• Sidebar Missing In All 3 Versions Of Save: Save Unplayable

Daniel Evensen
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Hallam Youth Challenge.fm

Description of issue

Hi all,

My long term save has suddenly encountered an issue where the left sidebar will not come up at all.

Other saves I have do not have this issue.  It does not appear to be impacted by the skin, as I am using the default skin.

I have attempted to remove the preferences and cache folders, but to no avail.

All 3 versions of my rolling save file are impacted.  As it stands, the save is completely unplayable, which is extremely frustrating.

I've searched high and low for a solution to this problem, but found nothing.  I had a similar problem in FM24 about 5 months ago, but was able to find an uncorrupted version of the save to continue with.  This time it appears that all versions of the same file were corrupted.

Is there a way to somehow retrieve the information from the save to allow me to continue?  I want to continue this save more than anything else.

I am seriously questioning whether I want to continue playing Football Manager after encountering this for a second time.  There is no worse feeling than seeing months of progress be destroyed by a bug that appears to have received no acknowledgement anywhere.

Steps to reproduce

1. Play Football Manager
    2. Load save
    3. Left sidebar is mysteriously missing for random reasons.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I solved my own problem.

This problem happens when you load a save file when your manager is on vacation.

There is a "return from vacation" button.  Click on that, and the sidebar will reappear.

I hope this is helpful to anybody else who runs into this bug.  It would be nice if this were fixed in future versions of FM.

• Administrators

Hello, as I about to comment but see you beat me to.

I loaded up your save, ended your holiday and the sidebar appeared.

This might have occurred due to your heavily customised database changes.

Glad to see you can continue your save. 

Screenshot 2024-09-09 111924.png