FM17: Fulham FC - COYW

nyg

768px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png

Welcome to the Fulham thread for FM17. I haven't seen one the last couple of years, so this year I just have to make it myself. 

Club Details

Team Name: Fulham Footbal Club

Year Founded: 1879

Chairman: Shahid Khan

Current Manager: Slavisa Jokanovic

Club Captain: Scott Parker

Vice Captain: None at the start

League: Sky Bet Championship

Media Prediction: 7th

Fierce Rivals: QPR (Local), Chelsea (Local)

Other Rivals: Brentford (Local)

Legends: Johnny Haynes (Player), Mohammed Al-Fayed(Chairman)

Icons: Simon Morgan (Player), George Cohen (Player), Brian McBride (Player), Gordon Davies (Player), Kit Symons (Player and manager), Ray Lewington (Player and manager), Micky Adams (Player and manager)

Favoured Personnel: Roy Hodgson (Manager), Chris Coleman (Player and manager), Brede Hangeland (Player), Luis Boa Morte (Player), Danny Murphy (Player)

Facilities

Stadium: Craven Cottage

Capacity: 25 700 all-seater

Corporate Facilities: Average

Training Facilities: Excellent training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities

Youth Stadium: Motspur Park

Training Ground: Motspur Park

Junior Coaching: Good junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Established

Club Finances

Estimated Value: £64M (Loan debt: £25,5M)

Balance: £15,099,051M

Finances: Secure

Transfer Budget: £400k

% of transfer revenue made available: 55%

The Team

Goalkeepers

-David Button

-Marcus Bettinelli

-Jesse Joronen

David Button may be the best goalkeeper with 3.5 stars rating at the start, but Bettinelli is not far behind. He got 4 star potential in the championship, so both of them are good choiches. 

It depends on what kind of GK you're after. Button could do the best job as a sweeper-keeperm and Bettinelli is more of a classic keeper. 

Behind them you have Jesse Joronen who you could sell right away, Taye Ashby-Hammond is just as good. He's the only one worth mentioning from the youth teams.

Central defender

Tomas Kalas (loan)

- Michael Madl

- Ragnar Sigurdsson

- Tim Ream

All of them got 3 star ability, so none of them really sticks out. It depends on what kind of football you're playing. Kalas and Madl are more of the ball playing kind, and Sigurdsson is the out and out defender. Ream are maybe better at the left back, so you could easily make some money here. 

Left back

Tim Ream 

- Scott Malone

- Ryan Sessegnon

Scott Malone may be the best one at the start of the game, but in Sessegnon you have a rare talent. Giving him a full time contract should be the first thing you do. Fulham have a future international in him - give him games from the start!

Right back

- Dennis Odoi

- Ryan Fredericks (Injured 4-5 months)

- Tomas Kalas (loan)

Odoi can play on both sides, but is right footed. Should be your first choice from start. Fredericks gives you speeed, but is out for a long time. Kalas is the best backup while he's out.

Central Midfielder

-  Scott Parker

- Kevin McDonald

- Lasse Vigen Christensen

- Ryan Tunnicliffe

- Stefan Johansen (out 3-6 weeks)

- Jozabed

- Dennis Adeniran

Here you have some different types of players. Most of them are hard working, no nonsense players. Jozabed should be a first choice together with Johansen or Christensen. 
Tunnicliffe and McDonald provide cover and are excellent squad players. Parker is your captain, but he is to old for a big role. Should play a limited amount of games or be sold. 

Adeniran is a great talent and you should give hime some game time. Need to sign a full time contract before someone snatches him up!

Left Wing

- Lucas Piazon (loan)

- Floyd Ayite

- Neeskens Kebano

Here you have som tricky players. All of them can play in all the attacking positions, but is probably best as a inside forward - operating from the left. Kebano and Ayite does not speak English, so they need some time to settle in. Ayite should be the first choice - what a player! One of the best in the league. 

Right Wing

- Tom Cairney

- Sone Aluko

Two left footed players here. As you can see, you have the options too play with a classic winger on either side as well. Cairney are natural in the middle as well, and will flourish either on the wing or as a AMC.

Will cut in an score some howlers from distance. A class act.  Aluko will provide cover on both wings and up front.

Striker 

- Chris Martin (loan)

- Cauley Woodrow

- Matt Smith

Martin should be the first choice, with Woodrow as backup. Smith are very limited and should be sold. 

Martin gave me 32 goals as a complete forward, and will shoot you to the prem if treated right. Woodrow is a perfect replacement after the first season, when Martin goes back to Derby.

Transfer suggestions

Moise Kean £1,6m

- Malang Sarr £1,4m

- Alexander Isak £950k

- Toni Lato £800k

- Diego Poyet free

- Kuki £1,7m

- Dayot Upamecano £1,8m

- Tobias Svendsen £14k

- John McGinn £1,6m

- Yacine Adli £1,2m

I'm actually heading down to Craven Cottage for my first ever Fulham game against Sheff Wed in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

As for FM, good read there, Nice info about the squad. Fulham will be a main, long term save for me this FM and some of the new signings really pique my interest. Jozabed seems an unusual player for the Championship in terms of his technique and grace on the ball so will be building a midfield to utilise his skills 

I'm not convinced with the strikers, although your success with Martin might lead me to giving him more time. There isn't much money to improve with any quality but I was eyeing Alexandru Tudorie from Romania as a possible long term fixture. I'd also like to bring in another CB, was looking at free transfer Yohan Tavares on a one or two year deal.

Thinking a playoff spot is my best hope, Championship is quite strong this season.

I sold Aluko, Cairney(I regret this one), Parker, Ream and Button(January) to free some money. Kuki is a good replacement for Cairney, but I miss the longshots and free-kicks. I got to the prem trough the playoffs in the first season, so my team looks a little bit different now. 

Have a good trip to the cottage! 

After some begging to the board and some manipulation of the structures I was able to bring in a couple of promising recruits.

Zakaria Labyad - Free

A good scout report and a successful trial period lead me to offer him a two year deal. He's versatile enough across the attacking positions that he'll offer a range of cover should he not set the place alight. he's started out promising enough and his value has rocketed up to £3m+.

John McGinn - £1m(structured)

Looks like a bargain if I'm honest, young enough with room to grow and adds to the growing contingent of Scots which helps me keep the British core alive in the club.

Jason Cummings £1.1m(structured)

Another purchase from Hibs and another of my fellow countrymen, some really interesting stats for his age, if he has the room to grow my scouts and coaches think then he could be another bargain.

Struggling to get in anothet central defender, had two free transfers reject us in favor of more money elsewhere. May look at a loan move to provide cover as Kalas and Sigurdsson are looking better than I thought. my biggest surprise, has been the form of Ryan Tunniclife, he's my ball winner and has stood out in pre season at that task, he's likely to play a bigger part than I originally thought. 

28 minutes ago, nyg said:

Here you go. Have big hopes for him!

adeniran.PNG

Damn, I should have asked earlier=). Anyway, those money helped me a lot, I'm on my way to the Premier League and I was clever enough to include into a transfer a clause of 50% from next sale (not from profit of).

Don't you remember you player had such a low determination in the beginning as mine? This skill grew very seldom in past FM's, but now they fixed it at least.

adeniran.jpg

He looks nicely developed ngy, what kind of approach did you take with him?

I was gonna introduce Sessengon gradually but he scored in 3 pre season games. How does he look in your save? I'm taking a different approach and I'm training him as an AML, trying to make him our Bale.

Looking to start a save with Fulham alongside my United save, as they are my original local team, and been to watch some legendary games at the Cottage. 

Any ideas on any loans in the first season who are good enough for first team/regular game time? Are players like Tuenzebe, Fosu Mensah etc. good enough? 

3 hours ago, Collina said:

Damn, I should have asked earlier=). Anyway, those money helped me a lot, I'm on my way to the Premier League and I was clever enough to include into a transfer a clause of 50% from next sale (not from profit of).

Don't you remember you player had such a low determination in the beginning as mine? This skill grew very seldom in past FM's, but now they fixed it at least.

adeniran.jpg

It could be that some stats are random. I don't remember what he started with. I trained him on the programme for central midfielder and on passing/tackling.

Will post a pic of Sessegnon later. He is a monster on the left back. Provides lots of assists. At 18 years old he have 10 caps and 3 goals for England. Three goals in the WC! 

1 hour ago, Hoarau said:

I've actually got an offer in for Tuenzebe, scouts rate him very highly. would really like to get Gribbin on loan and maybe permanent.

I like the look of Vickers, Edwards and Onomah from Spurs also.

Nice! Is that a permanent offer for Tuenzebe then? Glad that they are good enough for the team though, love following the premier league youths and blooding them in.

6 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Tunnicliffe worked brilliant in that position for me tbh

Thanks. I will go for him. Looks pretty good.

What about Stefan Johansen? Anyone found a good role for him? Marking, tackling, passing and positioning 10 does not make a good BWM..

