• Loan Back w/ Too Many Loans Perma Stops Transfer

CaesarXI
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: WilsonTransfer Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Hi! I'm currently managing Charlton in Sky Bet League 1 in the 26/27 season and am attempting to sign a player named "Ollie Wilson" who spawned at the Woking Academy. Between the summer and winter transfer window, I agreed to a ~250k deal with Woking to sign the player, and they agreed to the deal. Despite already having two players on loan at Woking, they requested to loan Wilson back for the remainder of the season which I was happy with. Because having more than 2 players on loan at a team breaks the National League's rules on loans, the transfer fell through despite the agreeing terms with both the player and the team. Now when I attempt to renegotiate the transfer I cannot remove the original loan back agreement, which causes the club to immediately reject any offers (including those far far above the player's valuation!). Now when I speak with his agent, he informs me that National League Woking, a club with a NEGATIVE (460k) bank balance would only accept a bid of between 90 and 120m for his transfer. That's crazy!

This is very frustrating because my scouts rate Wilson highly and he is wanted by several clubs in the EFL Championship and SPL Premiership. There should be a way to remove the loan-back agreement, even if it means paying a higher fee, or realistically the club shouldn't be asking for a loan-back agreement when they already have two players on loan from my team. 

I've uploaded my saved game titled "WilsonTransfer.fm" and also a screenshot of my attempts to sign the player and the agent's valuation.

This issue should be easily reproducible by:

1. Loaning the maximum number of players to a team in a different division (this case the National Leagues and 2 players).

2. Attempting to sign a player from that team and agreeing terms with the player.

3. Agreeing to a loan-back deal when offered by the club

4. Watching the transfer fall through due to a rules violation, then attempting to do the transfer again.

5. Asking the agent about the client's availability.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same problem from two months ago, although this time because the club couldn't sign a replacement player (rather than the division's rules being broken by the transfer). Unfortunately, I do not have a save game from before the transfer was agreed, but I do have a save game after terms were agreed but before the transfer was canceled. I have uploaded it as "WilsonMidTransfer.fm".