The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sav112

I hope Ally and Gaz remember us when they hit division two, I’ll probably be on a beating tonight with the moral thing killing my team big time, I was doing well till EP5 I was only 5 behind Gaz back then, I think its more like ten now lol

Question: has anyone lost their job yet in the clan? Because I must be close after about the nine matches lost in a row. Hopefully if I survive after next session and a new season the blue Brazil will bounce back.

Do you think the lads in Div2 will make it up?

Hopefully we’ll get more than two matches played this time.

Sav.

### EAST STIRLING - COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU ARE HARD ENUFF! ###

We are Shire...super Shire ..no one likes u we dont care...We hate Morton...manky Barstewards and we'll chase them every where.

The team may be struggling of late but we are fighting for every scrap both on and off the pitch. Shire mobbed up and tooled up ready for some claret spilling on the crappielow manor! Coisty's Soap dodgers got totally rumbled by the Shire Service Crew despite the boys loosing it on the pitch. The Ton bawbags are all mouth no trousers as thier fake pods, OP jumpers and farrah trousers were seen scurrying for cover from the bloodthirsty Shire hordes.

17.1.04 Stirling Albion 4 EAST STIRLING 1

Claugue and Stirling owned and we will forever be their baitches. Ally's Army Rock!

24.1.04 EAST STIRLING 1 East Fife 2

Despit an early lead the Fifers got 2 spawny goals to dump luckless Shire oot the Scottish Cup. We have really struggled against them, Smelly Fifers....pftt!

31.1.04 Morton 3 EAST STIRLING 0

No soap in Greenock........oh there is no soap in Greenock....no soap in Greenock........Oh ther is no soap in Greenock! Smelly Ton runaway...runaway...

2002_07_10.jpg

Coisty's club motor gets the 'malky' off the Shire service Crew!

You Are my Rovers , My Only Rovers , You Make Me Happy , And Airdrie's Gay

Yes , another up and down session for Lanarkshires favourite sons sees a Scottish Cup exit at the hands of some unknown glasgow club, and , unfortunately , a falling away in the title credentials .... Forfar & Peterhead to go up this season , put your money on it boys

Albion 3 - 1 Berwick

Easy Start to the session. Diack pulls the strings , McLean is the puppet , and Berwick are muppets. Easy Easy Easy

Scottish Cup

Rangers 2 - 0 Albion

Funny , but for a bunch of unknowns from Glasgow, this Rangers mob can play a bit. Two goals from some unknown overpaid Dutchman put paid to Albions exploits , but a paycheck of £350k meant theyll be back , bigger and stronger next season.

Airdrie United 0 - 0 Albion Rovers

*grumble* 2 points dropped and those blackneck Airdrie ****bags pick up an undeserved point , and put paid to the promotion challenge.

All in all , a pretty unsatisfactory session. The money will come in handy , but next season , not this one. Peterhead and Forfar are now too far ahead to catch this year , so its time to blood the youngsters and see what next season will bring.

Oh , and anyone making a decent offer , Porsteinsson is for sale. I kid you not!

The Spiders Web

The dawning of a nightmare?

The last session was a total nightmare as game after game chance after chance went begging and points were lost, maybe the lads are struggling with the pressure but whatever it is will have to be stamped out soon before all chance of promotion is gone.

Borrough Briggs was the destition as we looked to close the gap on first place Stirling but it wasn't to be as chance after chance went begging Steven McAdam the leagues top goalscorer at the time was guilty of missing about 3 clear cut chances even the experinced veteren Eddie Annand failed to hit the target i guess it was just one of those game. Things went from bad to worse as Ostemobor failed to convert the spot kick that would have put us one up but the football gods had something else up there sleeve as Bailey went up the field to put Elgin 1-0 up and if that wasn't enough two minutes from time the pressure was telling as Paul Kane was sent off after having a go at the referre.

Elgin City 1 - 0 Queens Park

We looked to put last weeks dissapointment behind us as we looked to halt Stirling's run as they came to Hampden. But once again the luck wasn't on our side as Stirling ran out winners and in doing so ended our 100% home record. A ried own goal put us in the lead for all of 10 minutes until Nicholas finished off a good move for the visitors to equlise, Mortimer added the winner just after half time in a action packed game.

Queens Park 1 - 2 Stirling

The oppenants Kilmarnock the competition the Scottish Cup 3rd round the venue Hampden Park, that's right it was cup day the smell of a upset was in the air however our recent form was true to well form i guess as this was another game of if's and buts. On loan forward Paul Keegan came in for Steven McAdam who had to settle for a place on the bench and it was Keegan who made an impact 10 minutes into the game when he turned up to put Queens Park 1-0 up it wasn't to last long however as Alan Mahood equalised for the away side less than 3 minutes later i guess my defence was still celebrating the opening goal. Kris Boyd sturk 5 minutes later to put Kilmarnock 2-1 up and that was about all the action until the 64 minute when a beautifully crafted goal by Craig Dargo extended Killie's lead and that was that as they say, we knew our chance was finally gone when Eddie Annand was sent off 10 minutes from time for a late challenge but even that didn't phase us as Steven McAdam slotted home a late consolation but that was all it was.

Queens Park 2 - 3 Kilmarnock

League business was back as we looked to put the our failed cup dream behind us and we looked to put our awful form behind us. It was a game of few chances down at Central park as Cowdenbeath took the game to us but Eddie Annand stroked home the opening goal and what turned out the be the game's only goal 5 minutes before half time, we were back on the winning line and had bagged ourselfs a crucial 3 points.

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Queens Park

Gary Toner

Guest sav112

The Blue Brazil

Dumbarton A 1-2

With both teams struggling it was always going to be hard. The manager had hard words with some of his players and they took it on board with a needed win. With Dumbarton equalizing in the 69 minute we thought it was at most 1 point in the bag and it took some fine play down the wing and Knox to kill the game with a goal in the 81st. MoM Darren Baillie was solid in mid-field and moral has to be booted after so many losses over the last eight games.

