[FM 17] If You’re Not First, You’re Last Redux – Redemption For The “Nearly Men” Of Europe

ManUtd1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/4/2017 at 23:59, ManUtd1 said:

Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really ****, but you weren't all that great either.  Like Tottenham.  

863px-Club_Brugge_KV_logo.svg.thumb.png.eac0adabafcf89b84092be7da231493b.png

Club Brugge KV

Tactical Musings

Alright, I've lost this post twice now, so I'm just going to cut right to the chase.

I've been reading up on the Very Fluid/Overload tactics employed by @Guimy and @DrPoods in their Wolfpack and Decapitated Buffalo tactics, and decided to start tinkering.  I wanted to mix their concepts with the existing PM Libre structure, and it was delightfully effective.  But, I wanted to utilize fullbacks or wingbacks, which we weren't set up for at Frankfurt.  

Now, I'm In Bruges, so to speak.  No sign of Colin Farrell, though.

The base tactic will be PM Branco di Libero -- or "Grapefruit Pack of Libero," a grammatical monstrosity intended to be an homage to @Guimy.

c91f59206a53c1ed2560a3a3efa37b93.png

The formation is essentially the same as PM Libre -- except, we've substituted @Guimy's "withdrawn targetman" for the enganche, changed the inverted wingbacks to fullbacks.

6be2b8a7cea4684d6ee83a2809008f42.png

The TIs  are basically from the Wolfpack tactic, but with: (1) a normal defensive line; (2) no offside trap; and (3) "stay on feet" ticked.  As to the first two, Brugge isn't good enough to play that high a line...and it'd be rather silly to play an offside trap with a libero.  At least, that's my gut reaction.

Image result for smrt i am so smart

I also chose to keep my lads on their feet, due to the aggressive OIs:

209db5c9a494b523f666823c859de54c.jpg

I switched to these OIs for the final season at Frankfurt, and they worked a treat.  The heavy emphasis on closing down the opposition midfield/defense (instead of their more advanced players) resulted in: (1) more forced turnovers/interceptions as the opposition sought to alleviate pressure; and (2) kept a tighter, more coherent shape at the back, since we weren't chasing players as much.

The counter/defensive version is essentially a tweaked version of the PM In Catene approach, lovingly named PM Lupo Incatenato ("grapefruit chained wolf")...again, an homage:

53005b4776b7c313c1b50de3458ce023.png 61a5b26d836d2ca648fc8cbecef150d4.png

Obviously, the aggression of the fullbacks can be toned down with the overlap TI if need be.  But, as with PM Libre, the goal is to get the side forward at pace -- with some width, this time around.

The primary tactic was working with Frankfurt, but Brugge is not Frankfurt.  At least, not yet.

My initial goal is to take the **** out of that arrogant, snide Kiwi **** at Anderlecht.

Uh this is pretty amazing. I've been searching around for people who've gotten the Libero working and just wow.

No practice. Just fired this up for the Merseyside Derby against Liverpool tonight (FM18). We dominated the game. Won 4-1. Sure they outshot us 27-19 and outpossessed us 55-45. But We were outshooting them 17-12 when up 3-1 I switched to the counter tactic at 64'.

Also, clear cut chances? 5-1 Everton. Half chances 4-2. Talk about high flying! We were just racing up and down the pitch. I was nervous because we were exhausted, having won the League Cup 3 days earlier, while Liverpool hadn't played in 15 days, and this tactic is intense. But it didn't matter. Three of their back four had yellow cards by the end of the game, and so did Coutinho.

Thanks! I'm not sure if I can bring myself to use it all the time, but against a the CM version of a 4-2-3-1 this just works like a charm. It's definitely got a place in my toolkit. So much fun.

Thanks, @Joey Numbaz!  It is tremendously fun, which is why I'm still playing it!

The main tweak I'd suggest that is posted after that tactical overview: switch the fullbacks to support duty instead of attack, as that will reduce the opposition's chances to get around your flank for crosses and cutbacks. 

I'll tinker with the defensive line, as well, based on how fast the opposition is or how talented they are (if they're fast/talented, dropping off). Also, dropping deeper can help unlock a defense that is really packed in because the moments of transition will happen further from their goal (on average) meaning you have more space to exploit.

Again, glad you're enjoying it!

