FM17 - RB Leipzig

BanOly

RasenBallsport Leipzig e.V.

qPHE96E.png

Bayer Leverkusen | RB Leipzig | Huddersfield Town

History

RB Leipzig was founded in 2009 by initiative of energy drink-maker Red Bull GmbH, who purchased the playing right of the fifth division side SSV Markranstädt with the intention of advancing the new club to the top-flight Bundesliga within eight years. To avoid DFB regulations, the club was named "RasenBallsport Leipzig" or "RB Leipzig" for short, in order to maintain the corporate identity of the Red Bull company through the initials. This makes the club the fifth football commitment in the Red Bull sporting portfolio, following FC Red Bull Salzburg in Austria, the New York Red Bulls in the US, Red Bull Brasil, and Red Bull Ghana.

In the first year of their foundation, the club won the NOFV-Oberliga Süd. The following season, they managed to win the Regionalliga Nordost through an unbeaten run. Following last year's promotion to the top tier of German football, they now participate in the German Fußball-Bundesliga and the DFB-Pokal, or German Cup.

gkVVym8.png?1

Facilities

Leipzig has a rich history in football, being the meeting place for the founding of the DFB and the home of the first German national football champion, VfB Leipzig. The city has a population of around 500,000 inhabitants and a large airport, allowing for easy access to the Red Bull Stadium. The formerly-known Zentralstadion is a former 2006 FIFA World Cup venue and the second largest football stadium in East Germany, after the Olympiastadion in Berlin.

6tSBNEa.png?1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Squad

First Team (Overview)

The first thing you might notice when you take over is the quality of depth at the club. All bases have been well-covered - especially CM and ST - allowing for easy transition between both 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 formations. One area that could use reinforcement is at left-back.

Depth might be an issue at the start of the game, as your backup goalkeeper and two of your wingers are on holiday until the 18th August. Welcome to Germany.

8iKVpBx.png?1

Goalkeepers

This position is blessed with two fantastic goalkeepers of equal quality, so you can choose to opt for experience and reliability, or youth and potential. Peter Gulácsi is the former - having represented his country at international level, he's more than capable of holding his own, but if you choose to favour the young Marius Müller then make sure to start working on those Mental stats as soon as possible!

Buried deep in the B Team, you'll also find 35 year-old Fabio Coltorti who will reliably help you through the first handful of friendlies.

yMIQhC4.png?1

WjZZsvn.png?1

Defenders

I think some depth could be used here. Starting with the middle, FM favourite Kyriakos Papadopoulos stands out as the rock in defence, on loan from personal favourite Bayer Leverkusen. He's backed up by Willi Orban who looks like a promising talent with room to grow, and those two should be your regular pairing for the majority of the season. You'll have reliable backup with Marvin Compper and young starlet Lukas Klostermann can fill in here if needed.

GwkVxkb.png?1

iFAnZoF.png?1

SgAgmsx.png?1

Out wide, there's enough quality to make your first season bearable but you may want to invest some money in a left-back. Marcel Halstenberg isn't too bad, but his defensive capabilities could do with a lot of improvement and you may be better off signing someone to replace him. Benno Schmitz and previously-mentioned Klostermann both look very promising and you should have no trouble choosing one of them to be your permanent right-back.

rYrgFkG.png?1

2QPXpWN.png?1

sCQ21u0.png?1

Midfielders

At first you may think there are a lot of midfielders, but there is actually a pretty nice balance. There are six defensive/central midfielders, meaning that if you choose to play with a formation such as the ever-popular 4-1-2-3, you can use three of them and have a single backup player for each of the three central spots.

First on the team sheet should be new signing Naby Keïta. This man is fantastic already, but at just 21 years of age, he still has acres of space to grow yet! Grab onto him and don't let go - he's something special. The same could be said for young Vitaly Janelt, but he might need a couple of seasons to grow first. Naby is best in the central midfield role; Vitaly is more of a defensive midfielder.

