Hatlepool Utd

FM finest

Hartlepool United

Today a new manger who goes by the name of George Hughes took over as the new Hartlepool Boss. He expressed his delight by getting this new job and was quick to address the public on his expectations. He wanted to just achieve a respectable league position within League 1 this season to which the board and fans agreed. He told them that with a good signing or two this can be achieved and then He will take Hartlepool to Premiership. He wanted to get to the 4th or 5th round of each cup and maybe win the LDV Vans Trophy.

Although He had no money George Hughes was able to bring in 4 transfers they included:

Alejandro- Free

Eduardo Hurtado- Free

George Koumantarakis- Free

Jean-Paul Van Gastel- Free

The manager is a really big fan of wonder kid Alejandro he was hoping that he would be the man to achieve the managers goals set for the season.

George Hughes will be using a normal 4-4-2 tactic with the following team

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos

Darren Williams

Hugh Robertson

Michael Nelson

Ben Clark

Thomas Butler

Richie Humphreys

Anthony Sweeney

Lee Bullock

Alejandro

Eduardo Hurtado

Pre Season Results

Hartlepool Utd 2 v 0 Falkirk

Bullock, Wilkinson

Elgin 0 v 3 Hartlepool Utd

Adam Boyd x3

Cowdenbeath 0 v 2 Hartlepool Utd

Butler, Alejandro

Hereford 0 v 1 Hartlepool Utd

Hurtado

Hartlepool Utd 8 v 0 St Mirren

Alejandro x7, Hurtado

We played amazingly well to win all of our pre season games without conceding a goal. It will be hard to choose from Hurtado and Boyd who will partner Alejandro but I think it will be Hurtado. In our first 3 games we play:

Huddersfield A

Brentford H

Southend A

I�m expecting to win them all but maybe draw with Huddersfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Match Day 1

Huddersfield 1 v 4 Hartlepool Utd

Sweeney, Alejandro x3

MOM: Alejandro

Managers Notes:

Great start to the season for us. I only thought a draw was possible but we came and we showed great pride to upstage the better team. I�m particularly pleased with Alejandro as he has opened his started his Hartlepool Career the best possible way and they fans already love him.

Match day 2

Hartlepool Utd 1 v 1 Brentford

Alejandro

MOM: Lee Bullock

Managers Notes:

An amazing performance today by Lee Bullock. The 23 year old really bossed the midfield and should of scored but his 40 yard screamer was saved by Brentford Hero Stuart Nelson. Another good game for Alejandro but I feel we should of won.

Match Day 3

Southend 2 v 2 Hartlepool Utd

Sweeney, Alejandro

MOM: Adam Barrett

Managers Notes:

A bad game today as we let a 2 � 0 lead slip. Lee Bullock went off injured, I hope it isn�t too serious. Our best player was probably Sweeney his passing was causing Southend trouble all day.

Match Day 4

Hartlepool Utd 2 v 2 Gillingham

Hurtado x2

MOM: Eduardo Hurtado

Managers Notes:

Lee Bullock missed the game but should be back for our League cup tie with Macclesfield. We took the lead early again scoring in the 10th and 13th minute. We showed great resistance for most of the game but they managed a goal in the 87th minute and then one in the 91st to get an undeserved draw.

League Cup Round 1

Hartlepool Utd 4 v 1 Macclesfield

Alejandro x3, Hurtado

Manager Notes:

A great result in the cup. This has hopefully given us more confidence in the league as well. I hope we get an easy opponent in the next round. We need to progress to get more money. Bullock came back and set up two of Alejandro�s goals.

Match Day 5

Bradford 3 v 3 Hartlepool Utd

Alejandro, Hurtado, Boyd

Managers Notes:

Alejandro has made himself a personal favourite of the fans; he now has 3 MOM�s and 9 goals for the season. I thought we had won the game when we scored late on in the 88th minute. Out lead only lasted for 2 minutes though, Dean Windass beat the offside trap to equalise.

Match Day 6

Hartlepool Utd 3 v 0 Chesterfield

Butler, Alejandro, Hurtado

MOM: Lee Bullock

Managers Notes:

Two great assists by Bullock today earned him MOM. Butler scored a header to get his first goal of the season and Alejandro scored his Tenth. Finally a win for us in the league. It seems like a lifetime since we beat Huddersfield on the opening day.

• 3 weeks later...
SCIAG, he uses the word He at the start of a sentence. Its fine to use a capital you dimwit! He hasn't used 'He' in the middle of a sentence has he!

Well yes, he has actually...

He told them that with a good signing or two this can be achieved and then He will take Hartlepool to Premiership.

If you're going to insult people, at least make sure you're correct first. :)

Archived