Set piece threads / tutorials, whatever.

Right, I've never read one for 2009. Any good ones for setting up Ind. FKs, Throw-ins, Defending corners and Defending FKs?

In my guide which you will find in the links at the last section of it is a set piece guide :thup:

As for defending corners I would stick everyone back and have two people on each post that way you will NEVER concede from corners. You wont be able to counterattack with everyone back but at least you wont concede :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110321 is my thread--

Thanks, but I'm not a big fan of setting up set pieces for myself, so any pre-made instructions would be great. Obviously I'll look at the heading capabilities etc and tweak them a bit for my team, but setting up from scratch is kinda boring for me.

What do you meant setting them up? Just have your best header with good jumping challenge the keeper. Defending is easy. Have everybody go back but one. Have two people mark the posts like megafan said. And have right footed players take left corners and left footed players take right corners.

Just a quick note - the "two men on each post" thing is effective but doesn't ALWAYS work. If the team has a player on the edge of the box nearest to the corner taker, then the corner taker will play it flat and the player will have a free shot on goal. It's rare but does happen.

Anyway, the set-up.

DEFENDING:

FULL-BACKS: Mark Near Post/Far Post

CENTRE-HALVES: Mark Tall Player

WINGERS: Mark Near Post/Far Post

CENTRE-MIDS: Stay Back

1 STRIKER: Stay Back

1 STRIKER: Go Forward

ATTACKING:

FULL-BACKS: Stay Back

CENTRE-HALVES: (Best Header/Tallest) Challenge GK (Other) Stay Back

WINGERS: Attack Far Post

CENTRE-MIDS: (Attacking Mid) Lurk Outside Area (Defensive Mid) Stay Back

STRIKERS: Attack Far Post

If your striker is the best header/tallest in your team, put him on Challenge GK and pull your other centre-half to Stay Back.

I personally don't. I find Attack Near Post normally nicks the ball off the Challenge GK and ploughs it over the bar.

But it works for some people. I actually use TWO on Challenge GK, depending on whether I have two players above 6ft3 (which is rare!). Works a treat; the logic is at least one of the gits should get to it!!

I must admit I wish there was a "Delap Long Throw-In" option on FM. That'd be fun!

For corners (attack), how about best header: challenge keeper, 2nd best: near post-flick on?
I personally don't. I find Attack Near Post normally nicks the ball off the Challenge GK and ploughs it over the bar.

But it works for some people. I actually use TWO on Challenge GK, depending on whether I have two players above 6ft3 (which is rare!). Works a treat; the logic is at least one of the gits should get to it!!

I must admit I wish there was a "Delap Long Throw-In" option on FM. That'd be fun!

I put both CB's to challenge keeper, lone striker to near post flick on and corners to 6 yard box. I'd say that they generally score an equal amount TBH

Right, I've never read one for 2009. Any good ones for setting up Ind. FKs, Throw-ins, Defending corners and Defending FKs?

Yes, I wrote a smiple but effective one. Try searching for it, it was called "Les Vert's set piece guide", but it really covers free kicks mainly.

Archived