• Training Player positions

wazza
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Position Training - Wazza.fm

Description of issue

This has been the same bug in FM23 as well, not sure if it has ever been reported.

Players including Seri can play in multiple positions  in a team for example I have him set in a 4231 to play as a DM - Deep lying Playmaker or Regista role, in the 442 I have him to play as a MC - Advanced playmaker.  

On his individual training when in the 442 tactic on his training screen it is still showing (circled in red) his postion traning as a DM under position / role and duty when it should be Advannced playmaker.

I assume the Position / Role Duty tab should automatically change to his role and duty based upon the tactic loaded in the screen for that week.  For example if on week 1 he is playing in 4231 DM Deep lying playmaker role then the DM Playing Position is correct,  If  then in week 2 change the tactic is to be 442 with Seri as a MC - Advanced playmaker role, this screen and the Position Role Duty tab should autmatically change to read MC - Playing Role and the centre circle on the tactics pitch above has a yellow circle around it and not the DM position,

It does not do this and I believe it should work this way.

If I am incorrect, could you advise how it should work and how I get the training to automatically change between roles for players who play in different positions and roles on the pitch depending upon the match.  Im sure that you should not have to change it each game yourself from the dropdown menu otherwise why is the 'Playing position' an option.  I read it as the player trains based upon his position in the current tactic.

I hope you can look into this and advise.

I have uploaded a save game file, but believe it will be as everybodies save file as the tab seems to be set up that way and as mentioned has been for a few versions of the game, so not sure if its intentional.

Hull City_ Overview.png

Jean Michaël Séri_ Training.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi,

With regards to my post could you please advise if this is actually a bug or working as intended.  If it is working as intended could you advise how I get the player to train in his last played match position for players who play in multiple roles from week to week - as it must be a setting Im not aware of.

Thanks

On 24/10/2023 at 14:34, wazza said:

Hi,

With regards to my post could you please advise if this is actually a bug or working as intended.  If it is working as intended could you advise how I get the player to train in his last played match position for players who play in multiple roles from week to week - as it must be a setting Im not aware of.

Thanks

I wondered if you could advise with regards to the above - I noticed that the post is set as public status 'open'. so does this mean its not a bug and working as intended?

• SI Staff

The public status being open means that it is still at the initial stage of review just to clarify. In terms of the issue, it is under review now with our QA team and they will take a look into this further.

On 05/11/2023 at 05:09, Michael Sant said:

The public status being open means that it is still at the initial stage of review just to clarify. In terms of the issue, it is under review now with our QA team and they will take a look into this further.

Thanks, so my understanding then it is a bug and the training should change game to game to suit the last playing position.  Will this be fixed as part of the next round bug fixes?