How Does This Influence

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here it goes.

How many matches do you say are needed for a team to gel to a tactic. I've 10-15. My question though is does this number of matches include the friendlys? I ask this because I win almost every friendly, even against big teams, no matter if I'm playing home or away, but at my first league match, I almost always lose. Does the team only starts to learn the tactics when playing league games?

Sorry for my little knoledge. I should know a little more, 'cause I play FM, kind of games, since CM 97, but only now I started studying the tactic part. Before I just created a tactic and it simply worked. :D

Well, cheers.

I might very well be wrong, but my feeling is that gelling has little to directly do with learning a tactic. I think that its more the team gelling process that is disturbed by changing tactics prolonging the time it takes.

I beleive shared or compatible mentality (ambitious, proffessional, determined etc) and that they are able to communicate ( shared language) are the most important factors to minimize the time it takes to gell. Once the team have gelled changing tactics should have only a minor effect on the teams performance, probably none at all as long as they keep the same "shape". I think this is why bringing in many new "better" players so often produce very disapointing results.

I agree with you. Every time I sign new players it get worst. And when I wrote "learning the tactic" I really meant to say adapt. Sometimes words run away from my head and I don't know what to write.

Thanks for your answer. I would like to know what others think. But you already helped.

Cheers.

in my experience, it has taken (for most squads i've managed) 5-8 games for a team to get used to a tactic, and then if i've brought in new players to the squad, they usually add a game or 2 each as well. so, for example, on my 9.2 Man City save the last manager had made several changes before i got there, and i went and made a lot of changes to personnel as well as tactics in August, and we didnt start playing well until the January transfer window.

Archived