining a high position in the third division that next season could see Robertson breaking the club transfer record to try for promotion. He will have a fight on his hands to keep the few gems he has unearthed but recognises that if seriously high offers come in he may have to sell.

it's fixed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graeme Kelly:

We've just fixed, 5 minutes ago, a crash on training when the host is a mac, and the client is a pc. Will be in the forthcoming Mac EP/PC Ep5, once all fixes are implemented and tested.

If someone has a 100% repeatable training crash, then I'd be grateful of an email containng the saved game, or a link to t where you've uploaded it icon_smile.gif.

Array access out of bounds crash isn't specific to online play, and has been mentioned in the GQ forum quite a few times. I believe this to have been fixed also. As with morale bug.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turps or anyone,

Is there any way to apply for this league when spaces become available? I've been intching to dip my feet into some Online Scottish action since my broadband got connected!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bisto:

Turps or anyone,

Is there any way to apply for this league when spaces become available? I've been intching to dip my feet into some Online Scottish action since my broadband got connected!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No sorry m8 we are not recruiting and have a waiting list i'm afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bisto:

Turps or anyone,

Is there any way to apply for this league when spaces become available? I've been intching to dip my feet into some Online Scottish action since my broadband got connected!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This clan is for Scots only, I note from previous posts that you ARE Scottish, TURPS is a lazy c*nt and thinks you are English, we do however have a waiting list but if you want you can get added. icon_smile.gif

When turps said southern hemisphere he ment he went under the water for a change.

And he'll never take that killie top off not for love, money or a run of good results!! icon_biggrin.gif

yip, im Scottish thru and thru, stick me on a waiting list then, just as long as turps isnt from Onthank / Tourhill, dont think i could hack that icon_wink.gif

Cheers Lads

Gable Endies good run continues!

After my overseas trip I was eager to see what state my team had been left in. Despite my doubts the assistant manager, Whotzizname, had followed my instructions to the letter and we sat in second place.

My first match back was League Cup action at Links against the Jam Tarts. What a game, at times it looked like Montrose were the SPL side. A penalty in the first with McConalogue converting and the superb David Jack scoring in the second and we were on our way into the quarter final. Hearts managed to score a soft penalty minutes before the end but 'Trose survived the pressure and knocked out the Jambos. Montrose 2 - 1 Hearts

Back to league business again for our trip to Firs Park against East Stirlingshire. 2 goals from Kerrigan and 1 for McConalougue were enough to see of the Shire. A fantastic away win against difficult opponents. East Stirlingshire 1 - 3 Montrose

Queens Park were next up at home, another difficult tie against a team well capable of promotion this season. A superb flowing move finished off by a hapless QP player was enough to give us the points. Montrose 1 - 0 Queens Park

Quarter Final time away to SPL Livingston. Montrose held out until well into the second half but 2 quick goals took Livi into the Semis. No shots on target from Trose but the lads dug deep to produce a battling performance. Livingston 2 - 0 Montrose

Last match of the session was against lowly Gretna away. My players obviously tired after the cup exploits managed to escape with a point in a game. Gretna 0 - 0 Montrose

We finished the session still in second but there's still a long way to go in the season and most of the league have a real chance of promotion.

You guys are taking the p1sh. Do you honestly expect me to believe Turps took a bath???? I can still smell the Killie pie meat from under his armpits from over here!!!

Can't make it tonight, Anybody who injures Super Williams when he comes back from surgery in a few weeks is a right dobber!!! icon_mad.gif

Im not even playing and im looking forward to it, and coistyplease watch out as you can be nicked on the trades description act by saying that what you get inside a killie pie is "meat" icon_biggrin.gif

The Spiders Web

As christmas fast approaches we are pleased to announce a early present for the loyal Queens Park fans in the shape of new signing Jóhann Þórhallson, I am sure the man will add alot to the already impressing Queens side this season.

Dumbarton visited Hampden in a festival of attacking football fortunatly for us it was all Spiderz traffic Chris Burke and Jon Ostemobor put away singles to add to McAdams FOUR goal- Five Star performance.

Queens Park 6 - 0 Dumbarton

We were on the road again as we went to Links park looking to build on our impressive win last week, but alas not to be as a Jan Andreasson Own Goal in a dire tedious affair secured the win for Montrose.

