The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Yeraw a bunch of Bawbags i hate u all, I am not playing any more i am not i am not...i am the bestest i play lots icon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

It was a joke ya dobbers I'll let ma results do the talking cya tonight icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, here was me thinking I wouldn't get sacked as well, aah well I'll just have to resign icon_wink.gif

The Spiders Web

Welcome Spiders and Spiderettes to another edition of the Spiders Web if gives me great pleasure to announce the signing of Miguel Arcos-Diaz and Jon Connolly and the loan signing of Christer George from Rosenberg until the end of the season i took some pelters when i signed Diaz but so far he has been a shrewd investment netting 7 goals in 5 games.

i'd Also like to take this moment to welcome new gaffers Luke Campbell and Murray Etherington of Montrose and Elgin respectively i'm sure they will do a grand job at there respective clubs.

Down to business we welcomed promotion contenders Morton to the hallowed ground of Hampden in what turned out to be a very boring affair with Eddie Annand scoring the only goal of the game in the 5th minute. Final Score - Queens Park 0 - 1 Morton

Better news was to come in the form of a cup game where new signing Miguel Arcos-Diaz made his debut and made a impact after hitting a second half brace after Steven McAdam's opener in the first half Stenhousemuir were to score in the 89th minute what turned out to be nothing more than a consolation Scottish Cup - Final Score - Queens Park 3 - 1 Stenhousemuir

We found out after the draw that we will face Inverness Caley Thistle in the 3rd round.

Back to League business and Goalkeeper Jon Connolly made his debut although he didn't have much to do in what turned out a one sided affair as we welcomed Elgin City to Hampden. A Brace from Arcos-Diaz and McAdam and a bizarre Own Goal from Elgin's Petrie were enough on the day as we ran out comfortable winners. Final Score - Queens Park 5 - 0 Elgin

Hampden park was the stage in another home league game this time the opposition would be East Stirling. Loan signing Christer George made his debut and rounded off a good move by scoring in the 60th minute adding to the goal Arcos-Diaz scored earlier. Final Score - Queens Park 2 - 0 East Stirling

After 3 wins in a row we were right to feel confident going to New Bayview to take on East Fife but this is football and anything can happen, George and Arcos-Diaz were again on the score sheet but it wasn't enough. Final Score - East Fife 3 - 2 Queens Park

Gary Toner

### SHIRE TAKE PLAUDITS AGAIN ! ###

Well last night session was one of the most frustrating to date, a couple of crashes delayed the start and we never really got going after that, only managing a few weeks of netgame in. This was mostly causes by the final days of transfer window as gaffers desperately tried to sign some new players to freshen up their squads. Some Selfish gaffers were still trying to make deals hours before the cut off which did not help game speed but, the shrewd gaffers had their deals done months ago. the last game of the night saw the 'score changing bug' happen for the first time , this has been the first real danger to our netgame thru all the nigly wee things, so much for better game play on-line eh! The problem was rectified when the game was rebooted. and eventually the right results were recreated by the AI. We did start a new gaffer last night also which was not ideal, but i was pleased that new Trose gaffer Sandy Thomson (Not Luke Campbell!)did well and kept up with play so welcome aboard Sandy and good luck in yer new Clan challenge. On a more serious not two of our gaffers look certain for the chop. Ton's Coisty and Spiderz gaffer Toner are insecure in the netgame and need to change it fast if they wanna continue with their Clan champo.

Any way back to the Shire and it is with great pleasure to annouce that gaffer Turps won his 2nd manager award of the season by winning January's prize. The Shire have been very solid of late and are increasingly hard to break down, as last nights games suggest. Also a couple of new faces joined as the transfer window drew to a close. 20 year old cultured American defender Zak Whitbread joined for free from Liverpool and young defender Andy Dowie from Rangers for zero money.

1.2.03 EAST STIRLING 0 East Fife 0

The battle of the 'Easts' will be remembered more for its missed chances than anything else. Both sides squandered good efforts and had the oppertunity to snatch all 3 points. Chris Nicol's Fifers were going reasonably well this season so a clean sheet and a point in the bag was no big loss as other teams were struggling all around us.

8.2.03 EAST STIRLING 3 Stirling 0

Three 2nd half goals in the last half hour highlighted Stirlings poor fitness and stamina as their miserable away from continued. The Shire were fantastic taking the game to the local rivals at every oppertunity. Rangers starlet Maclean opened the scoring and super sub Dean Cooper signed from English non league had a great late double to send the Binos back to their Forthbank rubbish tip empty handed, not for the first time!

Any way back to the Shire and it is with great pleasure to annouce that gaffer Turps won his 2nd manager award of the season

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The farce that is the MotM award continues it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to suss that you have to manage a team beginning with EAST to be able to win the award icon_razz.gif. How Dogs or Bod haven't won it is beyond me.

I blame the testers icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

What league are you playing in? icon_confused.gif

There is no shutdown in SD3 icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA Jimbo think ur team has been shut down all season! Good to see you finally make a challenge and pick some points up. Got ur 3-2 win to save again, still think yell get the wooden spoon tho icon_biggrin.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 9th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

I recently promised you some transfer news and will now deliver. I’m delighted to confirm that midfielders Stuart Skidmore and Neil Murray have joined on free transfers from Halesowen Town and Ayr United respectively. Both were signed during the transfer window and I’m sure they will be key figures in the remaining league campaign. I can also reveal that three players have also promised their services to the club for next season. George Shaw will be a familiar name to many of you and his experience will strengthen our attacking line when he joins from Forfar. St. Mirren youth keeper William Bald will also be coming in, but I doubt many of you will be aware of Holger Greilich; who is signing from Omonia Nicosia. Holger is an experienced German defender, who has played at the top level with 1860 Munich. All three players will join us in the summer on Bosman transfers.

As you know, our cup form has been highly impressive this season, but our Tennents Scottish Cup 3rd Round tie at Livingston, turned out to be a mountain too high for us. A host of injuries including Petric, Burgess and Waddell saw a makeshift defence crumble against the SPL side, who went ahead with Bingham’s strike. Clague equalised for us, raising our spirits, but a wonderful free kick from Bahoken and another two from Bingham saw us crash out of the cup with a 4-1 defeat.

A boost to the player’s morale came with the news that Clague had again been awarded the Bells Player of the Month award.

Morton, like us, have been in inconsistent form of late, but their visit provided us with an opportunity to return to second place in the league. We got off to a shocking start as Morrison was harshly sent off while conceding a penalty, despite the fact that both Ready and the goalkeeper were positioned to ensure that there was no goal scoring opportunity. Needless to say, our protests fell on deaf (and dumb) ears and Brash stepped forward to stroke the ball home from 12 yards. In a perverse way, this event spurred the side into life and not for the first time this season, Nicholas pulled us level with a sensational individual goal. With time slipping away, and a man less on the pitch, it looked like Morton might hold on and we’d have to settle for a share of the spoils. But our spirit and determination remained strong and Clague rose above to Morton defence to snatch a winner on the 85th minute. It was a deserved win over a Morton side, who could only get one shot on target during the game.

However the week soon went downhill, as club captain Moss, fractured his skull in training and will be out for around 5 months. His passing will be sadly missed from the side, but I’m sure I can pass on the best wishes of all the supporters and we hope he will make a full and speedy recovery.

It was with some trepidation that I took my side to East Stirlingshire, a fixture that has embarrassed us in the past. Indeed, once again we were humiliated by our lowly rivals in a 3-0 defeat, but even more frustrating was the fact that we controlled much of the game, creating a host of opportunities to score. At a scoreless interval I was pleased with my team’s performance, but despite our domination, McLean and Cooper both scored for the hosts, sending us reeling. We pushed men forward in the hope of getting a goal back, but East Stirlingshire hit us on the break with Cooper crowning their win by making it 3-0. It was a hugely disappointing result which dropped us down to 3rd place.

Hopefully, we can now concentrate on picking up points as we’re not out of this promotion race by any stretch of the imagination.

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Gretna Get A Bone from a Dogs

A night of long boring passages but this time it was not during my games. The might of Gretna had managed to go 23 games before last nights session without a League victory. After what seemed an eternity for one reason and another we finally got around to some games.