The other midfielders of note are Diego Demme, Stefan Ilsanker, Rani Khedira and Bernardo. They are all better in more of a defensive midfield role, so you may want to play with two defensive midfielders and Keïta a little further forward. Alternatively, I would suggest re-training some of them to be more offensive. There is also Zsolt Kalmár who is capable of playing as an Advanced Playmaker in both central midfield and attacking midfield.

Update: Thanks to @yau for pointing out that Stefan Ilsanker's attributes look amazing for a centre-back, and it may be worth re-training him for the Central Defender role. His lack of decision-making is worrying but his poor vision and agility won't be as much of a hinderance as it is in midfield.

EXG8RHq.png?1

Fzspsyj.png?1

un211mV.png?1

N2VXTHG.png?1

keS9nHE.png?1

dGRiiVM.png?1

BgXBZ6T.png?1

There are plenty of options out wide. The going thing at the moment is to play an Inside Forward on the left, and a Winger on the right - if you choose to carry this on yourself, you should opt for Marcel Sabitzer on the right and Emil Forsberg on the left. Given that there are no left-footed players in this position, you may have to purchase one if you want to go with Wingers on the left or Inside Forwards on the right. This is bearing in mind that Dominik Kaiser is probably too defensive-minded for these roles and wouldn't suit them.

Last but certainly not least, Oliver Burke is a fantastic young prospect and will soon be a national treasure if you play your cards right!

L6O0Hnw.png?1

5kK0MMG.png?1

MzgCMMr.png?1

EgTKGpo.png?1

Forwards

For some reason, there are three strikers of first-team quality here. You can choose to offload one, or if you think you can handle the demands, rotate them all in moderation to ensure that all three receive enough first-team football to keep them happy.

The best player in this position is apparently Yussuf Poulsen, but with a Finishing stat of just 10, you may be tempted to look towards your youth prospects. Personally, I would recomend none other than new signing Timo Werner - he's an incredible talent and you should try and play him as much as possible in order to aid his development. You also have Davie Selke who is a similar type of player but just a year older, and Terrence Boyd, who you should look to sell.

bpwDiey.png?1

CInzAgQ.png?1

VLNC5ou.png?1

LzHyPwu.png?1

B-Team

I signed Renat Dadachov on FM16 while playing as Bayer Leverkusen, and he was fantastic. The 17 year-old looks well-rounded and should develop into a fantastic talent. Erik Majetschak looks good as well, and he's already attracting interest from the big German clubs.

1Z2ZqAg.png?1

Under-19 Squad

There's nobody special here - everyone who deserves to be playing in the B-Team is already there.

He's not rated as highly as he could be, but watch out for Nicolas Kühn. His stats look decent and he could possibly develop into a decent player.

08WLbzf.png?1

Players On Loan

And you thought there were too many strikers in your First Team! Two more strikers are out on loan, as well as competent backup left-back Anthony Jung. His attributes look good enough that you might want to keep him on and sell Halstenberg instead at the end of the season. Sell the rest, they're not good enough.

cs9RErQ.png?1

S5nIvLz.png?1

4xJpCAS.png?1

7d6xA1f.png?1

q6mu8hv.png?1

Transfers

You'll have a rather comfortable £13m with which to improve your squad but if you decide to start the game without budgets, you can still make it. Marvin Compper can be re-trained as a left-back and of course, you have Anthony Jung who is more than capable of filling in there when he returns from Ingolstadt.

If you do however opt for the cash, there are plenty of ways to spend it. Aside from strengthening the void at left-back, you may want to purchase another centre-back or even a winger to match the way you like to play. There's also more to be desired in attacking midfield, if you use that position. Finally, right-back is also pretty thin.

CSol4i5.png?1

To sort you out at left-back, you may want to have a look at 29 year-old Park Joo-Ho from Dortmund. Transfer-listed at the start of the game and available for only £1.5m. You don't need to stick to these kind of bargains but at that price it's well worth doing so, and I can gurarantee that he'll work to prove himself.

ZkoEIRB.png?1

If you don't mind shelling out the big cash (and waiting around for 2 months until he's fully fit) then who better to accompany Anthony Jung than Wolfsburg's 26 year-old Sebastian Jung! They're not related, but give them a couple of seasons together and you'd think they were... as long as you have a spare £10m.