East fife H 2-0 icon_smile.gif

With some nice passing and with Knox regaining his form he got a great first goal. MoM Graham was fantastic in our back 4 and scored the killer penalty. Young Steven bell fresh back from months of injury is becoming a force again up the right wing.

Gretna A 5-4 icon_eek.gif

Gretna had the home advantage and it might have edged it. With them getting 5 goals and us with 4 it was a great game to watch. Knox 3 and Christie 1 made it a memorable game even though we lost the manager was well pleased by the effort of his players.

Montrose Away 2-0 icon_rolleyes.gif

Hopefully the moral will not plummet after this after the team had played so well. The manager played our cd in mid field for so reason probably because the dim wit did not look at the team after the friendly. Lesion learned.

Elgin H 5-0 icon_razz.gif

Iian Mauchlen 3 goals and Steven bell 1 and Christie with a good goal. A fantastic passing game that Elgin simply could not cope with. With Elgin missing there only real chance at goal the Blue Brazil just walked over them convincingly and showed a real improvement over the last game against Elgin. icon_smile.gif

Words of the Manager icon_wink.gif

“It’s a vast improvement from the last few months and we changed the system for these last five games and it seems to have worked with 3 wins out of 5. I have basically worked on the tactics and moved on to single player tactics within the team. As the games are running out I will be happy with a few places higher in the table.

sav

Guest sav112

The Blue Brazil

Dumbarton A 1-2

With both teams struggling it was always going to be hard. The manager had hard words with some of his players and they took it on board with a needed win. With Dumbarton equalizing in the 69 minute we thought it was at most 1 point in the bag and it took some fine play down the wing and Knox to kill the game with a goal in the 81st. MoM Darren Baillie was solid in mid-field and moral has to be booted after so many losses over the last eight games.

East fife H 2-0 icon_smile.gif

With some nice passing and with Knox regaining his form he got a great first goal. MoM Graham was fantastic in our back 4 and scored the killer penalty. Young Steven bell fresh back from months of injury is becoming a force again up the right wing.

Gretna A 5-4 icon_eek.gif

Gretna had the home advantage and it might have edged it. With them getting 5 goals and us with 4 it was a great game to watch. Knox 3 and Christie 1 made it a memorable game even though we lost the manager was well pleased by the effort of his players.

Montrose Away 2-0 icon_rolleyes.gif

Hopefully the moral will not plummet after this after the team had played so well. The manager played our cd in mid field for so reason probably because the dim wit did not look at the team after the friendly. Lesion learned.

Elgin H 5-0 icon_razz.gif

Iian Mauchlen 3 goals and Steven bell 1 and Christie with a good goal. A fantastic passing game that Elgin simply could not cope with. With Elgin missing there only real chance at goal the Blue Brazil just walked over them convincingly and showed a real improvement over the last game against Elgin. icon_smile.gif

Words of the Manager icon_wink.gif

“It’s a vast improvement from the last few months and we changed the system for these last five games and it seems to have worked with 3 wins out of 5. I have basically worked on the tactics and moved on to single player tactics within the team. As the games are running out I will be happy with a few places higher in the table.

sav

SIGN ON , SIGN ON , WITH DOLE IN YOUR HEARTS , AND YOULL NEVER GET A JOB , YOULL NEEEEEEVER GET , A JOB

Yes, it was time once again for the Rovers brigade to accept their season was over , and to simply abuse the living hell out of any clubs that came near them. First up , Alloa.

Alloa 0 - 2 Albion Rovers

Scoreline says it all. The Wasps lacked any sting and the Rovers walked all over them .. ho ho!

Peterhead 2 - 3 Albion Rovers

Well , the northern blacknecks , and title favourites , clearly expected to walk this one, with Albion being off sorts of late. However some fantastic counter attacking football put paid to the lamentable home team, and sent them off to another miserable week gutting fish and having incestuous relationships. Manager Holligan thought the game was in the bag so much, he didnt show up , preferring instead to be 200 miles away in Gretna with a pair of Brass Knuckles and a bad attitude.

Albion 2 - 0 Forfar

Now this was the biggie. With Peterhead already having pretty much sewn up the title , it was down to who got 2nd place, and this victory returned Albion to the promotion chase , closing to within 3 points when having previously been 9 behind with 9 games to go. The superb finishing of Charlie McLean and Magnus Sverrir Porsteinsson again proving the catalyst for a solid win.

SFA to investigate post-match comments from warring managers

The SFA today announced that inbetween junkets ... err , i mean "Fact Finding Missions" to countries most of us can barely spell , they have decided to look into comments made by the respective managers of Peterhead and Gretna following a recent "Friendly" match. The crowd were amazed when in the 63rd minute , a Gretna equalizer resulted in Blue Toon manager Alex Holligan running full tilt towards the opposition dugout, threatening to "Do over that wee blackneck ba*%*rd". Even more astonishing was when the entire Gretna coaching staff then lunged towards the away dugout offering Holligan a "Square Go ya manky wee c*%t".

Despite reports to the contrary. neither side has yet appointed Donald Findlay QC to defend them, nor signed Terry Hurlock as an assistant manager.

Actually in the cool light of day and after the red mist has subsided, and the effects of two bottles of pinot grigio have worn off, the peterhead manager realises that he was bang out of order icon_wink.gif

more likely to offer jim a pint than actually offer him outside lol icon_wink.gif

anyway as for Bosco he can remain banned the w**nker icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

Actually in the cool light of day and after the red mist has subsided, and the effects of two bottles of pinot grigio have worn off, the peterhead manager realises that he was bang out of order icon_wink.gif

more likely to offer jim a pint than actually offer him outside lol icon_wink.gif

anyway as for Bosco he can remain banned the w**nker icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol typical mod! all mouth no trousers ya sh¡tebag icon_wink.gif

Onwards & Upwards

Another session and the Gretna bandwagon keeps on rolling. icon_smile.gif

Game 1

The visitors for the opening game were promotion chasing Queen's Park so this would be a good test for the lads. our improved form had is in 8th but we were right on the tales of the mid-table pack. Our home record has improved and in a close fought match we sent the weegies away with no points.

