• Unable to offer contracts past end of current season

sellza
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Sellza - Institute.fm

Description of issue

I am currently managing Institute in Northern Ireland. I am unable to offer contracts to my players past summer 2028 (currently january 2028).

The players seem eager to sign new contracts but the message says that any new contract would not increase their current contract length. The players in question are all out of contract in 6 months or less so I don't understand how contracts could not be offered past that point. I thought maybe the chairman was in the process of selling the club or the club maybe added a vision of no more than 1 year contract for players of a certain age but there is nothing like that in the game that I can find. 

It's incredibly frustrating knowing that I cannot offer new contracts and will likely lose players who are great for the club and want to stay. 

I uploaded my game save file  to ownCloud and named it 'Sellza - Institute.fm' Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sellza - Young cannot offer.png

Sellza - Cole cannot offer.png

Screenshot 2023-12-10 212039.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm having this same issue in Northern Ireland and it's incredibly frustrating. I kept googling for rules on the league but it seems to be some kind of database issue?

On 14/12/2023 at 22:41, LordGortash said:

I'm having this same issue in Northern Ireland and it's incredibly frustrating. I kept googling for rules on the league but it seems to be some kind of database issue?

Yeah see I thought it might be a league rule or a club rule but there is nothing defined anywhere that I can see. It's continued to happen deeper into the game my only approach now has been to offer contracts with optional contract extensions as a workaround so once the player accepts I just automatically trigger the extension and then I have a 2/3 year contract.

On 12/12/2023 at 14:47, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for raising this, we will review further. 

Is there any update on this? It's still happening deep into the game.

On 29/12/2023 at 05:48, Michael Sant said:

It's an issue we do still have under review, but we don't have any updates we can share on this one at this point I'm sorry.

No problem, thanks for the update. As long as I know you're aware and looking into it.