2 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Thanks, @Joey Numbaz!  It is tremendously fun, which is why I'm still playing it!

The main tweak I'd suggest that is posted after that tactical overview: switch the fullbacks to support duty instead of attack, as that will reduce the opposition's chances to get around your flank for crosses and cutbacks. 

I'll tinker with the defensive line, as well, based on how fast the opposition is or how talented they are (if they're fast/talented, dropping off). Also, dropping deeper can help unlock a defense that is really packed in because the moments of transition will happen further from their goal (on average) meaning you have more space to exploit.

Again, glad you're enjoying it!

Thanks for extra tips. I was thinking about whether tweaking it for the FM18 roles I wonder if a Segundo Volante replacing the CMs might help out defensively also.

Do your players wear down as the season progresses, especially when you play 2 matches a week for a few weeks in a row? Or does that not happen in Belgium?

Just now, Joey Numbaz said:

Thanks for extra tips. I was thinking about whether tweaking it for the FM18 roles I wonder if a Segundo Volante replacing the CMs might help out defensively also.

Do your players wear down as the season progresses, especially when you play 2 matches a week for a few weeks in a row? Or does that not happen in Belgium?

I rotate 2 XIs throughout the season, very heavily. My squad is usually 22-26 players, and everyone gets playing time.

That makes sense, I always have deep squads and don't mind playing the kids. I basically base everything off the Cleon Ajax threads in terms of squad management (though I do bring in some young transfers for the first team early on to get the quality up).

One more question if you don't mind ... does the Libero really get involved in the attack, doing the fun Libero-y attacking things we would expect?

1 minute ago, Joey Numbaz said:

One more question if you don't mind ... does the Libero really get involved in the attack, doing the fun Libero-y attacking things we would expect?

I never mind!

Yes, the libero will sit deep in the opponent's half and direct traffic, spraying balls around, gathering up half clearances, looking for killer balls and pushing towards the box late.  PPMs will, of course, affect this.

I've had a number of goals from this slot, and a player with a high long shots attribute could be deadly. 

Every time I think about playing a different system, I can't bring myself to do it. Strikerless with a libero is way too much fun on overload/very fluid... But I may bring the inverted wingbacks back...

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! This is my future Libero I think. I just got him as a newgen today, and he's what triggered my Libero hunt ... think he'll fit the bill? Seems perfect to me. He's 6' 4" at 15. Seems to have it all. The announcement said he could become one of the best players of his generation and I kind of agree.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 1.15.10 PM.png

Edited by Joey Numbaz

25 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! This is my future Libero I think. I just got him as a newgen today, and he's what triggered my Libero hunt ... think he'll fit the bill? Seems perfect to me. He's 6' 4" at 15. Seems to have it all. The announcement said he could become one of the best players of his generation and I kind of agree.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 1.15.10 PM.png

Looks like a very tasty prospect that I'd absolutely retrain! If he develops... Kid could be a legend.

22 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Sorry to but in, I'm sure @ManUtd1 won't mind, but I have a good example of a Libero absolutely going for it.

4c22dff76005682fdde479c4dadadd68.gif

Berisha is the Libero attack, here. Might have been nicer if he'd scored, but it gets the point across.

Such a great threat, with the ability to make a killer pass AND run from deep. I forget, what were/are Berisha's PPMs? If he has gets forward or arrives in box late, I suspect you would see more movement like this.

25 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Sorry to but in, I'm sure @ManUtd1 won't mind, but I have a good example of a Libero absolutely going for it.

Berisha is the Libero attack, here. Might have been nicer if he'd scored, but it gets the point across.

Wow! That's the stuff dreams are made of.

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Such a great threat, with the ability to make a killer pass AND run from deep. I forget, what were/are Berisha's PPMs? If he has gets forward or arrives in box late, I suspect you would see more movement like this.

Don't think he had any.

My only fault is that I don't realize how great I really am.

5a8068f78fee4_DRCongoPana.thumb.png.e951f8f352272b2392d3ba7fe967bf70.png

Panathinaikos AO / DR Congo

2086/87 Season Review

The past year has been momentous in every respect.  Another Superleague victory.  Panathinaikos' first European trophy.  Appointment as DR Congo manager.