7Npvcv7.png?1

When you're looking for reinforcement in the centre of defence, you really can't go wrong with 20 year-old Ionuț Nedelcearu from Dinamo București. He's good enough to start featuring from the off, and there's still acres of room to grow yet! He should only set you back a measly £2m, but pay that off after a season of hard work.

mQKCyxH.png?1

Gw5q9pT.png?1

Investing in a winger? An attacking midfielder? Look at the attributes first. Then the age. Then the value. You really shouldn't look further than Yasin Hamed or Dennis Man, especially as they'll only put you back around half a million pounds each.

Got any of your own suggestions? Feel free to comment down below, and I'll be sure to add any that catch my eye!

Started a save with them. Sold Khedira, Boyd and Compper for about a mil each plus a couple RBL 2 players and bought:

Allef free

Wesley free

Labyad free

Poyet free

Antonov lb

Gustavo Henrique cb

Upamecano cb

Haidara (loan) lb

Sassa cf

Lautaro Martinez cf

Kuki cf

Toni Lato

Hamed

Hate to add even more but, aside from the good info on the squad. I was interested in RB Leipzig due to them signing my Nations new bright hope..

Oliver Burke, you have him listed as "English starlet". Apologies for being picky.

Good start though, don't see the hatred as sensible, it's just a new "franchise" if you will trying to break the monopoly or Bayern. 

Something people have been clamoring for Clubs in the like of France with PSG and Spain with Barca & Real, we all want someone to challenge them long term..

Good luck to em.

@Hoarau

Haha you're on point, apologies for that. Thanks for the correction!

I agree, the best saves are the ones where you play as a modest club in the shadow of the nation's giant(s). Why start as Barcelona when you can beat them with Valencia? Why take over PSG and stroll through the season when you can challenge them from Lyon or Marseilles? Why manage Bayern when you can manage Bayer? :D

@BanOly Anyway sorry about that I didn't mean any offence, I genuinely thought you had made a mistake :D.

I've never played in the German leagues on FM and I have heard its one of the most fun countries to manage in. This thread along with your Leverkusen one are great and have definitely made me consider these 2 sides. I'm also considering others like 1860 Munich, Hertha Berlin, Schalke and Stuttgart. I had actually picked Schalke in FM16 but never got around to playing FM16 in the end.

@Gee_Simpson

I'd recommend Bayer Leverkusen personally. They have so many different types of players that they can suit almost any style of play. You don't even have to buy any players because most of them are versatile enough to keep you competitive for the first season. Schalke is a good team to manage too and you should definitely check them out, especially with fan favourites Klaas-Jan Huntellar and Breel Embolo. Not so much Stuttgart since they got relegated and had to sell a lot of key players such as Timo Werner.

Nice thread, if I had to choose a team in Germany to support I would have choosen Leipzig.

Altough you could have mentioned that Salzburg made them what they are today, without our great academy, scouting and training youngsters in the likes of Bernardo, Keita, Schmitz, Gulacsi etc you wouldnt stand where you are today. We hate Leipzig, but have to love them aswell because they belong to our "family", kind of like that cute but ******** cousin you have to tolerate.

@Alerion

If I had to choose a team in Germany to support then I'd be fine because I already support Bayer Leverkusen :D

I try to keep my Team Guides unbiased... but I did happen to note that a lot of their players (including Keïta, their best player) came from Salzburg.

Long post incoming. Been playing as RBL since Beta. At the winter break 3rd season.

First season was fun, didn't have many expectations and nabbed 2nd in the league (8pts behind Bayern). Second season was frustrating. Led the league by 6pts at the winter break but ended up losing the title to Bayern by 2pts. Reached 1st Knockout of UCL, losing 5-3 on agg to Juventus. Third season is going great, up by 11pts at the winter break (P17, W14, D3, L0). Will take a mammoth collapse to lose it but knowing FM, I won't rule it out.

Made a ridiculous amount of transfers, mostly on youth players. I have basically turned RBL into what Chelsea is in real life but to an even more insane degree (78 out on loan with more in RBL II and the U19s that I'm trying to move). 

Some of the more notable transfer dealings:

1st Season: Wahlqvist in for £1.8m (probably one of the best signings you can make at the start of the game), Sabitzer out for a bargain £7.75m (wanted to move to a bigger club and I was fine using Kaiser/Forsberg/Burke/Poulsen).

2nd Season: Pione Sisto in for £1m (My best deal,now worth £21m and my most productive winger), Andrea Belotti in for £16.75m (first time I really splashed out and paid a large-ish amount), made Papadopoulos' loan permanent, brought in M'Vila on a free. Major outs: Keita to PSG (£29.5m), Klostermann to Inter (£27.5m), Forsberg to Zenit (£17m). Didn't want to lose Klostermann (as he is one of the few HG) but they matched his release clause.

3rd Season: Riccardo Saponara and Bruma in on frees. Papadopoulos sold to Man Utd for £26.5m and Belotti went to Ath Madrid on the last day on the transfer window after they matched his min fee (£29.5m). Panic set in after Belotti left but Selke has stayed injury-free and is averaging a goal a game.

Rotation:

GK Dragowski / Muller

DR Wahlqvist / Dalot

DC Orban (c) / Gustavo Henrique

DC Goldaniga / Upamecano

DL Tierney / Jannes Horn

MC Malyshev / M'Vila

MC Akkaynak / Janelt / Lucas Silva

AMR Sisto / Bruma

AMC Saponara / Pineda / Schaub

AML Werner / Burke

ST Selke / Dadachov

Tried to keep it somewhat realistic by going for youth (only 4 players are 26yo or over) + signing some German/Austrian players where possible (Akkaynak, Horn, Schaub) + some Salzburg/Liefering players where possible (Upamecano and heaps loaned out like including Caleta-Car, Konrad Laimer). Some of the more promising RBL youth players like Majetschak and Abouchabaka are developing well on loan. Should be handy HG squad players in a season or two.

Yeah Ive just finished first season. Came 2nd 6 points off Bayern. At various points over the season I came within a point from them but I never really expected to overtake them and I'm generally happy as:

(a) Im still getting accustomed to FM17 - e.g. this is the first version where unhappy/pissed off players actually play badly (in previous versions I kept playing unhappy players and they kept performing reasonably-pretty well but now I get 5.9s and 6.2s etc from them which is a shock).

(b) Still trying to figure out the tactics.

I want to sell Kaiser (tried to do so in January but nobody wanted him even for free) as well as Damari (also tried to sell him in January but couldn't) and most players who start out as loanees, I don't think Ill make Papadopoulos' loan permanent (tho I do rate him as this is my first FM17 save Im using it to try out new plauers) and tho Orban performed pretty well for me, I don't like his pace/acceleration (on top of everything its not consistent with the rest of the squad) so while Ill keep him I want a new cb. I would really like Sule but was quoted 49m if memory serves :eek:. Been scouting people like Nico Elvedi who according to my scouts would cost me around half that (tho I would prefer a German National /HG).

Im also going to try to bring a couple of young fullbacks as Haidara will go back to Newcastle (and was a stop gap anyway) and Benno Schmitz and Antonov are not enough back ups for 3 competitions. Dunno who I can attract as Im not sure what RBL's reputation has increased to under my stewardship.

The last player Ill go after, even on a loan is Saint Maximin from Monaco who was the best winger on FM16 and stats wise doesn't look to have changed much.

Though the media and the whole FM17 world for some reason seems to think we are lacking up front Im pretty happy with Martinez and Sassa (who I expect to be a lot better in the 2nd season) as well as Werner and Selke (though the finishing stat of both is too low for my usual liking). If a quality cf appears on the loan list Ill try to bring him in as cover maybe (would love Pohjanpalo but would be too expensive to buy and Leverkusen may be too reluctant to sell him to me.

Oh and Ill sell Gulacsi and replace him with a younger player such as MERET from UDINESE.

Im well aware of WAHLQVIST as he was my go to cheap young cb (tho yes he's better at rb) in FM16 but as I said I want to try new players.

