• Manager Timeline bug after manually signing players from youth intakes

CFuller
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: CFuller_YouthIntake.fm

Description of issue

I'm seeing some unusual entries in my Manager Timeline after manually signing players from my youth intake.

After one high-potential player signed his contract on Thursday 28 March, the manager timeline entry said, "Millwall completed the free transfer signing of Alex Sheringham."

A few more players signed their contracts on Friday 29 March, and the entry updated to say, "Getting 4 high potential players is great, but even better when they're free."

It seems that the timeline is treating these players as free transfers, rather than players signed from your youth team. However, this entry ONLY appears if you manually offer contracts to players from your intake. If you ask your Director of Football to sign them automatically, the entry WON'T appear on your timeline.

Steps to reproduce:

• Load the save file provided.
    • Go to your inbox and open the message "Millwall youth candidates evaluated".
    • Manually offer contracts to all the players who have been recommended by the HoYD.
    • Continue for a few days (up to around Friday 29 March) until players start signing their contracts.
    • Go to Home > My History > My Manager Timeline.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments