2D Matchday pitch view

hdsnviefbvs

Dear SI Games

I have decided to report this as a bug. It’s regarding the 2D pitch during match. Take a look at this picture:

acytAac.jpg

Me and many other players would like to get the grey area removed and made transparent, please remove the grey area and crop the 2d pitch and replace it with a default background picture, this will allow us to have custom stadium picture (or a picture at our desire) in the background on match day and during the match (and between highlights).

• 2 months later...
On 15/03/2020 at 12:48, Marko1989 said:

I don't think it should be transparent but they should make it like in 2016,2017. Look how much better it looks! It is really embarassing that in 2020 they are going backwards with graphics.

59f86ccd1cd67_2dview2017.png.e9db62b66710ac507a66115e41a95882.png

It should have an option to be transparent, that’s means you could add your own stadium background picture.

At least one thing we can agree on, the way the 2D pitch now is presented is NOT god enough.
SI, please do something about this!

I think the grey area is because MORE and MORE Gamers love to stick Match Stats, and other Game info on the sides of the screen without blocking the field. You'll notice this year, if you drag the stats, some anchors will appear at the screen sides to support in pinning

On 07/06/2020 at 22:09, Aaron33 said:

I think the grey area is because MORE and MORE Gamers love to stick Match Stats, and other Game info on the sides of the screen without blocking the field. You'll notice this year, if you drag the stats, some anchors will appear at the screen sides to support in pinning

Yes, but the area around the 2D pitch still doesn't have to be grey colored, at least there should be an option to remove it (either by editing/modding) and have picture in the background. You could then have plenty of boxes with match stats, either with dark transparency or light transparency.

There should also be an option for the 2D pitch to disappear in between the highlights.

As a “diehard” 2D user and “old school” FM gamer there is no secret that I am very disappointed the way this game are heading and the way the match engine are going.

It seems that the FM developers (SI) had good faith in 3D and that 3D was the future for this game, but I just don’t get it, the game is stuck
in Playstation 2 graphics.  

PS5 and the new Xbox are just around the corner, and by then EA sports FIFA can be played with HDR 4K graphics, let’s face it, there is no way that SI games can ever compete with something like that. (Some may say I’m exaggerating with this comment but I think it’s worth to mention it)
Maybe in like 10 years from now this game will at least have Playstation 3 graphics or something.

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/06/2020 at 22:09, Aaron33 said:

No, it is grey because of SI laziness or because of perfomance issues. There is no way it is gray because of "gamers". If they were thinking about gamers they would make it adjustable.

- If you like stats and you want ugly gray backgournd - tun on that option
- If you love when your game looks nice - then turn on transparency or staduim stands like in previous FM's

They would give us options to choose if they were thinking about "gamers".

Edited by Marko1989

Oh hell yes this has been bugging me for ages as well. As a staunch 2D Football Manager player being able to incorporate custom pictures in the background (a.k.a Stadium Pictures) would be such a bonus.

Unfortunately I fear 2D is nothing more than an afterthought to SI nowadays. Such a shame as I find the 3D completely unplayable. The graphics and animations are so poor and repetitive it very much takes me out of the game. 2D leaves so much to the imagination that the game as a result feels more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...