The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scots:

Jimbhoy

After some of the scores Dumbarton racked up, I thought you would be happy with 0-0.

lol, joking<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too true, too true. icon_biggrin.gif

Fortress New Bayview

I have no qualms whatsover in announcing that even after a session where my Fifers lost 9-0 <shudder> that we are still awesome at home. We have yet to concede a home goal and while we may not be racking them up at the other end i'm confident they will come soon. One my reasons for this confidence is the introductions of new strikers David Clarkson (Motherwll) and Duncan McLean (Dundee) both on loan. We do have a awful young team now and I think that does show espescially on our travels as we struggle to get to grips with games but at home the boys have proved their worth.

The session started with a 0-0 home draw against Pete's Morton side, which I was fairly happy with as Morton are a big club with good players and it was a clean sheet that keeper Jim Butter should be proud off.

Then away from home we...well...we lost 9-0 to Dumbarton. I am thoroughly ashamed an so are the players. We were going out with the same attacking flair as our home games and we were simply being outplayed all over the pitch. It is something we are working on in training and we hope nothing like this happens again as long as i'm at the helm of East Fife FC.

I tried to put the memories of that game behind me and told the players to do the same as we were at home next. Kenny Duechar rose above the keeper to get our only goal of the session but Montrose were unable to troule Butter and it was another clean sheet.

Overall i'm pretty happy, we seem very solid at home and i'm sure the strikers will start bagging loads of goals. If we can turn our away record round then we could be challenging for promotion but that is easier said than done.

Guest sav112

Sorry if it sounded like I was asking for it to be used tonight icon_eek.gif, I was just giving you a heads up. It’s up at 7pm so I don’t think we could use it tonight, the download servers will be red hot for a day or two don’t you think. icon_wink.gif

The game ran ok last time anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

Catch you later. icon_smile.gif

Sav.

The Spiders Web

Another session passed, another edition of the glory that is the spiders web.

It's my pleasure to announce that David Vam Zanten and Paul Scharner will be joining the spiders on loan from Celtic and Austria Vienna respectivly, it is also my pleasure to announce two new signings in Andy Morrison and Fouhad Belaid from Stirling and Hamton and Richmond again respectivly.

We start this review with a visit of Montrose to the lair of the spiders that is Hampden Park, a Justin Georcelin 53rd minute strike and a Jack Own Goal was enough to seal all 3 points as we ran out winners.

Final Score - Queens Park 2 - 1 Montrose

Borrough Briggs was the next destination as a confident Queens side took on Elgin City, unfortunalty a Scharner own goal and a bremner strike late on dampned our spirits as Elgin were victorious

Final Score - Elgin 2 - 0 Queens Park

We welcomed Stirling to the national stadium as we looked to put last weeks defeat behind us and that is exactly what we did in good style a Steven McAdam hat-trick secured the points

Final Score - Queens Park 3 - 1 Stirling

Our early season form has been good as we site 2nd in the league the question is will our form hold out?

Gary Toner

Elgin Evening News

Eye On Elgin City: Session Review

Hello Readers,

Well after the Cowdenbeath defeat at the tail end of the previous session I was looking for big things from the team. I augmented the side with another quality loan, young Steven Robb of Dundee has joined until the end of the season. This will add even greater strength and depth to the midfield. We have also signed Barry Thomson from Deveronvale as third choice keeper at the club. I have been working hard on the training pitch with the lads to try and sort out the defensive problems that seem to be occurring but it is looking more and more like a losing battle. It seems that a rethink of the back line could be in order as the boys, in particular the central pairing, have to concede that they are really not giving the sort of performances that will propel us into contention at the top of the league.

Further to our announcement that a bid had been made for Magnus Porsteinsson from Albion Rovers I can confirm that the bid of £20k plus an additional future sell clause has been accepted by the board and we expect Magnus to be a Rovers player by the end of the week. I am sure that you will wish Magnus all the best in his future with Albion. I must also make it plain that there was no falling out with Magnus and, contrary, to some reports there was no dressing room bust up after the East Stirling match – I felt that the offer (for a player who cost only £1k last season) was too good to refuse. I also refute allegations that I will in anyway benefit financially from this transaction.

