• Forced to manage an U21s I don't have

SpekySquarehead
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Rangers

Description of issue

I'm Rangers.  We have a Senior, B and U18 team.  I have staff for each of these teams.  Yet, I'm told frequently I need to manage an U21 game in the U21 Premier Division International Cup.  I used to holiday but now I'm getting games when my senior game is on, which is a nightmare.  

I can't even manage the U21 game as I don't have an U21 team.  I also can't hire anyone for this team - because it doesn't exist.  The only option to get by this is to holiday for 1 day, which now effects the 1st team performances.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

8 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @Tomtheowl95

Looking at your save, you do have an U21 team, I set up a friendly for them and wasn't forced to managed them?

No, it's only for the Premier League International Cup, as mentioned by the original poster.

The problem is that there is no way to appoint a proper manager of the U21's because they literally only play in that competition. There isn't a function to appoint any U21 staff for Rangers (and I'd guess Celtic and others who have 'B' teams) because there is no other need of them.

It's not a major issue as there are workarounds, skins etc, but it is an annoying waste of 10 mins or so making sure any players you might need aren't placed in a pointless game.