First up was an away trip to Elgin and with a solid line of L's on my away form hope wasn't high. The fact that we had failed to score in our last 5 games must also be added. With new tactics created and the recall of some of my 8 retiring players to the starting line-up we broke one duck but failed in another. One of my retiring players Mark Dobie broke the scoring drought (eat your heart out Northern Ireland icon_razz.gif) but overall we were outplayed and lost to Elgin 1-2

With a bit more hope we had a trip to the National Stadium to meet fellow strugglers Queen's Park. Gary's team had shown better form of late so we looked like adding another L to our away stats. Within the 1st 5 minutes we were a goal down and things were looking bleak again, come in new loan signing Justin Norville who grabbed an equaliser before half-time. The 2nd half started badly when we had a man sent-off, fortunately Queen's Park missed the resultant penalty but it wasn't looking too good. Come in new loan signing Justin Norville who grabbed a most unlikely 2nd goal and with it the end of Gretna's 24 games without a win drought. icon_biggrin.gifQueen's Park 2-1

The final match of the night was at home against promotion chasing Morton and the chance for 2 in a row. We opened the scoring through Justin Norville (who else) but were quickly pegged back to 1-1. The 2nd half started another goal from Norville but again Morton equalised. With 12 minutes to go Norville completed his hat-trick and with the squad moving to a defensive line-up we played out for a great victory, (or so we thought). For the 1st time in my CM4 experience I was witness to the Score changing bug suddenly my 3-2 was a 1-2 defeat. Strangely some members of the clan wanted to ignore this bug and just continue, a pretty selfish action IMO. Fortunately sensed prevailed and the matches replayed with the correct outcome being achieved. Morton 3-2

Two wins out of 3 is a start but 10th place has my name written on it (Or does it icon_wink.gif)

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Strangely some members of the clan wanted to ignore this bug and just continue, a pretty selfish action IMO <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll put my hands up and state i wanted to continue.

I believed at the time that its your donald duck if the "score changing bug" hits you and the game should continue.

With hindsight i realise that this is pretty unfair. I'm glad Rosco was able to resolve the issue in a way that suits all icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Shift the game on a few days and find out if i'm sacked yet icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think positve dude, get yer wage budget down that might make the board more understanding of your predicament and give you some breathing space. It will take a few games for Christer George to settle, i hope ye dont get sacked gaz! As the whole OTF is watching icon_eek.gif

Cliftonville For Thrills!

"Theyll be dancing in the streets of Albion tonight" said one clueless STV presenter with a dodgy haircut and the initials DV, after witnessing Albion Rovers take 3 straight wins and move from 4th to 2nd , and ominously close to that 2nd automatic promotion spot.

Albion Rovers 2 - 1 Elgin City

How close can a team come to snatching a point and still leave empty handed. An outstanding Elgin performance for 45 minutes resulted in a 1-1 halftime scoreline, but only after a missed Iain Diack penalty. With time closing in , and Rovers throwing everything forward , a long ball down the right was latched onto by Jim Dick , and his 40 yard ball across the box was slid home by substitute Mark Yardley.

Queens Park 0 - 2 Albion Rovers

Slightly more straightforward this one. A 2nd minute goal from Debutant striker Kris Myles puts Rovers 1 up, and some deep defending and good midfield work keeps the score that way until the 82nd minute, when a breakaway down the right sees Jered Stirling cross for Charlie McLean to pick up Number 25 of the season.

Its all smiles down Coatbridge way, the memory of the 4-1 defeat to Gretna long since erased. Its onward to Division 2!

[Editors Note : Despite winning 2 games in a row , Jimbo's Gretna remain a 1 trick pony, who will be found out badly when they play the top teams in the division]

Hullo!

Alrite lads? Nice to see your making a fair go at cm4 online. I've nae subscribed to the game meself as I'm gie'ing it a wide berth the noo till the lads at SI fix it up summit that measures up to cm01/02 icon_biggrin.gif

I see everyone's getting slowly found oot as a one trick pony and I reckon some people are just getting found oot sooner than most so I'd watch yer gloating some of yah's. Doggy of course don't subscribe to the one trick pony stuff and as soon as ma boys work out what he's putting in them bottles of water that he gives to his lads at half time I'll stick him on the other side of them bars he watches icon_razz.gif

Kwality f'ing website btw rosco and the tunes are a good bash though I cannae work out what murray's is about.

Great thread lads and, touch wood, best of luck with the stability of yer game there. Hopefully ya won't have anymore managerial casualties and the clan can throw out a kwality long term game that's already showed lots of potential.

L8r's Sunday8pm

p.s. I see you have the boys well drilled on their posting and great use of bold guys the posts are more readable than ever well at least to a scotsman icon_wink.gif

Lo Paul

thanks for those kind words, yer more than welcome to come back and play any time let me know and i will see what i can do. We will be expanding as the game progresses and it would be great if you could join coz i know ye can cut the mustard.

It is true dogs has done well and with a mediocre squad. Some guys have a better understanding about the match engine than others but the 'one trick pony' guys as bod so eloquently suggested are catching up fast. So far the realism of the low leagues has been spot on and the intense derbies every game has been a real challenge for all invovled.

Murrays Tune is the Tom Hark the Pirhanhas. The tune of Tom Hark is a traditional South African one and the original artistes were Elias and his Zig Zag Flute Band - probably the only flute band not to have played Larkhall in July. It was covered in 1980 by Brighton-based punk act, The Piranhas with the addition of some cod-apocalyptic Cold War lyrics and was a top 10 smash. Its played all over football grounds in Scotland it's class!

Aye the thread is going well, i have been impressed by the banter and reporting from most the guys. The most important thing about thread is to have a laugh and try keeping it simple and legible to an outsider looking in. That is why we post and do the community thing. I personally try and post objectivly and as honest as i can, this gives an insight to our game. Most other threads are insular and do not portray the content of the net game to the community. Peolple that cannot be bothered contributing or making the effort should play single games as they are not community players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Despite winning 2 games in a row , Jimbo's Gretna remain a 1 trick pony, who will be found out badly when they play the top teams in the division<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only time will tell, I've spent a wee while tinkering with my tactics and you will finds that I have a couple more ready to roll. Maybe it's you with the '1 trick pony' that nobody has yet tamed. icon_smile.gif

What is it with all this talk of ponies? every one knows bod is an equine masturbationalist icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you a 'Shire Horse' nah mare icon_wink.gif like a cart horse.

What is it with all this talk of ponies? every one knows bod is an equine masturbationalist icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look , you brought that one upon yersel. I said sorry to Mrs Rosco for the slur upon her good name, and if yer no gonnae let it lie , youre far less of a man than i thought Rosco!

ELGIN EVENING NEWS:

EYE ON ELGIN CITY: MANAGER MONTHLY

Hello readers,

Well after a slow and stop start to the beginning of the latest session we eventually got underway in earnest and onto the game of the Scottish Cup Third round, Rangers at Elgin.

The match began with Rangers doing most of the early running as expected. Our game plan was to defend well and try to catch them on the break; we had a few glimpses of their goal before Lovenkrands managed to head in a corner. Not a great goal from our point of view – especially as he is mince in the air. Smith was then injured after half another and our first subbie was needed. We reached the interval still only trailing by that one goal and I was happy with the performance. We held our own for the next half an hour but with 15mins to go I decided that we had to give it a go – so on came a striker for a midfielder and we went 4-3-3 for the final quarter of an hour. However with only 9 minutes to go the roof fell in when Thompson scored after capitalising on a defensive error and then 60 seconds later Mackay placed a perfect shot into the postage corner of the net. A great finish – a shame it was at the wrong end. We grabbed a consolation with 6 minutes left, in what was turning out to be a pulsating final 10 minutes, when Subiat headed a perfectly floated free kick into the roof of the net. Then Thompson finished off the scoring in the 87th minute with a thumping header. A deserved Rangers victory but the plaudits go to Elgin for a valiant effort. Elgin 1 Rangers 4.

At the end of the game we discovered that Smith would only miss one day with a slight strain but David Craig would be out for 4 weeks with a groin strain.

