The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Justin or Jason what's the difference either one is a poofy english name. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be an English name, but he is from Trinidad and Tobago so thats no excuse for your error. Or are you trying to imitate great manager Bobby Robson and call your player by names that they dont belong? icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the great Bobby Robson just got sacked so you don't wanna go doing that!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Justin or Jason what's the difference either one is a poofy english name. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be an English name, but he is from Trinidad and Tobago so thats no excuse for your error. Or are you trying to imitate great manager Bobby Robson and call your player by names that they dont belong? icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahah Powlay dont criticize Jim, he is a Great manager who is never wrong! This season he has spent very wisely and now owns 10th place in SD3 all to his self. So gee him a break no what he is trying to imitate! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Update later. I need to wipe this stupid grin off my face first icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're a **** Bod. My only consolation is the fact that at least one Jags man will be in the 2nd division next year. icon_razz.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 12th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

As you are aware, our away form has been diabolical this season, with some heavy and embarrassing defeats taking place on the road. Our visit to Gary Toner’s Queen’s Park saw me try out yet another system, which turned out to be highly successful. To be honest, injuries to Murray, Burgess, Moss and Smith forced my hand, while I decided not to gamble Nicholas who had a strained neck or Holloway, who is still recovering from his broken leg. As it turned out, shuffling the pack gave us some new ideas and Stephen Wright headed us ahead with a rare goal. A flowing team move was finished by Mallan to make it 2-0 and the three points were secured on the 90th minute, when Clague squeezed the ball between the goalkeeper and his near post from a tight angle. It was a comprehensive victory, made all the sweeter by the fact that it was at Hampden, with the hosts failing to get a single shot on target. The fact that Albion Rovers were beaten also pushed us back into second place, much to my and the team’s delight.

At Forthbank, with your backing, I am confident of putting on a good display against any side and I don’t think I’m being boastful in saying that Chris Nicol’s East Fife were lucky to escape with a 2-0 defeat. The first half saw us totally dominate but we failed to capitalize, even from the penalty spot as Waddell stroked his effort well wide. I praised my side at the interval and knew that the breakthrough would come eventually. I though we had it when Clague had the ball in the back of the net, but I was aghast to see the linesman’s flag up. However determination is one of my sides finer points and Clague eventually got the opener with a scrappy close range finish. The big striker then raced through on the counter attack to make it 2-0 and give us a deserved win from a game that saw us produce some fine football.

I have been quick to praise my players this season, but I don’t think anyone could deny Stevie Nicholas from picking up the Bells Young Player of the Month award.

Next up was a truly epic game against the Albion Rovers of Stevie McGuiness. The Wee Rovers have had a truly meteoric rise to the promotion race and a win against our closest rivals would surely have put us in pole position to go up. Petric, Moss and Holloway were all absent with injury, but I hoped that our recent wins would spur the team on. Sadly, I could not foresee what was some downright unforgivable officiating, which cost us the points and possibly even promotion. When I saw McLean slot home early on, my reaction was one of calm. Surely the linesman’s flag was up on the far side? But I realised in horror that the goal was being awarded. I barely had time to calm down before Albion were two goals ahead. As Burgess sportingly threw the ball back after an injury, Albion decided to quickly play on and with Burgess out of position McLean, who was again blatantly offside, steamed on to make it 2-0. I still find it difficult to maintain my cool as I write this, but there was nothing wrong with McLean’s third to bag a highly contentious hat trick. Neal Clague did manage to pull a goal back for us, but we couldn’t make a comeback and the result put Albion into second place, while we slipped down to third. To his credit, McGuiness admitted to me over a post match drink that the goals were offside, but I had to smile through gritted teeth over my Pina Colada when I thought about his side taking advantage of our sporting throwing. My anger grew upon learning that one of the linesmen was related to McGuiness, while the fourth official turned out to be the brother in law of Lubo Morovcik.

The whole experience let a sour taste in the mouth, but I had to get my side re-motivated for the visit of Murray Etherington’s Elgin City. It was the turn of Elgin to feel frustration when they had a goal cut off, but that foreign lad with the funny name they have put them 1-0 before Clague showed his perseverance to chase a lost cause and nick in to equalise. The match was finely balanced, but when Nicholas had his shirt ripped from his back inside the box, a penalty gave is the chance to grab victory. Gordon Petric took the pressure kick and coolly slotted home to bag our three points. The win put us back into second spot with a slender one point lead over Albion Rovers. However it was with some sadness that I read the post-match interview of Etherington, who seemed to be of the opinion that we were going down quicker than Ginger Spice. Let me assure you all that my players are model professionals and claims of cheating in any shape or form will not be tolerated. Methinks Mr Etherington enjoys some sour grapes upon loosing.

Peterhead have been a team in form all season and great credit must go to Alex Holligan for taking his side to the title. However the visit of the Bloo Toon was a match which I needed to take something from, a task that would be much harder without the suspended Clague. The match turned out to be a strange affair, but we could have gone ahead had it not been for Nicholas rattling the post before having another shot cleared off the line. Peterhead had a goal disallowed for offside, but I think 0-0 was probably a fair result. But Albion’s win saw another change in the promotion race as they went above us by a single point.

Jim Hastie’s Gretna have been struggling all season, but the signing of Norville has given them a real sting in attack. However with Clague back, I was confident that my forwards could get the goals needed for an away win. The game was very much one of two halves as Gretna controlled the first 45 minutes but were unable to find the target. I asked the players to raise the tempo at half time and they responded to my challenge as Clague netted his 35th of the season on 50 minutes, a goal which was enough to secure a win from a very tight and difficult game.

Clague’s superhuman goalscoring efforts clearly haven’t gone unnoticed, as he scooped the Bells Player of the Month.