Gretna 2 QP 1

Game 2

This was a match where defences were easily on top, of what I know not but it wasn't the opposition strikers. The Cowdenbeath lads arrived with an attacking philosophy and the entertainment value was high. We opened the scoring in the 1st minute only to be pegged back 4 minutes later, within 6 minutes we were ahead again and by the 30th minute the score had reached 4-1 in our favour and 4-2 by HT. The 2nd half was no different as goals in and in the hour we were 5-2 up. The Blue Brazil never stopped though and by the 90th minute it was a 1 goal ball game once again. We hung on and in a match where football an Gretna was the winner another 3pts were secured.

Gretna 5 Cowdenbeath 4

Game 3

We travelled to Mouthy manager Turperoonies Shire next and in a well balanced game matched them well, only a disallowed goal late in the game stopped us from leaving with all 3 pts but overall I was happy with the point.

East Stirling 1 Gretna 1

Game 4

In front of 1,810 fans (Did they test this game) we entertained the Forces of Darkness next we missed a chance at 0-0 but we were necer gonna win this one and 2 goals before HT sealed our fate.

Gretna 0 Huns 2

Game 5

A trip to Greenock and promotion chasing Morton next. Another battling performance from the boys and with a bit of luck at the other end we left with all 3 pts and the climb up the league continued.

Morton 0 Gretna 1

Game 5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2 Pts ahead of Gretna, I am ashamed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A home game against East Fife next with the above comment posted on the dressing room door so no need for a pre-match teamtalk

icon_biggrin.gif . It was a close match but with goals in the 6th & 50th minute we deservedly won this one and the ashamed Fifers manger can be even more ashamed as his team are now 1 pt behind my lads.

Gretna 2 East Fife 1

Onwards & Upwards and last seasons whipping boys now sit 3rd in the league.

On a different subject rumours that the bluetoon have WMD are unfounded as it has been revealed that it was just the drink talking. icon_wink.gif and he hasn't been sexed up by Alistair Campbell the BBC state. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

wow Jim its amzing what a few points in the bag does to your match reports...Sing when yer winning.....you only sing when yer........?icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funnily enough you seem to be going in the opposite direction with your reports. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

haha dont make me laff Jimbo'bhoy' we all no yer just a glory hunter deep doon. Ive put ma time in on this poxy forum unlike some.....so dont geez any o yer pish icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That last report of yours wasn't very long, surely you aren't lost for words. You are the banter man, or is that mouthy man can't quite tell the difference sometime icon_wink.gif

haha dont make me laff Jimbo'bhoy' we all no yer just a glory hunter deep doon. Ive put ma time in on this poxy forum unlike some.....so dont geez any o yer pish icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That last report of yours wasn't very long, surely you aren't lost for words. You are the banter man, or is that mouthy man can't quite tell the difference sometime icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

That last report of yours wasn't very long, surely you aren't lost for words. You are the banter man, or is that mouthy man can't quite tell the difference sometime icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The days of "Greetin Gretna" are long gone, but the days of "Griping Gretna" are just beginning.

Fergie was told "Youll never win anything with kids"

Well Jimbo , "Youll never win anything with Pish"

A GREAT EXAMPLE OF JIMBHOYS IN DEPTH MATCH REPORTS FROM EARLIER IN THE NETGAME!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

_I'm Sh!te and I Know I Am_

A good session game wise as Gretna managed to get 7 games played during the session, sadly we won none. The problem for me is that I don't know if it's sh!te tactics I have, is it sh!te players I have..........or am I just sh!te at CM4. icon_frown.gif

For the record the session results were:

_League_

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Stirling 9 Gretna 2

Gretna 0 Cowdenbeath 1

East Stirling 3 Gretna 0

Gretna 1 Queen's Park 1

Morton 4 Gretna 0

</pre>

_League Cup_

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Gretna 1 Stranraer 1 (Gretna won 3-2 on pens

Livingston 3 Gretna 0

</pre>

For the majority of games we don't even manage any attacking play despite playing an attacking formation, ah well as I've typed this I know realise a common denominator here.

_I'm Sh!te and I Know I Am_

MLC

icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gifLOL JIM YE CANNY KID A KIDDER! icon_wink.gif

ponchsays.jpg

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 31/07/03

Dear Supporters,

It is with much joy and relief that I write the notes for a team that will be play 2nd Division football next year. The season is still far from over, but the pressure is now more or less off as we are safe in the knowledge that promotion is now a mathematic certainty. I’m thrilled with our accomplishments and I extend my thanks to the players, who have worked so hard to make our dream a reality.

Despite the gulf in class between us and the rest of the league, our road to success has not been easy and another bump came when we visited Sandy Thomson’s Montrose. Petric’s dismissal after a minute for shirt pulling left us struggling, but we took a surprise lead when Nicholas bundled the ball over the line from a tight angle. I felt Petric’s sending off was hard but fair, however I was not so willing to accept the dismissal of Neal Clague for tripping an opponent. Such decisions cost points and with just 9 men on the park, fitness levels began to be pushed to the limit as we tried to hold on. Unfortunately, Kerrigan found a gap in our defensive screen to equalise and just when it looked like we’d escape with a point, McConalouge raced through to net a late winner. It was a real sickener and I must praise those 9 players who deserved to take something from the game.

Our last game against Kenny Wilson’s Dumbarton side left us with a humiliating defeat and I was determined that such embarrassment would not be repeated. Injury problems gave reservist Stuart Skidmore his first start of the season and I was delighted with his contribution when called upon. But it was the skill of Nicholas that won us the points as he raced onto a long ball from Mortimer before firing home to catch Dumbarton on the counter. The tricky attacker added a second later on in similar style, racing on to a forward pass and coolly rounding the keeper to slot home.

The trip to Chris Nicol’s East Fife was made with a skeleton team, with the talents of Clague, Kyle, Deane, Ferdinand, Miller, Murray, Maxwell, Lennon and Schumacher all denied to us. With such a crisis, I had to forage my reserve side to give us a team capable of winning and the veteran George Shaw answered my call by donning his boots for what might turn out to be the last time.

However we were again reduced to 10 men early on as Reid was given his marching orders after just 6 minutes, forcing us to dig deep and show what we were made of.

Off came George Shaw for a replacement defender, giving Nicholas a mammoth task upfront on his own. But the boy has bags of talent and I was delighted when he gave us a lead by finishing in his typical clinical style.

Gilbert’s equaliser for East Fife had me worrying and I confess that I’d have settled for a draw until Branch got his first goal for the club, netting what I assumed would be a late winner. However we were punished for conceding a silly free kick in injury time as Lee stepped forward to bend a shot around the wall and into the top corner.

Stupid mistakes also cost us dearly in our Tennent’s Scottish Cup 4th Round tie with Aberdeen. Given our epic victory over Dundee United (whatever became of that lad, what was his name, McCall?), I felt that we had a good chance of overcoming another SPL side and progressing to the next stage. However a moment of madness saw Petric handball in the box, letting the visitors go in front with a Sheerin penalty. Young then raced through to make it two and Delomeoux’s rocket from the edge of the area made it 3-0 before half time. We looked dead and buried, but a lifeline presented itself when Kyle poked home near the end and Ferdinand earned and converted a penalty injury time, but it was just too late to cause another upset and our cup dream ends for another season.

I have to admit that I was highly impressed with new gaffer Simon Lynn’s Elgin side when we went calling and they simply owned us right from kick off. Young Potter conjured up some magic to find the net and when Maxwell handballed in the box, Tully scored from the spot to send us back down the road in shame.

That shame continued to burn my cheeks (steady lads) for the start of our game against Pete Abraham’s Morton, but by the end of the game, I was proud of not only the result, but the fact that we had secured promotion. Going behind to Notman’s tap in after a minute was an appalling start to the game and a bizarre series of penalties were to shape an unforgettable encounter. Firstly, Greilich missed one for us and Bradshaw put the visitors two up by converting one at the other end. Clague then scored a scrappy rebound before Greilich was able to redeem himself by firing home from 12 yards after a hand ball in the box. Clague’s angled drive gave us the lead and when Nicholas scored with a sublime chip on 85 minutes I was jumping for joy. There was still time for one more as Clague’s header floated over the keeper and into the net, capping our victory and our promotion.

We still have a few games left before the end of the season and while I need to keep my eye on the championship ball, I’m also aware that I’m in a position to give some of the more inexperienced players their chance to shine. I’m now looking forward to sticking the red and white ribbons on the league trophy and leading my side into the dizzy heights of the 2nd Division.

Enjoy Promotion!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

_### EAST STIRLING - COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU ARE HARD ENUFF! ###_

_We are Shire...super Shire ..no one likes u we dont care...We hate Morton...manky Barstewards and we'll chase them every where. _

The team may be struggling of late but we are fighting for every scrap both on and off the pitch. Shire mobbed up and tooled up ready for some claret spilling on the crappielow manor! Coisty's Soap dodgers got totally rumbled by the Shire Service Crew despite the boys loosing it on the pitch. The Ton bawbags are all mouth no trousers as thier fake pods, OP jumpers and farrah trousers were seen scurrying for cover from the bloodthirsty Shire hordes.

_17.1.04 Stirling Albion 4 EAST STIRLING 1_

Claugue and Stirling owned and we will forever be their baitches. Ally's Army Rock!

_24.1.04 EAST STIRLING 1 East Fife 2_

Despit an early lead the Fifers got 2 spawny goals to dump luckless Shire oot the Scottish Cup. We have really struggled against them, Smelly Fifers....pftt!

_31.1.04 Morton 3 EAST STIRLING 0_

No soap in Greenock........oh there is no soap in Greenock....no soap in Greenock........Oh ther is no soap in Greenock! Smelly Ton runaway...runaway...

http://www.newtimes.ru/eng/images/2002_07_10.jpg

Coisty's club motor gets the 'malky' off the Shire service Crew!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is Rosco's last post, for a man of so many words, verbal diahorrea mind, he seems to have had a bit of a verbal constipation,

Never mind you always have 'Tie me kangaroo down sport' to sing along to. icon_redface.gif

The Northern Scot Sport

Away we go again!!!

Away form continues to make a fool of Elgin as once again they cant find a point or even the net on thier travels.

morton 4-0 elgin

Elgin travelled to the sunny shores of Greenock for a glamour game against Morton, its fair to say the game can be summed up in one word SPANKED! Morton were all over elgin and that was only to get thier wallets during the game the owned elgin. after scoring one already Bradshaw rubbed it in more by guffing a pen to make tons victory look like a stroll.

Dumbarton 3-0 Elgin

Easy stuff for Dumbarton another pen given away by elgin that brown punished on the back of a brace from McCutcheon. Poop performance.

Elgin 1-0 Montrose

Slow game in which trose should have won but super sub Alex (Harry) Potter got the winner in the 78th min. Another good home win.

Elgin 2-0 Stirling

Up against the league leaders (and then champions) Potter on from the start and it paid off, potter got the first and craig tully wrapped it up with a pen proving that at home we are as good as anyone in the league. woo!

