How do i get arrogant players motivated.

My players are all currently on superb morale, but the believe they can win matches before they have even gone out to play. This wa ok before as i was scraping 1-0 here and there, but now i have drawn two matches with teams who i should be dominating. It does not matter if i tell them i expect a win or to do it for the supporters they are underperforming.

Any tips.

Thanks for the feedback, i cant leave them out because its nearly the whole team, i have told a couple of the players my AM have suggested to put in a performance but it does not seem to be helping... Hmmm anymore suggestions??

My players are all currently on superb morale, but the believe they can win matches before they have even gone out to play. This wa ok before as i was scraping 1-0 here and there, but now i have drawn two matches with teams who i should be dominating. It does not matter if i tell them i expect a win or to do it for the supporters they are underperforming.

Any tips.

When times are good praising the player via the media and after games will make him keep up his good form and have a high morale. But when times are bad use a firm hand and make it known to the player via the media that you expect better from him.

Use match day info to view your team's motivation. If the players are nervous, tell them the pressure is off them. If instead they're complacent, shake them up real good. Don't be afraid to go for the "roughest" interactions, it'll hurt their already good morale, but they'll be motivated during games, which is good.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=120053 for more information.

One last thing would you consider 6.5 and below a low performance?

Not really, I'd say it an average game without really doing anything of note.

Instead of just looking at the overall rating, take a look at the player stats for the game. For example if the player attempted 50 passes, but only completed 10, then thats poor. However a player may not have really got into the game, maybe due to the tactics. That would give him a low rating, but its hard to say he played poor if its down to you telling him to do things he's not capable of, or playing around him not getting him involved or whatever. I guess what I'm saying is theres more to match ratings then meets the eye

One last thing would you consider 6.5 and below a low performance?

Depends on player's position, age, squad status (real, not formal), and how long he has been with the team. Your settings also matter. E.g. if you ask a player with strength = 10 to hold up ball (whatever the reason - say you put in a sub but forgot to untick the option), 6.5 is a good result, imho.

Archived