With the season heading to a conclusion, the race for second place took another unexpected and perhaps fatal twist for us when we travelled to Morton. Pete Abraham’s job has been in question for a while now, but there was no doubt over the conviction his side beat us with. Smith produced one of the saves of the season to deny Annand from scoring and when Clague sneaked in to poke home a scrappy goal, I was confident that we could build on out 1-0 advantage at half time. However it turned out to be another game of two halves as Annand equalised before Sviensson scored to give Morton the lead. A final insult came as Petric was harshly sent off and Collins converted a spot kick to give Morton a 3-1 win. The result puts us 4 points off second place, with 4 games of the season remaining. It now looks as if we’ll be spending another season in the third division, but rest assured that will be fighting until the fat lady sings….and Rosco is warming up.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Mortons Form has been a sad affair since christmas. And towards the end of season Morton have been given further blows by Diddy bottom of the Division sides, such as East stirling and Gretna.

Morton started of the session with a home game to Peterhead. Abraham was not expecting much from this game as he was desperatly trying to get the Moral back upto a Johnstone Wheeler standard. Robertson scored in the second half to ensure the 3 points were carried up north. After the game Alex Holligan said "Morton are a first division side in the third division" 23 times before concetrating on his next game icon_wink.gif

A cup game followed in the form of a trip to Tannadice. The Game ended with not many high points for the Cappilow side. Dundee Utd 2 V 0 Morton with Easton and Dodds winning it for the home side.

A trip to Elgin fallowed and and Annand scored to regain some pride for the league favourites.

Queens Park fallowed and disaster struck!! Brown confused our keeper for theres and lobbed a high ball over Nixons head to plant it in his own goal. the excellant George showed fantastic form all game and deserved his goal in the second half and after a series of blunders from Nixon Corriera scored Queens third. Collins pulled back a penelty in the last 5 minutes, but it was not to be Tons Day. After the Game Bod kindly reminded us all that I was struggling to keep my job. No other players in the Game noticed upto his 38th time informing us .............BawBag!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

A trip to East fife came next and The Ton struggled to keep the score down to 1-1.

Turparoonies East stirling visited Cappilow on day release from Dykebar Asylum. Kelly scored a peace in the first ten minutes before Fiskin pulling back the score to make it level. A bug cuased Turpies second goal. Dont know how it happened becuase turpie went to his tactic screen and when he came back it was 2-1 but apparently Irvine scored. Smith made it complete for East bolloxers before The ton put on a show towards the end of the game and could of scored 10 but the game ended with Prunty pulling back another to make it Morton 2 vs East W@nkers 3

Promotion contenders Stirling visited The Greenock side and It looked like another dreach day for abraham and his Blue and White hooped boys. However Abrahams devious plan which involved Greenocks finest sea food and a dinner party before the game piulled of as The Ton went on a fustrated rampage. Clague sent The all to common visiting side ahead. but then Tons plan came into action and Allies Stilrling army started ****tuing themselfs to allow Barbadian winger Goodridge through to make things level. Annand scored a peach to but Ton ahead before Svennson took his turn in scoring followed by a nicely converted Penalty For Collins. Morton 4 vs 1 Stirling (you heard it here first since Stirling put up fabricated scores like 3-1 ..... PAH! 3-1 are for losers!!

Flash in the Pan

Well the previous session was obviously a fluke as after playing 6 games last night 0 wins were achieved and only 1 draw.

The 1st 2 games ended in real stuffings but fortunately didn't set the tone for the session although we lost the next 3 by a single goal. We did manage to secure a draw in our final match but it was a long night with little reward.

Montrose 1-5

East Fife 0-4

east Stirling 0-1

Albion Rovers 1-2

Stirling Albion 0-1

Elgin City 0-0

On the bright side I have a squad of 31 players, 8 are retiring, 4 on loan, 2 are sold and 2 are out of contract. Fresh faces will be the order of the day (Maybe a fresh manager as well). Still being the worst manager will make me appreciate any success next season anymore.

Upwards and Onwards in 2003-04.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAMESKING:

DO YOU PLAY SCOTTISH PREMIER ON CM01/02? IF YES JUST TELL ME WHEN!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, They Are Playing The Scottish Third Division On CM4.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAMESKING:

DO YOU PLAY SCOTTISH PREMIER ON CM01/02? IF YES JUST TELL ME WHEN!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't be a fud

### SHIRE CLIMB HIGHER ###

Wow what a session last night, we rattled through feb and march and managed about 7 games each in what was the most action packed frenetic night of gameplay yet. The season is poised now and with only 4 games to go, and it looks like Dogs has won the league and retained his Clan number one status. The Shire had another great night as well and continued the great form of late, leap-frogging the wasters around us to settle in 4th place. The rise from bottom place at the start of the season has been nothing short of meteoric. From going to a club full of total duds the squad has been hard trained and shaped into a descent football side at this level. The addition of experience to the youth and organisation, has been the real factor in reversing the poor form and getting the Shire heading north. At home we have and can beat anybody, and away we have caught some naive gaffers out big time. The influx of new players during the transfer window has added strength and depth, and there is now competition for places throughout the team. The Shire are continuing to strengthen through some bosman deals that will arrive this summer, and now the preparation for next seasons campaign is well underway. Heres how we continued to embarrass our rivals last night........

15.2.03 EAST STIRLING 5 Elgin City 0

The Shire steam rollered Murray's Elgin, which was the price to pay for having a dinner party at a friends and miss the opening game of the session. Elgins Assistant Baffoni was well respected but he could not hold back Shire's Stuart Kelly who scored a memorable hat-trick. Goals from fat Paul Kane and Smudger Smith sealed the visitors fate.

22.2.03 Albion Rovers 1 EAST STIRLING 0

The battle of Bod would be the Shire's hardest test of late and it was Ruddocks poor ariel ability in the set peice that allowed Albion's Mark Richardson to ghos in for a free header which looped past the excellent Keith Welch. The Shire battled hard and Bod new he was in a game but poor finishing and bad luck could not dispense the in-form Albion and dent Bods promotion charge.

1.3.03 EAST STIRLING 1 Peterhead 1

Dogs Blue Toon were the only team not to drop points against the Shire this season and gaffer Turps new he was due some fortune soon. It came as no surprise when we fought back well from a 2nd half Tindal strike through an acute shot from Jamie 'Smudger' Smith. Head keeper Souter was all at sea for the equalizer as he fumbled due to lack of experience and Shire pressure.

8.3.03 Gretna 0 EAST STIRLING 1

A lot has been said about bottom club Gretna and their gaffers greeting of late, but they had improved and gave the Shire a good game when they visited Raydale Park. The Shire grabbed all points through a Dean Cooper Header in the 2nd half to maintain the 100% record against the luckless wooden spoon merchants.

15.3.03 EAST STIRLING 2 Montrose 0

Clan new boy Sandy Thomson next as his Gable Endies travelled to Firs Park for the 1st time under his leadership. On loan Celtic starlet Jamie 'Smudger' was the difference as his strikes one either half wrapped up the points and continued the Shire's charge up the table.

22.3.03 Morton 2 EAST STIRLING 3

Coisty was fighting for his job and Clan existence next and his rescent defamatory and disparaging remarks were all that the Shire needed to motivate their way to victory. The game itself was a cracker as the Shire took the lead twice only for Coisty and his duds to equalize but fail to stop Turperooni's troops as they rampaged all over the Cappielow manor.

5.4.03 East Fife 0 EAST STIRLING 2

Fifes gaffer Chris Nicol actually thought he was in the hunt for promotion. He was so confident that he crapped out a bet. His lack of self belief obviously had an effect on his team as the Shire hammered the **** out the Fifers 2-0 to proudly sit above the Methil Muppetts in the division table.

Guest sav112

Hi all I hopefully will be joining in the fun of getting a good kicking next week, Rosco’s been helping me get started. I have to say the manager of Peterhead has my respect with his record this season and could he possibly give me a few pointers on tactics and formations and loan a few players for next season LoL.

All I can add is this is my first online game with CM so it should be interesting, even though I see myself getting horsed most of the time I do plan to make any trip to my home ground a battle for points. As for management styles I go for a no nonsense approach, if the players aren’t doing it on the pitch then they get the boot. I like to build my teams round a good defence with a talented midfield player pulling the stings.

I don’t know what team I will be at the helm just yet and if I can get a good run next season in the third division with a money spinning cup run (bring on an away tie at Ibrox or Celtic park) I will be quite happy but then again will my board feel the same way? icon_biggrin.gif

All the best

Stew.

PS I was told your on expansion pack 3 is this right so is the game version

Manager 4 game to 4.05.

[This message was edited by sav112 on 14 June 2003 at 10:11.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

PS I was told your on expansion pack 3 is this right so is the game version

Manager 4 game to 4.05.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes Stew itd EP3 but the old one. Get it at HERE!

Hope to see you on monday and get you started then, no matter what happens yer in the clan well done... and good luck!

Rosco

Guest sav112

Hay you mean you were the worst manager, just wait till I start you got to remember I’m only used to the Ai but out of interest what team are you in the game, I seem to have been landed with cowdenbeath…..

Sav.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Hay you mean you were the worst manager, just wait till I start you got to remember I’m only used to the Ai but out of interest what team are you in the game, I seem to have been landed with cowdenbeath…..

Sav.

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely u are refering to wooden spoon merchant Hastie? Its a clean slate for season two so i would be carefull in upsetting the greeting gaffer!

There dirty and ther smelly... they huvny got a telly... they cum fae loch gelly... the Cowden family da da da na nuh!

Ye might no be beath Sav, depends who gets sacked and who gets relegated, Kenny has first bags on the next team icon_wink.gif

Guest sav112

Lol don’t tell me that I just spent an hour looking and playing with tactics icon_redface.gif, here Kenny if you’re on, as you have first choice please leave Cowden family alone as Turps said they smell anyway and I just spent time trying to get the team down on paper.

You have to love the budget for these clubs 4K for transfers, I was going to buy a player but then I decided to spend it all on a second hand Capri 1.9 car (only 120K on the clock) to get to the club in style.

Question? How the hell do u window Cm I cant find it? I can only get full screen. icon_confused.gif

Sav.

Guest sav112

You will love this I have to add the command small screen in the target for the icon before I can get the full screen preference to work it’s a strange one but I got it to work. I could not get the uncheck the full screen tick to work it simply said sorry cant do it blah blah.

Thanks for all the help lads. icon_biggrin.gif

sav

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

You are all invited to the latest Stirling press conference.

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612306546<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAHA thats total ****in KWALITY! The Scottish Clan the original and still the best...Whas like us? Damn few and there a deed thank ****! hahahahahahahahahaahaha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

ROFL at iraqi shít

ALthough my long lost Uncle Crawford Smythe 111 bears an uncanny resemblance to Saddam icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always knew u were a snobby aristocrat. Tell Crawf heez getting a scud up the choccer when he turns up from the Clan coalition!

*The Gable Endies appoint rookie gaffer shocker!*

Former team bus driver for Montrose FC has sensationally been appointed Manager after a bizzare turn of events. Sandy Thomson, who drove the Gablie Endies to all their away games before being axed over a bizzare incident involving local rivals Brechin City's mascot and a set of shin pads, was installed last week as boss of the 3rd division strugglers.

Despite no-one else available and surely as a very last resort the new gaffer was appointed manager and given a hefty £2000 to spend on new players. Sandy Thomson stated that "it was a proud moment" to be in charge of such a "long established football institution" and hoped to emulate the "glory day" of their 2nd Division Championship win nearly 20 years ago.

After watching from the directors box for the first few games in charge Sandy took the team by the reins for the first time proper in a home game against no-hopers Gretna. A 5-1 thrashing of the leagues bottom club ensured smiles all around the 145 supporters in the ground. Unfortunatly two successive 1-0 away defeats to the mighty Elgin City and Queens Park followed and the task at hand became apparent. Transfer speculation was the talk around the pie shop at their next game against footballing giants East Fife. Thomson was claimed to have said that "Beckham" and "Giggs" were on their way up north for "trials" but it is understood that Montrose could not afford their bus fares. Perhaps the players were aware that their £35 a week was at stake and gave a fantastic performance in front of a mostly empty Links Park beating the Fifers 2-0.

Despite the optimism around Links Park, 3 defeats followed, a 2-0 loss against glamour club East Stirlingshire and two very unlucky performances against high fliers Albion Rovers and Peterhead, both 1-0 defeats.

Sandy Thomson has insisted his team will fulfill the unrealistic ambitions of both the fans and the board in the remaining 4 fixtures and steer the club into "mid-table obscurity".

The Spiders Web

Welcome fans as we begin to wind down the season, our erratic form all season has been a major problem and something i have to look at stamping out.

We welcomed Stirling to Hampden as we looked to take full point but it wasn't to be a combination of lack-lustre finishing and amatuerish defending cost us dearly as Stirling's cool calm collective efforts infront of goal meant they ran out easy winners.

Final Score - Queens Park 0 - 3 Stirling

Montrose were next to visit the spiders lair other wise known as Hampden in a boring tedious affair where no real chances were created 30 seconds of magic from none other than George Christer with 2 minutes left on the clock secured us the 3 points.

Final Score - Queens Park 1 - 0 Montrose

We travelled to Cappielow on a high to take on Morton in what was described as a "must win" for both managers, an early Brown OG put us on our way before the one George put us 2 infront, Collins slotted home a penalty for Morton but it was nothing more than a consolation as Correia slotted home his first and Queens Parks 3rd.

Final Score - Morton 1 - 3 Queens Park

Taking 6 points out the last two games we travelled to Borrough Briggs in a confident mood to take on Elgin, Maybe that was our downfall in a game that seen 8 goals unfortunatly we were on the recieving end of 5 of them a brace from Christer George and a single from Correia were nothing more than consolation as Elgin ran out winners.

Final Score - Elgin 5 - 3 Queens Park

A home game was next as East Fife came a knocking, Craig Fishers first of the season and another goal from Christer George sealed the win with Lee bagging a consolation penalty for East Fife.

Final Score - Queens Park 2 - 1 East Fife

In our last game of the session we welcomed high-flying Albion Rovers to Hampden in a game of few chances the gap in quality was enough to shine through when McLean put Rovers in the lead in what proved to be the games only goal.

Final Score - Queens Park 0 - 1 Albion Rovers

With only 4 games remaining and still alot of pride at stake from our point of view, nothing in football is ever over until it's over. we have a few signings already snapped up for next season so lets end this one on a high.

Gary Toner

Thats Entertainment

If you want a rollercoaster ride and possible heart attack be a East Fife die hard. If you just want to go see a team that could one week play the leagues form team of the park then get humped by the 2 lowly clubs of the division go see East Fife. You never know what side you are going to see.

I was very worried about the start of the session as we were playing the might wee rovers and were missing key strikers. However midfield battlers Lee and Grondin both scored sensational goals and Nicol's frustrating counter attacking fitba was enough to stop Bods tremendous unbeaten run in style.EF 2 Rovers 0

Away to the other promotion chasers Stiling Albion is never easy but after sich a good win v the rovers East Fife went in confidently and deployed the same tactic. Stirling managed to sneak past the Fifers rearguard which forced Nicol into attack and then his defence fell apart and Fifers were lucky to escape with just a 2 goal defeat. Stirling 2 EF 0

With sad Gretna coming to the Fifers' Fortress I was a bit worried that we would fold once more. It was a chroinc first half that produced no goals however the classic Fifers that have produced many great displays throughout the season appeared for the 2nd half and destroyed Gretna with goals from Grondin, Lee and a Love double. EF 4 Gretna 0

So hope was once again built up as we travelled to lowly Montrose and yet again hope was shot down by a utter plsh display that made everyone associated with the club feel sick. However fair play to Montrose gaffer Sandy Thomson who's side put out a battling performance and I hope he gets it right more often sooner rather than later. Trose 2 EF 0

Another away tie against another dissapointing side ended with another shocking away defeat. This time Queens Park confirmed the Fifers as the worst away team in the division with a simple win. Lee's penalty was scant consolation. All the best to gaffer Gary Toner who i'm sure will turn the club around. QP 2 EF 1

Home at last!! and a game I genuinly thought we could win to put the shock around the divsion as Turpie's East Stirling came calling. I made a mistake by changing the formation to fit in my returning strikers. It did not work and we put in a absolutly woeful display that would have sickened our die hard fans who had seen such good signs just 3 games ago. EF 0 ES 2

We are now sitting in 7th which I feel is slightly unfair and I hope to pull us into the top half by the end of the season. I feel for our fans as they have suffered but are always upbeat and i'm sure they realise they have witnessed some of the divsions finest football, because when East Fife turn it on they are worth watching. There should definitly be a air of optimism for Fifer fans going into the new season.

Lets all laugh at Stirling , Lets all Laugh at Stirling , a Ha ha ha , a ha ha ha

It has to be said that Albion Rovers fans of late have developed a real sense of joy not seen since the last time Buckfast was on sale 2 for 1 at Asda. Recent performances from Albion have propelled them up the table and , after Thursday nights session , into the driving seat in the promotion race. It took a major slipup from Stirling for them to do it, but it took a helluva lot of effort on Albions part to get the important away points that have put them where they now are.

Going to Peterhead and getting a draw

Taking on and beating the teams in 3rd and 4th place respectively

Skelping the upstarts from Gretna

Recovering from an unexpected defeat away to East Fife.

The mental strength (Naw Ally , thats not 8.4% Carlsberg) which has seen Albion stride up the table since their poor seasons start should not be underestimated.

In terms of Skill , theyre equally talented to their league neighbours. In terms of will to win , theyre ahead of the game ....

Hello Readers,

Well it was a disappointing session last time out and my goal of a top 5

finish looks to be tantisilingly out of grasp with us holding 6th spot at

the moment. As was noted by one of the other managers I missed the first

couple of games due to a prior engagement. Rest assured fans that it was no

SFA mafia jaunt I was merely sampling the delights of the Bernabau scouting

for new talent that might be intrigued with £50 a week move to Elgin.

However I left our very talented assistant in charge and he carried out my

instructions to the letter - including the obligatory session gubbing.

Our first match was against fellow midtable strugglers <b>East Stirling</b> - who

promptedly thrased us 5-0 away from home. None of the team, as far as I can

discover from press reports, came out of the match with any plaudits. One

certainly to consign to the "must try harder" category. <i> East Stirling 5

Elgin City 0 </i>

I managed to make it back for the second half of this match - but crowd

congestion rendered my attempts to get into the ground useless. In a

closely fought match with the "we're a first division team playing in the

third division" <b>Morton</b> proved that in fact they are actually a "third

division team playing in the third division". It was a game that I felt we

could have won but eventually we were edged out by a sole strike. <i>

Morton 1 Elgin 0 </i>

I was back for the next matches, although our fortunes did not improve significantly. Stirling visited next and we lost out, again, on the odd goal - and a very debateable penalty at that. A travisty of a result that I see the <b>Stirling</b> manager still will not take action. As I said in my after match comments "only poofs dive". <i> Stirling 2 Elgin 1</i>

Some bad news after this match as <b>Porsteinsson</b> was ruled out for 2 months after picking up an injury in training. I am sure you will all wish big Magnus a speedy recovery.

Onto my favourite game of the season a right good rollocking game (with no diving) and even less defending. An 8 goal thriller which this time we ran out winners but only after <b>Queens Park</b> had made us sweat. <i> Elgin 5 Queens Park 3 </i>

Then it was the turn of us to visit the league leaders - <b>Peterhead</b>. And to be fair I expected little from this match and that is exactly what we got. <i>Peterhead 3 Elgin 1</i>

We finished the session against the league whipping boys - <b>Gretna</b>. I was

hoping for big things from the side a result that would galvanise us for the

final push of the season - how disappointed was I with the performance that

was put in. The side played like an end of season, mid table affair with

both sides having little to play for. In a drab encounter that was

dominated by an impressive Elgin midfield performance our strikers looked

out of sorts and our defence, esp the left back area still has cause for

concern. <i> Gretna 0 Elgin 0 </i>

If this session proved anything it was the need for us to invest in a few

departments next session particuarly the full back area and a new striker to

replace the on loan Benjamin next session. Trust me when I say that no

stone will be left unturned as I try to force us into real title contenders

for next season.

Guest sav112

Press release: Cowdenbeath

Board of Directors:

“It gives the club a great pleasure to announce after such a troubled last season that the club has installed Stewart Robertson as it’s new manager. It is hoped that he can restore the team back into the higher divisions that the fans so rightly deserve.

And we would like to think that board members and fans will give him the support he needs to get the club back on trackâ€

New Manager: Stewart Robertson

“I would like firstly thank the directors for placing their trust in me with the running of the team, I will promise that I will work tirelessly to achieve my goals. It’s expected to be a hard season ahead and with the limited funds available I will try to freshen things up with some new faces for the coming year ahead. Team building is long term so I will look to get a better response from the players we have already got and hope they understand that nothing more than 100% will do from them. In the coming months I will use the time to assess the team and hopefully give youth its chance.

Realistically a mid table placing at the end of next season is attainable in division 3 and I would hope that after a further season promotion would not be an unrealistic target.

Again it’s a fresh start for me and the club and I look forward to the season aheadâ€

Press Release: End

Congrats to Alex and that jammie wee w**k stain Bod icon_razz.gif for going up. Send us a postcard from the dizzy heights of the 2nd division.

Also a big "awright" to Kenny and Stewart. Best of luck in picking up my scraps next season. icon_biggrin.gif

The latest issue of the Stirling Programme will be rolling off the presses soon...

Al

<Chick> Ho ho Ho , this is me , Chick Young , standing where i am , which

is here. Cliftonhill to be precise. Ho ho ho.

*cameraman points to Manager McGuinness, and Chick turns around*

<Chick> So , Bod ,your Albion Side finally did it then. You needed to win 3

out of your last 4 to win promotion, and with a few hairy moments , you

managed it.

<Bod> Aye Chick. The boys battled hard and ground out the results. Theyre

absoloutely chuffed wi this achievement, and ive let them off the leash

tonight to celebrate.

<Chick> So theyre at a champagne reception?

<Bod> Naw , Pizza Hut.

<Chick> So, is there anyone you want to pick out for praise in particular.

<Bod> Aye well , big Charlie McLean , obviously , has made a real

difference with his 35 goals. but Ian Mackie has made a significant

contribution as well.

<Chick> Hows that

<Bod> Hes always going on in training about how brilliant he is and how he

never misses a chance to score.

<Chick> Sounds confident.

<Bod> Aye , well. Weve decided he must be scoring at Fury Murrays or

something, cos the last 10 games, he couldnt hit a coo'e erse wi a banjo.

And hes keeping the boys in stitches wi his comedy routines.

<Chick> Whit comedy routine is that

<Bod> His 25 yard free kicks that routinely endanger the lives of the

hospital staff up at Monklands. Weve had the bill for 23 broken windows

this season.

<Chick> Ho Ho Ho

*a group of kids run onto the pitch and start chasing another kid from end

to end*

<Chick> Whats going on there Bod?

<Bod> Looks to me like the younger lads warming down

<Chick> Warming down? They look like theyre going to kill that lad if they

catch him

<Bod> Aye , well , McCaig should know better than to steal Calderwood's

joobjoob's. Still , he'll learn.

*Chick watches on as the lads knock McCaig to the ground and then shout

"Pile On!". 5 Minutes later , McCaig manages to stand up and stagger

towards the dressing room*

<Chick> So Bod , whats your plans for next season. Big Ron said "Youll

never win anything with Kids" , and youve got a pretty youthful squad

here.

<Bod> Aye Chick, but Big Ron also signed John Fashanu,

<Chick> Fair point.

<Bod> But this year, theyre youngsters , and next season , theyre

experienced Pro's. Besides , weve got enough experienced players here to

guide them through.

<Chick> Aside from all the ones who have just retired or been given free

transfers

<Bod> Aye chick. It feels like Ibrox without the debt mountain sometimes.

*Chick splutters , but quickly regains his composure*

<Chick> So, after the first 6 games , you were dead last , had 2 points ,

and you were being assaulted in the streets, and refused service in

McDonalds. What changed your fortunes and revived your season.

<Bod> We asked local shops to provide a special diet suited to the needs of

a top class Lanarkshire athlete.

<Chick> And that was?

<Bod> Buckfast Salad , Chip Bap Breakfast Bars, and Irn Bru smoothies.

<Chick> Sensational

<Bod> Aye. I think we appointed a physio, and sacked Jock McStay at the

same time, but i doubt that made a difference.

*Chick visibly shudders at the mention of Jock McStay*

<Chick> So , any words for the unfortunate 3rd placed manager , Ally Shaw?

<Bod> Aye. Well played Big man. Good to know that even though you didnt get up, theres a team in Red and Yellow in the 2nd Division this season.

<Chick> And the way theyre playing , the Jags will be there next season

*Chick visibly cowers as McGuinness gives him a look that says 'Youre dead wee man'*

<Chick> So predictions for next season?

<Bod> Gretna to finish last again

<Chick> I mean for Albion Rovers

<Bod> We will finish second to Peterhead and gain promotion to Division 1.

<Chick> And how do you plan on doing that?

<Bod> By beating everyone except Peterhead , obviously

<Chick> I mean how do you plan on beating the rest.

<Bod> Baseball bat. Failing that , ive signed Chic Charnley.

*Interview ends, McGuinness walks off , and Chick does his round up*

<Chick> So there you have it. Albion confident next season is going to be a

good one. An insight into the thinking of one of Scotlands most promising

managers.

*McGuinness walks back into picture and hands Chick a small paper bag*

<Chick> Cheers Big man.

*Chick opens the bag and looks inside to see ... a bag of Soor Plooms. A

voice fae the back shouts "PILE ON" , and Chick disappears under a mass of

bodies*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

Congrats to Alex and that jammie wee w**k stain Bod icon_razz.gif for going up. Send us a postcard from the dizzy heights of the 2nd division.

Also a big "awright" to Kenny and Stewart. Best of luck in picking up my scraps next season. icon_biggrin.gif

The latest issue of the Stirling Programme will be rolling off the presses soon...

Al<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To steal a criminally underused quote ...

YOULL NEVER TAKE THE BOD!

Top class post there bod, bored in yer lunch hour were you? We actually did quite well last night finishing the season off. It was very exciting at the end but you probably deserved to go up right enuff as over the peice, your form was awzome. There was a crash situation at the death, so we had to actually replay the last days games, not that it mattered, as apart from you going up everything else was meaningless. Gaz and Coisty kept their jobs so thats a bonus also. I am glad the lads agreed to chug thru to preseason in holiday mode. This saved a lot of time and probable frustration and boredom for the next sess. The new guys Sav and Scots have joined as Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton respectivly so good luck to them for season two. Congrats to Dogs on his fine Championship win, Peterhead were awzome and tactically far superior to anyone else in the division. The game is now on the 8th of July and there is a multitude of frees and new players waiting to be snapped up. We may have chugged a week more than I would have liked but most the promising Frees would have been snapped up by the bigger clubs any way and that looks not like the case. The game was not chugged from that point so every one will have the same chance as the guys who stayed on late to shortlist last night. Thursday night is a fresh start for many so good luck to all. i would like to thank all the guys who played for their continued commitment and patience. It has been a great first season with not too many problems. Its only a start tho, and I am sure we will play many more. A comprehensive 1st season analysis will follow....

Rosco

### ASTONISHINGLY BRILLIANT SHIRE FINISH HIGHER ###

Well East Stirling's great form of late continued as we were unbeaten last night and in the last 4 games of the Season. The Shire held the key to an extent to the promotion battle with both Bod and Ally Shaw struggling to defeat us as they raced for 2nd spot. The Shire did not let any one down in these 2 matches and that together with a great 5-0 win over Toner's spiders and great 2-1 victory away to Muzzy's Elgin secured a top half finish in the table. Much to the surprise of the board, bookies,fans and rivals I am sure. Sadly our Defensive Stalwart and skipper Brian Irvine has decided to retire tho and at 38 he was awzome at the heart of our defence. peter Grant also hung his boots up and played his part as the hatchet man in midfield, they will be missed. Razor Ruddock, and Robert Dunn along with a view others were released or freed as some new signing were due this summer. About half a dozen new faces including Plymouth's Paul Bernard have agreed terms and have signed for zero money changing hands. At the start of the season the Shire were awfull and received some real tankings. The rise from bottom spot to 4th has been truly astonishingly brilliant and very surprising. I truly believe i really do that we were destined to finish bottom as the Shire were the worst team at the start thats why nobody wanted them. Its been a great challenge for me tho and the side is now more or less how i wants them and we can go on and build and develop in season 2, I am sure. The main reason for the turn around has been the dedicated training regime and the experience thats was added through out the season. Formation wise and tactically we have been well organized and have settled now into our own style of play which has been very pleasing. Stand out so far have been young skillfull striker Stuart kelly who won fans player of the year and our experienced keeper Keith Welch who was simply awzome. We made our selves hard to beat and played some descent football along the way. Next season will be just as hard however , but i am sure the boys will not let me down, they have been utterly fantastic and done me proud.

Rosco

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 16th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

With the season drawing to a close, we are all excited about the race for promotion to the 2nd Division. With some crucial forthcoming games, I moved to strengthen our midfield with the signings of Danny Philpott and Stephen Brannan, the latter joining on a free from Newcastle United.

Montrose have always given us bother when we’ve played them this season, but my side were highly motivated for the visit of new gaffer Sandy Thomson’s side. Injuries to Burgess, Ready, Moss and the suspension of Petric forced me to change the side, but I’d like to think we have enough depth in the squad to accommodate such demands.

Not surprisingly, the game itself was a tough affair with Scott and Nicholas both having to be taken off thanks to some strong tackles from Montrose. Eventually the referee took action to protect my players by sending Reily off. Victory for us was earned by a single Mallan goal, a win which was vital to ensure that we remained in the promotion race.

Another three points would be required when the under fire Gary Toner brought his Queen’s Park side to Forthbank. However I couldn’t have imagined how emphatic our triumph would be as we ran out 9-1 winners. Clague opened the scoring on 5 minutes with a 30 yard screamer and Wright doubled our advantage with a header. We squandered a chance when Waddell failed to convert a penalty, but Clague soon bagged another and another wonder goal from Nicholas made it four. Mallan’s goal just before the interval gave us a 5-0 advantage at half time and we continued our onslaught in the second period. Clague scored another four, giving him a double hat trick, while George netted a consolation goal for the ragged Spiders.

Not surprisingly for such a superhuman effort, Clague was named the Bell’s Player of the Month again.

The trip to Chris Nicol’s East Fife is never an easy one, especially as we were without our playmaker Philip Scott. Things started badly when former Bino Kerrigan scored, but Clague equalised and put us back in with a shout. With a radio to my ear I listen for any score at the Albion Rovers game and to my joy, learned that they were being beaten. However we squandered the chances to take the win and more importantly, squandered the chance to close the gap to a single point as we approached the final day of the season.

With Albion Rovers three points and three goals better off, I didn’t fancy our chances of pulling off a shock when Ross Turpie’s East Stirlingshire came calling for our final match. Our hopes were dashed even more as I surveyed the physio room, with Waddell, Murray, Skidmore, Moss and Scott all nursing injuries.

The fact that Albion won their game made our result irrelevant, but the score ended 1-1 with goal machine Clague bagging a final goal this season; taking his tally close to 50 in all competitions.

The season has been an eventful one for us, as we failed at the final hurdle in Challenge Cup Final and narrowly lost out on promotion. However all of this adds to the experience and with the squad I have here, I am confident that we’ll be one of the favourites for promotion in the forthcoming campaign.

My players have shown a fantastic amount of dedication and commitment and I was thrilled to hear that Wright, Waddell (who has returned to Dundee United) and Petric were named in the Bells 2nd Division Team of the Year. Wright was also runner up in the Bells 2nd Division Player of the Year award, while Clague once again scooped the Bells 2nd Division Player of the Month and was crowned our Player of the Year by you, the fans; who have been superb in your backing all season.

Already I have been strategising for our new season, with David Macrae joining from Inverness Caledonian Thistle, while George Shaw comes from Forfar, Ian Maxwell from St. Johnstone, Holger Greilich from Omonia Nicosia and William Bald signs from St. Mirren.

Douglas Chalmers has moved on to St. Johnstone and Steven Reily has also parted company with us. We wish both these players well in their futures.

The current football climate is providing us with some interesting transfer opportunities and I am confident that there will be more players coming and going in time for the start of the new season.

Enjoy the new season!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

########## THE SCOTTISH CLAN NETGAME - HOST'S OFFICIAL SEASON 1 SUMMARY ##########

Its over, and it was a cracker. We started with 10 gaffers and with no Ai teams we packed the Scottish 3rd Division with a derby every week, it was awzome. Amazingly no one was sacked after a few suspect gaffers brushed with the 'insecure' status, but they all managed to keep their jobs and Clan status by the skin off their teeth. Two of the original starter's Dukeboxand Sleazy Manager aka Tino retired and were replaced by DundeeBhoy Murray Etherington at Elgin, and Sandy 'theregistry' Thomson who took oer Jeff Duke's Montrose. We blitzed through 1 season in about 5-6 weeks and about 10 sessions. There was some slow play and frustrating moments but on the whole we made steady progress and the server was smooth. A few crash situations set us back and we lost a couple of match days data, but they were replayed in Holiday mode, to much the same result. The two relegated sides from the 2nd Div Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath have been filled by new gaffers Scots aka Kenny Wilson and Sav aka Stewart Robertson, so we are up to 12 strong now in the Clan. Welcome on board guys!

So what about game play? Well it was excellent, the constant derby games against human rivals made for some fantastic 2d battles. The clan IRC room was red hot with banter as the goals flew in at both ends of the table. To be honest most gaffers took points off each other and were capable of beating anyone on their day, especially at home. The new data patch EP3 has really added some much needed gritty realism to CM and the Scottish leagues. Hardly any foreigners were willing to come to our backwater league and most the descent free's elected to play their football elsewhere so it was very hard to bring in any quality at all. Some gaffers managed to lure some talent, among them were Ally Shaw's Striling Albion. Ally managed to bring in some great signing's like Yugoslavian Gordan Petric and David Moss. He also signed the man of the Season Neal Claugue the Scouse Forward whooz sheer Physical presence, determination and workrate was un-rivaled and he was by far the season's biggest star. No teams had any real money to spend and the guys who did wasted it on dross.Jim Hastie blew 32k on completemince Gretna, and Coisty sold the Maisano Brothersin a controversial move to Dogs for 7k . Elgin's Swiss Striker Subiatcaught they eye, signed for 1k by Martin Arthur.The worst signing of the season goes to Jim Hastie's Gretna. Jim payed 14k for Mark Hudson from Fulham who was a total flop.

Best overall performance must go to Dog's Peterhead and Clan Champion Alex Holligan for his tactical mastery and consistency thru out the season, winning the 3rd Division by a mile.Dogs Blue Toon were solid at the back only conceding 30 goals most of which were at the end of the seaon as he threw a few games to keep some gaffers in employment. Alex's Success was mostly based around his Solid Defense which was packed with experience. Stevie'Bod'Mcguiness clinched the 2nd Spot after a nail biting tussle with Stirling's Ally Shawwhich went right to the wire. Bods meteoric rise from Bottom Place! was 'astonishingly brilliant' and his form was superb both home and away. The Wee Rovers performed magnificently with top ScorerCharlie McLean bagging well over 30 goals and spearheading Bod's robust mobile 442 tactic. Ally Shaw's Stirling Albion were unlucky not to get anything out this season. Defeat in the Challenge Cup Finaland poor away form cost Shaw dearly. Shaw's Stirling were the most attacking team however scoring over a whopping 70 league goals largely down to awzome signing Neal Claugue who terrorised every team in the Division, scoring 35 goals in the process. The Shire managed the most signings and unearthed some real value for free, most notably Brian Irvine from Ross County and Keith Welch from Northampton Town. Some Cracking loan players graced our game, guys like Bryan Prunty & Jamie 'smudger' Smith from Celtic, Christer George from Rosenborg, Gary Fiskin & Jason Norville from Watford, Chris Llewellyn from Norwich and Trevor Benjamin from Leicster. Most gaffers welcomed the cover and quality they offered to what was a very talentless league.

There was no real failures at the end of the day as all the managers kept their jobs despite some boardroom discontent. Coisty's Morton were the biggest underachievers and were by far the best team at the start of the season until he took charge. No teams really made any inroad in the Cup competitions, Elgin City under Martin Arthur had some descent victories, as did Morton & Peterhead. Montrose also initially performed poorly under previous gaffer Jeff Duke and are struggling with new gaffer Sandy Thomson at the helm. Chris Nicol's East Fife and Elgin City failed to make any impact and faded into mid table obscurity. The Fifers failed to improve from a descent start and new Clan member Murray Etherington is in a rebuilding process at Elgin. The two teams that struggled most were surprisingly Queens Park under gaffer Gary Toner. The spiders were very poor indeed, and Gaz was lucky not to collect his jotters for his abysmal time in charge. Gretna came last and luckless gaffer Jim Hastie struggled to really find any form and reverse the poor morale that dogged the 'Black & Whites' all season. Things were improving slightly with the bottom clubs so a fresh start for season two would hopefully reverse their fortunes and see them head north once again.

So thats is it! honest as ever, and a great start to what hopefully will be a very longterm netgame. The new gaffers Scots and Sav will hopefully freshen up the Division nest season, and the preseason will give the existing gaffers time to regroup and strengthen for next campaign. Above all the game has been fun to play if not frustratingly realistic, and the banter and commitment has been excellent. All the new players together with the older heads have gelled well and made this the most exciting Scottish Clan Netgame to date. I would like to thank every one of you for making this possible. Without your continued support it is all pointless....

Thanks again Lads!

Rosco

2003Scottish3rdTable.jpg

[This message was edited by TURPS on 17 June 2003 at 22:30.]

SportsXtra's Latest News.

Sons Appoint New Manager.

The Dumbarton Board shocked the footballing world last night by annocuncing their new manager.

Dumbarton was relegated from the Scottish Second Division last season and are now determined to make major changes for the club's best interest.

But have they gone mad?

Yes, it seems they have. After a couple of days of speculation, the Dumbarton board have sacked their manager. The fans were shocked at this information and that was not the end of it.

The news filtered out that a new man was appointed. This brought some hope to a big name to move them in the right direction, but these were shot down in a flash as the club announced that they have appointed Kenny Wilson as manager.

Fans were shocked around Dumbarton and around the whole of Scotland, but most realised that the club has embarked on a new era.

Reports from the club have been leaked to the press regarding why Kenny Wilson was brought in as manager. Several reports stated that the financial sitution is looking very insecure. Most reports have stated that there is no money available and the club would need to receive some sort of income to stay afloat. These were all denied by the club.

The club will hold a consultation with the fans on friday regarding the appointment and allow the fans to ask questions and seek assurances that Kenny is the man for the job. SportsXtra will exclusively be there to report on the consultation.

Kenny Wilson was unable to talk to us as he is gearing up for a long and hard job of managing a team which has suffered from being relegated and will need to improve moral ahead of the season. However, after the press conference he did say "I'm proud to be managing a football club such as Dumbarton and I'll do my very best to bring success to the club. After being relegated from the second division the club needs the support of the fans and allow us time to adjust to life in the third division. We will need to work extremely hard and I believe we can go up and stay in the higher divisions. This year will see some changes and if we have a chance to go up, we will fight al the way. Our stadium is to be our Rock, our stepping stone, our fortress. Teams visiting the stadium have to find it hard to get any points. The morale, the will to win & our never give up attitude will help us succeed. I'm making no promises, but I believe that Dumbarton can be in the second division within three years. Hopefully however, we are in the second division come the end of the season."

We can however, confirm that Dumbarton has agreed to allow us exclusive press rights and allow us full access to the club to report on the progress. A major coup for SportsXtra allowing fans of Dumbarton and the supporters of Scottish football a chance to see and follow Dumbarton up close.

Latest News & Results Will Be Made Available As Soon As We Get Them.

Archived