Cowdenbeath 5-0 Elgin

Another Dire performance away from home, beath deserved the win and should have scored more. "we are slowly running out of games away from home now and it is my mission to get at least one point away from home" Manager Simon Lynn stated at the after match press conference.

THE YOYO THAT IS TONS FORM!!

Abraham must be sitting at home wondering what he had to do!!! After finally getting into this Tactic malarki, his team started to play like some East Stirling Girly Brownie bragade.

The night started of well with a Home game against Elgin, and The Ton showed there true "First Division club in the Third division" mentality. Notman, Williams, Uotinen and a penalty nicely converted by Bradshaw saw off the visitors who had absolutly no answers in producing a single attempt at goal.

This should of been the beginnings of a glorious attempt at promotion, But then promotion rivals Queens Park took the high road to Greenock only excaped with a narrow defeat due to some herorics from Tons Debutant Keeper "Burch fae Tottenham". Bradshaw opened the scoring with a nicely converted penalty only for Judas, I mean Annand to plant a equaliser into the heavenly Tons goal. Super William seems to score in every game of late and this match was no differant as he scored a perfectly converted goal beyond The Glasgow mens Keeper.Uotinen put the Ton even further ahead in his second goal in 2 games. Spiders were not going to sit around and let us catch them in the league, and Annand scored his second before McLoughlin scored the equaliser. Boylan came on as a sub annd scored with his first touch to give the Ton the points. Although we won this game, it showed lack of consetration in defence, and we were biten the week after.

A trip to Montrose is never going to be easy, and Trose had been our Nightmare this season. This showed once again as our Defence gave McConologue a late christmas gift in our box and he slipped on through the returning Hughes. The game ended without much happening at eitrher end and this had to be the end of Tons protion dream.

Never mind, there was always the cup round 4 the fallowing week. Sheriden decided that he had set up enough goals, and he was gonna get one for himself, Partick Thistles Defence were too gob smacked to stop him and he blasted it into the premiership sides goal. A Ton game would not be complete without a goal from Alex Williams and he scored a nicely converter goal in the 41st minute. So of theTon went at half time with a smile on there faces only to get beat at full time due to a hattrick by Walker!!! Abraham wondered how the feck he had thrown away a comfortable two goal lead.

The moment that The Ton gave up the chase for Promotion was when Gretna came to Cappilow to not only humiliate us but also allow Prunty to take the points back to where ever Gretna is. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

We Travelled to Stirling with our heads down and it showed as Stirling scored 5 against us through a hatrick from Clague, Greilich and "mazey" Nicholas. Notman and Bradshaw did save some blushes for the Ton but after seeing the Table afterwards it was decided that there was no way we could catch Queens park for second place.

NEVER MIND, AT LEAST WE WILL FINISH AHEAD OF THE DIRTY BARSTEWARDS THAT ARE EAST STIRLING!!!

GameHeader.jpg

### Game up tonight at 7pm promt! with only about 7 league games left and two months to go in season 2 we have real chance of finishing the proceedings tonight if ther is no SLOW PLAY!.Once the final game is played i suggest we all go on hols to the 1st of July like last season if every one agrees. Good luck to all the teams who are challenging ###

P.s MurrayMinted, I sent u a mail, get in touch properly if yer interested icon_wink.gif

The Spiders Web

In a session that seen us open a 9 point gap between ourselves and 3rd place it was a session of ups and downs for our fans especially when it came to games like East Stirling and Morton.

Raydale Park sorry the Robert Smellie Memorial Park was our first stop on the road as we took on a rejuvenated Gretna side, Manager Jim Hastie must be delighted with the progress of his boys over the last season. Prutny finished off a good little move to put Gretna 1 up on the 5th minute and it wasn't till 15 minutes left on the clock before Queens Park and Paul Keegan equalised just when it looked like the spoils were going to be shared it was only to be undone by Prutny 5 minutes later as the home side took all 3 points.

Gretna 2 - 1 Queens Park

Cappielow Park the scene of many high scoring and exciting games was once again the venue and once again the game didn't dissapoint, well maybe from our point of view it did a Bradshaw penalty on the 2nd minute put Morton 1 up and from there it was game on as Williams added a brace and Uotinen all scored for Morton, Eddie Annand added his own brace and young McLaughlin got his first goal for the club but it wasn't enough and morton ran out winners.

Morton 4 - 3 Queens Park

Hampden park was next up and we were back at home the visitors this time being East Stirling in a game that had everything, penalties, Own goals, Red cards and goals chopped off. Big Marvin Robinson opened the scoring for East Stirling on the 6th minute and Chris Llewellyn added a 2nd for the visitors 5 minutes from half time, just when it looked like East Stirling were going to run out convincing winners along came Eddie Annand 3 minutes later to put us on the scoring sheet and back in touching distance. 5 minutes after half time Queens Park were reduced to 10 men when Paul Scharner was sent off once again and East Stirlings Van Der Deyl was the unfortunate guy who scored an own goal to draw the sides level, things went from bad to worse for Queens Park as Brendan Crozier was sent off on the 63rd minute reducing us to 9 men just when you thought the game could have any more action Eddie Annand supplied a winner 5 minutes from time to seal all 3 points for 9 men Queens Park.

Queens Park 3 - 2 East Stirling

East Fife were next up and once again we went on the road to New Bayview, where two stunning goals from Jonathon Whelen secured all 3 points for Queens in a game that other than the goals was stripped off any action.

East Fife 0 - 2 Queens Park

Home soil paid dividends once again as Dumbarton came to the spiders lair that is Hampden in a 5 star 5 goal performance from Queens Park Eddie Annand opened the scoring on the 2nd minute in what proved to be the first of his hat-trick, Jonathon Whelen added his 3rd of the season and Queens 2nd of the game 4 minutes later, Annand struck again on the stroke of half time to send Queens Park 3 nil up at the break, no longer than ten minutes had play resumed than Paul Keegan stepped up to put Queens 4 Up and Eddie Annand finished off his hat-trick in style 10 minutes from time.

