FM19: Everton

jujigatame

Has anyone gotten the goals flowing with Everton this season?  I'm 5 EPL matches in and have only scored 3 goals, with Cenk Tosun being particularly worthless with 0 goals and a 6.5 average rating.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 defense-minded CMs, 2 attacking FBs, and Tosun as a target man.

Post full tactics. Without knowing roster in great detail I would be less focused on pumping ball into Tosun as a goal scorer and opt to have Richarlison and Walcott as primary threats, slotting tosun in more of a support role. Certainly want Gomes used in advanced role too. Too good to be used as DMF.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2018 at 05:45, jujigatame said:

Has anyone gotten the goals flowing with Everton this season?  I'm 5 EPL matches in and have only scored 3 goals, with Cenk Tosun being particularly worthless with 0 goals and a 6.5 average rating.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 defense-minded CMs, 2 attacking FBs, and Tosun as a target man.

Used tosun as a poacher 

And he is banging in goals for me 

2 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Why is there bank balance so horrific and does it improve?

I could take a closer look but I don't think it's great as I'm pretty sure my percentage of transfer revenue has been lowered to 25% and the team has taken out a loan.  But maybe Europa League money will help a little.

13 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

Who do you have playing around him in what roles?  How is he scoring?  From crosses?

Yes Crosses from  Walcott as winger support and Rirchalison as inside forward attack or coleman or digne . Bernard isn't very good for me or maybe I'm not using him well. Richalison is also not very consistent. You have to train him to stop running with ball down left for him to play that if role well  as his finishing is a bit good.

Walcott started badly at first so I was using lookman but in gameweek 4 Walcott scored twice and hasn't looked back ever back .  My main problem is  my defence can't seem to keep a clean sheet . But they have a good squad generally, I'm fifth as at game week fifteen having promised the board just a top half finish :)

2 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Why is there bank balance so horrific and does it improve?

Pretty sure it will just win games = higher league finish =  more stadium tickets. more sponsorship ,more prize money as well . rn the club's bank balance is as low as - 61 million quid :)

On 23/11/2018 at 05:45, jujigatame said:

It's not you, it's the game's broken match engine

• 3 weeks later...

OK - I have given in an bought the game... Last 2 years haven't been that impressed - and this is the first time since the games Domark days that I haven't purchased on Day 1 

My first course of action was to seek out the Everton thread - I have made a mistake haven't I!

I think that I may do a MK Dons or Salford City game instead of Everton... Come on Blues - talk me around!

Legs? Are you there?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having scoring issues with Tosun/DCL - but then again, so is Marco Silva IRL. 

I'm also struggling to find a good role for Tom Davies. At the moment I'm using him as BBM, tried as MEZ-S, CM-S and AM-S/A - just can't quite get him working as I'd like.

Beni Baningime has been solid for me on this game though, he's formed a great partnership with Gueye.

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing fine with my save so far. And

This is how I play as of now, made a few tweaks to the roles and duties over the period from the start!

tact.thumb.jpg.df3163687c45dcb326ad874ed710cae6.jpg

The results so far!

results.thumb.jpg.d9c9bb3461faf8649a1604cb6719a80b.jpg

And my transfers this season...

transfers.thumb.jpg.18459482e5944bdb42368f38cba32902.jpg

I am using Richarlison/Tosun as forward and I am not concerned much about them scoring as long as they assist!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess this thread has never really gotten off the ground.  I'm trying to play a 3-4-1-2 system in my second season.  Struggled at the beginning but I think we are putting things together around the Jan transfer window.  Currently in 8th.  Really pushing for a European spot.  Probably in the Europa League.

Archived