Back to the bread and butter of the league when Gretna came calling. We started brightly with Rattray hitting the crossbar with a stinging drive after 20 minutes before Porsteinsson squandered an excellent chance. Gretna reached the break with their goal intact. After a roasting at half time the Black and Whites came out with a real sense of purpose and after 47 minutes it paid off with a contender for goal of the season. Subiat picked the ball up just inside Gretna’s half he homed in on goal and as the keeper started to advance he lobbed him from 30 yards out – the crowd went wild and rightfully so. However the hero turned villain just before the hour when he blasted a penalty, which he had won after being tripped in the area, wide. And that looked to be a costly mistake as Dobie scored Gretna’s first goal for 5 games with an excellent header. However a minute later and Elgin had restored their lead. Some superb short interlinked passing created a chance that Subiat dully put away, hero to villain to hero all in one game. Porteinnsson had another good effort late on – however his shot hit the post. Elgin 2 Gretna 1.

After the game I decided that the team needed a bit of a boost and so I singled out the performances of our experienced forward Subiat for scoring some important goals recently. However, on the injury front things were not looking too good. Rattray who had looked dangerous in the central midfield recently was out for 2 weeks with a dislocated shoulder and Porteinnson was out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle. This meant we went into the match against Albion missing a number of key players.

Rovers manager Bod obviously had a few too many drinks prior to this match as his recollection is certainly different that the one that was played. He was correct in his assessment of our performance however certain incidents either did not happen or where clear made up for the stay at home Albion support. The match started with Elgin giving away a very soft goal after only a minute. From then on it was all Elgin as we pushed hard for an equaliser on the 75th minute Benjamin had a glorious chance to drag us back into the game, 6 yards out and an empty net he decided to slid his shot into the side netting. A disaster for the youngster who has had a very successful season so far. McLean then end the game when a long hopeful punt forward was me by him and he did exactly what Benjamin should have – put the white round thing into the big white rectangular thing; simple really. A good result for Albion but all I can say to Bod is that the next he comes to Elgin he had better wear a mask as that result was day light robbery (also because he frightened the livestock last time too).

Elgin 0 Albion 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Within the 1st 5 minutes we were a goal down and things were looking bleak again, come in new loan signing Justin Norville who grabbed an equaliser before half-time. The 2nd half started badly when we had a man sent-off, fortunately Queen's Park missed the resultant penalty but it wasn't looking too good. Come in new loan signing Justin Norville who grabbed a most unlikely 2nd goal and with it the end of Gretna's 24 games without a win drought. icon_biggrin.gif _Queen's Park 2-1_

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You signed Justin Norville?

He some relative of Watfords Trinidad and Tobago forward Jason Norville? icon_wink.gif

Lo Paul

thanks for those kind words, yer more than welcome to come back and play any time let me know and i will see what i can do. We will be expanding as the game progresses and it would be great if you could join coz i know ye can cut the mustard.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta for the offer turps but I'm staying well away from CM4 until they actually fix it up. I'm still reading threads of people finding horrendous bugs that should never be in a retail release game and I'm afriad like most if I had the misfortune to experience it I'd prolly no play the game again after said incident.

My Commendations for those powering through it and helping out with the debugging especially the on-line folk cause I was hoping this evolution of cm4 would be muce more on-line friendly.

L8r's Sunday8pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

Within the 1st 5 minutes we were a goal down and things were looking bleak again, come in new loan signing Justin Norville who grabbed an equaliser before half-time. The 2nd half started badly when we had a man sent-off, fortunately Queen's Park missed the resultant penalty but it wasn't looking too good. Come in new loan signing Justin Norville who grabbed a most unlikely 2nd goal and with it the end of Gretna's 24 games without a win drought. icon_biggrin.gif _Queen's Park 2-1_

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He some relative of Watfords Trinidad and Tobago forward Jason Norville? icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS Jim you know its on top for you, when some unknown Schoolie comes on the thread and takes the píss out of you icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He some relative of Watfords Trinidad and Tobago forward Jason Norville? icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS Jim you know its on top for you, when some unknown Schoolie comes on the thread and takes the píss out of you icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Scots are just not like you were!!?? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Well the table doesn’t lie. And the Blue toon are firmly wedged at the top 15 points clear. Have we been fortunate with injuries have we been fortunate at all. Quite a big update to follow.

Sat 4/1/03 Brechin at home in the Scottish cup and I knew the Peterhead boys were something special when we ran out easy 3-0 winners. It shows already that the toon could manage quite comfortably playing at the next level, either that or Brechin are simply shíte!!

