• Players Revolt - Cant Renew Contract with Team Leader - Max. Wage Limited by Board

bababooey
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Under Review Screenshot:

Description of issue

Hello.  In my beta save with Benfica, I'm in the first season.  One of our team leaders, Rafa, is requesting a new contract and I'd like to give him one. But unfortunately he wants nearly double the money he's making, and I'm hard capped at something like 55K (pounds) per week by the board of Benfica. 

Normally, this would be fine.  But 55K is absurdly low, AND combined with the fact that now the squad is entirely upset. However, there is no option to explain to the squad that the board simply will not allow us to renew Rafa's contract for the amount of money he's requesting.  So, the team thinks I'm screwing over one of their leaders, when in reality, I'm trying to resign the player but being limited by the board. 

I've tried asking for a raised wage budget, and they refuse. 

I've tried asking for them to directly handle the renewal, and they refused. 

So my hands are tied, but I cannot even explain to the squad why it's happening this way.

Is this a bug?

I've posted a screenshot of the club finances below, and as you can see, we have pretty healthy finances and could *easily* afford to give Rafa a new deal.

Below that, is a screenshot of our dynamics page, where you can see that 16 players are in agreement that Rafa deserves a new deal. I cannot have 16 players mad at me, all at the same time. It will destroy my command of the dressing room. 

fjghc6rvghc.thumb.jpg.d6a50e7800b4824cbab444b38956ae20.jpgjhfg756u.thumb.jpg.54cf32e9f38ac2715ce008d31d8d1515.jpg

Screenshots

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing this one, there's a few different areas it could fall under but our QA team will look into this further and see what we can find out in regards to this. 

17 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for sharing this one, there's a few different areas it could fall under but our QA team will look into this further and see what we can find out in regards to this. 

Cheers Michael!