Montrose 1 - 0 Queens Park

Hampden Park was the venue again as Elgin City came knocking and in form Eddie Annand bagged a brace in the first half and the leagues top goal scorer Steven McAdam added another to his tally before substitute Justin Georcelin added his first of the season and Queens Park's 4th.

Queens Park 4 - 0 Elgin City

Gary Toner

Well we fair battered through that session and it was one which proved that there really is going to be some scrapping for 2nd position and promotion as 2nd and 7th are seperated by just 3 points. Unfortunatly i'm in the 7th position and have resorted to some boring boring football to get there but its points that win prizes not silky fitba.

The session started with the illustrious visit of 1st divisions Ross County in the 2nd round of the league cup. The big guns were sent packing as goals from Kenny Deuchar and Dave Clarkson sent them packing after the deserved 2-0 humbling. Needless to say I was running around the changing rooms naked in delight after this result.

A boring 0-0 draw was the Fifers aim away from home after the Dumbarton game and if it hadn't been for that game we would have conceded the fewest goals in the division and we pulled off another 0-0 draw to the annoyance of Elgin gaffer Murray.....

So how angry was I when runaway leaders Stirling came to New Bayview full of confidence and that shone on the park. They went 1-0 up early doors through Scotland international Kevin Kyle and we managed to equalise through David Clarkson. It looked like we could just hold out for the rest of the game but a lack of concentration in injury time seen the faultless captain Jim Butter pick the ball out of the net once again.

Having humped Ross County in the previous round surely Rosco's East Stirling should prove no problem despite our minor setback on Saturday......3-0 rout for the Fifers with goals from Grondin, Deuchar and Gilbert proved me right.

Another away game another boring 0-0...hopefully. It was Cowdenbeath this time who had had a couple of good results leading up to the game. The defence remained tight and we frustrated them the whole afternoon to gain another valuable point.

Rosco brought over his East Stirling troops looking to get revenge for the 3-0 mauling in the cup. His side fared better this time but they couldn't stop Deuchars 2 goals and went home weaping with a 2-1 defeat.

Irratatingly our next home match was boring for our fans. When we try to entertain Gary Toner clearly doesn't. We went down early to a counter attacking goal but a classic Deuchar header drew us level minutes later. Then there was barely a shot for the rest of the match. A very dull 1-1 that i'm not very happy about.

League Cup 3rd Round home to Dunfermline of the premier division. It's the biggy. We matched them we both got a goal but there was one major difference. Our goal was disallowed. Lee Bullen's jammy 80th minute one however wasn't.

Away to Gretna we get a good 2 goal lead through Deuchar (classic header) and Clarkson on the break. All is going to plan but then Conway in a moment of madness gets himself sent off. Oh dear. Just on half time the sweeper MacMillan limps off the park and we have to move a striker into defence. Jim's Gretna have no reply fortunatly and we get our first away win probably since we last played Gretna away.

Yet another away game but this time it was to our bogey side Morton. Petes shock midtable side once again got a lucky winner through some icelandic import. I was dissapointed but I am expecting a fair few 1-0 away defeats to go with the 0-0's.

Well we fair battered through that session and it was one which proved that there really is going to be some scrapping for 2nd position and promotion as 2nd and 7th are seperated by just 3 points. Unfortunatly i'm in the 7th position and have resorted to some boring boring football to get there but its points that win prizes not silky fitba.

The session started with the illustrious visit of 1st divisions Ross County in the 2nd round of the league cup. The big guns were sent packing as goals from Kenny Deuchar and Dave Clarkson sent them packing after the deserved 2-0 humbling. Needless to say I was running around the changing rooms naked in delight after this result.

A boring 0-0 draw was the Fifers aim away from home after the Dumbarton game and if it hadn't been for that game we would have conceded the fewest goals in the division and we pulled off another 0-0 draw to the annoyance of Elgin gaffer Murray.....

So how angry was I when runaway leaders Stirling came to New Bayview full of confidence and that shone on the park. They went 1-0 up early doors through Scotland international Kevin Kyle and we managed to equalise through David Clarkson. It looked like we could just hold out for the rest of the game but a lack of concentration in injury time seen the faultless captain Jim Butter pick the ball out of the net once again.

