• Issue with German National Team and Bundesliga Coefficient points

Jarob20
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Dortmund - German national team issues.fm

Description of issue

I was not sure where best to raise this, presumed bug. I am a few seasons in to a Dortmund save and have noticed none of my German players being called up to the National Team. I've looked into it and the only players showing in the Senior squad for Germany are 'greyed out' players. None of the real life players are being selected. The overview screen shows no manager - yet the job doesn't appear in the job centre.

I have also noticed Bundesliga coefficient dropping season by season (down to 7th now having been overtaken by Turkey despite Dortmund winning one, making a final and both Dortmund and Bayern reaching semi finals in the last 3 seasons). This seems ridiculous. 

I'm reluctant to play much more of the save now if the nation I am playing in is going to continually fall down the tables, leading to players not wanting to join etc.

I've attached a copy of the save file. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

The coefficient is based on teams performances in Europe across multiple years. There are three tiers of European competition and so while there are weightings, if the league has had a lull away from Dortmund and Bayern this could be the reason why. If you go to the Globe next to the FM Menu, Europe, Nation Club Coefficients you can see the scores for each nations performance like this:

3703cacb319c48fea0ac26b45cdba8ae.png 

The nation will only continue to fall if the broader contingent of clubs in Europe perform relatively poorly. One team can't necessarily carry a country to the top 4 coefficient spots. If you're seeing something wrong with the coefficients in the table and Germany is lower than it should be based on this then that is something we could investigate.