Stirling at home, I was expecting a backlash from the Ally’s lads as we had taken 6 points from 6 and I knew he was hurting. I played defensive counter and came away with a point that I desired. Ally had the main chances. But as my main promotion rival at the time, a point a piece was a good result as it kept him where I could see him icon_wink.gif Final score 0-0

Gretna away, Gretna have been pish poor this season, this shows as they are anchored firmly to the bottom of the SD3. A position that we all thought Rosco would make his own. We scored 3 from 8 chances on target as we easily brushed aside a poor team who never managed a single shot on target.

Elgin away was next. Elgin inflicted a painful home defeat on the blue toon earlier on in the season so I entered the match cautiously. I don’t know what I was so feart about as I slaughter the inept Elgin team 3-0. Just shows that the last result was a one off fluke icon_razz.gif.

So two good away results and looking at the table its shows that I have seemed to cracked it where the others are struggling. I have managed to take the away wins and surge up the table. All the other teams have been taking points off each other which has suited the Peterhead cause no end.

The big one was next St. Mirren at home in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup. After been comprehensively beaten by Ayr in the challenge cup, I decided to try and catch the black necks fae paisley on the break. There team must have been up all night stealing tellys as they just weren’t at the races. Time and time again Toon exploited their lack of pace at the back as we destroyed them 4-0. 4th round here we come!!!!!

So the Peterhead rampant form continued Montrose were beaten 1-0 in their next game, the score not reflecting how one-sided this game was as we practically held the opposition’s goal mouth under siege, who ever the new Montrose gaffer is, he certainly has his work cut out for him.

East Fife away and another 3 points achieved. This time I was struggling to make an impact, down 1-0 from the first half a tactical change late in the second brought the two goals required to win. The last one coming in the 92nd minute. The form of champions tho icon_wink.gif

The last game to be played was against Queens Park. The spiders boss is insecure and needs to put some results in. With this in mind Alex felt sorry for the crap outfit. Tea lady Aunt Fanny was drafted in to replace Derek Souter in goals. The 82 yr old lovable granny once played a round of Golf at Hilton Park in the sixties, so I knew she would up for it. All the Queens boys had to do was put a shot on target and they might of salvaged a result. Alas even that objective was a plateau too high. Final Score 2-0 to the blue toon.

Dog gives Gretna a bone

Alex Bone was on 400k a week and was playing in the reserves. At approx 915pm in the MIRC I was approached in pm by a very depressed man. Can I ask you a favour he wailed ( typed) Knowing his previous form for looking like an extra from Police Academy’s Blue Oyster Bar (although I hear he has had his hair cropped, the moustache remains) I said sure Jim as long as its no sexual icon_wink.gif. I need a striker as Rosco is ****ing me off, I cannae have him signing every player in the game, its no fair.

I said jeezuz Jim have a bone icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grizzly:

Ta for the offer turps but I'm staying well away from CM4 until they actually fix it up. I'm still reading threads of people finding horrendous bugs that should never be in a retail release game and I'm afriad like most if I had the misfortune to experience it I'd prolly no play the game again after said incident.

My Commendations for those powering through it and helping out with the debugging especially the on-line folk cause I was hoping this evolution of cm4 would be muce more on-line friendly.

L8r's Sunday8pm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is true the game still has problems but bar a few crashes and the score changing bug, we have battled thru nearly a season and so far fingers crossed it has been a great success. There is a definate realism about CM now with no foreign players joining the lower leagues and the financial constraints are very challenging. The 2d action and games between human gaffers has been the main change, but that and the added extras on the interface are basically all thats changed.... so same as it ever was. I hope once EP4 comes out that you will get back into it Paul as we have a few guys set to join soon and this game would be a great challenge for you and maybe regain ur enthusiasm again for champo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

_Dog gives Gretna a bone_

Alex Bone was on 400k a week and was playing in the reserves. At approx 915pm in the MIRC I was approached in pm by a very depressed man. Can I ask you a favour he wailed ( typed) Knowing his previous form for looking like an extra from Police Academy’s Blue Oyster Bar (although I hear he has had his hair cropped, the moustache remains) I said sure Jim as long as its no sexual icon_wink.gif. I need a striker as Rosco is ****ing me off, I cannae have him signing every player in the game, its no fair.