Having humped Ross County in the previous round surely Rosco's East Stirling should prove no problem despite our minor setback on Saturday......3-0 rout for the Fifers with goals from Grondin, Deuchar and Gilbert proved me right.

Another away game another boring 0-0...hopefully. It was Cowdenbeath this time who had had a couple of good results leading up to the game. The defence remained tight and we frustrated them the whole afternoon to gain another valuable point.

Rosco brought over his East Stirling troops looking to get revenge for the 3-0 mauling in the cup. His side fared better this time but they couldn't stop Deuchars 2 goals and went home weaping with a 2-1 defeat.

Irratatingly our next home match was boring for our fans. When we try to entertain Gary Toner clearly doesn't. We went down early to a counter attacking goal but a classic Deuchar header drew us level minutes later. Then there was barely a shot for the rest of the match. A very dull 1-1 that i'm not very happy about.

League Cup 3rd Round home to Dunfermline of the premier division. It's the biggy. We matched them we both got a goal but there was one major difference. Our goal was disallowed. Lee Bullen's jammy 80th minute one however wasn't.

Away to Gretna we get a good 2 goal lead through Deuchar (classic header) and Clarkson on the break. All is going to plan but then Conway in a moment of madness gets himself sent off. Oh dear. Just on half time the sweeper MacMillan limps off the park and we have to move a striker into defence. Jim's Gretna have no reply fortunatly and we get our first away win probably since we last played Gretna away.

Yet another away game but this time it was to our bogey side Morton. Petes shock midtable side once again got a lucky winner through some icelandic import. I was dissapointed but I am expecting a fair few 1-0 away defeats to go with the 0-0's.

The Aberdeen Evening Distress

An independant review of Thursdays games with your intrepid reporter The_Sy

it was a night which saw only a handfull of managers turn up, Jim current manager of bottom side Gretna has ben causing concern in the area after his car was parked outside a westlife concert with a note say "tell my family i was in charge of a great side"

coisty had his sicknote accepted but others were still missing, reports of talks with russian billionairre Ivana Yankov are well wide of the mark!

Albion march on! kura swears!!

kurashima after a jubilant 3-0 win against berwick said "we are rocking division 2" he then followed that up with "who the f@ck are rangers"

This was sure to set albion in good mood for a local clash against Airdie Utd but which news that SILVESTRO had been injured took the shine off the win.

Crashes mar night of joy for turps

On a month that seen turps get MOM also saw some hefty crashes. Turps was forced to change the hamster running in the wheel on his mac on numerous occasions. Afterwards turps was quoted as saying "****@"

Diack form sparks rumours of transfer

A series of high quality performances are causing clubs to take notice of young star Diack of Albion. Scouts have been down to cliftonhill to see what the fuss is about and nothing but glowing reports have been coming back. Performances over the next few sessions could se the young man seal a move away from Cliftonhill.

Evening Distress Classifieds

Wanted: Bottle

Bottle last seen in front of goal but has since been lost by all gretna strikers, if found return to Jim.

Ack Hell, I've ****ed up my screen grabs.

I cant remember the scores and who I played, (I know the results weren't important cos I was pish).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This clan is for Scots only,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean it is only my clan ?? .. lol .. **** I gotta get a life, bored as ****.

Guest sav112

Yeah my teams just as bad, 4 points I got out of that last session. Things will have to improve I went from 3rd to 5th . Mind you for some reason I had a forward in defence the first four games, I’ll have to watch who the hell I’m replacing my injured players with lol. Lesion learned.

Sav

Session report up soon.

Guest sav112

H East Stirling: 1-1 H

H Gretna 1-1 H

A Queens park 2-0 A

H Berwick (cup) 1-0 H

Montrose H 2-2 H

East fife away 2-1 A

Dumbarton 0-0 H

First up a home game to E.Stirling and were hopeful for the three points, but it was not to be. I good game with a few chances for us as we hit the post with Steph Raynes second shot his first hitting the back of the net. Big kev Gordon was the man to make the mistake and gift a goal. 1-1 a decent draw but I do feel points lost in our case as we were the better team.

Gretna

Yet another draw, and I think points lost but Gretna seem to be playing better. Iain Mauchlen was our goal scorer and MoM.

Away to queens park was very disappointing I think the change with some players returning from injury will halp 2-0 loss 2 points out of nine just is not good enough.

