• Board vision - generate funds not realistic

urmstonwall
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Under Review Screenshot:

Description of issue

I am managing Bolton and the first few years the generate funds board vision wasn't a big issue because we were in a poor financial state. However I am 4 seasons in now, challenging for the prem and just qualified fo the UCL with one of the smallest budgets in the league. We have made 10s of million this year and have £150m in the bank yet my board has given me a -£21m transfer budget and frozen my wage budget. Im not expected to be given Newcastle level budgets but surely it's unrealistic for a club deemed as rich to be be operating under such constraints and continual having to sell their best players. Does this board vision ever go away or am I stuck until a takeover happens cos it's a real pain and making me want to quit the game

Screenshots

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Those screenshots were from last when I got the same issue. I overcame it but as you can see my finances have massively improved and I still have prize money and the rest to come yet still I'm expected to sell just to break even

image (9).png

image (8).png

image (7).png

image (5).png

I've had a similar issue with an FM23 save I carried over to FM24. I've always generated more than I've spent but I noticed in the previous season, when my finances were super healthy, the board asked me to work under a negative transfer budget. When I had a chance to negotiate the vision, they wouldn't budge on that issue, so I had to keep it. This meant I had to sell a lot of my promising youngsters in order to fund moves for world-class players to improve my squad. Yet after winning the Champions League and the budgets being set for the upcoming season, I was once again given a negative transfer budget to work with despite being over 450M in the black. I've attached the save game file of my most recent season after the CL final but before the budget is set (file name: negativetransferbudget).

1.png

2.png

5.png

3.png

4.png

• SI Staff

Can you share your save game with us in which this is the case (either or both of you)? This will help with investigating further. We have a few instances under review already, but would find it beneficial to have as many examples as possible to ensure we catch as many scenarios behind this.
    A guide on how to do so is available here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/ 

Hi, thanks for the response. I uploaded it to the SI Cloud previously but have done so again under the name 'negativetransferbudget'. This is from just before the budget for the new season is given and you'll be able to see that my finances are super healthy with no upcoming investments either (no stadium, for example).