I said jeezuz Jim have a bone icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL at Hastie oot wae the beggin bowl. Very ironic indeed ..as Gretna had the most transfer budget (over 30k) at the start of the season. Only to blow it all on complete dross....its gonna take more than an old bone to stop ye getting the wooden spoon Jimbo! Good luck icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grizzly:

L8r's Sunday8pm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is true the game still has problems but bar a few crashes and the score changing bug, we have battled thru nearly a season and so far fingers crossed it has been a great success. There is a definate realism about CM now with no foreign players joining the lower leagues and the financial constraints are very challenging. The 2d action and games between human gaffers has been the main change, but that and the added extras on the interface are basically all thats changed.... so same as it ever was. I hope once EP4 comes out that you will get back into it Paul as we have a few guys set to join soon and this game would be a great challenge for you and maybe regain ur enthusiasm again for champo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which Paul?? icon_confused.gif

I said jeezuz Jim have a bone icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice bit of artistic licence there Alex, 400k a week thats nearly £21,000,000 per annum icon_razz.gif. (I blame the testers) Makes me wonder if the rest of your story has much truth in it. icon_wink.gif

MLC

icon_cool.gif

[You signed Justin Norville?

Justin or Jason what's the difference either one is a poofy english name. icon_wink.gif

[You signed Justin Norville?

Justin or Jason what's the difference either one is a poofy english name. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif FRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!

The Spiders Web

I can't hide my disappointment as i right this, the prevouis session was a total disaster from a footballing point of view.

We could go on and on about bad luck but what good is that, i pick the team and i set the tactics and it's my job to make sure the players are motivated to go out there and perform to the best of there abilites and our recent results show that something somewhere is going wrong and i take full responability for it.

But i urge you the fans to get behind the team and be our driving force in our remaining games, i am confident with a little bit of luck as we certainly have the ability we can still finish mid-table.

As far as the games go well we travelled to the Caledonian Stadium to take on Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Scottish Cup 3rd round but our erratic form continued as we were over-powered by a jubilant Caley team our only consolation was a Whittaker penalty just before half time but we crumbled in the 2nd half and lost 3 goals.

Final Score Scottish Cup - Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 - 1 Queens Park

We travelled to Cliftonhill as we resumed league business, despite going up 1-0 through a Brian McCord goal it wasn't enough as McLean just before half time and a Yardley strike late on was enough to secure the points of Albion Rovers.

Final Score - Albion Rovers 2 - 1 Queens Park

We welcomed bottom club Gretna to Hampden, despite taking a early lead through Christer George again we rued our missed chances as a Norville inspired Grenta bagged a brace and left us rue-ing the missed penalty and lack lustre finishing.

Final Score - Queens Park 1 - 2 Gretna

Balmoor was the destination as we travelled to take on run-away leaders Peterhead in what turned out a miserable afternoon for the spiders loyal Raeside and Odunsi bagged a goal each to sink Queens Park.

Final Score - Peterhead 2 - 0 Queens Park

Gary Toner

not much to shout about in East Fife lately as we are slowly slipping down the table. A dodgy 0-0 goal away to East Stirling was a lucky point but i'm happy to still be undefeated to Turpies lot. Then in the game against run away league leaders Peterhead, we got the perfect start when Gordon Gilbert put us ahead early. We dominated the first half and perhaps if we had our top strikers back from the treatment room we could have got a few more goals. As I expected dogs tweaked his side and they came back and got the equaliser, I decided to go for the win and as so often happens i got bit in the ass as Peterhead got a injury time winner.

Hopefully a couple of wins will inspire the Fifers back into the promotion chase but as it looks just now we are struggling.

New signings have arrived at the club however in the form of John Walker from Hamilton who will add us a bit of depth up the wings and we have also signed youngster Steven Whiteford from Livingston Utd. It is with great shame I must announce that Richard Garcia will not be joining us for the rest of the season as his loan deal has expired however we have brought in Danny Self from Leicester for the rest of the season in a attempt to bolster the squad.

Justin or Jason what's the difference either one is a poofy english name. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be an English name, but he is from Trinidad and Tobago so thats no excuse for your error. Or are you trying to imitate great manager Bobby Robson and call your player by names that they dont belong? icon_wink.gif

Archived