There's not much more I could ask for.  But, of course, it is time to ring the changes.  I've got 6 players coming in this summer, 4 of whom are Congolese...and a 5th Congolese player arriving in January.  The existing 5 non-EU players need to move out...so they'll go out on loan with monthly fees to generate income.  It's frustrating as 3 of them are in the 1st XI (Dagnogo, Addo and Traore), but we've got capable hands to fill in.  And it isn't like my signings are poor.

3 years into my tenure and we're on the cusp.  I want to bring the Champions League title to Athens in the next 3-4 years.  Which means the squad over the next year must form the backbone of that CL-winning side.  We've got work to do, lads.

Goals for 2087/88: Qualify for the Champions League Knockout Rounds.  Win the Superleague.

Squad|League Overview|Finances Overview|Income Detail|Expenditures Detail|Transfers

Superleague Fixtures|Champions League Fixtures|Europa League Fixtures|Kupello Hellas Fixtures

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png

Champions League Review

Gustav's West Ham are too good.  Scary good.  Red-eyes-at-night good.  I don't think that is a coincidence...

That being said, my old side Oostende did them right and proper in the Final, claiming their 3rd CL title in 4 years (4th in 7).  It's true what they say...

#OostCoastBestCoast

#BYOSkittelbrau #MakesTheLadiesHowl

a5326d6f61fb9a3458ed37da041efab0.jpg b1b425600e526bfae9412c80594ab33d.jpg

f7900723f42694b5e0e4123991d7e0e9.jpg

Challenge Overview

8d0a6f53400b0981b7a8bd2ec648c916.png

42cd3b1da19ffcf8ea61881cae443d50.png

1f98eba18bb08c12f44dc687bb734144.png

Edited by ManUtd1

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Don't think he had any.

We're going to find out how "arrives late in opponent's area" figures in, as I'm now signing this 19 year-old dual-national midfielder from Grasshoppers, who's playing as libero for DR Congo.  $11M.

42cdc9fb52d1c296ace38da4df5310b5.jpg 

5 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

We're going to find out how "arrives late in opponent's area" figures in, as I'm now signing this 19 year-old dual-national midfielder from Grasshoppers, who's playing as libero for DR Congo.  $11M.

42cdc9fb52d1c296ace38da4df5310b5.jpg 

Ohhh! This should be amazing!

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Ohhh! This should be amazing!

Dunno. This kid might be more trouble than he's worth. His agent already called to inform me, in a weary voice, that his client has "spoken the Ideals" and legally changed his name to this symbol:

Windrunners2_zps8e5a01d5.png~c200

These orthodox Telleusians really do my head in. 

Our kitman is beside himself.

Edited by ManUtd1

19 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Straight out of /r/im14andthisisdeep .

Meanwhile, whilst I'm sad about Real Madrid not getting relegated, I was cheered up by being reminded of FM17 and the emo-zombie look, apparently in vogue in 2087 Spain.

1dcY8xh.jpg

Sonic Death Penguins have a lot to answer for, not least the Spanish Gen Omega Cyber Goth movement.

13 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Sonic Death Penguins have a lot to answer for, not least the Spanish Gen Omega Cyber Goth movement.

As an homage to Huey Lewis, in early 2087 Ludwig's Estate authorized the release of a new Sonic Death Penguin album, "Fore."  It consisted of songs recorded in Ludwig's basement during the early days, before fame and fortune changed their sound.  It's a little new wave, for my taste.

giphy.gif

Old age is just a record of one's life.

September 2087 Mini-Update

At the first glimpse of weakness, the vultures are circling.  If this continues with DR Congo, I'm getting fired.  No question.  Our club form isn't something to be proud of either.  And with this Champions League group, we aren't likely to get any respite any time soon.

Maybe the players just need a hug.  In the face.  With a metal folding chair.

7825fba30adb1170a000ee00124675b1.jpg 86c11cb087308e2ac1f49657a18b04b5.jpg

88553a8bfb507b39bc6c9fb3ff11bb87.png

b12256ce616de4577718bab6e7e6630e.jpg

Edited by ManUtd1

Back in the saddle again...at least with Panathinaikos.  DR Congo is another story entirely...you'll note the general absence of my Congolese players in this team, other than the Footballer Formerly Known As Prince.

49afa4cbd4693a5cc5482c27bafd1c83.jpg 

Heart-pounding EL final, thankfully you came out alive in the end!

Everything's going strong here, you have to be the team to watch this season. Really enjoying Panathinaikos so far, as it's far more satisfying and entertaining to see you build a smaller team like this from scratch a la Malmo or Partizan and take them all the way rather than the last few clubs where you inherited a ridiculous squad and romped through in a few seasons. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it's nice to see the mixture!

10 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Windrunners2_zps8e5a01d5.png~c200

I love this :D. The player who uses this symbol looks like a cracking prospect. Narrative still going strong as well, my friend. 

Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.

October 2087 Mini-Update

This is better -- for both DR Congo and Panathinaikos.  President Dube has been sending me texts and leaving voicemails at all hours -- drunken, thinly-veiled threats.  I'm not saying he'd carry them out... But who am I to doubt a man that carries around a gold-plated AK-47?

My first competitive matches with Les Simbas are next month, home-and-away against Togo in the CAF World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round...these wins make me slightly more confident, but truth be told we were far from flattering.  This could get ugly.  Fast.

7064a51b05c86cb1e0c86ddc5a65e5fd.jpg 0ebe88a16d5ab04fa692a9ffc7f23aa3.jpg

4a98ca2cfc718b8f5d52c9debb7df71e.png

d2fd0663376f9cb9a820edca88832b63.jpg

Edited by ManUtd1

If you lose a big fight, it will worry you all of your life. It will plague you - until you get your revenge.

November 2087 Mini-Update

Here I thought I things were looking up.  Panathinaikos on a tear, including a win over Leeds on Matchday 4, which all but assures our progression to the knockout rounds.

And then I joined up with Les Simbas.  To face Togo, a side ranked 82nd in the world...  We controlled both matches.  But not with any conviction.  And we certainly didn't put the ball in the back of the net as frequently as we should have...  2 quick goals in Kinshasa was all we had, before it all fell apart.

President Dube had seen enough.  Sacked.  An utter disgrace.  From World Cup finalists to elimination in the 2nd qualifying round.  I count myself lucky to still have both of my thumbs.

4cf79e394f41198aa2525b951b85eda6.jpg 670787897cf1ca0b4d5e04faa04aac58.jpg

9f88014d7c12a32436c909c7c961c9e8.png

74f70abdc31a22265702160ef8b1c3f9.jpg

ac88783c77ca5ecc49f3e3748b4c9801.jpg

I'm gutted.  We were awful.  Not once during my all-too-brief tenure with Les Simbas did the tactics come together.  This was almost too predictable...when we scored 2 quick in the 2nd leg, I got a deep pit in my stomach.

And, of course, I've also sent some of my best players at Panathinaikos out on loan to make room for Congolese players who need development...

flight of the conchords crying GIF

Sorry to see this happen mate, what an awful turn of events :(. I knew you were looking forward to pushing on with DRC, so I really feel for you here. Hopefully there will be a chance to return sometime in the future, that would be some poetic justice.

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

9 months.  4 wins.  2 draws.  3 losses.  Unacceptable. 

Genuinely gutted over here.  Time to save and close down the laptop for the night.

088c868131c82240bc46e9214ae67e80.jpg 

At least you kidnapped locked down forever recruited a lot of talent for the national team. Somewhere down the line, the FA will thank you.

Unless you make them all train goalkeeping and long throws in the Panathinaikos reserves for the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

At least you kidnapped locked down forever recruited a lot of talent for the national team. Somewhere down the line, the FA will thank you.

Unless you make them all train goalkeeping and long throws in the Panathinaikos reserves for the next 5 years.

Personally trained by Michael Owen's grandson.

My cell is ringing again. 

I let it go to voicemail. 

I've missed training, I'm sure. Maybe even a match... I've no inclination to leave the house, which is fine by Hobbes who's sleeping next to me on the couch.

What day is it? I couldn't tell you. Not that it matters. The job of my dreams and I've blown it.

As much as I want to rage at President Dube and his lack of patience, I can't bring myself to blame him. I can't manufacture even an ounce of self-righteous outrage. Eliminated at the first hurdle... The warning signs were all there. 

Yet, I stubbornly persisted. With my tactics. With the young dual-nationals, instead of steady, older hands. I thought I knew best... And now I've paid the price for my hubris.

The phone is ringing again. It's my assistant, who I haven't seen in months, not since that fateful car ride with Linus.

Reluctantly, I answer. Here is someone I can rage at.

"You! Just where the holy **** have you been, eh?! Could have used some help these past few months, but noooo... You've been off doing what, exactly?!"

"Gunnar, listen. Where I've been is of no importance right now, what you need to do--"

"No importance," I interrupt, laughing. "Chasing wee ghosties and red-eyed men, I assume?"

"It isn't a laughing matter and you know it... You know what, nevermind. You aren't in the right state to discuss this, and we shouldn't have that talk over an open line, anyways. Where are you?"

"Out," I lie. I haven't left the house in at least 2 weeks. The pizza boxes are piling up.

"Bull****," retorts my assistant. "Color me crimson if I'm wrong, but you're home."

Bastard. "I'm busy. Leave me alone."

"Are you wearing those ridiculous green sweatpants?"

I most certainly am. They're comfortable. More importantly, sweatpants don't judge. Sweatpants understand.

"No." 

"When's the last time you had a proper meal?"

Several days at least.

I feign an aggreived tone of voice and set out to lying once again. "Just this morning, I had--" 

"Salted ice cubes?" 

Double bastard. "Maybe last night..."

"Gunnar, last night you had hot water with a chicken bouillon square in it, you lunatic. No wonder you're losing your mind."

Triple bastard. Clearly I'm not bluffing my way out of this one.

"Food is for winners," I explain. Being called out has at least let some of the numbness recede, bleeding away until I can perhaps consider facing the world again.

"Take a shower, Gunnar. I'm outside. Once you're ready, we can talk."

"Oh, no need," I lie. "Took a shower just this morning."

"A proper shower, Gunnar."

Bastard.

Edited by ManUtd1

9 hours ago, Joey Numbaz said:

I cannot wait to see Prince libero it up. Make sure he wears purple shoes.

With the coming squad re-shuffle, he and Udikaluka are likely the only two Congolese players who will survive. 

As a libero and dual-national, the Footballer Formerly Known As Prince has more than enough talent to stay.  Udikaluka doesn't have a second nationality, but he is really solid. 

The rest... I'll likely loan out for now.

9 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Sorry to see this happen mate, what an awful turn of events :(. I knew you were looking forward to pushing on with DRC, so I really feel for you here. Hopefully there will be a chance to return sometime in the future, that would be some poetic justice.

That would be, and I'd jump at the chance. After all, redemption is the underlying purpose of this entire save!

9 hours ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Oh man ... my screen hadn't refreshed. Sorry about the sacking.

No worries :lol:

I'm excited about the Footballer Formerly Known As Prince, too.

4 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

That's gutting. At least you can get revenge with a different national team. If Dube doesn't kill you first...

President Dube made a grave error in letting me leave the country... I certainly won't return without certain assurances... And his sphere of influence is rather small these days, given the extensive UN sanctions put in place against his regime.

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

Mutombo, that fraud of a centerback, in particular...

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Personally trained by Michael Owen's grandson.

Even I'm not that cruel... Am I?

There's not much like that first cup of coffee, especially after several weeks without...

My assistant is blabbing on and on about something to do with Gustav and his red-eyed minions from "beyond."

I nod and mumble at seemingly-appropriate moments. So much talking, when I just want to savor this cup of coffee...

"Gunnar are you listening?"

The reverie broken, I realize that my attention was wandering again. 

"Of course I am. Solid, that."

"What was I saying, Gunnar?"

He always complains that I don't listen to him.  But that's not fair, I only tune him out when he's boring me.

"You know. Storms, a... Void. Ehhh... Harnesses?"

"Heralds, Gunnar."

"Err, yeah... That's what I meant."

My assistant begins to talk, and I just let his words wash over me. He's waving his arms around like a lunatic.

And that's when I see her. Tall, brunette. Stunning. I'm smitten.

Do you want me to start drinking again? Is that what you'd like? You want me to return to that?

Panathinaikos-football-seal.png.e74126d377d152483f8dd5f965b0478a.png

Panathinaikos AO

December 2087 Mini-Update

Slowly but surely, life is returning to normal.  Sure, when I see the Congolese lads at the training ground it cuts to the bone, but each day the pain and regret consume me a little bit less.

It doesn't hurt that I've been trying to arrange for a casual "run in" with the brunette from the coffee shop.  Hobbes and I have been hanging out there (dogs are nothing if not magnets for women...) at all hours, but I haven't seen her.  Is it stalking if you can't find the target of your affections?  My assistant is simply pleased that I'm out of the house, clean shaven and well dressed.

On the pitch, we've had some domestic wobbles but nevertheless sit atop the Superleague.  In the Champions League, we were rightly smashed by Oostende, but 2 solid wins over Leeds and Zenit -- coupled with a Leeds win over Oostende -- pushed us to the top of the Group.  That's right, we managed to claim top spot.  Surreal.

We've drawn Valencia who should prove to be a tough opponent...  During the Group Stage last year we beat them at home and drew at the Nuevo Mestalla, but we had a different squad at the time -- several key players from which are off on loan.  In other words, we're a bit weaker this year than we were last year.

It isn't an insurmountable task, by any means.  We simply need to do ourselves proud.  But the reality is that the squad will see some changes next year as those key players are brought back into the squad.  The pieces will be in place then for a true run at the knockout rounds.

a47b17b617e6a8bd8e4aebda2c10c34d.jpg

b97a2c860576c1ca47cef879e4435a85.jpg

169131fd0e0020653b81cdcf47beafe2.jpg

fa6f238ca75f6af3452c991017475466.png c7c35027ae4daf542b84b27ad26140c1.png

Edited by ManUtd1

It finally happened.  The great Hakan Telleus has been knocked out of top spot on the in-game "Hall of Fame."

4f9d578f3e8c2188fe5112f509397762.jpg 

c9fdb28441c0c4b44f598e97e963e3cf.jpg 

I've expected this for a bit, as Acar has climbed up the ranks rather swiftly thanks to his tenure at the likes of West Ham, Anderlecht, Dijon, Inter and Valencia.  Things took a wobble after he went to Manchester City, but he's come full circle and is back in Turkey, claiming titles.  You can argue about the statistics/calculations all day, of course -- the guys from Monterrey and Zenit, above Sir Alex?!?  Nevertheless, it is an interesting measurement.  

(For anyone wondering, Bobby Manc is in 16th place...)

Here are Acar's current accomplishments from the Hall of Fame page -- it is quite a career:

999eb7eebf7353a27355718fab91246a.jpg 

3d530ef108ccef06667471659a2f6ae1.jpg 

8c81814adf55b3f7662de4a186256d93.jpg 

Gunnar's task will be to usurp him, obviously.  He's well on track to do that, of course.

After more than a month of staking out the coffee shop, she finally arrived. With a friend. Talking about having been out of town for the holidays... 

Relief washes over me. But... I need a chance to introduce myself. This is where Hobbes comes in...

And what did I tell you? Women love dogs. And Hobbes is the best. 

We've got her name and number and -- even more precious -- a smile.

Good boy, Hobbes... Extra treats tonight, for sure.

Do you want me to start drinking again? Is that what you'd like? You want me to return to that?

Panathinaikos-football-seal.png.e74126d377d152483f8dd5f965b0478a.png

Panathinaikos AO

March 2088 Mini-Update

The 1st leg in Valencia was a nightmare.  We were flaccid.  Impotent.  You pick the colorful adjective.  Go ahead, I won't be offended.

We had our job cut out for us in the 2nd leg, but we also knew that if we could knock them back ... we could perhaps claw our way back into the match.

We did.  And it was glorious.  1 early goal became 2.  Halftime...and we're nearly there.  In the 56th we hit a 3rd.  9 minutes later, we hit a 4th.  In the 89th, we wrapped the match with a 5th.  A 91st minute penalty buried them.  Valencia collapsed.  Utterly and completely.  Epic.

Into the quarterfinals we go.  Against all of the odds.

19d37f64fc8c36936d8f37afc6c9194d.jpg

5028fed3a8dbcfbc72966d8318232b24.jpg 6fbc89b443eb97444517546c30ce726d.jpg 8b7a9c28302f19e74b971714dd3661aa.jpg 4272edcd94a8cbbc1da52a479e35df18.jpg 3d62bfb9db48ed14028e36a016f89360.jpg 92528ab35a97a1488a014d6a3f7950c2.jpg f2df524c7d1a295d4d5fef8f521a45b4.jpg

7ab31dc6474ad8270de4bb4cef5328a6.png

0271167a17172fd67652fbcaf659e801.jpg 66ea197889fde854a74c8737e25a50e3.jpg