Queens Park 5 - 0 Dumbarton

With a 9 point lead and 7 games left every game is crucial at this late stage and if we don't get promoted we will only have ourselves to blame.

Gary Toner

Gable Endies Late Push

Back again after another overseas junket Montrose gaffer Sandy Thomson was keen to see his team push for the top 4 position that he targeted at the beginning of the season.

Montrose 2 - 1 Stirling Albion

At home to league leaders and championship certs Stirling and the visitors got off to a bad start when Dundee United reject Petric was sent off for a disgraceful shirt pulling incident in the first minute. Although Stirling managed to score first it was surely only a matter of time until the home side punished the vistors. A goal each from Kerrigan and McConalogue and another hapless Stirling player sent for an early bath had the Montrose fans dancing in the streets at the final whistle.

Montrose 1 - 0 Morton

A fine tactical display from Trose as they overcame a strong Morton side. Switching to a 5 man midfield Montrose controlled the game from the start and a fine McConalogue strike ensured the points stayed at Links Park.

Elgin City 1 - 0 Montrose

Montrose first trip to Elgin since new gaffer Sy stepped in and a battling home performance. No one will look forward to visiting Elgin now and their magical sub Potter popped up to claim the points.

Montrose 2 - 0 Cowdenbeath

A wonderful attacking display of football against promotion chasing Blue Brazil. McConalogue again getting on the scoresheet with new signing Ure getting his debut goal in front of the singing fans.

East Stirlingshire 2 - 2 Montrose

Always a tough game against mouthy Shire. Another battling performance saw Montrose come from behind twice to secure a share of the spoils. McConalogue once again scoring but more pleasing was Shire reject Ure getting the second equaliser.

After a fine set of results the Trose Gaffer was awarded his first Manager of the Month award. Thomson paid tribute to his players for their recent performances and with the season nearly over set a target of promotion for next year.

_1091350_east_stirlingshire.gif### SHIRE MUST AIM HIGHER ###

Well with Season 2 now drawing to a close, Shire have struggled to maintain any credible challenge and are now looking to finish above the rival teams in the division. Lack of consistency and experience has been the factor this season as the bigger clubs in the division have strengthened well and performed when it mattered. The squad is still improving and the young Shire stars are getting more experience every game which all bodes well for the future. There have been other factors, but most the teams are struggling with the same restrictions in this very competitive netgame. The team will be strengthened further this summer and for now only concern is building for next season. Hers how last session games went.

7.2.04 East Fife 0 EAST STIRLING 3

Stevedog's Fifers have been somewhat a bogey team to Shire lately and the rescent defeats both in the league and the Scottish Cup had left a bitter taste at Firs Park. A tough away fixture was quickly simplified by 3 first half strikes from Shire's deadly duo Paul 'Mabozza' Ritchie and Marvelous Robinson. The Fifers had their chances but failed to hit the target unlike Shire who were menacing throughout.

11.2.04 EAST STIRLING 1 Gretna 1

I canny believe we dropped points to that Sh¡te! icon_rolleyes.gif

14.2.04 Queens Park 3 EAST STIRLING 2

This must have been the most unlucky performance the Shire have had in this netgame. Gaz's Spiderz have been a real force this season and are hot fav's to join Ally's Striling up to division 2 this season. It was with great surprise that we took a 2-0 goal lead in the first half away from home at the national stadium. Shire's luck turned tho when young GK Steven van der Deyl bungled and conceded an oggie! Spiderz Eddie Annand scored Brace to compile the misery. The defeat was even more amazing as dirty Queens Park were reduced to 9 men i the 2nd half due to their lack of discipline. How the Shire failed to capitilise I will never know. All credit to Queens gaffer Toner tho, his side had shown tremendous charcater and desire and look determined to get promotion.

28.2.04 Dumbarton 2 EAST STIRLING 1

Shire got off to another flyer away from home as John 'Zippy' Hendry scored a fine early strike in the 5th minute. Dumbarton gaffer Kenny 'Scots' had gone awol before the game and his team obviously were releaved of his absence as they performed superbly battling back to win by a late strike through Shandran. Shire were unlucky to get anything out the game and looked certain to fade into mid table mediocrity.....

6.3.04 EAST STIRLING 2 Montrose 2

Although Shire had more of the play and chances this game was pretty even as both teams came from behind to salvage something from the game. Both Shire and Trose's form had been indifferent of late and the draw was probably fair. Former Shire youngster Derek Ure grabbed the vital equaliser for the Gable Endies coming back to Haunt the Shire. Gaffer Turps was not too exasperated tho, as overall the team was performing well and constantly improving.

exploding-head.gif

This game can be so bloody frustrating......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffduke:

surely this league table is upside doon wi jim so high up the league. ye must be sufferin fae vertigo jimbouy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big Nosebleed Jeff, and I have just beaten Turperoonie in the last few minutes. icon_smile.gif

Guest sav112

Stirling A 2-1

We held Stirling all the way, the team only lost its shape after an injury in the 77 to Neeson. Again Knox on target. But seriously disappointing to lose the point that was badly needed at this stage in the season. For an away game it’s a fair result.

Morton H 2-2

After the sending off in the first half 12 min and giving away a penalty it was a point well earned but the manager new it was more like 2 lost as Cowden were still the better team with only ten men.

East Stirling H 2-0

With our home form I thought we could get points here. With goals form Knox 4 min and Christie 61 the manager reverted to a defensive stance to hold out. The only bad point was the loss to injury of Baillie. The points were needed and the team responded.

East Fife A 7-1

The team was simply never on the park, Robertosn appeared to have totally confused his team with changes, East fife were over them like fly’s on a ****, and Cowden were that ****.

Queens Park A 3-0

The manager took full blame for this game as he decided to continue with his home formation. The manager said lesions had been learned on a tactical level and would think twice adopting this formation away from home. But credit due Queen Parks have been excellent this season.

“ A word from The Managerâ€

The manager would like to wish Gary Toner all the best for the next season and a well done on their promotion to division two. His team proved to have the bottle to last all season. I am sure our paths will meet again, and I am sure his two seasons fighting in division 3 will stand him good stead.

With two games to go any points will be welcome, at worst eighth position is on the cards but if results go our way we could get seventh. It been a good learning curve this first season learning the ins and out of home and away tactics and I feel given that we only need a few good player to add to a good squad to push for next season the team is in good shape. It’s been a getting to know the team exercise for most of this season but the Cowden hope to do the damage when the league starts up again.

With the new budget I hope to bring in an experienced central defender and right back along with an attacking mid player that plays on the right and I am always on the look out for a striker although we have quite a few on or books that are getting better all the time and a new youngster waiting in the wings.

sav

The Northern Scot Sport

ELGIN WIN.....AWAY!!!

People were celebrating in the streets of Elgin last night as new gaffer Simon Lynn managed the biggest miricle in history, no he didnt turn wine into water he did something that even jesus would find it hard to believe, he got a win away from home!

Elgin 2 - 4 East Stirling

A home game first to start the session and we Elgin were very optimistic as thier home form has been really good since Simon Lynn took over, But they underestimated the smell that eminates from E stirling gaffer Ross Turpie. Putting off most of the players on the pitch we found it had a very nasty effect on Elgin goalkeeper Martin Pirie as 15 minutes in he was bleeding from the nose and eyes, which was probably the reason behind his dire performance in the first half after comming out to clear and leaving the goal wide open to turpies men. They were 4-0 up but POTTER and WILSON made the score look a bit more palletable.

Queens Park 0-0 Elgin

Snore draw in which both mangers fell asleep, Manager Simon Lynn was thought to have arrived early for training the next day, but it was revealed no-one had woken him up at the final whistle. This was the first point Elgin had got away from home all season and it was deserved.

Elgin 0-0 Gretna

Gretna have been scoring for fun and rocketing up the league since Simon Lynn took over at Elgin and the gap got wider and wider as Elgin had been looking to move up the league. Gretna manager thought has was comming to Elgin to get some much needed points for his title chase. His side looked lack-lustre in this performance AND DIDNT EVEN MANAGE TO GET A SINGLE SHOT ON GOAL LET ALONE ON TARGET! Solid defensive performance by Elgin meant they were edging closer to Dumbarton in 9th place. Its fare to say Jim can blame Elgin for him missing out on promotion.

Montrose 2-0 Elgin

Montrose looked the better team as the away hoodoo struck again Bannister scoring two and Kerrigan missing 2 pens in the match with Elgin left to reflect on the amount of fouls they commit inside the box.

East Fife 0-1 Elgin

Oh the glory! The first 3 points away ALL season for Elgin and very over due as this was thier last game away this season, Midfielder Chris Love got up at a corner to head home the winner and the party began. This win put Simon Lynn's job safe for the season and gave Elgin something to build on in the chase for 9th.

MANAGERS COMMENTS

Well we are noe only 2 points away from Dumbarton with two games to play and our next home game is against.........Dumbarton, I want all the fans to turn out and really cheer us on in this last two home games. We have 5 new signing comming in over the summer and i feel with a few more aquisitions over the summer and a loan here or there we can start to make a challenge. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO DEDICATE OUR FIRST AWAY WIN TO FORMER MANAGER MURRAY ETHRINGTON WHO IS CURRENTLY IN HOSPITAL GET WELL SOON MURRAY.

Were coming to get you Dumbarton!!

Till Thursday!

SY

Hi all!!!

Your clan is cool!I've read all of them...and i'm interested!I wanna join your clan if you allowed me...

You can give me poor club,i only want to join and have fun!

So,if you're interested for new player,send me e-mail........Thanks! C ya

### SHIRE'S FINISH DIRE ###

As Season 2 is now fizzling out with only 2 games left the inconsistent form still plagues Shire as they have failed to Produce last season's form and take their chances. We have 2 home games left and could finish higher but a bottom half finish is a certainty, despite the league finishing very compact with the exception of the promotion victors. The usual excuses of bad luck, injuries and players underperforming may be alleged, but most the teams have had the same problems, and at the end of the day most games are so close , that it can be just a fine line between success and failure. The remedy? well even better organization, consistency in selection and tactics may well be the tonic, but through all the drama the young players are hopefully learning from their mistakes and will drive East Stirling forward. The Scottish 3rd Division has been absolutely choccer with 10 human gaffers and a derby every week there has been no easy games. There's not much between the teams really as all the managers have taken points off each other through the season. Still, the team have underachieved and changes will be made for the next campaign. The usual Shire transfer invasion will hopefully bolster the club with more quality, and the players who have not taken their chances this season will fade into non league obscurity.

13.3.04 Elgin 2 EAST STIRLING 4

Shire got off to a flyer and totally dominated the first half scoring 4 fine goals steamrolling Elgin and their inexperienced gaffer Simon Lynn. Elgin eventually responded and got back into the game with a 2nd half double, but the game was won and thoughts were now on champions Stirling in the next fixture.

20.3.04 EAST STIRLING 2 Stirling Albion 2

The visit of this seasons champions was always going to be a difficult proposition. The visitors took the lead through 2 fine first half strikes through much sot after Scotland Internationalist kevin Kyle. Shire had given them too much respect and changed back to an attacking formation which proved fruitfull as we went on to dominate the game and pummel Stirling at every oppertunity. Eventually the goals came and fans favourite Stuart kelly got the equalizer in the 74th minute as the Albion defense crumbled.