Cup game home to Berwick. A fantastic home win to get us back on track and a useful game to get no fewer than four players back in the team from injury. Iian scored 1-0.

Montrose home- a well played game and we only lost due to a dodgy penalty award.Iian scored both goals proving his place in the team.

East fife away- a very disappointing game and one I feel we should have won. With the first choice strike force out the two new boys did there best up front. 2-1

Dumbarton- with their injuries this should have been three points but yet again another boring draw. 0-0

Stewart Robertson “ I very disappointing few weeks with the only highlight being the cup win over Berwick, yes the team has injuries to our forwards and the team was swapped around to much for my liking, hopefully the injuries will clear up and the team can get chance bond.â€

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 3rd and Thursday 10th July 2003

Dear Supporters,

First of all, let me apologise for the lack of updates recently. This is due to a heavy workload at the present time. As a result, this article is a double session, including last week’s results.

We welcomed Pete Abraham’s Morton to our home and despite having Kyle, Greilich and Petric missing, ran out comfortable 2-0 winners. Neal Clague found the breakthrough when he tapped home a rebound from a super parry by Hughes and the big English striker stuck again on the stroke of half time. Our defending was superb against a capable side, with Morton unable to mount a single attack on our goal.

Stewart Robertson has made his Cowdenbeath side very difficult to beat and as they had the best defensive record in the league, it came as little surprise that played a protective style to hold out for a 0-0 draw. We had no less than 15 shots on target during the game, but were unable to find the net thanks to some poor finishing and excellent goalkeeping. A plus point came from our defending as once again the opposition were stopped from threatening our goal.

However our defenders were to have an off day when we travelled to Ross Turpie’s East Stirlingshire. With just 2 minutes gone, Snee raced away on the break to fire our hosts ahead, before sneaking in at the back post to bag a second. A Welch own goal gave us a glimmer of hope, but despite deserving a point, we were unable to find an equaliser and left with nothing.

It was important to bounce back from such a defeat, and I was delighted with the player’s response when Gary Toner brought his Queens Park side to visit. We were given the added incentive of settling an old score after they had beaten us 3-1 earlier this season and even with Petric, Reid, Murray, Burgess and Kyle all out, we simply owned. Nicholas rose to meet a Mortimer corner kick and head us a goal up and even when Clague had a goal chopped off, we quickly made it 2-0 thanks to Nicholas again. Two close range goals from Clague made the points secure, but there was still time for Nicholas to bag his hat trick and Deane to get on the score sheet, completing a highly impressive 6-0 win, which was marred slightly by the actions of Spiders player Scharer; who was sent off for violent conduct.

Playing in Gretna is never an easy experience, but once again I was delighted with our finishing to notch up a comfortable 3-0 win. A Clague hat trick, with two of his goals coming from seemingly impossible angles, ensured victory and avoided any potential slip ups.

Such top class finishing saw Clague rightly being awarded the Bells 3rd Division Player of the Month. It was another award to add to his ever growing collection,

However despite the glut of goals in our previous two fixtures, we found the East Fife of Chris Nicol very difficult to break down. We ran the show, but could only sneak a win thanks to super sub Brian Deane heading home to give us a 1-0 victory.

The visit of Murray Etherington’s Elgin saw us bag another 3 points by running out 2-0 winners. Maxwell headed us in front at a corner kick just before the interval and Clague doubled our advantage just 2 seconds after the restart. It was another superb performance from the players, who continued their highly impressive defending of late with another clean sheet. The win also propelled us 10 points clear of our nearest rivals, with the only bad news coming from Philip Scott’s injury and he is expected to be out for around a month.

Kenny Wilson has been under pressure at Dumbarton, so I was sure he’d have his players fired up for our visit. However three goals inside the first 20 minutes got us off to the best possible start. Dean scored two within 16 minutes and when Clague’s powerful shot slipped past the keeper to make it 3-0, the game was killed off. The remaining minutes were a drab affair, but we managed to make it 4-0 when Nicholas literally strolled through the defensive line and past the keeper to knock the ball over the line, giving our fans an early Christmas present.

