[WIP] FMDark

arsenal_2111

Hi :)

I've been making a skin recently, which has exactly the same layout as the normal skin but is a darker grey. Firstly, I know that most people won't like this skin, but primarily I'm making it for me so no harsh comments please ;D

There's a couple of issues I have with this, and would be very very grateful to anyone who can offer some help.

1. To the left and right of the parts I have put red sqaures around (in screenshot) there are small grey lines. I've tried getting rid of these by extending the graphics that cover this area so they are 16 pixels wide instead of 15 (for example) but it doesn't work.

[Screenshot]

2. On the processing screen, the one with the news bulletins, there is a black line towards the right hand side of the box. Any idea's how I would get rid of this line? I'm 100% sure it isn't there when I edit the graphics.

[Screenshot]

3. This one I don't really know how to explain. The screenshot isn't too clear, as it is difficult to see. But there is a box around the graphics that makes the surrounding area darker that normal - the background on the graphic isn't there - it's only when I play FM.

[Screenshot]

4. Finally, the drop down boxes are still the normal silvery grey colour. I don't know which files to edit to change this.

[Screenshot]

Thanks to anyone that can help me with any of these - I've been doing this a little at a time for a while now and these are a few things I can't sort.

:thup:

1. You need to edit the left and right graphics as they'll have a white border down the side, if memory serves they should be located within the \fm2008-widgets\graphics\table folder.

2. Looks like when you have edited either the middle or right graphics you have left a black border down the side.

3. If you are using your own news icon, delete it so the game uses the default one to see if that changes anything, otherwise check the left graphic for the footer file. (Unless you have edited the footer.xml file to include an extra graphic with the news icon).

4. If memory serves me the gray menus will be the various item graphics located in the \skins\fm2009-widgets\graphics\menu and \skins\fm2009-widgets\graphics\menu\blue folders and \skins\fm2009-widgets\graphics\menu\actions

Archived