• Disabling first window transfer makes many teams have £0 budget in the winter window

Herry
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

For the past FMs I often played with "disable transfer in the first window" for realism. What happened was in December, the board would ask me to adjust season goals and give me some budget (or even just got messages saying that the transfer budget has been increased).

Now in my first FM24 save, I also started with no transfer in the first window. However, as I reached Jan 1st, the board said nothing. I loaded back a few days (late Dec) and asked for a budget increase. It got rejected.

I added managers to see if other teams have any budget for the winter window. Turned out that except PSG has £60m, many other rich clubs had 0 or very close to 0 (potentially due to clauses), including Man City, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Tottenham.

Is this expected? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Can you share your save game with us in which this is the case? Ideally at the point you were adding managers to other clubs to test things yourself. This will help with investigating further.
    A guide on how to do so is available here:

On 29/11/2023 at 01:24, Michael Sant said:

Can you share your save game with us in which this is the case? Ideally at the point you were adding managers to other clubs to test things yourself. This will help with investigating further.
    A guide on how to do so is available here:

Hi Michael. Thanks for looking into this. I am a bit surprised that it is potentially a bug but not something by design.

Unfortunately I cannot find the save anymore, but I believe it can be recreated by starting a new save in the original mode with the first window transfer disabled. Go on holiday until Jan 1st and you should see most clubs in top 5 leagues with £0.

In my save only Newcastle and PSG had millions to spend. Other teams had £0 or close to £0 budgets.