• Transfer budget

mbaker11
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

I don't think it's technically a bug, but my transfer budget at the end of November with Tottenham was 40 million pounds.  Then on December 1 the board increased the transfer budget to 117 million pounds.  Then after January activity my transfer budget was 140 million pounds.  We ended up finishing third in the league at the end of the season, so way above expectations since Tottenham's in the first year is to be top half.  But the board took a bunch of money away from me right before the summer window and my transfer budget went down to 60 million. 

I don't think it's very realistic for the board to give me all of that transfer money, then take it away again right when the summer window is about to start, which is when the vast majority of that money is going to be spent since the winter window is a lot more calm.  If they give me all of that money then it is clearly to set us up for a big summer, so it makes no sense to take it away if I didn't use it in January, especially when I exceeded expectations and the summer window is about to start. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Transfer budgets are determined by the board based on your objective for the season, the risk they're willing to take from a financial perspective versus the clubs current financial situation. Spending, or not spending, the money can have an indirect effect on the following seasons budget as it impacts your current balance depending on the deals you agree. However, the following season the club re-assesses again and makes a new decision. If you'd spent all the money you likely still would have had a budget unless it left you in a risky financial position.