The reopening of the transfer window saw some players come and go. Chris Reid has moved to Nairn County in exchange for young defender Garry Ewing, who I anticipate will progress into a fine player. Also leaving is Myles Hogarth, who joins Dumbarton and is replaced by another promising youngster, Craig Samson, a goalkeeper from Hibs. It is quite possible that there will be more transfer additions before the transfer deadline. Watch this space.

With a Boxing Day clash against our nearest league rivals Montrose, we grabbed the chance to go 13 points clear at the top with a 1-0 win. Nicholas punched straight up the middle of the field to slot home and extend our cushion at the top of the division.

The league campaign is well on track and I am delighted with the way in which the team is progressing. With your continued support, we can ensure that promotion is achieved.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

### Shire's Winter of Content ###

The cold deteriotaing conditions are proving favourable for Shire as the last session saw an almighty jump of 4 places propelling East Stirling back into the promtion race after a jittery and inconsistant start to the season. With half the season now gone, Shire are only 5 points behind 2nd Spot and have strengthened accordingly as the winter transfer window has now opened. Boss Turps showed again his expertease in the transfer market bringing in another dozen players on free transfers. Some good experienced pro's were among the new faces including defensive stalwart Brian Reid from Falkirk, the 'flying pig' Andy Goram from Q.O.S, Defender Stuart Balmer from Boston Utd, Ex St. Johnston target man Greame Jones and Defensive anchorman David Hannah who would become the new club skipper. This season Shire are in a better position than last at the same stage. The squad is now packed with experience and descent youth players so a good run in like last season is distinct possability. The next few games will show if Shire have the hunger and bottle to go that step further. If we can stay in contention till the last few games anything can happen. Rival teams have strengthened also so maintaing the good form will be difficult. The spirit in the dressing room is high. Turps's troops believe!

22.11.03 Cowdenbeath 1 EAST STIRLING 1

There dirty and there smelly, they come form Lochgelly, they huvny got a

telly, the Cowden Family.........Sav's Blue Brazil were in good form of late

and took a first half lead through youngster Stephen Raynes. Shire battled

back and equalized through George Snee. Leon Osman was given his marching

orders in the 65th for 2 yellow's, so on the whole hanging on with 10 men

and sraping a point away was very pleasing.

26.11.03 EAST STIRLING 2 Queens Park 0

At last a home win and much needed points. Gaz's poofy queens came to Firs

Park and defended atrociously. Marvelous Marvin Robinson did the damage with

a superb early brace sending the hampden homo's away empty handed.

29.11.03 EAST STIRLING 2 Morton 1

Ton gaffer Coisty was absent again as he was on some poncy scouting mission

in the highlands somewhere. It would not have mad much of a difference had

been here as his team of jobless soapdodgers failed to muster any challenge.

Alex Williams escaped unscathed however despite a barrage of crunching Shire

tackles. Or maybe he just typified the Ton bawbags and their lack of bottle.

13.12.03 EAST STIRLING 4 Dumbarton 1

Another good home performance saw Shire steamroller 'Scots' not so mighty sons of the rock, and collect another 3 points. Chris Llewellyn baggedd a brace in the 1st and last minute. Unlucky for Sons as Paul Bernard scored a peach in the 13th minute. Leon Osmand complied the misery for 'Scots' Dumbarton Dumbos.

20.12.03 Gretna 1 EAST STIRLING 1

Greeting Gretna Were Gafferless for this game and the rescent absence of Boss Hastie obviously was the reason for the rescent good form of late. All things considered a draw was a fair result despite loosing a late equaliser to some wee gook called Lau!. Sadly Shire's 100% record against Jim'bhoys' was broken, but any points away from home are welcomed, even to some woodenspoon merchants.

26.12.03 EAST STIRLING 3 East Fife 1

Snee,Snee Super Snee! Snee, Snee Super Snee! Snee, Snee Super Snee! Super Georgie Snee! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

icon_biggrin.gif whats happened to dogs no post in the scottish clan thread for ages will he be getting a warning!!!for not posting after every session as is required by the rules on the webby!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Mans allowed a Holiday Ricardo son!

Which hes just taken , and returned, and with good results. Division 2 updates coming from both sides shortly i suspect.

Elgin City Session Review

After some terrible sessions, mostly down to poor form, awful defending and many prolonged crashes Elgin have eventually turned the corner.

I have no justfication for this really, out of the 4 games played, we won only half, but it was the last performance of the night that impressed me so much. Mainly because the new defenders came in and looked good.