Just now, torehj said:

Thanks. I will go for him. Looks pretty good.

What about Stefan Johansen? Anyone found a good role for him? Marking, tackling, passing and positioning 10 does not make a good BWM..

Stefan is a workhorse.. he'll run all day, but I got rid.. couldn't find a place in my team with those technicals tbh

• 2 weeks later...

I started at Fulham around November time and I have to say Martin as CF and Cairney as a Roaming Playmaker are immense. I started in the relegation zone but finished in the playoffs and I'm 3-2 up after the first leg against Norwich.

I'll provide screenshots of the tactics and Jan signings later today. I sold Ream and replaced him with Jonas Olsson making around 2.5. I also signed Jacob Murply and Junior Stanislas as inside forwards who have supported Martin well. Martin scores nearly every game for me. His pace or lack of is really the only issue with him. Otherwise I'd try and get him in permanently. Cairney will be my captain next season and I don't plan on ever selling him. He's a beast! 

Sessegnon  and Pablo Maffeo on loan are my attacking fullbacks and Parker is playing as an anchor man and doing really well.

Hoping to get them up and then do some minor surgery for the first season back in the Premier League.

I'm writing up my rough first season review, not a success at all..ha! As for 2nd season budgets I was given £8.5m for achieving a mid table finish in season 2. I'm pretty happy with that for this campaign, how is it once you're in the Premier League? 

1 hour ago, Hoarau said:

I'm writing up my rough first season review, not a success at all..ha! As for 2nd season budgets I was given £8.5m for achieving a mid table finish in season 2. I'm pretty happy with that for this campaign, how is it once you're in the Premier League? 

I'm hoping to make that step tonight so I'll be sure to fill you in regarding budgets. Who did you sign up for the second season?

9NnDNbR.jpg

hdzt4F8.jpg

I had an absolute mare in the first season, so much so I'm now preparing for my second season still in the Championship. Made it to the playoffs and was soundly beaten 8-5 on aggregate by Newcastle United, a real horror show. To be fair we had no right to be in the playoffs after a truly yoyo season.We bounced from 3rd to 8th with no consistency, a combination of poor tactics from me and strikers that couldn't score in a brothel with a voucher. Martin was top goalscorer with 10 goals until the 4th last game of the league when I threw in Jason Cummings who ended up scoring 8 goals in the remaining games to finish our top goalscorer with 11 overall. He'll be my first choice front man next year after putting in some very impressive performances.

I'm at work just now so can't remember all the specific details of the save but here's a brief run down of my disappointimg first season at the Cottage. I'll put some screen shots up tonight once I'm home but I'll go over the more significant movements within the squad.

Transfer wise I'd say is the only area we were mildly successful :

5pW82sN.png

Outgoings -
Stefan Johanson

Honestly, couldn't fathom what to do with him. My tactical debacle aside, he was one player early on I just couldn't figure where to fit him. He has some very good stats, physically he has enough about him aswell as being a workhorse but I just couldn't figure where all that workmate would benefit me, defence or attack? Not sure if I missed a trick here, the money gotten for him was a bonus so cashed in.

Michael Mdil

Was actually pretty solid for most of the season, he filled in at RB for the first few games then he made home at CB next to Kalas. His decent showing spiked interest from the MLS ams once the bid the £5m asking price he was gone. I felt confident in Ream to take over and he formed a pretty good tag team with the aforementioned Kalas. Actually kinda gutted as Kalas is away back to Chelsea this season after them asking for nearly £22m for him!

Incomings-
John McGinn

Pd8zcHj.png

Young central midfielder who can play a number of roles, struggled to cement a spot in quite a loaded area of our squad. He did however perform better in the last 5 of so games when the team started to click. Like most of the squad I think another season in the Championship is really gonna bring him on and give him some good experience.

Jason Cummings

NwuT8Eq.png

Another recruit from Hibs in Scotland, increasing the number of Scots to dangerous levels.. Do we need a WP if I get the hard Brexit!? That aside, he's another player denied the chance to settle in BT my terrible tactics and the constant changing of roles and line ups. He took up to the playoffs,hat tricks against Brentford and Huddersfield aswell as a brace against Sheffield Wednesday in the final game creeped us into 6th place. He looked lethal those last few games and I'm all honesty it's my own fault he's not had more of a run. I'm not making Chris Martin's(the shock! Me not signing another Scot!) move permanent, Cummings is only 21 and already has shown improvement. As I said with McGinn, another full season in the Championship should really help his development should he stay among the goals.

Marius Lundemo

Pd8zcHj.png

This lad replaced Johansen in the squad, a significant improvement in my eyes. This lad is an all rounder. A threat going forward but can put a shift in when winning the ball back. Really happy with him.

That was the main preseason dealings, lack of funds limited what I was able to work with but come January, despite our poor form we had some interest in a number of players as our above outgoings show so that game me some wiggle room come January and I certainly made most of, perhaps went OTT bringing in bodies but it's almost as if I knew in januarys window that we wouldn't be going up this season and I started preparing then for next seasons campaign..

January Incomings

Ravel Morrison
2ahDH37.png

The absolute jewel of my signings and my squad now, truly surprised I managed to snag him. The fee was another surprise, £1.5m and not too extravagant wage demands ticked all the boxes. I'm fully aware some people will see him as a liability due to his commitment, tempremant, past behaviour and attitude. So far I've managed to keep him happy and he's now, thanks to me finally getting tactically settled, starting to show real glimpses of quality. Most of Cummings goals that took to the playoffs in those last 5 or so games where supplied by Ravel. He's someone I'm hoping can really shine I'm this full season in the Championship. Genuine quality.

Frank Oldrup Jensen
[imghttp://i.imgur.com/vyjdMec.png][/img]

Aswell as the influx of Scots, we have a healthy Nordic contingent now, Jensen is another midfielder able to cover a number of roles which really helps. Big hopes for him to provide quality cover and rotation in the central midfield slots.

Rafik Zekhnini
eYoByT1.png

This lad is a favorite of mine, young, raw and unpolished. Exactly what a need ahead of another season in the Championship, I feel he's really gonna shine in the season ahead. I keep harping on about the last 5 games of last season but I changed everything it was like a different side I discovered. Rafik was one to stand out, very direct and gets into great positions. Think he grabbed 3 goals which was good for his limited outings, he's chipped in with a couple of assists aswell. Ive asked him over the summer to try and place his shots as he was getting into great goalscoring positions but just seemed to lack composure and a bit of technique. Another one I'm hoping for a big season from.

AMC from East Europe

Was recommended him by a scout, never heard of him before and thought with a reasonably low fee it was worth the risk. Playing second fiddle in the AMC position to Ravel but very promising again.

As for the season ahead I've brought in a large number of players, partly to shake things up but also to replace a number of departing players. Ive actually been pleasantly surprised at the quality of low fee, low wage or even free transfers from leagues like La Liga 1|2|3, Ligue 2 & Bundesliga 2. Well worth a scout I'd say, a number of my scouts have came back with some gems. As I said my hand was forced to do a rather large overhaul, a number of the squad demanded moves to the Premier League or abroad. Sad to lose some like Cairney(my Scot ratio taking a hit here), Button and Ayite, all moved on for what I consider good deals financially for the club so Mr Khan will be happy I'm sure. It has left me having to find bodies from all over.

Having finally settled on a couple of set ups I reckon we won't be as tactically naive this turn round, the board are only expecting us to finish mid table which I was surprised with but myself, secretly, I'll be aiming for promotion. Minimum playoffs but ideally I want to challenge for one of those automatic spots. Once I finish up preseason i'll update with where we're at.

I notice most of you have sold Matt Smith. I bought him in my game to league 1 and he was comfortably top scorer. He then played most weeks in the Championship and was 2nd top scorer with 28 goals (only beaten by Jordan Ayew for Villa who scored a hat trick in both the play off semi and final!). Used as a TM(s) with a SS behind him in a 4231 he has been superb. 

I got around 24m for promotion but after losing Martin and Parker retiring, it took me hours to try and build a team capable of staying up. Can't remember all the transfers but I've won 5 of my first 8 games and I've signed Sergio Romero, Yaya Toure on a free, Anthony Knockaert, Guillermo Varela and a few others... Proper wheeling and dealing but it looks to be paying off. Toure is just a monster.

• 1 month later...

Just bought the game and immediately went for Fulham, of course. In the final stretch of my first season.

Decent players to keep: Cairney (tied to new contract), Sessegnon (tied to new contract), Johansen & Christensen, Kalas (best defender in the league, shame he doesn't want to stay permanently), Sigurdsson, Fredericks (needs patience), Piazon (signed on a perm), Aluko, Ayite

Pretty much everyone else can go to upgrade. Key thing is to buy a striker, because Martin is inconsistent and his picture is irritating. Assombalonga is a good bet if you can get him.

My favourite tactic is to build up the youth academy and win that way, always seems more satisfying!

Archived