• Reserve team has "clean slate" tactics and no tactical familiarity unless I give up control of training

PIKO
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: ReservesNoTactics Files Uploaded: Save Game

See title.
    image.thumb.png.44251fc1ff897817df3e6615c30f058b.png

So, to troubleshoot this issue, I added a second manager as manager of my youth team. My tactics would get deleted before every game.

If I don't do that and  give up control of training I can allow my Reserves manager to use his own tactic via the development center. This is not ideal since A) I need to give up control of training, and B) I would like more control of what positions my reserves gain familiarity with.

PS: I hope these are helpful. Don't get me wrong, this is a great edition.
    PPS: I googled a bit, and this does not seem to be an entirely new issue: 

and, a more severe version of the same (or similar?) bug:

This makes me doubt that there's an easy fix, but even an acknowledgement that this is not working as intended would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After a while even the reserves manager's preferred tactic showed up as "unfamiliar", even though the team was set to train the tactic. It is unclear to me if this is a merely graphical glitch or if the team is truly not gaining tactical familiarity.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 20.12.21.png

PS: selection by the reserves manager is problematic as well as you can tell from the screenshot above. They never rotate the squad at all. They do not weight PA above CA at all. This could do with some tweaking, but it could be argued this is realistic.

12 hours ago, Soulseeker said:

This has been a problem at least since FM22, unfortunately.

Apparently. A bit annoying that there's no acknowledgement that it is a problem though. Some communication as to why this might be happening would go a long way.
    Moreover, it sems to me this could well be related to the problems with player development long-term that you brought up on here as well.

• SI Staff

The QA team will continue investigating. Thank you for taking the time to demonstrate the issue is persisting in the current version. With all presented issues there are a lot of considerations in terms of getting it correct moving forward and how best to achieve that.