• Finishing is completely broken.. fix your game

LucasDRA
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

The state of finishing in this game.. reducing good strikers to just hitting one-one-ones out the stadium is not a way to address too many goals. Honestly not even fun at this point...

Consistently the better team and losing or drawing because my strikers just decide to shoot off target when literally in front of goal.. 

Until this is fixed i'm not playing.. like what's the point.. this happens way too much in one season!d57d92d781cb39b4842b0f4daa0fa9b8.jpga1fa513998e3bbdd60a7cf441fc19dd5.jpg2e91b230daae20e514e91fca2ceb8d41.jpgd0f839c2388aee8f595222f52990c904.jpg2394eafbc3340aa5cc8a072b2625f936.jpg

31e7fcfcc8016d9e17a9c8213bd40880.jpg

80bd494042fd3ac6c84fa22133515227.jpg

cfe5ac4dd2d76e522c41b3f8a1105769.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

I'll flag this to the match team to take a look, but given there haven't been too many complaints regarding this recently I can't say for certain we'll make changes. 

We'll investigate in any case, thank you for raising it. 

Yes, this is happening (again) since 22.3 update

Games with 30+ shots to score a goal, where my opponent needs 2. That can happen for one game, but for five, six?

My strikers miss crazy oportunities. I had three penalties, all missed. I have lorenzo lucca with 50 goals per season and he can't score a goal since the update.

This isn't new, thought. Every year there's a new game release and this problem happens. And it's fixed and then comes an update and it's there again.

Picture from Data Hub translation: scored 5 goals in 84 shots inside the area. The data is from the last 5 games.

image.png.125ed4d5f578d12e95e91297541d667f.png

Edited by borreicho
    adding screencap

Same thing with me

lost 5-1

had 20+ shots against...... yeap, 5 shots, but many other games like this before, but this one was the last straw, simply unplayable a this point, and the engine is quite good, it's just this thing ruining it all

I know many people that face this same issue. 

Just because they don't post it on the forums doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist.

Most people don't post on the forum beacuse if you post an issue on the forums they just go into a trashcan and will never be fixed/addressed.

Countless issues are posted on these forums and you guys say you'll look into it but we all know you guys actually won't, because they exist for multiple FM's.

Players score easily until a draw, but from the draw onwards, despite creating a lot of xGs, they don't score. Penalties have been taken, but despite an average of 3 xG per game, the players do not go beyond a draw against very low-level teams. I'm talking about Juventus vs Udinese or other very low ranking teams. They don't score through penalties, shots without a goalkeeper, etc. After this happened I opened a new career always with Juventus, with a different market but the situation is the same. The players finish very well while they are losing but as soon as they draw they start wasting delicious opportunities including penalties. I ask for this problem to be resolved because I cannot continue playing without being able to win.

10 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Just to be clear, we've explained the current status of the match engine here:

Thanks. 

I understand the need to work on the next game, but... the thing is... I'm one of those that plays hours per week all year around and now I can't because the game isn't responding properly. So... do I stop playing till november when the next game arrives? A game I bought five months ago and I use to play during the year on a weekly basis? Saying you won't even look at the issue is the same of saying your're ok with the fact you're about to lose a long time costumer. I'm saddened by that.

Edited by borreicho

I experience the same. Lots of clear chances, but ridiculous misses. I play sensible tactics, but cant score goals after the update.

• SI Staff
    On 22/03/2022 at 18:47, borreicho said:

Saying you won't even look at the issue

It's important to perhaps add a clarification. When investigating it has no bearing on what happens in the most recent version of the match engine its a waste of your time to solicit pkm's and a waste of testing time to look into them. This is genuinely a case of us being open and honest with the community. Explaining where resources are now allocated and why. We hope that people will ultimately respect that more than us maintaining a false façade that everything is still being looked into and checked when reaching a point where that is no longer viable/feasible to the improvement of the ME.

The Match Engine exists in its own niche and you'll hopefully have seen that other areas of the bug tracker are still being actively used. 

Every time you have a dominance of created chances against AI, it's like a script kicks in that makes your players useless finishing, but once you are behind or you are the underdog, you magically can finish. Of course it's not a script, but it seems the engine is favouring being the underdog

Middle and lower table teams defend like Burnleys and string together attacks like Man City. Able to string passes without any interceptions, defend with last ditch tackles, GKs become reincarnated Oliver Kahn who saves 80% of all shots while our team GK just helplessly let in goal with 1 opponent striker (against one backline of 4defenders and scoring into the bottom of the net)

Opponents always have continuations on their corner routines even if  its being cleared our to near midway while our teams will mostly not have any continuations once the ball is cleared out.

image.thumb.png.fd4ac78d4a76a3741ca69678cd04819c.png

Been shaking my head and smiling helplessly while watching Southampton string together Man City alike passes and tear apart Arsenal with goals scored from low XG while my high XGs are mostly not goals.  

Laughing when aston villa scores 4 goals through small XG chances. 

image.png.a388e459ce9fc587fa722ed1acbf93cf.png

Another match where Leeds did it too. Yeah.... 

image.thumb.png.e2178265f17cc30c9ab775bd85147160.png

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

The latest update has ****ed the game man. AI converts almost every shot to a goal, meanwhile my team struggle to score. AI keepers acting like prime Neuer with ultimate reflexes, AI Centrebacks chase down Youssoufa Moukoko easily when he is one-v-one with the goalie, shots are getting blocked or goals are disallowed by the VAR.

It's completely ruining the fun in this game. Sort it out ASAP! 

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-08 om 19.26.09.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-08 om 19.26.27.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-08 om 19.26.39.png

Same here, I can't seem to score goals. Players go out of their way to NOT score, resulting in hilarious misses. Meanwhile, the AI pretty much always score their first shot at goal.

But fine, don't look at this glaring fault in your ME. Last FM I bought.

And another one for the books. To make it even more painful: watch the goal in the 86th minute that has been disallowed by the VAR. Dolberg is flagged offside, although he is completely onside to make a tap in.

Of course: the first shot taken by Lazio resulted in a goal (scored by Immobile) :D 

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-13 om 13.14.06.png

Lazio - Inter.pkm

On 24.03.2022 at 07:20, Michael Sant said:

It's important to perhaps add a clarification. When investigating it has no bearing on what happens in the most recent version of the match engine its a waste of your time to solicit pkm's and a waste of testing time to look into them. This is genuinely a case of us being open and honest with the community. Explaining where resources are now allocated and why. We hope that people will ultimately respect that more than us maintaining a false façade that everything is still being looked into and checked when reaching a point where that is no longer viable/feasible to the improvement of the ME.

The Match Engine exists in its own niche and you'll hopefully have seen that other areas of the bug tracker are still being actively used. 

I do agree that it is important to add clarification. These same issues have been in previous FMs several times. What SI does is to make a game full with full price stop providing update and supports within 5 months every year and give the customers the same excuse "we are wroking on the new engine" and ask players to buy the new game for full price just to experience the same issues in a new engine? . Leaving customers unhappy about to same issues, year in and year out. 

This has been said many times but maybe finally realise that you guys arent able to bring much to the table anymore within a year as it is evident by the same issues we had in previous versions. Maybe release the game every 2 years. 

If you could not fix the issues with previous engines, what good is it to players that SI is working on the new engine? Are we supposed to pay again for a sub-par product and hope for the best that SI will get this time or the next update in 23 wont create the same issues? 

So, I don't know since when, but strikers are completely killed in this game. And by that I mean strikers who play alone up front (433, 4321, etc).

I'm winning most of my games because other players in my 433 DM system are scoring enough goals. For example: Sebastiano Esposito is my top goalscorer with 25 goals coming from the right wing.

So far I've used 5 different strikers in the 2026/2027 season:
    Youssoufa Moukoko: 12 goals (all scored in the first 2 months of the season)
    Athos: 4 goals
    Kasper Dolberg: 3 goals
    Sebastiano Esposito: 0 goals (when I played him up front as a CF)
    Ferran Torres: 2 goals (scored in a game where I used a 2 striker formation)

No matter what I do, which instructions I put in. Single strikers are completely broken at this point. I've used different roles, like: complete forward, pressing forward, advanced forward, poacher. Nothing helps anymore. Strikers don't run in behind anymore and if they do, they will be caught up by the defenders easily. One on one with the goalkeeper? Forget it, he will shoot on the keeper or completely miss the target. Finally score a goal as a striker? Nah man, VAR will say its offside.

Please fix this asap please!

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-18 om 12.20.32.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-18 om 12.20.53.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-18 om 12.21.07.png

I was so happy that the ME finally worked great back when FM 22 came out, and now once again there's the same issue that made me stop playing FM 18, 19 and 20. Mbappe misses 5 1v1s every game, he either shoots straight at GK or completely misses the goal. It's ridiculous! You guys do the same thing every year, people complain that there are too many goals per game so you nerf 1v1s and you can have the best striker in the world, 3.0xG or more and 5 1v1s per game and you're lucky if your striker scores one goal. Go and see posts about this for previous FM versions, it happens (almost?) every year. Since you're obviously not going to do anything with it now, can you at least not break it on FM 23? You don't even have to fix it, just don't mess it up again...

On 18/05/2022 at 12:28, JariSkamp said:

So, I don't know since when, but strikers are completely killed in this game. And by that I mean strikers who play alone up front (433, 4321, etc).

I'm winning most of my games because other players in my 433 DM system are scoring enough goals. For example: Sebastiano Esposito is my top goalscorer with 25 goals coming from the right wing.

I use the same formation as you and this is my lone forward -

a4d5ce981863b82ab59fafc9a535c59d.png

He's not a big game player, as you can see in his CL performances, but he's been brilliant in the league.

On 31/05/2022 at 07:44, HUNT3R said:

I use the same formation as you and this is my lone forward -

a4d5ce981863b82ab59fafc9a535c59d.png

He's not a big game player, as you can see in his CL performances, but he's been brilliant in the league.

I'm wondering in which role you play him. Every role I use, strikers don't score in a lone striker system. They are kings in hitting the keeper or the woodwork. They never run in open spaces and if they do, they are offside. In the current state of the game I'm very surprised if one of my strikers scores a goal. 

Hopefully FM23 contains a massive overhaul in the ME. Because the current one is bad, very very very bad.