• No Promotion/Relegation between LigaMX and LigaMX Expansión (Mexico)

Pune
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

There is currently no promotion/relegation between LigaMX and LigaMX Expansión in the game. According to online forums it was enabled after one season in FM23.

This is not the case for FM24, I simulated up to 2030, there was no change in the league rules.

In real life relegation/promotion is likely to be reintroduced in the coming years, probably with the introduction of a new 2nd division.

Please enable promotion/relegation for these leagues. Otherwise the 2nd division is very unattractive to play in.

Thanks a lot for all the effort!

Best regards

David

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

I've moved this across to the Mexico Competition Specific section so that it can be looked into by the relevant QA team. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Unfortunately the Liga MX has been so erratic with the handling of promotion/relegation (and this year the supposed "merge" between Expansion League and U23 squads that in the end didn't happen) that for this season it was decided to keep the "season 1" format as the permanent format in the game, as we have no way to predict when/if promotion/relegation will indeed return.

I understand the current format is not very appealing, but sadly that's a reflection of real life.