How do I change the font size?

leeturner

How do you change the font size using default fmskin or any other? Currently running fm10 on widescreen HDTV ( as monitor is broke ) looks fine but the text is tiny. I have changed in Windows but no effect in the game. Can anyone help?

I have searched but not entirely sure on results.....

Cheers

You cannot edit the default skins (well you can but it's really not advisable because if something goes wrong you'll need to reinstall the entire game), to edit the default skins you need to extract various files, the Base skins save you the hassle of having to extract the files yourself.

Follow this thread to download and install the base skin you want, then follow the instructions in the 'How to Edit the Fonts' section but instead of looking to change the font you'll be changing the font sizes, but bare in mind the game doesn't really like the font size being increased due to the way it is made so you will need to mess around with the row heights and the sizes of various graphics - a search of the fourm should bring up various threads.

If you ever manage to make a really good solution could you share it because i have the same issue. I don't have a clue how to change all the row heights and stuff and i'm dying for SI to make the skins scaleable or maybe give us 4 skins with release (eg 2011 skin, 2011 skin(large font), 2011 dark skin, 2011 dark skin(large font))

I can only pray!

• 2 weeks later...
You cannot edit the default skins (well you can but it's really not advisable because if something goes wrong you'll need to reinstall the entire game), to edit the default skins you need to extract various files, the Base skins save you the hassle of having to extract the files yourself.

Follow this thread to download and install the base skin you want, then follow the instructions in the 'How to Edit the Fonts' section but instead of looking to change the font you'll be changing the font sizes, but bare in mind the game doesn't really like the font size being increased due to the way it is made so you will need to mess around with the row heights and the sizes of various graphics - a search of the fourm should bring up various threads.

Thanks MM I edited the sizes just slightly increased each one and it looks much better. If I am being fussy a very small part of the text gets cut off which I assume is down to the row heights. I am going to search the forum for posts on how to edit this. IF you have any links in the meantime that would be cool.

Thanks for your help, looks 10 times better already

I seem to have rectified the above error with row height modification. Thanks for your help MM. If anyone wants the skin you are more than welcome just let me know. It has only been slightly modified but is now defo much more readable on an 42" screen

Archived