The first game was a Scottish Cup game against non-league Annan. After Bailey had given the black and whites an early lead I was hoping that this would give us the confidence to go on and crush Annan. However Munro headed the non-leaguers back into the match shortly after. However with Myles on top form and looking very lively up front the Borough Briggs boys were soon back in front. After missing some good chances I changed things around a little bringing on young Bremner and Benjamin with 20 minutes to go. Benjamin took his chance with both hands, scoring one and setting up Bremner to finally crush the brave Annan. Hind, a defender!!, picked up the Man of the Match award.

Elgin 4 Annan 1

We have known for a long time that the big problem for Elgin was defending. The two central defenders seemed to be lacking in height or any heading capablity and this was brutally exploited by the champions elect, Stirling. We went away from home with the sole purpose of getting a draw. We set out to defend (possibly not the best idea with such a sieve like defence) but the last time we faced Ally's team they pummelled us big time. However, Maxwell (header) and Clague (header) on 45 and 46 minutes respectively destroyed our chances. Stirling looked very strong both up front and at the back, but with both Mackay (subbed after 46 minutes) and Tully only picking up a match rating of 4 each the poor defensive qualities of these two players was on show for all to see. We picked up some valuable lessons and in terms of the first match it was an improvement.

Stirling 2 Elgin 0

We then went from the top team to the form team in the space of a week. Again we were away from home and again I went for defensive unit looking for a quick breakaway. Although Montrose were sitting second top they are not quite in Stirling's class so I was quietly confindent. the game started well and the best chance of the game came for Elgin as Myles broke free of the defence and smashed a low drive past the keeper. Somehow though the keeper got a touch to it and it was cleared off the line. That was before Kerrigan struck the winner for 'Trose, again from another header. Highlights for the black and whites was the performance of keeper Pirie who had just returned from injury. However, Teasdale - drafted in to replace the awful Mackay - was very disappointing and may well be heading for the door at City. Man of the match was won by Law (Montrose), although I can't help thinking that if a draw had been picked up Pirie would have certainly have had a shout.

Montrose 1 Elgin 0

Before the final game of the session the winter transfer window was opened and this let me bring in some of our long term targets Chris Casper, a new central defender, and Lee Sharp, a left back to help take the strain off of young Mulgrew, and Alex Martin, a young striker.. Casper, in particular, has been earmarked to play an important role in the remainder of the season. It is hoped that him, another signing due in early January, and Hind will form the central defence that will help propel us up the table. Sharp has been brought in to help strengthen the squad as we are light in the left back region and Martin is a quick young striker who will also add depth to the attacking regions with the other 5 strikers. As for departures it looks as though Teasdale and Whitmarsh (a summer signing who has not hit the heights expected) could be on the way out.

The final game was against the mighty Morton. They have suffered a major collapse and with new signings Casper and Sharp in the line up the fans at Borrough Briggs were in bhoyant mood. This was a cracking game with real end to end action. Elgin created some great chances against a very flat looking Ton back line. Bailey notched up a very good hat-trick, and justly was given the man of the match award, and young Myles added another 2 but in all honestly it could have been 10. However, the black and whites did not have it all their own way as Boylan also smashed home a triple from only 4 chances, an impressive strike rate. In terms of player performances for Elgin, Casper played very well and looked a good acquistion with Sharp being solid without being spectacular. However both Pirie and Tully were poor. Tully had the job of marking Boylan and made a pigs ear of it and Pirie looked very suspect at two of the goals. All in all though with another central defender joining the back line should be improved and with Pirie having a few weeks of training with this new lineup things should be looking up for the Elgin City support.

Elgin 5 Morton 3

Guest sav112

Hey Turps, I can almost smell your BBQ now, is it not a crime to make fellow players in the clan jealous and hungry. It’s one thing to win games in the league without distracting all the managers, I’ll tell you this guy tries every dirty trick in the book, I mean hands up who wont be thinking of that BBQ just before we come on tonight.

And don’t you dare come on and tell us you’ve got a big plate of chicken wings or that sensational Burger in a bun beside your mac.

Anyone if you see a large plume of dark smoke tonight just before 7pm it’s probably just Turps just before he calls the fire brigade in.

Sav

C U all later.

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived