FM 2018 Training Coach Star Rating Formulas

BuzzKill

(I'm new to posting here, so hopefully this is the correct section for this.)

Anyhow, I've noticed some changes in the way that certain training coach star ratings are calculated in FM 2018 from previous editions. Specifically, the star formulas for Tactics, Defending, and the Goalkeeper coaches seem to have all been updated.

After some educated guessing and testing with the in-game editor, I'm thinking these are likely the updated formulas:

Spoiler

There are 12 coaching attributes relevant to coaching star ratings. These attributes are: "Attacking", "Defending", "Fitness", "Mental", "Tactical", "Technical", "GK Distribution", "GK Handling", "GK Shot Stopping", "Determination", "Level of Discipline", and "Motivating".

All coaching formulas now seem to add up so that they are out of a maximum of 300 possible points. Minimum points possible seems to be 15.

These points correspond with star ratings as such:

270 to 300 = 5 stars

240 to 269 = 4.5 stars

210 to 239 = 4 stars

180 to 209 = 3.5 stars

150 to 179 = 3 stars

120 to 149 = 2.5 stars

90 to 119 = 2 stars

60 to 89 = 1.5 stars

30 to 59 = 1 star

15 to 29 = 0.5 stars

Strength Coaching:

(Fitness * 9) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Aerobic Coaching:

(Fitness * 9) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Tactics Coaching:

(Tactical * 6) + (Mental * 3) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Ball Control Coaching:

(Technical * 6) + (Mental * 3) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Defending Coaching:

(Defending * 6) + (Tactical * 3) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Attacking Coaching:

(Attacking * 6) + (Tactical * 3) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Shooting Coaching:

(Technical * 6) + (Attacking * 3) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

GK Shot Stopping Coaching:

(GK Shot Stopping * 9) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

GK Handling Coaching:

(GK Handling * 9) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

GK Distribution Coaching:

(GK Distribution * 9) + ((Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating) * 2)

Also, I've attached an excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) that already has the formulas in it and can be used as a [very rudimentary] coaching star calculator. Simply enter the relevant coaching attribute values in column B (the default attribute values are currently 10) and then the star ratings are calculated in column F.

I haven't done a ton of testing to be certain that there aren't errors in the formulas and/or spreadsheet, so please advise if you notice any issues or have comments.

FM18 Coaching Calculator.xlsx

Edited by BuzzKill

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...