Rovers Make Light Work of Challenge

McLean Brace Sinks Elgin

Albion Rovers came back to haunt old adversaries Elgin City in the third round of the Challenge Cup at Borrough Briggs. Albion started as they meant to go on when McLean scored an early goal as the City defence where posted missing. The game then started to swing towards Elgin with Porteinsson a constant threat to the Rovers goal. However Mackie slotted home a blatant penalty before Porsteinsson pulled a goal back for the Black and Whites. Elgin pushed forward looking for the equaliser that could give then a Challenge Cup lifeline. However as they pushed one Albion hit them on the break with strike sensation McLean bagging his second. At the end of the match a philosophical Elgin manager would only say “You win some, you loss some. It was a diddy cup anywayâ€

Elgin 1 Albion 3

The Sun – Challenge Cup Supplement

10 Man East Stirling Steal 3 Points

Dressing Room Unrest at Elgin

This was a game that Elgin had down on the card as one where an away victory was possible. Both sides started well enough with Elgin playing deep defensive football and looked assured at the back, certainly not a common site for followers of the black and whites. However it was not long until the match looked as though it was going to turn in City’s favour when Bernard got himself needlessly sent off. He went into a tackle and rightly got booked, however he then decided to protest and after being warned he continued his tirade. At this point he received a second yellow and was sent off. Instead of playing more cautiously Etherington decided to push on. However this decision was to have disastrous consequences as East Stirling went on to score a fine breakaway effort through Robinson and then created some of the best chances of the match. Elgin looked a rabble at the back and inept up front. At the end of the match Elgin City boss Etherington kept his side in the dressing room for an hour after the game and reports suggest that a large dressing bust up occurred with an insider claiming that Etherington had to be pulled away from Magnus Porsteinsson. Etherington denies these allegations but has so far made no comment to the press. Reports also suggest that he has banned the players from speaking to the press.

East Stirling 1 Elgin City 0

Daily Record – Score Magazine

Elgin Take Frustration Out on Queens Park

Dressing Room Strife Sorted

This match took place with a feel good factor emanating through Borrough Briggs. Prior to the game Elgin boss Murray Etherington gave a press conference claiming that all in the Elgin City garden was rosy. This newfound peace and harmony was taken out onto the pitch as the players played some good, flowing football. The first goal, a ridiculous error from Scharner who decided to head the ball past his own keeper from a rather innocuous looking cross helped to settle some nerves before Bremner smashed home a well worked second. Elgin looked good throughout and thorough deserved the victory against a poor Queens Park side. The only downside was the loss of Tully for 3 weeks due to a hefty challenge early on in the first half.

Elgin City 2 Queens Park 0

Re-Gretna-ing Selling Porsteinsson?

That must be the question ringing around the Briggs today. After watching this dismal performance against the league whipping boys I was deeply embarrassed to be a black and white supporter. We totally dominated the match but, once again, shocking defending and a lack of quality striking (Porsteinsson anyone?) cost us dear. To Gretna’s credit they have improved greatly from last season but really to get beaten in such a fashion is terrible. I now that the money from the Posteinsson transfer will be useful but can someone at the club please give us a decent explanation of this disastrous idea? I fear that although Etherington might claim that he wants to take us up the higher divisions but by selling our best players we wont go anywhere. Well played to Gretna though who scored to well worked goals through Bone and Lau – however I cant help thinking that the big Icelandic god would have had something to say about this scoreline.

Gretna 2 Elgin City 0

The Brigg Boys – Elgin City Fanzine

Guest sav112

The blue Brazil fanzine (By the fans for the fans).

Finally after the long wait and with some other teams signing or attempting to sign every player in Scotland The Blue Brazil finally got their fresh blood they needed for the new season. The new signing of Stuart MacDonald from Morton in a part exchange should give us a more solid defence.

Craig strachan has proved an inspired player since he arrived in a 5K move from last years winners peter head forming the heart of our mid-field also from the same team came Sean Christie giving us more options up front and becoming a fans favourite with his goals so far. David Moss was signed from Stirling as much needed cover

And the big risk for 10K Steven Bell a very promising very adaptable player and could be the signing of the season, a young fantastic player, solid in defence and a real play maker in attack.

Total spend 17K

As with most teams we have moved on Chris Webster, Fraser carver, Willie Miller, James Williams and Jason lay all for a nice 11K.

We started by warming up with friendly against Peterhead 0-2 loss followed by a 1-0 loss to Arbroath ands then onto Dumbarton with another 2-0 loss obviously the Manager looked concerned about not scoring a goal yet, but emits he’s still fine tuning tactics.

Our first league game was home to Montrose and only lost the game in the last minute of the game to a well-taken Ceri Hughes strike. It was Manager Stewart Robertson’s first competitive game and you could see he was still accessing his new squad.

Next was Cup duties and the Fans could not have asked for any more from the team, disappointed at loosing 3-2 to Raith Rovers but happy we got on the score sheet with both goals coming from new signing Sean Christie unfortunately Thomas Courts was injured.

Back to the league and an away game to Elgin this was a hard fought game with a late equalizer being chalked off and the final score of Elgin 2 Cowden 1 (Magnus sverrir porsteinsson had an out standing game for Elgin).

Home to Stirling and we crashed 2-0, Cowden we simply very poor on the day. Brian Deane was in good form for the other side.

