Please Help - Transfer/Wage Budget Problem

I am trying to sign players as free agents in January, 6 months before their contracts expire. I have very little transfer/wage budget left for the current season, but I will have plenty of money to sign these players for next season as the vast majority of my current squad consists of players on loan, who will be leaving beforehand, thus freeing up a huge amount of wages. However, the game is taking the funds I'm committing to next season out of my current budget allotted for this current season.

Why is that, and what can I do about it? How do I show the board what I will be saving and using to pay for it? Do I somehow mark the loaned players for release and say I won't be renewing them? It even says next season's wage budget will be high enough to pay for these signings without cutting back at all, yet still shows me in the red at a lesser amount. The board even decreased my percentage of transfer revenue made available because they are "concerned about the wage budget" making it even harder to fix the problem!

To make matters worse a huge amount of money is stuck in the scouting budget which the game won't let me take out and put back into the transfer budget with the available slider nor with the editor, as far as I can tell. Please help, I am missing out on a lot of signings!

image.png

image.png

Bumping this just because I've stopped playing entirely until I can figure out what is going wrong and why future wage commitments are overdrawing my current wage budget instead of coming out of my future wage budget...

47 minutes ago, Weston said:

Bumping this just because I've stopped playing entirely until I can figure out what is going wrong and why future wage commitments are overdrawing my current wage budget instead of coming out of my future wage budget...

Have you looked at the finances page, since this is what it's about? There's a tab in there specifically showing you wages, giving you a summary of what's being spent. The next screen under Wages, is the Salary Commitments section. It should show you what's going on. Have you looked there at all?

10 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Have you looked at the finances page, since this is what it's about? There's a tab in there specifically showing you wages, giving you a summary of what's being spent. The next screen under Wages, is the Salary Commitments section. It should show you what's going on. Have you looked there at all?

Yes, at the break between this and next season my wage commitment drops to 5 mil and my wage budget raises to 14 mil yet I'm being told I'm overdrawn and being blo cked from signing new players for next season, it's absurd...

image.png

Here it says I'm spending 6.76 mil next season. If my wage budget is 14.57 mil next season i should have almost 8 mil to commit to pre-signing free agents for next season, yet my board is not allowing me to do this. Why not?

image.thumb.png.44da979432967a6ffef81794c08c3da7.png

Also, I plan to cancel my scouting packages for a few months after the January window closes, meaning I'll only be charged about 66k more, yet I'm blocked from moving the over 400k trapped in my scouting budget to my transfer/wage budget for this season to help fund moves that won't get on the books til next season, which I shouldn't even need to do in the first place!!

Have you got any higher earners that are running out of contract and you are planning to let them leave at the end of the season? If so then go to their contract section and click Set For Release. Your board should hopefully then be aware that you are going to have spare budget in the summer and let you make an offer. 

2 minutes ago, Things Could Get Messi said:

Have you got any higher earners that are running out of contract and you are planning to let them leave at the end of the season? If so then go to their contract section and click Set For Release. Your board should hopefully then be aware that you are going to have spare budget in the summer and let you make an offer. 

I do not, however a huge percentage of my squad are loaned players with wages and monthly fees that will end as the season closes. Shouldn't the game automatically recognize these expenditures stop?

Basically I am trying to replace the players I loaned with free agents I will own outright. I will not renew the loans because I will have new signings to replace them that I will actually own. I feel like my hands are tied and I'm getting stuck in a perpetual cycle of never being able to break out of this financial dependency because of a glitch, basically...

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

I do not, however a huge percentage of my squad are loaned players with wages and monthly fees that will end as the season closes. Shouldn't the game automatically recognize these expenditures stop?

Basically I am trying to replace the players I loaned with free agents I will own outright. I will not renew the loans because I will have new signings to replace them that I will actually own. I feel like my hands are tied and I'm getting stuck in a perpetual cycle of never being able to break out of this financial dependency because of a glitch, basically...

I had the same problem as you during this save. Having taken Lincoln up to the PL, loans have been important in helping me put together a strong side. However, they partly prevented me from being able to sign players on expiring contracts as the budget was tied up. Sadly, there are still many interaction parts of the game that either don't work like they ideally should and the game appears to lack any sort of intelligence at times when they occur. Still plenty of work for SI to do but I say it constructively rather than critically. 

22 minutes ago, Things Could Get Messi said:

I had the same problem as you during this save. Having taken Lincoln up to the PL, loans have been important in helping me put together a strong side. However, they partly prevented me from being able to sign players on expiring contracts as the budget was tied up. Sadly, there are still many interaction parts of the game that either don't work like they ideally should and the game appears to lack any sort of intelligence at times when they occur. Still plenty of work for SI to do but I say it constructively rather than critically. 

I've also logged this in the bug forum and someone is looking at it so I'll let you know what it says. I have the in-game editor and try to faithfully use it only to correct for unrealistic issues like this, not to game the system or give myself an unfair advantage. If SI can't help me I'll have to see if there's a way to somehow adjust the budgets myself and then bring them back down again, but that seems like it would be super complicated to pull off... :(

Archived