I'm also on a Leipzig save, currently sitting in 3rd after 10 games and sadly kicked out in the 3rd round of German Cup by Freiburg on penalties. I sold Boyd and Kaiser, and i'm playing 4-4-2 with great results (my team is scoring for fun !). 

The first 11 : Muller-Halstenberg-Papadopoulos-Orban-Klostermann-Sabitzer-Keita-Bernardo-Forsberg-Poulsen-Selke (Werner).

Sabitzer is a winger with a support duty, while Forsberg has attack, Keita and Bernardo are both Centre Midfielders (Bernardo with a defend duty and Keita with support, and i'm trying him in some games as a Roaming Playmaker). Poulsen has a Defensive Forward role with support and Selke is an Advanced Forward. I'm always rotating between my strikers, all 3 are playing very good. Also rotating Bernardo with Rani Khedira and Demme. 

Also i've sent Janelt to my 2nd team to give him time to grow.

4 hours ago, Georgik said:

I'm also on a Leipzig save, currently sitting in 3rd after 10 games and sadly kicked out in the 3rd round of German Cup by Freiburg on penalties. I sold Boyd and Kaiser, and i'm playing 4-4-2 with great results (my team is scoring for fun !). 

The first 11 : Muller-Halstenberg-Papadopoulos-Orban-Klostermann-Sabitzer-Keita-Bernardo-Forsberg-Poulsen-Selke (Werner).

Sabitzer is a winger with a support duty, while Forsberg has attack, Keita and Bernardo are both Centre Midfielders (Bernardo with a defend duty and Keita with support, and i'm trying him in some games as a Roaming Playmaker). Poulsen has a Defensive Forward role with support and Selke is an Advanced Forward. I'm always rotating between my strikers, all 3 are playing very good. Also rotating Bernardo with Rani Khedira and Demme. 

Also i've sent Janelt to my 2nd team to give him time to grow.

I'm trying 4-4-2 but I feel that it isnt the best tactic. I think I have no pressure although I score lots of goals.

After a lot of inconsistency at start of the season i've had a lot of success with 4-4-1-1. Werner has gone from bench, and later left wing to my starting striker in the DLF role with exceptional results. He managed to win the Golden Boy award and so far has 15 goals in 14 appearances, with about 5-6 of those apps being in leftwing or off the bench. We are tied 3rd in February.

This was my window so far,

http://imgur.com/a/PFF20 

have struggled a lot to sell players, which has been my main issue. Completely unable to sell players at even half their value, which is a bit frustrating.

I'm enjoying my Bayer Leverkusen save so much that I haven't spent any further time playing as RB Leipzig since creating the guide :D

Glad to hear you're all having moderate success, especially to hear that I was right about my evaluation of Werner ;) good to hear you're getting the best out of him @Eleloy and that he seems to be doing well for you @Georgik

I had a really enjoyable save with RB Leipzig last year, so I started another one to test out a tactic I've made. RBL's squad is great. Ended up coming second, with the highest average possession in the league. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 14.33.35.png

The tactic is a recreation of a tactic I uploaded for FM12 on my old account that I lost access to: 

30 minutes ago, swandive said:

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 14.33.35.png

As a fan of both SV Darmstadt and SC Freiburg, this looks like a pure nightmare to me. :D

I still haven't seen any Bundesliga save in FM2017 where Darmstadt did not finish last... ;)

19 hours ago, ScottGooner said:

HSV in 4th. Huge bug that needs fixing :D

Apart from my first match against them I cant seem to beat them. I either lose or draw. With 6 matches to go I was playing at home to them and Leverkusen (who bought really well in the summer 2017 window including FIRMINHO) who were in first 3 points ahead of me were playing away to Dortmund who are in fourth. After dominating HSV (and frantically changing my tactics in match to get that second goal) amazingly we could only draw 1-1. Leverkusen lost so Im two points off them in 2nd with Bayern a further 2 points behind in 3. On paper I have 4 reasonable matches left plus against Dortmund. Im not too optimistic.