Away to Morton and it was a hard fought draw and our first points, David Knox gave us the lead but Alex Williams got the dreaded equalizer for Morton. Unfortunately Craig winter let the side down with a red card on the 75th min mark. 1-1

Next was an anticipated hard game at Firs Park and again Sean Christie equalizer in the 68 th min gave us that much needed point. 1-1

League cup first round. A decent all round performance from a team missing a few first team regulars we held our own only to lose a 78 min goal by Allan Russell. Again Steven bell played very well for the blue Brazil.

Next at home to Queens Park 2-1 Iain Mauchlen and Sean Christie did the business on the park, fantastic overall performance from a team shaping up well.

I had high hope over at Gretna for a win and we got it but only just 0-1 only a penalty decided it but then again they were some strong tackling from the other side and they deserved to loose the penalty for it. The only down side we came back with a few injuries.

East fife was always going to be a hard game and it was a played out draw with the high point being the form of Knox and Neeson for the Beath. Neeson is shaping up well for the new season.

Our visit to the rock was a pleasant surprise as we walked off with the points 3-1 again Knox and Christie proving just what a good pairing they are. A class match all round. Again Neeson MOM.

With a free Window a friendly to the reserves was played and to their credit the reserves won 1-0 and was seen as a good team building exercise from the manager.

Our away tie at Montrose gave me concern as I rate them highly but again the team surpassed themselves and three points were bagged this time by 2-0 Christie and mauchlen. (mom)

Manager’s thoughts

“ I am pleased at the progress the team have made over the last few weeks, they are playing well in a new system to them and the new players are bedding in better than expected. High praise has to go to Christie and Bell who have given the team so much movement and class. Our injuries are clearing up and with Sullivan coming back it’s giving me a problem just who to play up front. The defence has improved and now look an organised settled unit. I look forward to our next game at home to Elgin and am pleased that we have jumped from 10th to 5th in the league. I would also like to announce that we have one more new signing coming in at the next transfer window and will be giving an exclusive to the fanzine next issueâ€

If you got the ep4 patch get it again because they released a bugged one first with washing up were crossing is in the stats. LOL

Sav.

### Deep from within the Corridors of Power @ Firs Park ###

Season 2 is well and truly underway now and apart from red hot favorites Stirling Albion, all the other Teams with the exception of Gretna are capable of making the 2nd promotion spot. All the teams have greatly improved this season and Shire are struggling to keep up, as most the quality players available are opting for the bigger clubs in the division. Shire's form of late has been pretty disappointing to say the least. We have had an unbelievable run of away games of late but have scraped some points her and there and are only 5 points of the 2nd spot although we sit in 8th position. the squad lacks experience with the youngsters being thrown in at every opportunity. Shire probably have the best youth team in the division which bodes well for the future, but results are needed now. it is true we have changed our style of play a little this season and we have started better than last year. So if we can continue to develop and finish well like last season we might have a chance of being up there, who knows....heres how the last 2 sessions went.

16.8.03 EAST STIRLING 1 Elgin 0

A good gutsy win over Murray's Elgin secured more vital points after Marvin Robinson scored a late winner. The game could have went either way, but Shire showed good character as they played most the game with 10 men, after experienced DMC Bernard got his marching orders in the first half.

23.8.03 Stirling 3 EAST STIRLING 0

Ally Shaw's Albion Army were just too strong and on this performance firmly established themselves as the title favorites as Shire struggled to get a foothold or anything from the game.

30.8.03 EAST STIRLING 1 Cowdenbeath 1

Its fair to say that SHIRE dominated most the game and had the better chances taking a 1st half lead through loanee Chris Llewellyn. Beaths Assitant manager was in charge and was largely credited for Sean Christie's equaliser as under gaffer Sav's Beath had struggled.

10.9.03 Raith Rovers 0 EAST STIRLING 3 (League Cup 1st Round)

We were awzome and marvellous Marvin Robinson took all tyhe plaudits scoring a great hat-rick putting the 1st Division outfit out the Cup.

13.9.03 Morton 2 EAST STIRLING 0

AWOL Ton gaffer was the catalyst for a good Morton win. Sloppy defending cost Shire dearly as the lack of experience at the back was there for all to see. On another Day when Coisty had been in control we might have won, but it was just not Shire's day.

20.9.03 Queens Park 3 EAST STIRLING 1

The run of away games continued and Shire again struggled to hold Gaz Toners Spiderz as they coasted to victory. Queens park had some greta new players this season and had turned the corner as Shire found out to their cost.

24.9.03 East Fife 3 EAST STIRLING 0 (League Cup 2nd Round)

The battle of the 'Easts' in the League Cup was a huge game for either side, and in the end it was a sore one for Shire. Another poor performance largely due to sloppy defending continued the poor away form. Chris Nicols Shire played well and were deserved of their win. Shire's poor play flattered them however as we did not perform and will miss the lucrative next round..gutted...

27.9.03 EAST STIRLING 3 Gretna 0

At last a win and a home game! And the unbeaten 100% record against Jimbo's Greeting Gretna continued through a great Marv double and Paul Ritchie strike.

