Playing in real life stadiums

I've been wanting this in the game for years now. I understand they can't put the stadiums there for licencing issues, but just like the kits, badges, logos etc, this should really be moddable now at this stage, particularly if the stats about the amount of users who play in 3D are correct. 

Would love to see this added to the game. It's literally the only reason I don't play on 3D. As a Barnsley fan playing in a ground that looks and feels nothing like Oakwell makes the game much less immersive and makes me feel like I'm not playing Barnsley. I'm sure if this part of the game was released to the community for modding I'd get a great looking Oakwell in no time and could finally enjoy 3D :p

I was going to suggest this myself although recenty I have seen more requests for the 3D part of the game to be made editable. Besides stadium mods and editable stadium furniture/props, the backdrops should also be made editable as they look terrible and the perspective is awful.

I'm disappointed that the stadiums haven't seen any major improvement as I watch all my matches in 3D, and I'm considering giving FM a miss this year.

I do like the animated adboards this year though and this is a much welcomed addition for those who enjoy playing their matches in 3D but i wonder if these animated adboards will be editable.

I have to echo the sentiments here and add that I'd love to be able to pepper the crowd at Anfield with modded banners and flags that represent the real fan culture. Imagine how vibrant that would be if all the stadiums had their own partisan feel, as created by the modding community, embellished by club-specific crowd chants (not the horrible ones!). Magic!

1 hour ago, mikelfc8 said:

I have to echo the sentiments here and add that I'd love to be able to pepper the crowd at Anfield with modded banners and flags that represent the real fan culture. Imagine how vibrant that would be if all the stadiums had their own partisan feel, as created by the modding community, embellished by club-specific crowd chants (not the horrible ones!). Magic!

Yes, it would be a big, big step forward for SI in terms of immersion. I suppose all we can do is convince Miles and the boys it should happen.

I've started two saves now, one with my small home town club and one with Liverpool. I must give credit to SI as my home town ground looks almost exactly as in real life, which is nice. They must have done something to it because in FM16 it looked more like Camp Nou even though it has only 4000 capacity. Then again, Anfield now looks just terrible with the corners wide open and you can see the street and houses in the background. Makes me go back to 2D in that save as it doesn't feel like Anfield at all.

Stadia a big disappointment yet again. 

Not ideal, but as a fix for larger grounds without corners - you could add them to the stadium template in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\db\1701\edt\permanent

There are two ground templates there already:

"FORCE_STADIUM_TEMPLATE" "Watford" "20,000 - 30,00/40-50d flat roof (2 corners)"

"FORCE_STADIUM_TEMPLATE" "Kingstonian" "0 - 10,000/0-10c (0 corners, mixed top) v2"

Any changes though would have to be done before starting your save. I'll add some corners to Anfield - see what happens

4 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Should do a search for stadium graphics fm15v2...they worked fine with FL16, can't see any reason why there would be an issue with the new one ;)  Be amazed at the difference.

No joy with the force_stadium_template.

Haven't checked any other EPL grounds, but Anfield looks terrible. The large gaps in the corners, with the streets behind makes it look soulless. Worse still, what's with the 1950s floodlight pylons? 

anfield01.jpg

Untitled.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dalglish said:

No joy with the force_stadium_template.

Haven't checked any other EPL grounds, but Anfield looks terrible. The large gaps in the corners, with the streets behind makes it look soulless. Worse still, what's with the 1950s floodlight pylons? 

anfield01.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Wow! Looking at those pictures..frustrating and hilarious at the same time. Futuristic concept though, no wall.. the tunnel, however, is a bit redundant, they already have lots of street access.

Wonder if we can still see 360 view of the stadium by pausing at kickoff.

5 hours ago, Maviarab. said:

Should do a search for stadium graphics fm15v2...they worked fine with FL16, can't see any reason why there would be an issue with the new one ;)  Be amazed at the difference.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have the FM15 fan banners. I even made a pack for LFC for others to download, and whilst they do a little of what I am getting at, having them replace ad boards is ultimately pretty unrealistic in this day and age.

SI have started the ball rolling with flags and banners with just the club name on dotted about the ground, but they are not moddable. I'd like to see a system similar to, but separate from, the ad board,s with thirty or forty flags and hanging banners placed in the crowd or hanging from the upper tiers (where they are in real life) which could then be overwritten with custom made ones that reflect the real fan culture.

Add that to editable stadia and sound files and matchday would certainly whip up the hairs on the back of the neck a fair bit more.

Of course, in SI's defence, I have no idea how difficult to implement in game. I did suggest it in the appropriate thread a couple of years ago, along with the dynamic ad boards that we now have.

Archived