• Trading International Slots MLS doesn't work

alecb7
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Big Nige - Unemployed-2 Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I'm playing as St Louis City. I tried trading for other teams International Slots, in exchange for my General allocation money. I make the offer, its accepted, i complete the trade, then the General allocation money is taken from me, but the slots are not given to me. I have tried this with several teams, CF Montreal being the one I have shown here. 

I apologise if i'm an idiot and don't understand the MLS and have this wrong, this is my first save in the game, but this seems like a bug from everything i have read...

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm just writing in here to say that I have the same issue. I'm playing with Columbus Crew, still in preseason, and I traded away a SuperDraft pick to DC United for an International Slot. Right after the trade was completed, it showed that I had upped my Int'l Slots from 7 to 8, but now it is back down at 7 and I'm getting notices that my roster is out of compliance.

This is really frustrating, and I'd like to be able to play the season without moving a person needlessly off of my roster. Do we know how quickly this will be fixed?

OP's original thread linked here: https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/17fo9bx/

On 25/10/2023 at 06:51, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for flagging this, we will investigate further. 

Any update on this? I was really wanting to do an Inter Miami save but it feels unplayable if I can' acquire more international slots

13 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

While you are working on it could you also address the issue with St. Louis City in MLS? 

You are by default supposed to have 8 international slots. It's currently shown as 5 international slots and 3 DP's but the DP's are counting as internationals. It needs to be changed to 8 international player slots or the DP's need to not count as international.

St. Louis also traded for 3 international slots before the start of the 2023 season. They should beable to field 11 international players at the start of the season.

I hope you are able to get this corrected at the same time because St. Louis is crippled with realistic transfer windows. They start with more international players than they can field and can't trade.

• SI Staff

We wouldn't be able to confirm any further details at this time, I realise its not an ideal situation to be in but because of how things may change at short notice during game development its only when we know a fix is confirmed in an update we can provide more details.