4.10.03 East Fife 2 EAST STIRLING 1

After the Cup defeat in the previous encounter Shire were desperate to make ammends. This time around the game was closer but Fifers wee naff Deuchar was the difference as Shire were unlucky not to equalize and get something out the game.

18.10.03 Dumbarton 2 EAST STIRLING1

The 7th away game in the last 9 saw Shire continue to get no luck as Neil adams own goal in the end was the difference. Shire dominated and created more than Kenny's Sons but failed to take their chances after a poor start loosing an early goal. Dumbarton had been playing well of late, so at least we competed and the performance was better than in previous games. Shire's luck would turn soon......

Guest sav112

TURPS

"Its fair to say that SHIRE dominated most the game and had the better chances taking a 1st half lead through loanee Chris Llewellyn. Beaths Assitant manager was in charge and was largely credited for Sean Christie's equaliser as under gaffer Sav's Beath had struggled."

So what your saying is the AI got the better of you. LoL with my tactics, you can’t say that now that's 4 wins last night my boy and 1 draw. 5th place on 15 points. the team is organised now Mate and I'll be ready for round two with your team o yeah.......

sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

TURPS

"Its fair to say that SHIRE dominated most the game and had the better chances taking a 1st half lead through loanee Chris Llewellyn. Beaths Assitant manager was in charge and was largely credited for Sean Christie's equaliser as under gaffer Sav's Beath had struggled."

So what your saying is the AI got the better of you. LoL with my tactics, you can’t say that now that's 4 wins last night my boy and 1 draw. 5th place on 15 points. the team is organised now Mate and I'll be ready for round two with your team o yeah.......

sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wouldnae get gallus Sav its a tight league and a long way to go 4 wins is feck aw, the stats dont lie icon_wink.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 30th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

Much to my delight, our early season form has propelled us to the top of the league. We have an excellent squad and will need to utilise every player to their potential if we are to ensure success. It is important that we can have suitable backup for out first team, so when Holger Greilich was ruled out for 2 months with a groin strain, I wasn’t too concerned as I knew Stephen Wright would be a more than able deputy.

However, I’m always looking to add to the side and took the spare time from our CIS Insurance League Cup bye to bring in some new faces. In comes “Sir†Les Ferdinand, who surely needs no introduction and joins us on a player/coaching contract. I’m sure his experience and professionalism will be vital both on and off the park.

Also joining us are two young midfielders. Adam Fraser and Alex Martin, the latter joining after a spell with Charlton, will be given time to develop in the youth side.

We where heavy favourites to overcome the visit of Jim Hastie’s Gretna side and I knew that a victory could extend our 2 point cushion at the top. Liam Miller and Neal Clague may have been absent with injury, but with Kevin Kyle back and Ferdinand on the bench, I was confident that we could create and take chances.

However we got off to a poor start as Alex Bone raced away to give the visitors an unexpected lead. Brian Dean pulled us level, before heading home a second to put us into a 2-1 lead. A careless header from Gordon Petric allowed Michael Lau to restore and equilibrium, but we entered the halftime dressing room with a goal advantage as Mortimer’s shot from the edge of the area was deflected into the net by Deane, who bagged a first half hat trick in the process.

At the interval I had emphasised the importance of another goal, as it would kill of any hope of a Gretna comeback. But I could not have imagined just how strongly we would perform in the second period of the game.

Petric’s penalty conversion gave me the goal I craved and when Maxwell headed home from a corner kick, we found ourselves winning 5-2. A cool finish from Nicholas gave us another, and then Nicholas robbed the Gretna defence of possession before crossing into the box for Kyle to nod home. Kyle scored a clone of this minutes later and sealed his hat trick just before the end to cap and emphatic 9-2 victory.

To be honest there was nothing between the sides in the first half, but we rocked in the second 45, punishing Gretna at every opportunity. However it’s the points that count and the win opened up a gap of 5 points between us and the chasing pack.

Sadly however, one of our hat trick hero’s, Brian Deane, will be out for a month with a groin strain.

Not surprisingly after such a victory, we travelled in confidence to Chris Nicol’s East Fife. The injury to Deane opened up a slot on the bench for Clague, who was looking to return to action after his injury layoff.

Kyle opened the scoring for us, but our celebrations were not to last as Clarkston equalised on the stroke of halftime. However we continued to battle away throughout the second half and when a teasing Nicholas run created a chance for Kyle, the big striker tucked away a late winner to give us a slender victory.

We were the first side to score at New Bayview this season and it was pleasing to note that we limited their shots on target to a single effort as this was exactly the type of fixture that we would slip up on last year.