First season I was booted out of the cup in the fourth round this season I lost in the QFs to Ingolstadt despite having 33 shots (!).

Amazingly Im in the final of the CL (don't remember who against) coming 2nd in a group containing Barca, Utd and Galata (Utd came fourth!) then beating A.Madrid, Zenit and Real Madrid in the knockouts.

Squad April 2018:

GK: Gulacsi, Muller, Scuffet (loaned in)

LB: Kolasinac, Antonov (injured 9 months), Halstenberg

CB: Papadopoulos (bought him in the end cos I couldnt find anybody else resaonably priced with his stats) - 5 months injured, Mbemba, Upamecano, Urban, Zakaria and Kessie both retrained as BPD cos of proliferation of DMs and lack of CB cover

RB: Schmitz, Peruzzi, Klostermann, 

L/RW: Forsberg, Saint Maximin, Labyad, Burke, Sabitzer

DM: Janneldt, Bernardo, Demme, Keita.

AM: Pavon, Kennedy (loan), Oscar Romero

FW: Werner, Selke, M. Dembele, Lautaro Martinez, Maximiliano Romero

Players on loan/in 2nd teams: Sassa, Jung, Atinc, Poyet, Dadachov, Meshak Elia, Quaschner

I still have most of the starting players having only sold Poulsen in Summer 2017 (having sold Khedira, Campper and Boyd in the first). The quality and youth of the players is jaw dropping!

On 11/8/2016 at 12:54, BanOly said:

I'm enjoying my Bayer Leverkusen save so much that I haven't spent any further time playing as RB Leipzig since creating the guide :D

Glad to hear you're all having moderate success, especially to hear that I was right about my evaluation of Werner ;) good to hear you're getting the best out of him @Eleloy and that he seems to be doing well for you @Georgik

Yep. finished 5th in the league. Selke was my top goalscorer. Werner and Poulsen did well too.

In the end I won all my remaining league matches and finished first by 2 points from Leverkusen.

The Dortmund home match was the penultimate one. I was losing 0-1 in the first half and then 1-2. In the 85th minute and in desperation I hit overload and amazingly Werner equalised in the 88th minute and Demme with a goal that will remain etched in my mind for a long time (lol) after a prolonged attack put us in front in the 93rd minute.

i then lost the CL final to Arsenal 3-2 much more comfortably than the score would indicate. Amazingly I ended the season with over 200 million in the bank.

My 3rd season squad (despite my best efforts to bring German players in - including SULE who apparently prefers living in lovely Hoffenheim than playing CL footie and chasing trophies) is:

GK: GOLLINI/MULLER 

LB: Ruben Duarte, Lucas (bought from Zaragosa)/Halstenberg

RB: Klostermann, Peruzzi, Schmitz

CB: Forced to buy Wahlqvist due to lack of alternatives, Papadopoulos, Mbemba, Orban, Upamecano.

LW: Lozano (loaned in), Forsberg

RW: Sabitzer, Burke (was my top performer in the 2nd season), Bentancur.

CM/DM: Kessie and Zakaria (can also play at cb as per my previous post), Bernardo, Keita, Janelt

AM: Pavon

CF: Werner, Selke, Lautaro Martinez, Max Romero, Dembele, Dadachov

Finished 3rd season. Won the league for the first time by 9 points and won my first cup. It wasn't the UCL or Pokal...it was the Europa League. Upset Man City 3-1 in the final. Was surprised by how much I dominated. Made the Pokal final too but lost to Ingolstadt 0-1 (despite 24 shots to 2...vintage FM). UCL was poor, 3rd in groups on 10pts behind Anderlecht (12pts) and Barca (11pts).

4th season so far: Got revenge on Ingolstadt in the German Super Cup 4-0 and beat Real Madrid in a crazy European Super Cup game that went to extra time, 5-3. First team additions: Malcom (£8.25m), Kovalenko (free) and Pablo Fornals (£13.5m). Malcom for depth on the wings, Kovalenko because the value was too much and Fornals because I lost Akkaynak and M'Vila in pre-season to 7-9 month injuries.

