• Transfer embargoes get removed once a takeover happens

Sketchcos
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Is this intended? In older versions I do a youth only save, giving all clubs of a country transfer embargoes of 100 years, and the embargoes don't get removed after board takeovers. In fm24 I just did a test save giving all clubs in Spain transfer embargoes, yet not even 5 years later there are already transfers.

I don't know if this is intended, but it's unreasonable that clubs can evade a transfer ban by having a board takeover. Or at least there should be an option of "Not removable transfer ban".

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello, @Michael Sant I had this issue as well (was attempting to introduce a global transfer ban for every club in the game) and found a number of English clubs had been taken over resulting in the ban being lifted (I set the initial embargo type to global transfer ban and also tried transfers disabled).

I have a save game that I have uploaded to the cloud (Global Transfer Ban - Reading Takeover Just Before.fm) where the next day Reading will have a takeover either take place or "hit the rocks" I reloaded a number of times and its about 66% successful at generating the takeover.