However the CIS Insurance League Cup 2nd Round game at Aberdeen was a very different challenge for us as we entered the game with odds of 10-1 at causing an upset. With Danny Lennon back I was keen to assert some form of midfield battle, but we found ourselves lacking that cutting edge against the SPL side and could do nothing but watch in awe as Derek Young scored a screamer from distance before adding a second to give The Dons a 2-0 win. An injury to Petric will also see him out of action for 2 months with a torn groin muscle; however the money men at the club will be delighted with our share of the 10,000 attendance and I thank you all for making the effort to travel and back your team.

Kenny Wilson’s Dumbarton have been in free scoring form of late, and I voiced a note of concern to our defence before we welcomed them to Forthbank. Kyle headed us into the lead, but the dismissal of Maxwell soon after this gave me a tactical headache. Lennon stroking home a penalty just before halftime was the perfect tonic and when we were awarded another soft spot kick, Danny gave us a 3-0 lead. Clague returned to the goal scoring action by heading in a fourth, pushing us 8 points clear of our nearest rivals with Dumbarton failing to get a single shot anywhere near goal.

Kevin Kyle’s goals have been invaluable so far this season and I was delighted to learn that he had be named the Bells 3rd Division Player of the Month.

Montrose have always been a side I don’t enjoy playing and when McConalogue put us a goal down I knew that we were set for another difficult encounter, especially when Philip Scott had a goal chopped off for offside.

However Clague managed to prod home an equaliser and then put us ahead by rounding the keeper and finishing. But two more goals from McConalogue earned him the match ball and ensured that we went home with nothing except the news that Kyle had injured, yes you guessed it, his groin and would be out for 3 weeks.

We hit the road again to travel north for the game at Elgin and found the perfect start when Scott scored from a fine set piece move. Clague snuck in to make it 2-0 on 20 minutes, but McMillan pulled one back on the stroke of halftime. However our win was secured when Stephen Wright raced into the box and finished to send us 8 points clear of 2nd place Montrose.

We conclude our news roundup with the announcement that Hogarth will be moving to Dumbarton in December.

Hopefully we can continue to pick up the points that will be needed to increase the daylight between us and the chasing pack. With your continued support, I’m sure we can end this season with success.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wouldnae get gallus Sav its a tight league and a long way to go 4 wins is feck aw, the stats dont lie icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true, I was concerned that my team would be left behind so being smack bang in the middle of the pack is fantastic. I might not have any budget left but I feel my team will do ok. Unless they all get injured, the 2 month torn groin injury seems to be spreading in my team I don’t know what the lads are up to?

Hey the old game ran great on Monday, any idea if we’ll be using EP4 on Thursday or should we just leave it. They say on the forums the earlier you use it date wise in the game the better for compatibility.

Sav.

After a much common disappointing start to the season, things started to pick up and continue through this session.

It started of with an exit from the challenge cup vs Falkirk who ended up the cups eventual winners. Samual scored Falkirks opener, fallowed shortly after half time by Lawrie and Miller finished us of by an spendid finish. Falkirk 3 Morton 0.

The league game fallowed against the cheating bawbags that are east Stirling. Once again Turperoonie attempted to cheat by chrashing my PC and then he gave me some lecture about RAM so I couldn't join to take on his duds. This however backfired as Durie did good work to walk over the visitors through goals from goodridge and Super Williams. However, My RAM aloud to let me play again, conveniantly after the game and I discovered that Turps ugly players had put Alex Williams out of the game for 2 months GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Morton 2 East Stirling 0

Next was a visit to Montrose, who's form has been second to none since there gaffer has gone on holiday, They gave us a right good going over and ended up takeing the lead with Jack. Mconologue was menecing the whole game and deserved his goal to put Trose 2 - 0 up. On loan Ton striker Boylan pulled back the score to put us back into the game but after a horrendous mix up in Defence Hughes punch the ball into his own net to make the final score Montrose 3 Morton 1

Next we played host to the improoved Queens park who were determined that we were not gonna keep the 3 points at Cappilow. McAdam started the events of by scoring to put the spiders 1-0 up but on form Boylan leveled the scoring. Former Ton Eddie annand was out to proove that he was worth more than the contract Pete Abraham offered and finished a good run with an equally good goal to put the Spiders up. however, Boylan was not going to allow these events to spoil his day and scored a further 2 goals before full time. Morton 3 Queens park 2

Next Elgin visited Greenock and in the end of the day they had wished the had stayed at home as Rampent Ton treated them like drunk 11 year old school girls playing netball in a football game. Notman added 4 to his goal tally and Boylan scored 2 to round of a good day for the Blue and white hoops albiet a conselation goal by Love. Morton 6 Elgin 1

The fallowing Game was another home game against Gretna and could of been a turn for the worse as Notman was given his packing orders early on the game. However Boylan was in no mood to allow this to spoil his form and scored a now common hattrick. Before Miller scored possibly the goal of the season by swhooting just over the half way line and targetting it over the happless Gretna Keeper. Morton 4 Gretna 0

I'm Sh!te and I Know I Am

A good session game wise as Gretna managed to get 7 games played during the session, sadly we won none. The problem for me is that I don't know if it's sh!te tactics I have, is it sh!te players I have..........or am I just sh!te at CM4. icon_frown.gif

For the record the session results were:

League

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Stirling 9 Gretna 2

Gretna 0 Cowdenbeath 1

East Stirling 3 Gretna 0

Gretna 1 Queen's Park 1

Morton 4 Gretna 0

</pre>

League Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Gretna 1 Stranraer 1 (Gretna won 3-2 on pens

Livingston 3 Gretna 0

</pre>

For the majority of games we don't even manage any attacking play despite playing an attacking formation, ah well as I've typed this I know realise a common denominator here.

I'm Sh!te and I Know I Am

See ye all Thursday.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Guest sav112

Jim, my Cowden only just won and that was with a penalty. How many goals have you lost to poor challenges in the box? icon_rolleyes.gif

Manager-to-Manager I decided on my tactics and formation and tailed my signings around it. It could be your attacking stance is leaving your team exposed, and you have them on hard tackling if I’m not wrong or did it just seem that way in our game lol I didn’t need a team bus when I player you I needed an ambulance I kid you not I lost about five players to injuries. icon_eek.gif

I heard a rumour the Gretna Keeper was a bit iffy icon_wink.gif. To be fair and I may be wrong about this but I don’t think it’s the best of squad you have there to begin with, I gave them a quick looking over last game. But with a few signings you’ll get there, I mean with a few wins next session your right back in it I was 10th last week now I ‘m joint 5th.

Sav.

GameHeader.jpg

### Game will be up for 8pm chug. ill be on sometime between 7 and 8 as i am busy today sorry. Also the mac patch is not out, might today so as far as i know it will be ep3 tonight. Anyone who has patched the ep4 will not be able to play. Next Monday's session looks in doubt as i am booked for a we break. Cyas tonight for the fest###

Rosco

Guest sav112

LoL too right mate it worked well on Monday, I just thought we all had pc’s. I did not think that the server was a Mac. Hay good on the Mac its good for something after all.

I used the Mac’s back in 93 when they were graphically and user friendly (first with point and clik) so superior it was a joke to us the 33Mhz pc. I could work and play a music CD back then no problems on the power Mac, the pc were to put it mildly pish only good for data bases.

Now my only experience with macs is them F**king up the network because a few individuals still use them with that bloddy apple talk.

Sav.

The Spiders Web

Session Review

League cup business was first up as we travelled to Palmerston Park to take on Queen Of The South although we were out played for most of the game the longer it went the more confident i became, that confidence was running high when a returning Eddie Annand stuck just before the hour mark to put us 1 up it wasn't to last long as some comical defending cost us dear as a Q.O.S comeback was on lead by Weatherstone who hit a brace on the 77th and 92nd min.

League Cup 1st rnd - Q.O.S 2 - 1 Queens Park

League business was on the cards again as we travelled to Central park to take on league new comers Cowdenbeath in a close run game McAdam scoring a mere consolation for the spiders.

Cowdenbeath 2 - 1 Queens Park

A home game was next as we looked to put the prevouis defeats behind us and take all 3 points from a inspiring East Stirling side, Chris Burke scored his first goal for Queens Park early on before Robinson of East Stirling equlised. A major turning point in the game could have been Annands missed Penalty just after half time but thankfully a McAdam brace on the 54th and 86th minutes secured all 3 points.

Queens Park 3 - 1 East Stirling

We were on the road again this time is was against some may say a under achieving Morton side, in a game we should have atleast took apoint from maybe another day we would have but not today as a Boylan Hat-trick for Morton was just enough to secure the points for the homeside despite McAdam and Annand hitting home for the Spiders a Van Zanten penalty miss was crucial.

Morton 3 - 2 Queens Park

Still on the road and it was off to Raydale park to take on Gretna in a game either side could have easily won and maybe a point a piece was justified another goal from Steven McAdam cancelled out Michael Lau's opener for Gretna.

Gretna 1 - 1 Queens Park

Another away game another dull draw this time it was at New Bayview and the oppenants were East Fife despite a early goal from Steven McAdam we couldn't hold on as Kenny Deucher(yes him again) equlised for the home side 3 minutes later.

East Fife 1 - 1 Queens Park

Despite a bad run of form we see ourselves still riding high in the league, can we stay there come the end of the season, will we be challenging for promotion? Only time will tell and you'll find out here first from the Spiders Web.

Gary Toner

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not getting a session report up as I have been hit by the flu bug.

I still have it and it looks like it is getting worse.

Nothing is getting in me way of taking control of Dumbarton (no matter how ****e they are).

So I will be there, hopefully for the full session, but we'll see if I can withstand all the emotions to battle on.

See Ya @ 7pm-8pm(ish) .. if I'm still surviving.

Scots

The Spiders Web

Exclusive Q and A session with Spiders Manager Gary Toner

by Steven Davidson

Steven : What would you say was the main differntial from last season to this season be cause we all know that Queens Park seeminly struggled last season?!

Gary: Last season was about experimenting with different tactics and different players, it's not a stretch of the imagination to say i didn't know much about the players at the club when i first arrived so i had to find out weaknesses and strenghts of each individual player. This season i managed to bring in a few players and and blen them with the best of last season and so far it's working in our favour.

Steven : So would you say you have the tactics cracked and ready to mount a serouis promotion push this season

Gary: Well i could say that but i'd be lying i don't really think there is a set tactic to winning you have to find the tactic that fits with your players and then make adjustments for each individual and oppentant. As for the promotion push i believe that were just as good as any one in the league and i serouisly hope we will be up there come the end of the season but this is football and anything can happen. You can have all the talent in the world and tactically spot on but luck still plays a major part in the game.

Steven : So who do you think will be a major player this season and any up and coming "superstars" on the horizon for Queens Park?

Gary: Each player is just as important as each other but i'd have to say that expericend pro's such as Neil(Ruddock) and Eddie(Annand) will play a major part as for up and coming players well i will tell you to keep a eye on Tom Brighton, Justin Georcelin and Steven McAdam who is highly impressing again this season and i predict big things for all 3 in there future.

Steven : Out of all the teams in the league is there any team that you just hate playing?

Gary: Would depend on your defention of "Hate" as in fear i don't fear any team, i respect them all but i don't fear them. Although Gretna come to mind *laughs* i like a healthy team and i wouldn't say Gretna were dirty as such i just think we seem to hit a patch of bad luck when we play them!

Steven - "Can you tell us if any other players will be added to the squad this season or will this be most likely the squad that finishes the season?"

Gary - "Well were are always looking at adding new faces if they have what it takes, we have a few deals done and dusted but we will have to wait a few months before they officially sign"

Steven - "Care to elborate on names perhaps?"

Gary - "I don't like to name anyone until they are officially signed and in Queens Park colours until then stay tuned!"

Steven - "Well Gary thanks for your time and all us Spider fans hope that this season is successful in terms of promotion places."

Gary - "Thanks, it will be with any luck"

Fit Like guys! Simon here ive bin speakin t the turps about joinin your league of world class managers, an he suggested i turn up the night ta hey a looky. im 24 yo playing cm now since the original back on the amigas (ah those were the days) now looking to move up a gear and take on some real talent, oh and play against you guys too, only joking!! by tha way do i just type #cm scots into the join room for irc or what as i have it but is a bit new ti me? Good luck the night lads!

Gable Endies Gaffer Returns from Scouting in Barbados!

Due to a tip off, I jetted out to Barbados to "scout" for players I had hoped would strengthen our team when the transfer window reopens. The board were very gracious and payed for my trip abroad and before I left I gave my Assistant point by point instructions for our next fixtures. Unfortunatly I was unable to secure any of my signing targets but I did manage to top up my tan while I was there. The board have indicated that they would be willing to send me off again at a moments notice to some far flung country should I decide. Thankyou board.

Back to business then and we sit second in the table and I have to thank my Assistant for doing exactly what I told him in my absence. Promotion certainly looks a possibility but there is a long way to until the end of the season.

Originally posted by theregistry:

_Gable Endies Gaffer Returns from Scouting in Barbados!_

Due to a tip off, I jetted out to Barbados to "scout" for players I had hoped would strengthen our team when the transfer window reopens. The board were very gracious and payed for my trip abroad and before I left I gave my Assistant point by point instructions for our next fixtures. Unfortunatly I was unable to secure any of my signing targets but I did manage to top up my tan while I was there. The board have indicated that they would be willing to send me off again at a moments notice to some far flung country should I decide. Thankyou board.

Me thinks he went for the "hospitality" in Jamacia "Ya Man!" Pass the duche on da left hand side!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

As much chance as The Sizzle have in real life icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oor entire squad , training facilities , stadium and encompassing land wouldnt even cover 1/10th of The Huns' current debt mountain.

Amoruso & Arteta wont be the last to go my son. Trust me icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

The blue Brazil fanzine (By the fans for the fans).

Cowden 1-0 Elgin

Stirling 0-0 cowden

Cowden 1-0 Morton

Next East Stirling at home

As promised our new signing Derek Ferguson will be joining in the next window. He Should prove a worthwhile addition tour squad.

It was back to league business for Cowden but it didn’t stop manager Stewart Robertson taking in the Montrose V Hearts cup game and was seen scribbling away possibly taking notes on Montrose.

First game, Elgin at home with considerable injury list. Having lost both forwards Mauchlen and Knox to training injuries the day before.

Christie with the winning goal and a few missed chances the Elgin team missed a sitter in front of goal. A welcome 3 points.

Stirling Away this was going to be fun, a very hard fought draw with their danger man missing a few chances Clague. Not one of our best games but a result considering the players we had out injured.

Morton at home, a good solid game which we won by a single bit of class from Mauchlen. This was important as our main threat of Christie was out. This was an outstanding game for Craig Strachan who is becoming a real talent in mid-field at the age of 21. We are extending his contract at all costs. David Moss also is for his age is still class, a true asset.

The managers thought’s

“I like to rotate my forwards but due to the injury list mounting up this was going to be a real effort from the team. Given the problems with the squad I had penned in 5 points for the next three games, I had hoped we would get a win to Elgin and the next two hard games Stirling/Morton possible draws. So to walk away with seven points from the three games was a real bonus. The effort on the players part was first class given we played for the draw with the Stirling game - the form team at the moment and to be honest the better side squad wise although we held them and shown the other teams in our league that they can drop points.

Again the team demonstrated their willingness to work hard and be organised. My thoughts also go to the Dumbarton manager who was taken I’ll last week.â€

Stewart Robertson

Rovers on the Rise

After a distinctly lacklustre previous session or two, with the team under the control of assistant manager Tom Boyd, Rovers screamed back into contention with some brilliant results.

Albion Rovers 3 - 1 Forfar

League leaders and all around title favourites Forfar came to Coatbridge with aspirations of going clear at the top. However when Charlie McLean had a header sclaffed into his own net by Forfar centre back Brown , Albion were 1 up inside a minute. On 32 , a quick break from the back saw McLean net again from a tight angle , and there was no way back. A 71'st minute strike seemed to put Forfar back in it, but Albion held on to win, and close in on the promotion spots.

Stranraer 1 - 1 Albion

The key to Albions season has been their away form. At home ,theyre unbeatable , but away , they pick up points when theyre no real right to. Played off the park and 1-0 down after 60 minutes , a late Charlie McLean header from an Ian Diack cross gives them a share of the spoils.

Albion Rovers 5 - 0 Hamiltion

Not as much of a shock as the scoreline may seem. Hamilton were woeful, and Charlie McLean scored 4, but could have had a dozen. The scoring was rounded off by Mackie collecting a close range rebound from a McLean Header.

So as the tables will show, Rovers are now back within a point of the promotion spots, and chasing hard. With 2 more home games to come, and a Scottish Cup tie with deadly local rivals Airdrie United on the way, Rovers fans can look forward to some real impact being made on the face of Football in Lanarkshire. Airdrie & Hamilton down , just Motherwell to deal with ....

COME ON ROVERS!

### SHIRE MUST AIM HIGHER ###

Season 2 is well under way now and it is true to say that although we have started better than last year, the general form has not been that great. The Shire are however like most teams still in contention as the next few sessions and transfer window activity will be crucial in determining who will join Ally Shaw's Stirling Albion in Div 2 next season. The main reason for leaking goals has been the lack of experience at the back and not taking our chances at the other end. Some experienced players will be joining when the window opens in 5 weeks but for now the onus is on youth to pick up as many points and reach the top 6 by the end of the year. Any run of victories will propel Shire into the promotion race and to be in contention is the target.

25.10.03 EAST STIRLING 1 Montrose 3

Shire were out played, defended poorly and deserved nothing out the game. Credit due to Trose and gaffer Sandy thomson who is in excellent form of late. Some new faces from the reserves now to freshen the squad would be in order

1.11.03 Elgin City 2 EAST STIRLING 1

A good start and first half lead through loanee Evertonian Leon Osman was quickly reversed through 2 Elgin strikedsin the 2nd half. Some youngsters had been thron in and although initially doing well the lack of experience and stamina proved costly.

8.11.03 EAST STIRLING 2 Stirling Albion 1

At last a win and who better to notch up 3 points than league leader and arch enemy Ally 'Harry Rag' Shaw. George Snee the youngster signed form Spurs was plucked from the reserves and boy did he take his chances with a great double to dump Sloppy Stirling. A keith Welch own goal flatterd their scoreline as their 'bigtime charlies' failed to make an impact at Firs park.

As discussed in the mirc on thurs night there will be no Clan sess on monday due to my scouting trip to the southern hemisphere this weekend. Dogs will be back on thurs and hopefully the EP4 patch will be installed for the next sess on thurs 10th July.

Guest sav112

Yeah it looks like there is still a few bugs with ep4 on the pc, so they thought it better just to wait till EP5 and release it for both the PC and Mac, so hopefully it will be released soon before we get to far into the game.

I suspect some of the lads were using an odd EP3 or even EP4 last session icon_rolleyes.gif because of the crashing all the time icon_frown.gif, it played great on Monday after all. I’ll bin the EP4 from the desktop and wait till the next EP5 comes out.

sav

Archived