3.4.04 Cowdenbeath 2 EAST STIRLING 0

The good form of the last two games went firmly out the window as Sav's Blue Brazil took advantage of sloppy Shire defending and lack of concentration. The game itself was not a classic by any matter of means with both teams being limited to few chances with creativity at a minimum. Central Park is a hard place to visit on any day, and some time ye just gotta accept you canny win every match....might have had something to do with Andy Goram being in goals tho......flying pig? mare like a flying hippo lol!

10.4.04 Gretna 2 EAST STIRLING 1

How we lost to that Sh¡te i will never know....In terms of possession it was pretty even but Shire carved out most the chances, with poor finishing to blame. Jimbo's bogtrotters had been going very well of late, and to fair their defense and keeper must take the credit in limiting rival attackers. The difference at the end of the day was the ability to deliver a quality ball and despatch accordingly. shire just did not do that today, which was very frustrating. i think that was Andy Goram's last ever game in Scottish football btw! ...The Goalie .pfffffft!

17.4.04 EAST STIRLING 0 Morton 0

This result was very frustrating as Shire totally dominated the proceedings as Ton failed to threaten with only 1 shot on target the whole match. poor finishing was again Shire's bugbear with Tone keeper Bradley hughes saving Ton gaffer's blushes for his own managerial inadequacies.

i think that was Andy Goram's last ever game in Scottish football btw! ...The Goalie .pfffffft!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll dedicate that one to Tommy Burns icon_razz.gif

We Only Sing When We're Winning

Well there has been a lot singing down the borders lately icon_biggrin.gif

We managed 5 games in the session and for most of it we had the forlorn hope of Queen Gary's team bottling it. Sadly, it wasn't to be and well done to Gazza on a deserved promotion.

An away game at Dumbarton was 1st up and we totally dominated this one and ran out comfortable winners.

Dumbarton 0 Robbie Williams 4

Home to Montrose next and another clean sheet and another win. The 'Trose provided a stern test but our superior finishing was the difference.

Richard Jobson 2 Montrose 0

A long trip to Elgin was next and the lads never really featured in this one as Elgin totally dominated. The defence is not conceding many and we were grateful for a lucky draw.

Elgin 0 Gretna 0

The visit of the hobbits and their halfling manager was next (Wash yer feet man and have a bath icon_razz.gif ) Despite having more shots on goal the quality of the hobbits of the shire's shooting was sh!te and with the fat goalie looking his age a victory was ours again.

Frank Sinatra 2 Halflings 1

I had a mad dash to catch a plane for a scouting mission abroad and missed the expected defeat from Stirling Albion who were by far the best team in the league.

Onwards & Upwards

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Doggy , Doggy , Give me your answer Do. Im half crazy chasing after you!

Yes True Believers , the Bod prediction from the seasons start has come true! ... Peterhead going up with Albion Rovers following them .. or are they. After a mammoth session with plenty games , tons of goals , and Doggy's Blue Toon Bottlers dropping points like a cabinet minister drops clangers , the season is going to end on a spectacular note. 2 games to go. Dogs needs 4 points to win the title. Bod needs all 6 and a doggy defeat to take it at the last gasp with his superior goal difference ... WHOS GOT THE BOTTLE TO WIN THE LOTTLE!

Albion Rovers 7 - 0 Some other lanarkshire lot

Its reached the stage now where local derbies just arent important anymore , as Albion will blow away all comers with ease. A 7-0 demolition of Hamilton , with Porsteinsson (£100k lads , come on, someones got to have that kind of cash) picking up another hat trick showed that theres only one team now threatening Albions dominance , and theyre looking nervously over their shoulders ....

Stenhousemuir 1 - 2 Albion Rovers

As tough away fixtures go, this one was pretty high on the list. Seemingly cruising at 2-0 , Albion concede a 25yard screamer , and nervously hang on for the win.

Albion Rovers 3 - 0 That English Team

Theres nothing better than to duff up an English team playing in Scotland. Apart from stealing their best player (Gary Wood) and then beating them convincingly. 3-0 it finished , but it could easily have been 7-0. Rovers are strolling.

After this match , news comes through that Forfar have dropped points , and Albion are officially promoted. The ensuing festival in Coatbridge sees a shortage of Buckfast , Irn Bru , dodgy pills and fried pizza suppers as the fans run riot!

Albion Rovers 3 - 0 Airdrie Ush!ted

Albion fans are so drunk and high after the promotion party that they dont even bother to show up for this one , knowing its a foregone conclusion. Albion run out comfortable winners , laughing at a pathetic Airdrie United side who seal their relegation as a double victory for the Albion faithful.

So , Arbroath away and Alloa at home are all that stand between Albion and the 2nd Division championship ... oh and some bunch of Northern bottle merchants in a deep blue toon!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

hey dogs can you not taken a bit of a joke????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya i can take a joke,

The first post taking the **** is ok, 2 3 posts later it gets a bit repetitive. Anyway i'm not going to continue humouring this silly argument on here, you know my msn.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

been on msn every night since dogs ? still waiting mate icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

hey dogs can you not taken a bit of a joke????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya i can take a joke,

The first post taking the **** is ok, 2 3 posts later it gets a bit repetitive. Anyway i'm not going to continue humouring this silly argument on here, you know my msn.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

been on msn every night since dogs ? still waiting mate icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still harping on about this zzzzzzzzzz,

lets get this straight m8 i have no issue and i certainly will not chase around looking for you. You want to talk, you come to me not vice versa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

OI , The Pair of You!

SHUT IT!

If its gemme related , feel free. If its a case of showing off whos got the biggest set of brass balls, take it to the OTF forums.

Couple of fannies!

[This message was edited by Dogs on 06 August 2003 at 13:46.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh stevie you've only started to get gallous since you got a job, dont start quoting rules on this forum till you have yer own pc and dedicate more time online without having to ask yer bro's permission icon_razz.gif

Archived