The About Average Jake
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Half the 1st team....

HALF!!

Football Manager Screenshot 2023.11.04 - 23.50.50.20.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

There are a lot of factors to consider from a manager perspective. Are you resting these players? Are your tactics intense? Are your training schedules intense?

It's worth mentioning as well, that players being jaded doesn't mean they cannot play. Managing the fitness and condition of your team through rotation, tactics, training, substitutions are all important elements. Most of those players are also going to be playing all internationals for their respective countries so its possible you're in a situation where they've had very little rest from game 1 to December. 

11 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

There are a lot of factors to consider from a manager perspective. Are you resting these players? Are your tactics intense? Are your training schedules intense?

It's worth mentioning as well, that players being jaded doesn't mean they cannot play. Managing the fitness and condition of your team through rotation, tactics, training, substitutions are all important elements. Most of those players are also going to be playing all internationals for their respective countries so its possible you're in a situation where they've had very little rest from game 1 to December. 

I get it, I really do. However these guys are professional athletes not some random pub team players. I'd expect to see this type of game mechanic around late winter/early spring.

Non league players are part time and play 2 games a week, but don't seem to have the same issues. 

My staff take control of training but at a glance its usually 2 sessions a day.

Yes, I rotate players although if a player is in a fine run of form then natural I'll select them each week just like IRL, look a Saka at Arsenal for example. He never misses a game. If I'm winning with 25 -30 minutes to go I'll usually use my subs.  

Tactics are slow tempo retain possession, Tiki -Taka and Gegenpress. However I've only used Gegenpress a handful of times as the retain possession is working for me at the moment. 

This mechanic absolutely NEEDS to be in the game for realism, however I feel it needs tweaking. 

Cheers for replying :)