Screens of City and Madrid games:

vs Man City Europa League Final

20161106133032_1.jpg

vs Real Madrid European Super Cup

20161109214704_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

Finished 3rd season. Won the league for the first time by 9 points and won my first cup. It wasn't the UCL or Pokal...it was the Europa League. Upset Man City 3-1 in the final. Was surprised by how much I dominated. Made the Pokal final too but lost to Ingolstadt 0-1 (despite 24 shots to 2...vintage FM). UCL was poor, 3rd in groups on 10pts behind Anderlecht (12pts) and Barca (11pts).

4th season so far: Got revenge on Ingolstadt in the German Super Cup 4-0 and beat Real Madrid in a crazy European Super Cup game that went to extra time, 5-3. First team additions: Malcom (£8.25m), Kovalenko (free) and Pablo Fornals (£13.5m). Malcom for depth on the wings, Kovalenko because the value was too much and Fornals because I lost Akkaynak and M'Vila in pre-season to 7-9 month injuries.

Screens of City and Madrid games:

vs Man City Europa League Final

20161106133032_1.jpg

vs Real Madrid European Super Cup

20161109214704_1.jpg

What kind of tactic are you using? Impressive stats vs 2 top teams :thup:

On 10/11/2016 at 23:48, BanOly said:

@MANUMAD Some good names there, in particular Romero and Dembele (depending on which one) :D

Also a fan of Gino Peruzzi. Looks like you've got a strong squad, or at the very least a strong future squad.

Well as I said its a test save for me hence the size and quality of the squad. Its the Celtic Dembele unfortunately ...

In January I was given an extra 70 mil so I bought 6 more players and sold nobody (sent Majetchak and Muller on loan):

Demarai Gray, Dragowski, Joseph Colley (looks like a regen), Karius. Leo Duarte, Vincene (Romanian CB regen) and Ante Coric for 35mil.

In 2nd 5 points off Bayern who I beat.

One of the most enjoyable saves I have ever done.

Good budget, the team is young (average age should be 23-24), versatile and very good...with a few experienced additions I found myself battling for a spot in Europe (I'm currently 2nd...but I doubt this dream will last, last 2-3 matches were won by sheer luck, but hey...3 points are 3 points).

Summer transfers 2016-2017:

7.5m€ Miiko Albornoz (LB from Hannover). Solid starter (average 7.34), he has good attributes for an attacking-minded FB (Klostermann is playing a more defensive role), he is consistent, he is naturally fit and enjoys big matches. 

4.7€m Papa Alioune Ndiaye (CM from Osmanlispor). My swiss army knife, BBM, RPM, BWM (though he has to unlearn his "Does not dive into tackles").  If you need a tireless midfielder who is naturally fit, brave, consistent and enjoys big matches. Look no further.

4€m Sassà (ST from Botafogo). I was concerned by Selke and Werner's finishing (13 and 12, if I recall correctly), thus I went for a quite balanced and cheap striker with good finishing (15). What to say...he proved more than useful. If you want to play with 2 strikers, I highly recommend him. 

On 11/11/2016 at 10:58, Gee_Simpson said:

What kind of tactic are you using? Impressive stats vs 2 top teams :thup:

After using my own tactic for the first 2 seasons, I wanted to test some user created tactics. I saw a 4-2-3-1 tactic called 4-2-3-1 Pav Gengenpress that was similar to what I was trying to do but did it better so I gave it a shot from 3rd season onwards. Those results were with an older version of that tactic. You can google it for the link (it's on another forum).

On 20/11/2016 at 22:26, BJG123 said:

How does Dadachov develop?  Excellent stats for a 17 year old

He is going pretty good as an Advanced Forward in my game I,m amost half way through the 2020/21 season and he has scored 53 goals in 101 games so far.

6 hours ago, Bradeh said:

Enjoying this team, tried to emulate their real world tactics, seems to be working quite well.

Untitled.png

Having watched all of RB Leipzigs games this season they no longer play 442. They play 4222 with a focus on the centre of the pitch and they pass into space for Werner, Poulsen and Forsberg to run onto, Werner in particular with his pace and determination

Archived